$5 off any PS2 game at Best Buy B&M Printable Coupon - Confirmed Actually Works Now!

froinlaven

CAGiversary!
I didn't see this posted anywhere on the site yet. This is ripped from FW:

Found this as part of McDonald's current PSP promotion. Go to McDonald's contest site:
http://mcdonalds3.promotions.com/psp/front.do

Wait for the flash animation to play, then click the EXPLORE button on the left. Wait for another flash to finish, then click on the back right swirl that says "Best Buy Coupon" when you mouse over it. This gives you a link to print the coupon.

The coupon states that it is good for $5 off ANY PS2 game, no restrictions on price listed. Coupon is valid through 12/31/05.

EDIT: Note that this is a different coupon than the previous one for PS2/PSP, and that it seems more legit, since it's supposed to be printed from McDonald's website rather than being a photocopy of in in-store coupon.

EDIT 2 Electric Boogaloo: Here's a PDF to the coupon in case you can't find it: (thanks encendido5)

Coupon(s) attached below:

I was able to use the coupon this afternoon, but it was a pain in the butt. In the end two managers had to get involved since first the coupon wouldn't scan and then the cashier took the $5 off the wrong game (an Xbox game that I'm not sure if I'll be keeping).

Hopefully it'll get into their system soon, since it certainly looks much nicer than the old PSP $5 off coupon.

I will probably go today, our Best Buy is very lenient so I believe they will take it. I am going to be looking for MP2, and possibly any 5 dollar games that are left.

Never had a problem with the old coupon (aside from not being able to use it on Star Ocean when it was "already on sale" for $14.99). But this one sure looks less shady and will definately waste less ink!

I couldn't get a $4.99 game with it, because it said "$5 off" and it wasn't technically 5 dollars. I could of used it for a 10 dollar game, but I chose not to.

Yeah, seems the coupon is either not in their system or not accepted at every store. I tried using it on a $10.00 game, but it wouldn't scan, and then the cashier said she had to call the store manager (uggh)...at that point I told her to just sell me my penny guides and not bother. In the process of trading said guides (Jade empire) with other CAGs. In the meantime, I'll keep using the old coupon, which scanned with no problems.

[quote name='coolbrys']I couldn't get a $4.99 game with it, because it said "$5 off" and it wasn't technically 5 dollars. I could of used it for a 10 dollar game, but I chose not to.[/QUOTE]

SO what hes trying to say is that this wont work on a game that's $4.99 ?

It wouldn't work for me, so the woman is all, "go get something to make it above 5 bucks total." so I got some Strappleberry Juicy Fruit gum and used the coupon.

Free game and gum that I like. Yay.

[quote name='Kuros']It wouldn't work for me, so the woman is all, "go get something to make it above 5 bucks total." so I got some Strappleberry Juicy Fruit gum and used the coupon.

Free game and gum that I like. Yay.[/QUOTE]

At first, thats exactly what she said. However, then she asked another clerk and because the game itself wasnt over 5 dollars, she couldn't give it to me...

[quote name='coolbrys']At first, thats exactly what she said. However, then she asked another clerk and because the game itself wasnt over 5 dollars, she couldn't give it to me...[/QUOTE]

Yea, they tried that line with me. Say that no where in the coupon does it state a minimum purchase price. If they still won't give it to you, talk to a manager.

[quote name='Kuros']Yea, they tried that line with me. Say that no where in the coupon does it state a minimum purchase price. If they still won't give it to you, talk to a manager.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I am an idiot. I should have done that. Well, next time...

oh this is VERY nice, thanks OP and cheapy for frontpaging this! i will get a lot of $10 games for $5 and $5 games for free. this is humungous

edit: crap, the link just takes me to a little red x, maybe the server is jammed from taking so many hits?

[quote name='slidecage']coupon rocks but the contest really sucks. its based on time not real odds.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "it's based on time"?

[quote name='CheapyD']Normally I wouldn't front page something like this, but Best Buy deserves only the best! However, I did make it only available to registered CAGs.[/QUOTE]
I was able to access it without signing in.

Yeah, I thought I had it locked down, but I don't think it was.
I think I have it now, but it seems as if it will load if you accessed it before, even if you log out.

Is there any chance that some butthole cashiers (or managers) will say that they are not a "participating U.S. Best Buy Store Location?"

[quote name='PostalPee']Is there any chance that some butthole cashiers (or managers) will say that they are not a "participating U.S. Best Buy Store Location?"[/QUOTE]

The chances are extremely minute. A cashier wouldn't say it, because a cashier would not have the authority to make that determination. A manager could say it, but probably wouldn't.

this will certainly be useful, since i have only 6 GGC coupons and more than 6 games to buy. then again, many games I need to buy are contingent on their prices dropping, which I don't see happening. and, sadly, there are very few PS2 games that I am looking forward to, though I will certainly use this with We Love Katamari at least.

I used the coupon to get Starsky and Hutch for $5. They had to call a manager, and he said that the upc on the coupon is one number too long, but when I mentioned it was a McDonald's coupon, he said he wasn't surprised it was screwed up. They just manually took the $5 off. I love this coupon... :)

arghh

"Offer not good in combination with other coupons or offers, layaway balances, gift certificates, or credit card payments"

Does this mean I can't pricematch? AND i cant use my gift card to pay when i use the coupon?

[quote name='chakan']Thanks forinlaven.

The coupon wouldn't scan, but they accepted it, and I got Max Payne 2 for 5 bucks.
Other $9.99 titles I saw were
T3: Rise of the Machines
Smuggler's Run
Robotech (Battlecry?)
Virtua Fighter 4
Some Bowling Game

They had a few Jampacks @ 7.99, and a Baldur's Gate Cheat disc for 4.99

This was at Airport way store, Portland, OR[/QUOTE]
It's worth pointing out that VF4 is the Greatest Hits version, VF4 Evolution.

I've also seen Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Midway Arcade Treasures 1, a Ford racing game, and Stuntman at the $10 mark in my area.

Anyone know if Midway is worth the $5? I'm a bit worried about the quality of the ports, and I'm leaning towards just using my money on a copy of VF4E instead.

I don't know about the Midway compilation, but I can tell you that I purchased VF4:Evo a while ago for the full $20. I never regretted it, not even when I learned that it can now be purchased for $5. It is a great game, very different from Tekken, but absolutely great.

The way I look at it, you'll play the game for at least 5 hours. That's $1/hr. You pay a higher rate to see a movie in a theater or even on DVD. As long as you play the game for 5 hours, you're getting a great deal. What is the likelihood that you'll play the Midway game for 5+ hours?

They wouldn't take the new (McDonald's) coupon for me - the code didn't work so the cashier response was "this isn't a valid coupon". I didn't want to push it and bring in a manager because I had a few penny guides that she had just rung up as well. So I just said to forget the game and paid my 5 cents and left :D.

In the future, I'll just go back to using the older ones unless those are no longer valid (didn't read through the whole thread). I see others are getting cashiers to override the coupon. The older one is much better as it doesn't require this silly override...

Question: Can you price match something from another store, and then use the $5 off coupon? That way I'd be able to get Starwars Battlefront for $9.99.

fuck you too, Best Buy.

I got my copy of VF4:Evo, but the manager tried to pull the "We can't accept photocopies" line on me.

How the hell else am I supposed to bring in the coupon? It came from a fucking website! It was in color and everything, and the printout directly from the McDonalds website. I didn't cut it out or anything like that...just one coupon, in the middle of the page.

At least I got the game. I should have learned by now not to go to that particular Best Buy, but it's only a few miles from my house. Damn my laziness...

[quote name='PostalPee']Is there any chance that some butthole cashiers (or managers) will say that they are not a "participating U.S. Best Buy Store Location?"[/QUOTE]

YES! That is exactly what happened to me. The cashier scanned it, and of course, it wasn't in the system, so she called a manager. The manager looked it over with his all-powerful eyes, and found the fine print saying that it was "Only Valid At Participating Locations". He said that since it wasn't in the system, then that location must not be participating in the promotion. I couldn't believe it. The manager was obviously very young and felt like proving his authority by telling me that I was not at a participating location.

I left and drove a little to the next BB down the street. I did the same thing, the cashier scanned it, and system didn't recognize it. She called the manager and the manager looked at it and he saw no problem with it. The manager manually gave me a $5 price reduction after taxes.

Also, I went to CC in between time. They would not accept the $5 BB Mcdonalds coupon. I was disappointed. The cashier proceeded to tell me the CC price matching policy. I just stared at him and nodded in shame.

So after my adventure, I conclude that....

Ft. Wayne, IN Northcrest BB - "Is not a participating location"
Ft. Wayne, IN Apple Glen BB - Accepted it without question
Ft. Wayne, IN CC - $x.xx off Competitor coupons are not accepted

I got static too. I got two PS2 games, The Getaway and Redident Evil Outbreak 2, and wanted to use two coupons ( I know the coupon says 1 per household but the cashier looked kind of slow so...). To make a long story short, I got $5 off both games but only after the manager came over twice and my girlfriend helping me out(the manager enforced the 1 per house rule so I had my girlfriend buy a game for me). The coupons is not in the system but it will work if the manager is cool.

I picked up RE Outbreak File 2 today, and of course the manager had to get involved. She read the coupon about a dozen times, eyed me up and down, read it again, and told the cashier to enter it manually. It took some time, but it went through.

yeah it didnt work for me. i found beyond good and evil for 9.99 and tried to use the coupon and they said they couldnt do anything becuase it wasnt in the system. so i left and had some decent finds else where.

[quote name='doodle777_98']yeah it didnt work for me. i found beyond good and evil for 9.99 and tried to use the coupon and they said they couldnt do anything becuase it wasnt in the system. so i left and had some decent finds else where.[/QUOTE]

With all the fuss BB is making over this Mcdonald's coupon, we might as well stick with the old PSP/PS2 coupon. It doesn't look as legit but at least that one scans in their system.

Since people are having issues getting any games for free right out of the gate, I put together a list of $10 games at BB that are eligible for the $5 PriceGrabber rebate:

Beyond Good and Evil
Fisherman's Bass Club
FORD RACING 2
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch
Rocky
Strike Force Bowling
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution

Feel free to add to the list if I missed something.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']It's worth pointing out that VF4 is the Greatest Hits version, VF4 Evolution.

I've also seen Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Midway Arcade Treasures 1, a Ford racing game, and Stuntman at the $10 mark in my area.

Anyone know if Midway is worth the $5? I'm a bit worried about the quality of the ports, and I'm leaning towards just using my money on a copy of VF4E instead.[/QUOTE]
Midway Arcade Traesures is worth the $5...I would have picked it up just for Root Beer Tapper, and there are 19 more games!

[quote name='crazynater']Ft. Wayne, IN Northcrest BB - "Is not a participating location"
Ft. Wayne, IN Apple Glen BB - Accepted it without question
Ft. Wayne, IN CC - $x.xx off Competitor coupons are not accepted[/QUOTE]I was thinking to going to the Best Buy at Apple Glen, because its closer to me and I know most of the employees there, since a lot of them went to my old high school. I was wondering if someone from Fort Wayne checked, because I was considering using the coupon to get "In The Groove", for PS2.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Anybody know if they will accept a black and white copy of the coupon? I don't have a color printer...[/QUOTE]

Could question. My copies aren't black and white, but you can tell the color is dwindling and I'm worried they'll start some shit. I need to get some new cartridges (not from BB though:D).

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']i can't get the coupon to appear on the mcdonalds psp promotion site[/QUOTE]

I had some trouble getting on McD's site as well, but all I did was clean temp files and cookies like I did a couple of times during the stackable TRU coupons, and it came up and just had my printer print out 6 of them.:D;)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']It's worth pointing out that VF4 is the Greatest Hits version, VF4 Evolution.

Anyone know if Midway is worth the $5? I'm a bit worried about the quality of the ports, and I'm leaning towards just using my money on a copy of VF4E instead.[/QUOTE]

They're both worth it. Just think of it as though you were getting both games for the price of one. I don't own VF4: Evolution yet, I own just the original classic version, but I really really want to and have been meaning to go to BB with one of the $5 off coupons (this one or the Black and white copy one) and get it for $5 for awhile.

Midway Arcade Treasures is great and definitely worth the $5. I paid $10 for it, but love it anyway. I've sat there sometimes and just played one game for hours trying to improve my score or get to the end like on games like Paperboy, Smash TV, etc. Some of the controls feel kind of wonky, but at $5, it's definitely worth it.

BBY Morse Rd #295 Columbus OH took it. The cashier told me that she had one early this morning and knew it was a McDon promo. She have to have a manager override the price, but I got Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and Hunter: The Reckoning for $4.99 each (1 transaction).

Thanx, and good luck!!

[quote name='crazynater']As of July 17th, the Mcdonalds coupons scan! It's a miracle![/QUOTE]

FINALLY! BB can't reject these like they do sometimes with PS2/PSP coupon (although I've never had any problems before).

So do you guys print out Color or B&W copies of this coupon?

[quote name='sabin23']FINALLY! BB can't reject these like they do sometimes with PS2/PSP coupon (although I've never had any problems before).

So do you guys print out Color or B&W copies of this coupon?[/QUOTE]

I've used the B&W copies a couple of times and had no problems.

I used the coupon at the Best Buy on the north side of town, and they accepted it for me. It also seemed to scan okay. I got In The Groove for $34.99.:)

What are some games I could get around $5-$10 before this coupon that I can still trade in to EBgames for Madden 2006?

Thanks OP (and everyone else) I used a B&W copy today and got XIII for free!!! The cashier looked at it funny at first, but then she asked me where to get it so she could get some too.....

Mine worked too. Printed from a B&W laser printer. No fuss, no muss. Neo Contra for 14.99+ Tax.

Printing out coupons at a fiendish rate now. 50 coupons in 50 days (not consecutively)...Who's in?

bread's done
Back