$5 off $5 1st order at Family Video

[quote name='toldawg128']I think they should just cancel the orders, and that they are wrong for charging more than what people agreed to pay, but I don't agree with trying to take advantage of FV either.

Don't figure that because they accepted an order because of a glitch that it's a win-win for you (either they let it go through, or they cancel your order, or you get a coupon because they made a mistake). They are kind enough to give you $5 off your first order, as well as 99 cent shipping and no tax, don't whine about not being able to take advantage of them. What are they doing that's worse than what your trying to do to them?[/QUOTE]

Thank you -- that was splendidly put.

[quote name='toldawg128']They are kind enough to give you $5 off your first order, as well as 99 cent shipping and no tax, don't whine about not being able to take advantage of them. What are they doing that's worse than what your trying to do to them?[/quote]

I wouldn't say it's kind of them to charge $.99 shipping or no sales tax, since media male costs about that on a CD/DVD and they legally can't charge sales tax.

I agree it's wrong when people try to take advantage of the $5 off, but it's wrong of them to ship the items and not cancel the orders if they aren't discounting them.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I wouldn't say it's kind of them to charge $.99 shipping or no sales tax, since media male costs about that on a CD/DVD and they legally can't charge sales tax.[/quote]
I meant the $5 off was nice of them. Media mail is like $1.59 for items under a pound so 99 cent shipping is a good deal.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I agree it's wrong when people try to take advantage of the $5 off, but it's wrong of them to ship the items and not cancel the orders if they aren't discounting them.[/quote]
Exactly

Well you can cancel preorders according to their website. You just send an email to [email protected] and give them the order number and title. I did so Saturday because I wanna cancel my Final Fantasy XII Preorder (since Circuit City has it for $37.99) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they don't do that on weekends. But they haven't emailed me today (Monday) confirming the cancellation either. Still waiting on their cancellation confirmation.

I got the email as well.. except mine says they aren't charging me anything extra, they are honoring my pending orders, just that no further orders should be made with the coupon. (I've used it about 5-7 times, all on cheap dvds)

[quote name='tinyandi']Quick question, where is it on Circuit City $37.99? I see it for $49.99. TIA![/quote]
Wait till it's on sale next week!

Sorry to boost a bit of an old thread but I was wondering if anyone who preordered Yoshi's Island DS or Final Fantasy III from this deal has had their order shipped yet. Yoshi was supposed to be available yesterday and FFIII today, but I haven't received any updates about them. Do they even send you a confirmation email? I don't want to email them myself because I don't want to draw attention to the fact I used the coupon three times ;P

I got this email Tuesday (FF III)

This email is to inform you that the title Final Fantasy III is delayed by
the manufacture by a few days. Our ETA on receiving this title is
Thursday, the latest Friday. Once we receive this product in stock your
order will be processed, and shipped from our warehouse.

If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this matter please
contact us at [email protected] or 1-888-383-1880.

Happy to see they shipped VIVA PINATA and also sent me the "Launch Version" edition with the special packaging, even though it wasn't listed that way on their site :) Sweet! (also had GEARS OF WAR just a couple of days after it came out).

Just wanted to add that I did the Gears of War preorder in late Oct. Maybe the 30th, recieved my copy of Gears on the 9th of November. I didn't mind waiting the extra day to save $15 (I live in an area where no stores had it till the 8th).

[quote name='GMaxx']No idea for that one, but my excite truck shipped today! :D[/quote]

really? daym i preordered red steel and haven't heard anything yet. would love to get it asap as i am eager to play it after watching videos of it in action for the past couple weeks.

[quote name='ghozt']really? daym i preordered red steel and haven't heard anything yet. would love to get it asap as i am eager to play it after watching videos of it in action for the past couple weeks.[/quote]

i've been keeping track of Red Steel and Zelda: Twilight Princess for a while and they're both supposed to ship out on Nov. 20th

[quote name='nodoubt']got an email from them that zelda has shipped![/quote]
Thank you for ordering from www.familyVideo.com! We just wanted to let you know that the item(s) indicated below have shipped and should be arriving soon.

Thanks again for choosing www.familyVideo.com - we appreciate your business!

Date Ordered: Wednesday the 11th of October, 2006

Products:
------------------------------------------------------
1 X Red Steel : Wii (008888173243) = $42.97

Thank you for ordering from www.familyVideo.com! We just wanted to let you know that the item(s) indicated below have shipped and should be arriving soon.

Thanks again for choosing www.familyVideo.com - we appreciate your business!

Date Ordered: Thursday the 12th of October, 2006

Products:
1 X Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess : Wii (045496900014) = $44.99

OMG THIS IS TRULY A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

Well, here I am without a Wii pre-order yet and Red Steel and Zelda are on the way to me from Family Video (about $40 each after the coupon). I don't want to have two games with no system to play em on!

[quote name='Downhome']Well, here I am without a Wii pre-order yet and Red Steel and Zelda are on the way to me from Family Video (about $40 each after the coupon). I don't want to have two games with no system to play em on![/quote]

You got an email saying Red Steel has shipped? Why does the website say 11/20?

Sorry, just read the previous page. Nevermind. Wonder why mine hasn't shipped yet. I ordered Oct. 11 too. Anyone elses Red Steel shipped?

Oh I am pissed

We're sorry to inform you that the following item(s):

1 x Red Steel : Wii

is backordered, and we are awaiting a status from the distributor as to
when the product(s) will arrive in stock, usually within 2-4 weeks. We will
continue to monitor this order and provide you with updates as they
become available. If you have any further questions simply reply to
this e-mail.

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

I ordered October 11th. :cry:

I guess a certain amount that ordered on the 11th got theirs shipped, and I was one that didn't.
Just called them and I got them to upgrade shipping for me at least (but didn't say how long shipping is now just that he'd upgrade it free of charge) He said same with Gears of War but they got another batch in in 2 or 3 days, hoping the same happens with this.

my gears of war STILL HASN'T GOTTEN HERE! WTF?! it shipped off like a week ago...this is the slowest i've ever seen familyvideo ship something....hopefully it won't take as long to ship my zelda and red steel...i REALLY wanna play those when i go home on tuesday, which is where they'll be waiting for me!

I'll be using these guys more often!

I got my Gears and now I got my Zelda along with Excite Truck today.

Once I get my Wii tomorrow then I'll se all set!

man i put my order in since 10/13 for red steel. guess ill be getting the backordered email on monday or so.

Gamespot gave Red Steel a 5.5 said it had horrible controls. It convinced me to cancel my (back) order with family video. I'll get it later when it drops in price.

It almost seems to me like you move the Wii mote and your character just does some random thing, pass.

does the website not charge tax? I went all the way through checkout and never saw any mention of tax even though they have video rental places all over my area

I just got in my email a free shipping code.

It'll save you a whopping 99 cents, but hey we're all cheap asses am i rite?

FREESHP6

Its a christmas promo, expires 12/23/06

heh I may be getting Red Steel for free. I cancelled my order weeks ago for it (it was backordered) And then just two days ago I got a notice saying it was shipping anyway. I called customer service and the guy said he saw where I had cancelled it but sometimes the shipping department is kind of....yeah. So he said he would refund my card now and to just return to sender when I got it. Well I got it today and I....don't think I'm gonna do that. They're the dumbasses that sent it to me anyway long after I cancelled it. There's a good chance they may recharge my card for the total ($38.96) anyway, if so i'll just sell it on ebay and I should still break even.

bread's done
Back