50% off all ps1 games at FYE/Coconuts.

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
I was at my fye in brooklyn (georgetown area to be exact) and I noticed all the ps1 games were 50% off. I picked up DDR Konamix for 8.13, oddly it was 27.99 so Im guessing this sale could be 50% to 75% off. My fye takes ps1 games and puts 3 of them together in shrinkwrap calling it a amazing sales deal, some looked like they came that way but others looked like they were assembled such as the pack with MM Legends, Soul Reaver and a Bust a Move (if I didnt have them already I would have got it). Those 3 packs were 14.99 so im guessing about 8 bucks for 3 games as well if they are in a pack.

[quote name='Josef']It should actually be $15 now. The sticker may have said $50 but the actual price was $29.99.

I picked up a new Trap Gunner for $7.50 (or $6.75 after Club FYE discount).

I also picked up a three pack that included Board Game Top Shop, and Card Games Fun Pack for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Whats this club FYE thing? I've never heard of it.

[quote name='hutno']Whats this club FYE thing? I've never heard of it.[/QUOTE]

Club FYE is this promotion they had been running in the Philadelphia area FYE's. You basically get 10% off all purchases for a year when you pay $25 to join. I was "forced" to join when the manager at the FYE gave me new credit for sealed games I was trading in without a receipt which I had intended to trade in as preowned. He basically "encouraged me" to pick it up since he was letting me trade them in as new.

Apparently, they are no longer letting new people sign up for the promotion now. The manager thinks it may be because FYE may start a national promotion.

[quote name='Josef']I also picked up a three pack that included Board Game Top Shop, and Card Games Fun Pack for $7.50.[/QUOTE]

I saw a bundle with board game top shop in it. Someone else mentioned that game on the boards once, but didn't know much about it. Is it worth it?

[quote name='geepgal']I saw a bundle with board game top shop in it. Someone else mentioned that game on the boards once, but didn't know much about it. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet but from what I've read it seems like a fun puzzler.

[quote name='knight19']Couldn't find anything at two nearby FYE locations - anyone score an extra Arc the Lad Collection?[/QUOTE]

If they did, they wont let it got for what they paid.

saw a few new titles (mostly singles inside of three packs) that intrigued me, but don't know if any are worth it.

new Tomb Raider (I think greatest hit) and two other random ones

new Mega Man X4 (sealed, not GH) and two other titles

both looked to be 15$ before, or 7.50$ after discount for the three packs. also, a soul blade three pack.

any of those i should pick up with my credit?

~stew

I don't think it's ending anytime soon. It was going on when I was at this mall around 2 months ago. They probably want to get rid of all the PS1 games.

[quote name='The VGM']If they did, they wont let it got for what they paid.[/QUOTE]

That's fine - I'd pay extra to reimburse for time/gas/whatever else ;)

[quote name='knight19']That's fine - I'd pay extra to reimburse for time/gas/whatever else ;)[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be much better than ebay prices.

I saw a copy of FF Origins at an FYE here for $20, which I was hesitant to buy. But for $10? I'll take it!

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Well - I went to an FYE today and nothing worth mentioning >_>
I'll be going to a Coconuts tomorrow- and I'm hoping to find some gold ^_^[/QUOTE]

A fellow Kid Radd fan! :D

[quote name='The VGM']If I found Lunar I'd keep it. ;) And aren't the Lunar games worth more?[/QUOTE]

I thought they were worth about the same...

oh well, can't blame a girl for trying... can you?

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I thought they were worth about the same...

oh well, can't blame a girl for trying... can you?[/QUOTE]

I could try ;).

D'oh! Seems one of my local-but-not-conveniently-close-by FYE's may have realized PS1 stuff was selling oddly well, so the put the three-packs "On-Sale" for $12.99. This became a problem because the clerk noted that the 50% off sale excludes sale items. Talk about screwed. And I was hoping for some cheap Qix Neo action. The other two clerks in the store seemed busy doing nothing, so I didn't bother trying it out with them to see if they'd let it through.

Fortunately this store had WarioWare Twisted so I could get it using credit. I spent a mindnumbing amount of time finding a worthwhile filler item to push the total up by one cent or more. I didn't think a CD opener or wipe-clothes were worth a dollar, so I just settled on a tin of mints. Oh, why couldn't there be cheaper candy like at my closer store?

you don't always need to buy something extra if it's $29.99 to get the $10 coupon. Last time they had the deal, I bought Yoshi's Touch and Go for the DS which was also $29.99. I asked the manager if that qualified and she said for her it was ok (meaning that she would allow it when I came back to redeem the coupon, if she was there but YMMV for other employees), but I guess it's better to be on the safe side and spend the extra $1 to get over $30.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']you don't always need to buy something extra if it's $29.99 to get the $10 coupon. Last time they had the deal, I bought Yoshi's Touch and Go for the DS which was also $29.99. I asked the manager if that qualified and she said for her it was ok (meaning that she would allow it when I came back to redeem the coupon, if she was there but YMMV for other employees), but I guess it's better to be on the safe side and spend the extra $1 to get over $30.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I asked my rather cynical-looking clerk if my $29.99 purchase would qualify and he said I'd still need to at least get something cheap. But what's cheap at an FYE?! ;)

That's true, I think the only worthwhile cheap thing is a 2 pack of CD-R's for $0.99 (which of course isn't a great deal itself but a usefull filler)

[quote name='dafunkk12']D'oh! Seems one of my local-but-not-conveniently-close-by FYE's may have realized PS1 stuff was selling oddly well, so the put the three-packs "On-Sale" for $12.99. This became a problem because the clerk noted that the 50% off sale excludes sale items. Talk about screwed. And I was hoping for some cheap Qix Neo action. The other two clerks in the store seemed busy doing nothing, so I didn't bother trying it out with them to see if they'd let it through.[/QUOTE]

Try EB. Got Qix Neo there used (but really new) for $3 or $4 a while ago.

[quote name='elprincipe']Try EB. Got Qix Neo there used (but really new) for $3 or $4 a while ago.[/QUOTE]
I was going to get it today, but it was marked $8.99 preowned. But now that you say you got it cheaper, I'll probably go back and see if it rings up lower in the computer. Thanks for the heads up!

I went to the FYE in Slidell, LA...and they had nothing good, except for a three pack that included two copies of MMX4.

Why do they do that?

I got:

RE Director's Cut (GH)
Fear Effect 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (GH) My copy was disc only and pretty beat
and The Bouncer soundtrack. It was in the PSOne section and 50% off.

Yesterday a Wherehouse I got:

FF IX (non-GH) $10
KoF '99 $2.50

The KoF was listed at $10. When the clerk rang it up we were both surprised that it rang up for $2.50.

Ok I just went to my local FYE and they had ff origins and kof 99 and they were stickered at $20 each. I went to the cashier and the total was $44. I asked about the 50% off psone games and she stated that is only on certain yellow stickered games, wtf. She she b-s-ing or is she correct?

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok I just went to my local FYE and they had ff origins and kof 99 and they were stickered at $20 each. I went to the cashier and the total was $44. I asked about the 50% off psone games and she stated that is only on certain yellow stickered games, wtf. She she b-s-ing or is she correct?[/QUOTE]
Kinda sounds like it to me. At mine, nothing was marked, everything was just in a big bin with a "50% off" sign.

bread's done
Back