5 or Stride gum

Good for you guy. Hmm.. just buy in bulk I'd say. Try Costco..always keep an eye on Walgreens or drug store coupons for B1G1 gum, etc.

[quote name='Martinmz']ya your not allowed but i make about 20 bucks a week[/quote]

What the fuck? You mean someone actually took the time to write out the rule, "Selling gum is strictly prohibited"? And how do you make $20 a week? A grocery store probably doesn't make $20 a week on gum. :lol:

Also, "Psst. I got some Hubbabubba. First chew is free" - Martinmz

I'd vote for Stride just because I like it.

Keep up the good work OP, reminds me of myself in middle school when I sold Warheads to make a nice sum when I was too young yet to work.

Stride is cheaper, but I find 5 to be much, much better. And our school cracked down on a couple guys that tried to sell gum in school. It didn't work so well for them.

I've recently just started chewing gum (don't know why I didn't before) and tried both Stride and Five. I love Mandarin Orange from Stride while Five on the other hand starts to feel like I'm chewing on rubber after about a minute. My advice is to stick with Stride.

[quote name='Maklershed']What the fuck? You mean someone actually took the time to write out the rule, "Selling gum is strictly prohibited"? And how do you make $20 a week? A grocery store probably doesn't make $20 a week on gum. :lol:

Also, "Psst. I got some Hubbabubba. First chew is free" - Martinmz[/quote]

Hell dude, I just got out of college and the year before, they pulled all the gum from all the stores on campus because these retarded high schoolers are showing up as freshmen and would pin gum to EVERYTHING. You had to find some place off campus selling gum and bring it with you.

In 4th grade I was selling candy on the low...

25 cents for a stick of gum, dollar for a candy bar, and a dollar for a can of soda

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...i was walking around with fat pockets!

Good money in it! I used to go to a dollar store once every other month and then sold it in school, the kids I didn't like I would charge more, once they bitched I went "I have the only supply, and you are demanding it...".

It's great money, I did it in 7th and 8th grade. Made a ton of money eight grade. At most 1 cent per candy and sold it for 10 cents on average. 25 cents for a piece of gum and people would buy that? That's some stupid school you go to.

I like Orbit personally, could get a good deal on it at BJ's Wholesale.

And yes it's against the school rules to sell anything, and it's against every school I know rules to have gum. Plus a store has to have a set price for the gun. I would make 500%+ profit on candy, the stores aren't making close to that, because there is a big supply outside of jail.

i like stride best but kids at my school like 5 lush but i think after half an hour its water
i like the candy idea

Go to sam's club and buy those 50 pack hershey fundraisers that go for $20. You get a profit of $30 for each box. Just don't get caught

[quote name='Martinmz']what kind of candy do you think i should get[/quote]

I used to buy some some hard candies with jelly in the center and Life Saver mints along with other stuff i can't remember.

The brands you supply should be up to your buyers. They all cost about the same now.

As for wholesale (Costco/Sam's), it's actually cheaper to buy multi-packs or single packs when they're on sale at Target/K-Mart/Walgreens than it is to buy bulk from Sam's (usually about 79-85cents/pack at Sam's vs 50-60cents/pack on sale).

Wanna make a fortune? Try this line:

"Wanna buy some gum? No? That's too bad, cause your breath stinks and that girl over there wants to talk to you..."

Good for you man.

Going through middle school, I sold all kind of contraband; Music tapes, movie CDs, Cigarrettes, Naked pics. made quite a good and comfortable living, until I got caught and suspended for a month. My dad was not too happy about it.

Back in my High School days I went to Sams Club and bought huge amounts of Airheads and Charms Blow Pops. I was bringing home 20 or so dollars in change a day.

Personal favorite = 5 Flare.

I tried 5 gum last week for the first time. The packaging is nice, but the gum itself isn't very good. It gets soft and mushy after chewing it for a short time. Stride is far superior.

Man this brings back memories. I used to sell gum in middle school in the early 80's. I would buy the multi packs of Freshen Up Gum at the local KMart for like $.10 per pack and then sell them for $.25 I made a few bucks a week or more for awhile. Not bad back in '82 when I was 12. This was back in the day before constant candy sale fundraisers at school.

LOL I have a friend who did this! Back in the day his big mover was lemonheads and tearjerkers or whatever the sour gumballs were called. He was rolling in dough when war heads came out lol pockets full of change. He'd buy a big jug at Sams and then sell um for a quarter each or blowpops for $.50 I think. He'd reinvest all his money and branch out into full size bars, sports team pencils or anything really that would be an easy sale. I remember going to his house and seeing his stock closet it was awesome for a young fella now that I think back on it. He had his shit together that way he always had constant supply even on weeks he wanted to spend his earnings on other things.

[quote name='Shady3011']I sold Pokemon cards in middle school.[/quote]

Same.

I was actually a pretty big collector, but started to get bored with the whole thing, and got out at the perfect time.

Sold off a ton of my rarer cards, and even sold three or four booster pack boxes before all was said and done. I'd say after all the cards I originally bought, I probably broke even with all the late selling I did.

gumballs_final_image.jpg

First one's free, kid... ;)

[quote name='justin37']5 gum is good for about 5 mins then it turns into the most disgusting mush imaginable[/quote]I disagree. I like Five Gum. Especially the blue one, whatever it's called. OP, the best prices I've found on Five or Stride would be at Kroger or Target when they have two-for sales.

[quote name='lawdood']Why does the green one in the middle have a nipple on it? :hot:[/quote]First one's free, kid...

[quote name='lawdood']Why does the green one in the middle have a nipple on it? :hot:[/QUOTE]

That's the first thing I noticed :lol:

And I personally prefer 5.

[quote name='whoknows']That's the first thing I noticed :lol:[/quote]You guys are all pervs. I never would have noticed or associated that with physical anatomy were it not for your comments.

Haha, this thread rules.

Still don't understand why kids would pay an inflated price for candy -- if they want candy, why wouldn't they just bring their own? I get the feeling they're only buying it because they're not supposed to.

[quote name='Koggit']Haha, this thread rules.

Still don't understand why kids would pay an inflated price for candy -- if they want candy, why wouldn't they just bring their own? I get the feeling they're only buying it because they're not supposed to.[/quote]

At my school many years ago it was a mixture of things. The candy sold during school proper and in vending machines was really limited and just as overpriced as any student selling. All you had to do was find a candy that people really wanted and just charge a premium.

Back then the "big" thing were Airheads. Lots of profit in those, too. Most of those you would pay less than a nickel per bar and could easily sell for 50 cents a go. Most students made a solid $15 a day, at least until the school caught on and started selling them, too.

[quote name='guinaevere']You guys are all pervs. I never would have noticed or associated that with physical anatomy were it not for your comments.[/QUOTE]

I think you noticed, but then tried to un-notice it :p

First one's free, kid.

I did a google image search. Of the thumbnails on the first page, this was the most colorful, I just c&p the image location without seeing the fullsize pic. But I *still* wouldn't have noticed. O:)

bread's done
Back