$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
The consoles that were bidded up that high probably aren't going to be sold. I've been monitoring the Ebay consoles for the past few days and a new user with 0 feedback is bidding most systems very high, probably with no intent to pay.
I had this experience after selling an xbox one on ebay. First time selling anything on ebay in a while since the fees had gotten so out of control. When I had quite a few of these zero feedback users bid, most of the accounts had just been created within days. After researching it a little it seems like this has been a problem on the site for a bit and still is. You really have no choice but to state all new users(and define new user) must email before making a bid or it will be cancelled. Even still, I had to cancel a few bids as they ignored this warning and some of the same users rebid again. Just had to block them. Really bad thing especially if one of them won your auction and didnt pay then you have to relist and lose money as your item value goes down.

Hey I had a question for guys about the $100 trade-in deal. Hopefully someone out there has taken advantage of the trade-in offer. Microsoft support is useless, tried call and chat and was amazed they were that clueless! I didn't know what the chat guy was saying, it didn't make any sense! I didn't know MS support was that bad now, it's been a while... 

If you take a console to trade-in at a local store, do they give you a voucher for $100 off a bundle? Or do you need to purchase the Xbox one right then? 

The reason I ask is I want the Overdrive bundle, but it's always out of stock. I don't mind waiting and if it's a voucher, that would be cool since I could just check stock and order it when it's back in stock.

Thanks and happy hunting on Black Friday!

Hey I had a question for guys about the $100 trade-in deal. Hopefully someone out there has taken advantage of the trade-in offer. Microsoft support is useless, tried call and chat and was amazed they were that clueless! I didn't know what the chat guy was saying, it didn't make any sense! I didn't know MS support was that bad now, it's been a while...

If you take a console to trade-in at a local store, do they give you a voucher for $100 off a bundle? Or do you need to purchase the Xbox one right then?

The reason I ask is I want the Overdrive bundle, but it's always out of stock. I don't mind waiting and if it's a voucher, that would be cool since I could just check stock and order it when it's back in stock.

Thanks and happy hunting on Black Friday!
I bought the COD bundle and they wouldn't let me trade it in ahead of time. Even to pre-order the bundle. The trade in had to be done at the same purchase as when buying the system. I think some people in the past had gotten a voucher. But from what I have read in this thread more recently is that in store trade in has to be done during purchase.

I bought the COD bundle and they wouldn't let me trade it in ahead of time. Even to pre-order the bundle. The trade in had to be done at the same purchase as when buying the system. I think some people in the past had gotten a voucher. But from what I have read in this thread more recently is that in store trade in has to be done during purchase.
No.

Damn, thats awesome.

Not sure if it was worth to deal with returning / rebuying and getting another movers coupon though. Ill just pay 35 on BF somewhere.

Thats awesome it worked for people though, I wish I had been able to just wait and get the SSO bundle, but obviously I had to jump while I could.
Yeah, I asked about the Sunset Overdrive bundle - they were long gone by the time I got there at about 1:30pm. Not that I wanted one, I needed the Kinect (my wife loves Beachbody workouts, so XBox Fitness was a good way to get her buy in on a new console as a family gift for Christmas) and the Assassin's Creed bundle was the best way to get a Kinect. I like the AC games, and always wanted to give Black Flag a shot (since I have heard good things) so it was a good option.

I'm probably going to pick up Shadow of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen for me and Lego Batman 3 for the kids on top of already having "bought" the games for the past few months that were Games with Gold for the XBOne. Sunset Overdrive does look fun, but I'll wait for a good sale.

The overdrive bundles are gone forever it seems, while a few walmarts still may have them in stock pretty much all cleaned out of best buy, microsoft stores, microsoft online, target, gamestop, etc.  There will be no restocks at least in 2014.  The only unknown now is whether Best Buy has a big cache of them hidden away for a Black Friday doorbuster, but that seems unrealistic.

Re: trade in, if you do it online its good for online purchase only, you get a code that is usable only online.  If you do it in store you get a $100 microsoft store gift card.  Some will let you just walk away with the GC, some will insist you buy a new xbox one there and then before they start the trade in.  Guess it just depends on how cute you are.

There are so many freaking xbox one deals its insane, the target and meijer (if you have one) black friday deals seem insane.  Target is AC Unity bundle for $329 with a $50 target GC.

The overdrive bundles are gone forever it seems, while a few walmarts still may have them in stock pretty much all cleaned out of best buy, microsoft stores, microsoft online, target, gamestop, etc. There will be no restocks at least in 2014. The only unknown now is whether Best Buy has a big cache of them hidden away for a Black Friday doorbuster, but that seems unrealistic.

Re: trade in, if you do it online its good for online purchase only, you get a code that is usable only online. If you do it in store you get a $100 microsoft store gift card. Some will let you just walk away with the GC, some will insist you buy a new xbox one there and then before they start the trade in. Guess it just depends on how cute you are.

There are so many freaking xbox one deals its insane, the target and meijer (if you have one) black friday deals seem insane. Target is AC Unity bundle for $329 with a $50 target GC.
So you've spoken to the Xbox team at MS and they told you it won't? Because if you haven't, which I can guarantee, then you have no way of knowing that. It is completely realistic that companies like Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop have held back stock just for BF.

So you've spoken to the Xbox team at MS and they told you it won't? Because if you haven't, which I can guarantee, then you have no way of knowing that. It is completely realistic that companies like Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop have held back stock just for BF.
Major Nelson said they were going to be very limited and Major Nelson never lies!

They aren't holding any stock for BF otherwise I'm sure you would see it in the BF ads which has only shown AC unity.

So I would believe Major nelson here.

I spoke with a gamestop employee (store manager) that said as of yesterday (Sunday) that he could order them online for shipping to customers home and that at least his store would be getting another shipment of a few units at some time in the next 1-2 weeks. He did mention it was a limited run though----and wouldn't be around for holiday shopping.

That being said I would assume we'll see another white unit in some shape or form

Edit: And just to be clear--I think MS did the white console right... it is really sharp looking

I spoke with a gamestop employee (store manager) that said as of yesterday (Sunday) that he could order them online for shipping to customers home and that at least his store would be getting another shipment of a few units at some time in the next 1-2 weeks. He did mention it was a limited run though----and wouldn't be around for holiday shopping.

That being said I would assume we'll see another white unit in some shape or form

Edit: And just to be clear--I think MS did the white console right... it is really sharp looking
I agree, I have it sitting next to my black Wii U and black PS4. The Xbox One in white really stands out and looks very nice on my entertainment system.

Re: about sso bundle. I got a call from best buy about my preordered (yes preordered) bundle that they never held for me. They told me they will not be getting any more of the sso bundles and offered me the assassins creed bundle with a physical copy of sunset overdrive.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I'm leaning towards cancelling since I just got the ac bundle yesterday with a pm at target. Hopefully all my money gets refunded. Used certs, three different gift cards, movers coupon, and cash.

Anybody who got an AC Unity bundle play the game yet?  The review embargo is up till noon ET today which is just wrong.  Definitely makes me think the game is trash but I guess I will know in a few hours.  Dragon Age on the other hand is looking great.

Can someone explain the free xbox live promo at best buy ?  I didn't see anything in the best buy ad on sunday.  I did get them to honor the $349 assasins creed kinect bundle ad mistake.  Unfortunately I didn't have my xbox 360 traded in yet and I was up north so I have to trade that in and see if they will let me apply that to my transaction.

If this is true, then maybe what one GS employee told me is true - they said they havea shipment coming in soon, but they couldn't say when.

Can someone explain the free xbox live promo at best buy ? I didn't see anything in the best buy ad on sunday. I did get them to honor the $349 assasins creed kinect bundle ad mistake. Unfortunately I didn't have my xbox 360 traded in yet and I was up north so I have to trade that in and see if they will let me apply that to my transaction.
I recall reading that Xbox Live promo was limited to certain stores.

Anybody who got an AC Unity bundle play the game yet? The review embargo is up till noon ET today which is just wrong. Definitely makes me think the game is trash but I guess I will know in a few hours. Dragon Age on the other hand is looking great.
it is trash, the whole walkthrough video is already up on youtube

The overdrive bundles are gone forever it seems, while a few walmarts still may have them in stock pretty much all cleaned out of best buy, microsoft stores, microsoft online, target, gamestop, etc. There will be no restocks at least in 2014. The only unknown now is whether Best Buy has a big cache of them hidden away for a Black Friday doorbuster, but that seems unrealistic.

Re: trade in, if you do it online its good for online purchase only, you get a code that is usable only online. If you do it in store you get a $100 microsoft store gift card. Some will let you just walk away with the GC, some will insist you buy a new xbox one there and then before they start the trade in. Guess it just depends on how cute you are.

There are so many freaking xbox one deals its insane, the target and meijer (if you have one) black friday deals seem insane. Target is AC Unity bundle for $329 with a $50 target GC.
Thanks for info! I'll check with my local store periodically and hopefully time it right sometime during the holidays for a Overdrive bundle!

Eh I'm still pretty excited for it. It seems like the weakest element in all of the reviews are the characters/story and I've never found those two elements to be interesting in the other games for the series.

Eh I'm still pretty excited for it. It seems like the weakest element in all of the reviews are the characters/story and I've never found those two elements to be interesting in the other games for the series.
Actually, no top of that its a lot of frame rate issues that cripple the game. Esp in areas where there aren't a big crowd. Lot of other issues that the game has always had have not been fixed either.

it is trash, the whole walkthrough video is already up on youtube
Funny thing is I hear that AC: Rogue is actually quite good on the last gen consoles. I have lost interest in AC as a whole though, I bought AC4 with my PS4 last year and barely played it. It just never pulled me in, despite the game being one of the better games in the series. AC 2 was fantastic and easily my favorite in the series and every game since then has been a step backwards or in a direction I didn't care much for. I thought the ship stuff in AC4 was pretty boring.

Funny thing is I hear that AC: Rogue is actually quite good on the last gen consoles. I have lost interest in AC as a whole though, I bought AC4 with my PS4 last year and barely played it. It just never pulled me in, despite the game being one of the better games in the series. AC 2 was fantastic and easily my favorite in the series and every game since then has been a step backwards or in a direction I didn't care much for. I thought the ship stuff in AC4 was pretty boring.
ac rogue is not much better, especially if you have already played assassin black flag. it felt like an expansion pack. the story is not much to write about. basically an cash grab by ubi$oft to play both fields for current gen and past gen players. Ubi$oft is becoming the next EA. i actually EA has become a better company in recent years

ac rogue is not much better, especially if you have already played assassin black flag. it felt like an expansion pack. the story is not much to write about. basically an cash grab by ubi$oft to play both fields for current gen and past gen players. Ubi$oft is becoming the next EA. i actually EA has become a better company in recent years
EA was on the right track until the debacle that became Battlefield 4.

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, but there's too many pages for me to go through. I've been seriously considering getting an X1 lately. Is 500 GB sufficient? I wouldn't plan on going all digital, but it sounds like a lot of games have large mandatory updates anyway?

From what I can see, the only 1TB hard drive is the AW bundle. Thanks for the help guys.

Best Buy has really changed, they were more than willing to do a return/rebuy after I sold them my old ps3 on the $350 AC Kinect bundle misprice they had.  Now I just need to sell Assassins Creed and get Sunset Overdrive.

Any deals for the AW bundle? I get the feeling I should buy it in newegg now before it is gone and just be happy wih the savings.

Managed to get a Xbox one AC bundle for 215 after tax. Traded in a 360 and one controller a few days back during the holiday shopping event.. The free 12 month xbox live also made this a steal.

Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of these A.C. games

Managed to get a Xbox one AC bundle for 215 after tax. Traded in a 360 and one controller a few days back during the holiday shopping event.. The free 12 month xbox live also made this a steal.

Now I gotta figure out how to get rid of these A.C. games
I sold them for $35 in the FS/T board.

I would just get the ac unity bundle as you can always get a external hdd at some point if needed and they keep getting cheaper every year too.

I'm loving Halo but man does it have bugs and issues. I can't imagine how deflating it is for people who bought Xbox One's just to play Halo then have to wait an hour on the install and then even longer on the update. 

I have friends who bought a PS4 for Destiny and Xbox One for Halo. Many of them feared at first they'd bought the PS4 too early in September but once they had to install an Xbox One game they all immediately said they were happy they went PS4 first and didn't go XB1 only for a while. 

I own both but man that first install wait is terrible. 

I'm loving Halo but man does it have bugs and issues. I can't imagine how deflating it is for people who bought Xbox One's just to play Halo then have to wait an hour on the install and then even longer on the update.

I have friends who bought a PS4 for Destiny and Xbox One for Halo. Many of them feared at first they'd bought the PS4 too early in September but once they had to install an Xbox One game they all immediately said they were happy they went PS4 first and didn't go XB1 only for a while.

I own both but man that first install wait is terrible.
My first install experience on Xbox One was horrible. I entered my SO code and the game began to download. At 47% it stopped and said the game was ready. I was hesitant, but assumed maybe the rest of the game would download after I started it. Started the game, it gave me an "Installing" message on the game menu. I waited an hour, and it was still installing. Came back 4 hours later, still installing! I figured at this point, something must be wrong. I rebooted the Xbox, selected the game, it started and I got to play.

Between the long install times and the broken mess that Halo has launched as I can't imagine Microsoft is making a good impression on new Xbox One owners.
No kidding. Went to a friend's house to play Halo 1 multiplayer on it and after the two hour 60gb install and the three hour matchmaking purgatory I got in about one deathmatch on Hang 'Em High.

Between the long install times and the broken mess that Halo has launched as I can't imagine Microsoft is making a good impression on new Xbox One owners.
the $50 price drop does help a little. not mention the $70 price drop on black friday. they can deal with it

So the vanilla version of the Xbox One is no longer available at Amazon.  I wonder if they are able to convert them over to AC bindles since it is nothing more than a coverslip and download card.

So the vanilla version of the Xbox One is no longer available at Amazon. I wonder if they are able to convert them over to AC bindles since it is nothing more than a coverslip and download card.
mostly likely going to use it to do their own bundle for black friday lightning deals

mostly likely going to use it to do their own bundle for black friday lightning deals
That is my hope actually. I really no longer want Unity so I am hoping for a better game.

Anyone see this?

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-one-sales-on-the-rise?linkId=10514459

"The response to this wave of blockbuster game releases and new bundles has been amazing, and sales have skyrocketed since the new price took effect on Nov. 2. Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled, which is exciting as more and more friends will be playing together this holiday. As we head into the busy holiday season Xbox One led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past two weeks. Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles."

The $50 didn't really do it for me, but the $150 last gen trade in at best buy on top of the $50 put me there. $199 for current gen works.  My main usage will be upstairs for kid's lego games and any exclusives that peak my interest.  Right now I only see forza horizon and possibly sunset overdrive. 

I bet the attach rate is way lower than ps4, which so far has been far superior.

Wtf, I was suppose to receive my shipment from Microsoft today and I haven't gotten anything. I've been home all day and apparently they left it on my front door at 5:06PM.

My room is literally next to the door with a window view of the walkway to the door... I only checked the status cause typically UPS packages don't get delivered until 8ish most times.

I used a $100 coupon on that order too....why is shit not going my way tonight?  :wall:

bread's done
Back