$50 GameCube Trade-In EBGS

Blaine

CAGiversary!
I'd like to have someone confirm this for me, but as I stopped by to put $5 on Card Fighter's Clash for the DS, I was told that the GameCube trade in value was increased from $25 to $30 as well there's an additional $20 trade-in promotion running until November 5th, bringing the grand total to $50.

*confirmed by cags*

fat PS2 trade in: 45 + 20 = $65
gamecube trade in: 30 + 20 = $50
dead rising (towards wii TP) = 25 + 30% = $32.50
other console accesories + 10%
total credit = $112.79

[quote name='mannam23']You were able to trade it in without a controller?[/quote]

No, the deal and general trade-ins state that when a system is traded in, it must have a controller, A/V cable & power cord. They won't take them if one of those are missing.

I didn't believe it, but I listed my Player at about 11am for 55.99. Just got an email saying it sold on Amazon. Wow. Taking my Cube in tonight.

i havent played my cube in over a year and a half, i think i will have to do this trade in. I never trade anything into gs, EVER

Is putting something on Amazon better than Ebay, or just in the case of the Gameboy Player? Do you guys recommend Amazon over Ebay when selling generally?

I can't believe I didn't trade in my GC yet. I want to trade in my xbox but it is fried. I know it turns on but it doesn't work otherwise. I guess it wont hurt to try and trade it in. Do they give you credit or cash? I just skimmed through all the pages and didn't see an answer.

[quote name='Gamehead']I can't believe I didn't trade in my GC yet. I want to trade in my xbox but it is fried. I know it turns on but it doesn't work otherwise. I guess it wont hurt to try and trade it in. Do they give you credit or cash? I just skimmed through all the pages and didn't see an answer.[/QUOTE]
Store Credit.

[quote name='Poolking99']Is putting something on Amazon better than Ebay, or just in the case of the Gameboy Player? Do you guys recommend Amazon over Ebay when selling generally?[/quote]
I'll tell you in about 80 minutes. My Ebay auction for it is almost over and it's at $42.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gamecube-Gameboy-Player-RARE_W0QQitemZ270043243693QQihZ017QQcategoryZ20389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If it goes over $50 I'd say Ebay if it doesn't go over $50 I'd say Amazon it. But I think Amazon charges you a bigger fee than Ebay.

[quote name='JaysonR']so yeah, does the 30% coupon from GI stack with this promotion?[/quote]

I'm interested in knowing this too. Anyone try it yet?

Eh to the person asking should they do Ebay or Amazon mine sold for $47 on Ebay and I had cheap shipping compared to other auctions I saw. You may just want to sell it on Amazon if it's selling for $50 instantly. (Although how much were they charging for shipping? You could take a loss on that if it's too cheap.)

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm interested in knowing this too. Anyone try it yet?[/quote]

I did this deal with my xbox last night and got $65. They didn't even stack it with the Edge card, so I'd say the coupon is out.

[quote name='Gojtron']I didn't believe it, but I listed my Player at about 11am for 55.99. Just got an email saying it sold on Amazon. Wow. Taking my Cube in tonight.[/QUOTE]
How much does Amazon charge for seller's fees?

[quote name='Gojtron']I didn't believe it, but I listed my Player at about 11am for 55.99. Just got an email saying it sold on Amazon. Wow. Taking my Cube in tonight.[/quote]

Seconded on question above and how much did you charge for shipping? Mine was to Canada $47 +$10 shipping minus about $2.30 for Ebay and then there will be a Paypal fee when the person pays me. So After shipping my profit will be around $45-47.

[quote name='BIG5']How much does Amazon charge for seller's fees?[/quote]

Equivalent to what you would pay eBay/PayPal in listing fees and PayPal transaction fees.

I use both and I wouldn't say one has a definite price advantage over the other (unless eBay is running a promotion). It's either pay up front and after (eBay/PayPal) or pay all the fees once it does sell (Amazon or half.com).

Edit: I forgot one key difference. Amazon gives you a shipping credit when you sell an item. When you list something, it will tell you how much cash you will get minus all the fees and plus the shipping credit.

Here's some more detailed info on selling on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161238

The moment a buyer purchases your item, Amazon.com collects a variable closing fee, a $0.99 per-transaction fee, plus a percentage of the sales price:
Computers = 6 percent
Camera & Photo and Electronics items = 8 percent
Items in the Everything Else Store = 10 percent
All other product lines = 15 percent
The rest is credited to your account. Every two weeks we disburse the funds in your account to your checking account.

Does anyone know the difference in value of this extra $20 for any console vs. the deal where an XBox can be traded in for $80 toward the purchase of an XBox 360? Basically, what is the normal trade-in value for an XBox?

[quote name='uScGoo']Does anyone know the difference in value of this extra $20 for any console vs. the deal where an XBox can be traded in for $80 toward the purchase of an XBox 360? Basically, what is the normal trade-in value for an XBox?[/quote]

Judging from jlindahl's post, it's $45 before the extra $20. So if you were going to trade it towards a 360, it'd be better to go with the 360 deal than the extra $20(get $15 more knocked off the price).

[quote name='pop311']does the controller have to be 1st party?[/QUOTE]

Spoke to the GameStop near me and the employee stated that the controller has to be a regular 1st party controller and wired (no wireless controllers). So, for example, you can trade in your black gamecube with a purple 1st party controller.

I also sold my GB player on ebay, a while ago for I believe $38 plus shipping to a Canadian. My Gamecube now has a void on the bottom of it where originally there is a covering, which I removed to put on the GB player. Will they consider my Gamecube broken?

[quote name='Moses144']I also sold my GB player on ebay, a while ago for I believe $38 plus shipping to a Canadian. My Gamecube now has a void on the bottom of it where originally there is a covering, which I removed to put on the GB player. Will they consider my Gamecube broken?[/QUOTE]
they took mine last night without the port cover, but i'd say ymmv because the guy seemed new.

I did the deed with one of my GCNs. It was my launch purple, or indigo, one. Good memories...but this trade-in deal is as good as it will ever be.

Edit:YMMV, I was able to trade in my one 3rd party wired controller...and I was able to keep my 1st party stuff and Wavebirds for my Wii.

[quote name='bmOptimus']Spoke to the GameStop near me and the employee stated that the controller has to be a regular 1st party controller and wired (no wireless controllers). So, for example, you can trade in your black gamecube with a purple 1st party controller.[/quote]

This is very YMMV. I went to store_01 and the lady didn't accept my GC with a pelican wired controller because her store manager would throw a shit fit. So, she called down to another store down the street and the store manager there said she didn't care and it was ok. So I drove 10 minutes down the street and traded it in there.

So the moral of the story is to call first! :bomb:

Edit: FYI, the controller was black and the system was platinum.

[quote name='Moses144']I also sold my GB player on ebay, a while ago for I believe $38 plus shipping to a Canadian. My Gamecube now has a void on the bottom of it where originally there is a covering, which I removed to put on the GB player. Will they consider my Gamecube broken?[/quote]

Huh? I didn't think there was a covering that was taken off for the GB Player was there? But I had mine for years so maybe I couldn't remember. But regardless, they didn't even mention it when I traded in my GC at Gamestop.

Yeah, there are two ports on the bottom of the Gamecube, and both are covered. It should look like a "cube", there aren't any exposed or missing pieces.

ok wtf. I just came from an ebgames and the 2#$@ idiot first rang me up without any type of discount for my gamecube. It was $25. Then i pointed out trade in deal and he was like oh, but didn't know how to do it. He asked the guy beside him and that uber #@$# idiot told him that the extra $20 for trade in was only if you reserved a game like gears of war. OK This is my first "mentally challenged" ebgames situation. I am thinking about going back and showing them a printout from the website. I need opinions of what to do quick. I wanna get back there before it closes.

Edited:My typing was awful.

[quote name='theeipi']I got the extra $20, but base price was only $25[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that the crazy number of GCNs that they have gotten at the $30 price point pushed their profit numbers down, so $25 is where it is at now. That is crazy. I'm surprised that they are even offering that much with the bonus. I think that in the coming months, I'll probably go back and buy a GCN on the cheap....I'll probably buy my same machine back when they clearance these suckers out.

Well it WAS only $25 a few weeks ago (3 or 4 maybe), but they pushed it up to $30 around the time this deal started so I guess they are back down.

[quote name='Gamehead']Has anyone besides me had to deal with eb employees that were clueless and didn't know their own trade-in deals?[/QUOTE]

But of course! The employee at my store predictably had no idea what I was talking about. I had to point to the giant sign hanging from the ceiling over his head before he believed me about the extra $20.

[quote name='xeex']But of course! The employee at my store predictably had no idea what I was talking about. I had to point to the giant sign hanging from the ceiling over his head before he believed me about the extra $20.[/QUOTE]

I said the exact same thing but I was told that it would only work if reserved a game like GOW.

Yeah I only got $25 as well, my employee looked at the big sign above his head first so I guess he was a little smarter than the others (but still had to look).

i just got $72 dollars for my ps2! 40+20+20% for trading towards GoW. The bitch behind the counter was trying to give me 5 off plus the edge card instead of the $20 bonus.. i should report her. They didnt have the sign up in that store and she is the manager im pretty sure. I wonder how many people she scammed for extra commission not knowing the real deal.

That sounds like BS about the extra $20 only being applicable if you pre-order a game. I got $70 for my slim PS2 yesterday with no mention of having to pre-order something.

I got my credit on an Edge card to put towards a Wii, was going to trade in my GC but $45 ain't that much. Still beats the hassle of Ebaying I suppose.

yeah mine wasnt a slim. i didnt have to preorder anything for the $20 bonus just for the extra 20%

One of my GSs up here didn't take my gamecube because of the covers on the bottom were missing. I am probably going to try the other GS today or tomorrow. They were quite rude with the whole thing. This was at the Diamond Center in Anchorage, AK. It could just be a YMMV thing.

Yeah. It almost happened again to me at another ebgames. It seems like the employees only know about the 20% trade in deal and not the extra $20 one even though there are signs in the store. Oh well it is a good thing that I had a printout of the deal from the website. When I left the guy asked to keep it.

[quote name='Gamehead']ok wtf. I just came from an ebgames and the 2#$@ idiot first rang me up without any type of discount for my gamecube. It was $25. Then i pointed out trade in deal and he was like oh, but didn't know how to do it. He asked the guy beside him and that uber #@$# idiot told him that the extra $20 for trade in was only if you reserved a game like gears of war. OK This is my first "mentally challenged" ebgames situation. I am thinking about going back and showing them a printout from the website. I need opinions of what to do quick. I wanna get back there before it closes.

Edited:My typing was awful.[/QUOTE]

Just go print it out and show them, they are wrong, maybe you can get the manager, there to show them how imcompetent those retards are.

I think I'm goin to have to trade-in my PS2, and Xbox. I never play them anymore.

[quote name='yoda82']One of my GSs up here didn't take my gamecube because of the covers on the bottom were missing. [/quote]

They didn't take it cause it wasn't complete. It's much like a GBA without battery cover or N64 w/ a missing expansion port cover, stores don't take it cause it doesn't have everything.

Guys I just walked into my EB today, I don't know if these are Memphis CAGs or just saw ads for it, but I saw at least 20+ GC's on the stores shelves...

So, if your store has too many already, don't come to Memphis

[quote name='MetalBuu']Wait, so, does either the +20% that they're running, or the +30% GI coupon work for this?[/quote]

20% if you don't have the coupon, the stores have "power trade" deal like the GI coupon but they're only offering 20% instead of 30%.

bread's done
Back