$5 Off Games at Hollywood Video - Some New Titles as low as $5

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I *think* this is nationwide, but there's a sale going on at HWV where new games are $5 off. I was just there and there were a number of $5 games ($10, with a $5 discount) in a little stand.

X360:
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Infinite Undiscovery
PS3:
Lair
Wii:
Samba de Amigo, and I think a couple other ones.

This is a bit confusing. You say there are $5 games at HWV yet you say they are $10 with $5 off. I assume you either meant $5 off Games at HWV OR the information in your post is incorrect.

I imagine he meant it was $5 off of $10 games. That's what i'm getting.

I imagine I won't find Infinite Undiscovery, but you never know.

Yea I could of sworn some of these games were around the 18.99 price point...but there could have been a recent drop.

I do know of a new deal that started Tuesday where if you by $30 worth of used games you will receive $5 off your next new game purchase...pretty much covering the pre-order price.

Allow me to clarify:
There is a deal going on at Hollywood video where-in all new games (or maybe it was only new games of a certain price range; I forget) are $5 off.
The above-listed games ring up for $10.
With the $5 discount, the above games will be $5 each.

The closest HWV to me are 20 miles one way. I'd definitely pick up Lego Batman and Infinite Undiscovery for $5 if they were closer. Samba, maybe.

[quote name='Ninja300x']???
Link[/QUOTE]

great job finding a link! I would say this would confirm it being pretty much nationwide....I don't think GameCrazy has this same deal. They are usually different.

too bad the HWV without a gamecrazy basically stopped selling new games ..andd barely has any used games (at least for the 360)

I recently purchased The Force Unleashed and Infinite Undiscovery, and I still have them sealed...looks like I'll be returning and re-buying on the spot!

Thanks OP for the free $10.

Worst thread title ever. I thought the awesome all used games uner $30 for $5 was on again. I think you could easily have just said $5 off some new games at HV or something.

[quote name='alexanderpink']Worst thread title ever. I thought the awesome all used games uner $30 for $5 was on again. I think you could easily have just said $5 off some new games at HV or something.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='alexanderpink']Worst thread title ever. I thought the awesome all used games uner $30 for $5 was on again. I think you could easily have just said $5 off some new games at HV or something.[/QUOTE]

No need to jump all over the guy. Your proposed thread title might be a bit clearer, but I can definitely think of a few thread titles worse than this one.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Interesting. Will add this to my HWV thread (if I can find it 40 pages down, you HWV hating CAGs).[/QUOTE]

The only time I'm in a HWV store is when they have a great sale going on that coincides with a GS tiered trade deal of some sort. Mind you, I don't see HWV having another $5 used game sale anytime soon, though they did have the $4 last gen sale around this time last year.

Unfortunately Gamestop stopped taking Xbox games, so there goes 1/3 of the games I could snag for flipping purposes.

Not a bad deal though, OP. I know my closest HWV had Infinite Undiscovery on the shelf the last time I was there. I could grab one copy(if the local store still has it)and either do it for cost+shipping+maybe a buck or two extra for my time or an older PS3 game, since there's certain ones I've wanted to grab.

I got Lego Batman PS3 for $5. It was in the glass case marked with a big ol' green HWV sticker $39.99 Asked the cashier to check the price. Oops, only $10! Wait, with $5 off... only $5. Yippee. Thanks OP!

hey anyone get this at gamecrazy or is it def hwv only?? could for lego batman until arkham goes down in price haha

[quote name='nightmare452']Yes, very unappreciated game. Quite fun.[/QUOTE]
This man lies and wants you to burn your money. :booty:

[quote name='Ninja300x']???
Link[/QUOTE]

Wait so you have to trade something in and spend at least $30? Or is this a different promo?

[quote name='ASLplease']$5 for Lair, worth it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TekJansen']Nope[/QUOTE]

Nope x2. I bought one at $8 from fry's. Even with the patch, it's a crappy game. Luckly I were able to sell it on ebay and got the whole $8 back.

HWV in Birmingham, AL had the games above ring up at $9.99 but no additional $5 off (no signs or this flyer either.) PS3 Lego Batman can be added to that. Both most were tagged at $14.99 so I'm guess that's the $5 off down to $10? They seemed to have no clue regardless. A bit of YMMV here. The flyer says select new games but not which ones.

[quote name='Izod517']HWV in Birmingham, AL had the games above ring up at $9.99 but no additional $5 off (no signs or this flyer either.) PS3 Lego Batman can be added to that. Both most were tagged at $14.99 so I'm guess that's the $5 off down to $10? They seemed to have no clue regardless. A bit of YMMV here.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, you just saved me a drive. $5 yes, $10 no thanks.

Can anyone confirm Infinite Undiscovery for $5? I feel like doing a Let's Play this weekend, and $5 would make a terrible game not as terrible.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']This man lies and wants you to burn your money. :booty:

Wait so you have to trade something in and spend at least $30? Or is this a different promo?[/QUOTE]
Eh. Lair is an ok game. It plays better if you download the update and use dual shock controls. It's not a stellar game by any means, but it is easily worth $5. Perhaps new and better dragon riding games will appear on the ps3 in the future, but for now, you might want to give Lair a try at that price.

This is a clusterfuck. Some say it worked, most say it didn't. While all the games shown in the flyer for this particular deal are at least $49.99, or higher.

[quote name='J7.']This is a clusterfuck. Some say it worked, most say it didn't. While all the games shown in the flyer for this particular deal are at least $49.99, or higher.[/QUOTE]

exactly, this deal gets TWO THUMBS DOWN just like i always give for HWV and GC!!!!!!!!!! LAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!

There is a bar code they scan just like the 29.99 used => 4.99 deal. My local store didn't know about it, but ironically the register girl hung the bar code sticker right on the register I was at...like 5 seconds after the games rang up for 9.99 ea. There was some confusion about the wording "select" games. But she read though the corporate deals for the week and found some note that said the sale is for ALL new games. You gotta ring them up one at a time though cause only one discount per transaction. I got infinite whatever and lego batman wii,360,ps3 all $5 ea...and oh yeah i had just traded x-blades for 18.00....score.

bread's done
Back