$5 off pre-owned product $9.99 or more when you convert your Game Informer to digital

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TabletGiveaway

* Coupon will be placed in your PowerUp Rewards Active Offers within 7-10 business days.

You also get entered to win a tablet - says they're giving away one every day.

Not sure if worth it, easier to read the print magazine on the toilet than with a laptop or a tablet IMO but just in case anyone was interested.

I wonder if you could get the coupon and then convert back LOL?

PS. Obviously you have to be a paid PUR member for this but you might also get this if you're a new customer and sign up straight to digital.

Lol GameStop cannot compete with best buys gamers club. $5 off!? That's such a steal!!! Lol since I live 2 minutes away from their corporate office, I may just tee pee them with best buy gamers club ads

I just got this email because I signed up for it digitally last week. Got to say, I effing love it on my iPad! Looking now to add PopSci to my print subscription for $6/year because the digital is just so much more impressive.

[quote name='BladeZ']Digital version sucks, there is no app, it's a browser based viewer. I switched back to print.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is on iOS and Android. On iOS, it's in News Stand.

Just wanted to bump this a final time ... so I sent in a BBB complaint after being told by Gamestop Customer Service various equivalents of "no, go away".

Here is my complaint:
Problem
Nature of Complaint: Advertising Issues - A bait & switch advertisement Problem: On August 11th, 2012 I was made aware of a promotion by Gamestop, where its "power up rewards" members (of which I paid $15 to belong) were promised a $5 off coupon if we switched our Game Informer magazine subscription to digital from USPS physically mailed. Game Informer is a perk of being a power up rewards member. Here is the promotion page: https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TabletGiveaway I did this. Here is confirmation of me doing this: From: [email protected] To: xxxx Subject: We Have Received Your Request to Switch to Game Informer Digital Thank You! Your request to change your subscription to Game Informer Digital has been received. Please allow 1 business day to process your request and receive your first digital issue. It may take up to 2 issues for your print subscription to stop. Don't worry about this overlap, you won't be charged anything additional for these issues. If you do not receive your digital issue, please add [email protected] to your address book to ensure it is not getting caught in your email’s spam filter. For additional support, contact us at [email protected].

Desired Outcome
Desired Settlement: Refund Desired Outcome: I wish to have my Power Up Rewards membership fee of $14.99 refunded entirely as this is a classic bait and switch by Gamestop.

Today I heard back from Gamestop. They issued a $15 gift certificate I plan on stashing for black Friday.

Just wanted to share this on the off chance it could benefit a fellow CAG. Cheers!

[quote name='wynams']Just wanted to bump this a final time ... so I sent in a BBB complaint after being told by Gamestop Customer Service various equivalents of "no, go away".

Here is my complaint:
Problem
Nature of Complaint: Advertising Issues - A bait & switch advertisement Problem: On August 11th, 2012 I was made aware of a promotion by Gamestop, where its "power up rewards" members (of which I paid $15 to belong) were promised a $5 off coupon if we switched our Game Informer magazine subscription to digital from USPS physically mailed. Game Informer is a perk of being a power up rewards member. Here is the promotion page: https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TabletGiveaway I did this. Here is confirmation of me doing this: From: [email protected] To: xxxx Subject: We Have Received Your Request to Switch to Game Informer Digital Thank You! Your request to change your subscription to Game Informer Digital has been received. Please allow 1 business day to process your request and receive your first digital issue. It may take up to 2 issues for your print subscription to stop. Don't worry about this overlap, you won't be charged anything additional for these issues. If you do not receive your digital issue, please add [email protected] to your address book to ensure it is not getting caught in your email’s spam filter. For additional support, contact us at [email protected].

Desired Outcome
Desired Settlement: Refund Desired Outcome: I wish to have my Power Up Rewards membership fee of $14.99 refunded entirely as this is a classic bait and switch by Gamestop.

Today I heard back from Gamestop. They issued a $15 gift certificate I plan on stashing for black Friday.

Just wanted to share this on the off chance it could benefit a fellow CAG. Cheers![/QUOTE]
Sweet. I was print from the beginning, switched to digital upon PUR renewal (I did not ask to switch, but I didn't complain as it was less junk to recycle). Once I saw this promotion I switched back to print, waited until almost the end of this promotion and switched back to digital. I did not automatically get the $5 coupon, but after emailing them (a few times) they sent me a $5 off code.

bread's done
Back