$5 off pre-owned product $9.99 or more when you convert your Game Informer to digital

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TabletGiveaway

* Coupon will be placed in your PowerUp Rewards Active Offers within 7-10 business days.

You also get entered to win a tablet - says they're giving away one every day.

Not sure if worth it, easier to read the print magazine on the toilet than with a laptop or a tablet IMO but just in case anyone was interested.

I wonder if you could get the coupon and then convert back LOL?

PS. Obviously you have to be a paid PUR member for this but you might also get this if you're a new customer and sign up straight to digital.

they dont automatically sign you up for digital - at least not universally - I renewed my plus, and GS rep switched me back to paper issue - not necessarily on purpose, he just didnt ask and that was apparently the default...

it took a month or two to get it switched back (i did it online)

[quote name='sayu']Why are you people throwing your magazines away right after reading them? Do your libraries not take them?

Such a waste. I lived off of 10 cent magazines in the pre-broadband days.[/QUOTE]

I usually keep mine for a while but that's a good suggestion - I never knew libraries take magazines. I will check with mine, I'd rather not throw them out if someone could use them.

[quote name='wasurenai']Not worth five bucks to give up my toilet reader.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that we CAG can really use it as toilet paper as well once the real thing runs out. The smooth glossy paper feels good... :lol:

[quote name='officerrickyross222']lol am i the only who likes the magazine ?[/QUOTE]
Probably. I don't have any problems specifically with the magazine. My problem is by the time something makes it in the magazine I've read that information half a dozen times on different websites weeks ago.

[quote name='Vap']I don't understand why GS will automatically sign you up for digital. They need to realize that some people are always on the computer at work and don't feel like looking at a damn screen again once they get home just to look at a magazine.[/QUOTE]

Each issue probably costs more than dollar to print and mail.

Back when there was lots of ad money for print ads, printing and mailing expenses were not an issue because the magazine made a ton of money from advertising. Nowadays, most of that print ad money has disappeared and I'm sure that GS is looking at ways to cut expenses. Likewise, recent changes to ABC paid circulation rules now allow electronic editions to count towards paid circulation data, so shifting folks from paper to electronic doesn't knock down their paid circulation numbers (a key number for ad rates). And some folks probably turned down the print magazine because they didn't expect to read it/thought is was waste of paper, but now those folks will likely be given electronic versions automatically, so the paid circ numbers go up from those additions. As result, Game Informer gets a bigger paid circulation number while printing fewer magazines, resulting in significant printing and postage savings. This is clearly evident given that Game Informer's paid circulation jumped a staggering 48% last year

Now GS has probably done the math and concluded that worth the hassle/ad rate hit to convert existing print subscribers to electronic to save money. While electronic editions circulation likely don't have the same value in advertisers minds as the print version, the odds are the printing and mailing savings massively outweigh the ad rate erosion caused by shift towards electronic versions on the limited number of ads Game Informer is getting nowadays.

[quote name='Buuhan1']My local GameStop didn't know a thing about this. Is it live? Not instore?[/QUOTE]

Read the OP again. It says you will receive a coupon on the powerup rewards site. You can then print that off and use it in store.

[quote name='Buuhan1']My local GameStop didn't know a thing about this. Is it live? Not instore?[/QUOTE]

Should work anywhere - it says you can sign up in store. I'd feel safer doing it online though, you'll have to link your account anyway and this way it's all handled by the website instead of relying on someone entering your info into the computer.

Add me to the list of people who like having the print copy. Scrolling through it with a mouse or smearing your finger on a tablet is just not the same as flipping through physical pages.

On the plus side, if the print version is completely discontinued, that means my collection of back issues will be worth... er... probably not that much since they deal with ancient games. :(

[quote name='PublikDefender']i never read @gamer or game informer. converted @gamer to digital so i can get my coupons faster. may as well leave game informer snail mail since there aren't any coupons in there.[/QUOTE]

How do you get your coupons when you have the digital mag? I didn't get mine in the mail last month even though I received the digital issue.

[quote name='K_G']Each issue probably costs more than dollar to print and mail.

...Now GS has probably done the math and concluded that worth the hassle/ad rate hit to convert existing print subscribers to electronic to save money. While electronic editions circulation likely don't have the same value in advertisers minds as the print version, the odds are the printing and mailing savings massively outweigh the ad rate erosion caused by shift towards electronic versions on the limited number of ads Game Informer is getting nowadays.[/QUOTE]

I must admit, I didn't expect such a response in this thread, haha :) +1

I would also like to add: It counts against an employees (maybe only stores) numbers if you sign up for print when you renew. The guy who renewed me was pissed I went with print and was on the phone with the dm talking about how they are only 50% for digital subscriptions.

[quote name='whoknows']I remember when this magazine was worth reading...

Eventually I realized there was something wrong with 90% of games reviewed getting a 9.25 though.[/QUOTE]

But keep in mind, if a game only eked out a 9, you knew it was crap

Still waiting for the coupon to show up in my Active Offers tab (signed up first day this thread appeared). Only have the B2G1 from renewing in there right now. Went thru the whole process (even flipped thru the current digital issue for the hell of it), so I'm pretty sure I completed the signup. Has anyone actually got the coupon yet?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Still waiting for the coupon to show up in my Active Offers tab (signed up first day this thread appeared). Only have the B2G1 from renewing in there right now. Went thru the whole process (even flipped thru the current digital issue for the hell of it), so I'm pretty sure I completed the signup. Has anyone actually got the coupon yet?[/QUOTE]
Mine has not shown either.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Still waiting for the coupon to show up in my Active Offers tab (signed up first day this thread appeared). Only have the B2G1 from renewing in there right now. Went thru the whole process (even flipped thru the current digital issue for the hell of it), so I'm pretty sure I completed the signup. Has anyone actually got the coupon yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jgressley']Mine has not shown either.[/QUOTE]

It says at the link that the coupon will show up in 7-10 business days.

how would this work, i have a kindle. how would i be able to receive the magazine. In my email and then it downloads or something?

I still like having the physical mag, too, and have been avoiding their attempts to prompt me to go digital. Even if the ink they use always smears a bit when I hold it, and every time I read it, I end up with light fingerprints on the cover and ink on my fingers and palm where I was holding the mag.

They will have to take the physical mag from my cold dead hands. I am just as pissed OXM gave up the Cds that used to come with it.

I still havent recieved the coupon yet but my membership expires in about 6 days, so I might not get it. Has anyone recieved a coupon that is in the middle of an active membership?

Bumping to remind folks that Monday, 8/13 is the last day to be eligible for the coupon and tablet sweepstakes when converting to digital.

Also, for those who have already done this, how long did it take for the coupon to show up in your Active Offers?

While I like the magazine just fine, my PUR is ending in October and I will not be renewing so this was a no-brainer.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jhferry']They will have to take the physical mag from my cold dead hands. I am just as pissed OXM gave up the Cds that used to come with it.[/QUOTE]

This. I refuse to take my Touchpad into the bathroom, and that's where most of my magazine reading happens.

And a measly $5 discount to save them a fortune in printing/mailing? Pretty insulting offer for anyone who took it, if you ask me.

Well I converted anyway. However I have yet to receive the coupon (it's been over 10 business days) - contacted customer service so we'll see how it goes.

Does this transfer work with Google play? I just tried the digital version of the mag through that service and came away impressed. Its way better than the standard digital browser based mag. I'd be tempted to switch if so.....

[quote name='jupiterjones']Well, it's been over a month, and still no coupon.

Did ANYBODY get the coupon in their offers yet?[/QUOTE]

I never got one, I even got a email from Game Informer stating that I switched.

Haven't received mine either and my subscription was switched over the middle of last month. Actually called customer service since I still haven't received my coupon or an update since receiving a generic e-mail reply to my inquiry almost a week ago. Was told they are having issues with the promo (obviously!) and was promised that I will receive my coupon. I'm not holding my breathe and I have the feeling I'll be making another customer service call next week.

[quote name='coldgears']I may be stupid... But what's the point of PUR if you don't even like/read gameinformer?[/QUOTE]

Uh points and 10% more trade in credit and 10% off used games.

[quote name='maynardsnow']Does this transfer work with Google play? I just tried the digital version of the mag through that service and came away impressed. Its way better than the standard digital browser based mag. I'd be tempted to switch if so.....[/QUOTE]

I *think* so.

When the digital sub arrives they send you a link to an Android app. It says it's for tablets and i only have a phone so I never bothered checking but I would guess it's the same one you saw.

[quote name='icp_00_111']Anybody receive there $5 coupon yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just literally about an hour ago.

I had to e-mail them and complain - that was about 2 weeks ago.

I finally got another e-mail today saying here's your coupon - all it is is an e-mail with a Gamestop code on it - they said too print it out and bring it to the store. We'll see if it works.

If you haven't received yours yet and the 10 business days has passed I would recommend contacting them by the e-mail listed on the powerup rewards site.

I just signed up last month due to get the bonuses I told them I wanted digital just because I didn't want another mag sub laying around the house got the coupon basically the next day

I just received an email today from Gamestop saying i switched to digital.

I never switched and would never give up paperback for a measly $5 bucks..

Is gamestop automatically switching people?

[quote name='doc_j88']I just received an email today from Gamestop saying i switched to digital.

I never switched and would never give up paperback for a measly $5 bucks..

Is gamestop automatically switching people?[/QUOTE]

Ha same here bro. I actually like having the magezine. If anything Ill get this promblem fixed when I goto the store and use the coupon they gave me.

bread's done
Back