$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon restock is good to know...Ill be holding out until Sunday to use my coupon at Best Buy and have it shipped to my house since itll be cheaper. If they run out of stock in the next day or two (looks like we are gonna be ok), then I will have Amazon + no tax to fall back on. :)
I'm sure Best Buy is in on that new inventory too.

well, since amazon is planning to get stock. it will be interesting to see, if it is going to be actually limited, or it will be like the titanfalls collectors edition

The more I see of Sunset Overdrive the more Ithink I might switch to the AC bundle. I got a question for anyone who has played it, if I hated the gameplay in Infamous what are the chances I would like SO? the pack in game isn't a huge deal since I'm really buying the system just to play Halo, but it would be nice if my free game isn't a total dud either.

The more I see of Sunset Overdrive the more Ithink I might switch to the AC bundle. I got a question for anyone who has played it, if I hated the gameplay in Infamous what are the chances I would like SO? the pack in game isn't a huge deal since I'm really buying the system just to play Halo, but it would be nice if my free game isn't a total dud either.
you answered your own question, if you really are only buying an xbox one to buy halo. then you really do not have to buy sunset overdrive bundle. you can even wait till black friday , or even close to christmas to pick up an xbox one without kinect for $349.99, unless you are not talking about halo 5, but halo mcc

you answered your own question, if you really are only buying an xbox one to buy halo. then you really do not have to buy sunset overdrive bundle. you can even wait till black friday , or even close to christmas to pick up an xbox one without kinect for $349.99, unless you are not talking about halo 5, but halo mcc
you missed his point, if he can get these bundles for 349.99 he wants to get a bundle that has a decent game, so between SSO and Assassins, if you didn't like Infamous not sure if you will completely dig SSO, you probably know what to expect with Assassins, plus you get Assassins IV as well, I think he should go with that bundle

Ok. It would be helpful if you made it more clear in your original post.
Because the online preorders are 100% paid for at time of the initial preorder, coupons can and should be applied at checkout.
Unlike in store preorders, where you make a small down payment and complete the transaction with coupons upon picking up and paying off the game/console.
I think it was pretty clear then based on the specifics you just gave given when I posted about using the coupon (i.e. Before release day).

you missed his point, if he can get these bundles for 349.99 he wants to get a bundle that has a decent game, so between SSO and Assassins, if you didn't like Infamous not sure if you will completely dig SSO, you probably know what to expect with Assassins, plus you get Assassins IV as well, I think he should go with that bundle
Exactly my point. I am not getting the SSO bundle purely for the white Xbox and controller, though that is icing on the cake. I am getting it because it is the only one of the three holiday bundles with a game I am interested in. I am not a fan of the setting or the hook (the online multiplayer) of Assassin's Creed Unity, I already have (and love) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on the PS4, and I am not interested in Call of Duty in the slightest. If I were to get an Xbox One, I would get one with a game I want, irrelevant of the system that it's with. Otherwise, you would have to do some trading.

Bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle from GameStop yesterday. Was told that I had to speak to the manager tomorrow about a price adjustment, which would be today. After playing phone tag for a bit I finally went to the store and spoke to him. I asked if I could do a return/rebuy and he told me the price reduction was only for the regular Xbox One without Kinect. I informed him that this was not the case and he said that he would only do the return/rebuy if the SO bundle was included in the price reduction.
Why do they have to make this so complicated?

I picked up the SSO bundle at Best Buy and was able to get the GCU unlock for $30 at Best Buy and was told I could price match the console on Sunday by bringing in my receipt to get the adjustment for the price drop. 

Bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle from GameStop yesterday. Was told that I had to speak to the manager tomorrow about a price adjustment, which would be today. After playing phone tag for a bit I finally went to the store and spoke to him. I asked if I could do a return/rebuy and he told me the price reduction was only for the regular Xbox One without Kinect. I informed him that this was not the case and he said that he would only do the return/rebuy if the SO bundle was included in the price reduction.
fuck the manager and get someone from corporate on the phone to tell the incompetent manager what they need to do.

I picked up the SSO bundle at Best Buy and was able to get the GCU unlock for $30 at Best Buy and was told I could price match the console on Sunday by bringing in my receipt to get the adjustment for the price drop. 

If you didn't use any coupons then you are fine otherwise you would have to do a return / rebuy.

but it's still 399 =-/, wonder if they did that, hoping they would sell out at the 399 price point.
The deal starts Sunday. The only ones that will show a lower price before then are the bundles that don't come out until Nov. 2 or later anyway.

Maybe you should wait until the promo is on to get the promo price? It's not going to show up in his system with the discount until Sunday. The only ones showing a discount now are the ones that don't actually release until the discount begins.

People on gamefaqs are saying they getting this message.
Not me yet but I only recently checked my messages on my computer. I hope i get one but, not sure if it's for super valuable customers or what. Prior to buying the sunset overddrive bundle I hadn't signed into xbox live for over 6 months.

I bought the white sunset overdrive bundle and installed the sunset overdrive download yesterday. I did not get a free ryse message yet. FYI I already installed Ryse from disc yesterday, too. I wonder if microsoft detected that and skipped me because of it.  which sucks, because I am trying to go disc-less for as many games as possible.

I bought the white sunset overdrive bundle and installed the sunset overdrive download yesterday. I did not get a free ryse message yet. FYI I already installed Ryse from disc yesterday, too. I wonder if microsoft detected that and skipped me because of it. which sucks, because I am trying to go disc-less for as many games as possible.
I said the same thing but i don't want to be downloading 20gb+ on a regular basis. This gen kinda really sucks for collectors who want to actually be able to play all their games without micromanaging their hard drives.

Not me yet but I only recently checked my messages on my computer. I hope i get one but, not sure if it's for super valuable customers or what. Prior to buying the sunset overddrive bundle I hadn't signed into xbox live for over 6 months.
I didn't get an e-mail, but I logged onto xbox.com and had the message waiting for me there.

I didn't get an e-mail, but I logged onto xbox.com and had the message waiting for me there.

I have a old Xbox 360 to trade in, along with the $250, but read some time ago that some people got the $100 coupon before without trading it in.
Just because you can do something doesn't make it ethical to do so. Trade that old POS in and get the new one if you really want one and sometime in the future if you really need a 360 you can find one for less then $100

I have a old Xbox 360 to trade in, along with the $250, but read some time ago that some people got the $100 coupon before without trading it in.
Just fucking with you. I wouldn't do it. When they realize the console never came and you used the coupon. They can/probably will charge you for that $100 bucks.

Got the Ryse offer and code waiting in my inbox. I didn't redeem the Sunset Overdrive game code either so they can probably tell by the serial number.

I setup the console on Tuesday and barely got the messages several hours ago

HOocL5j.jpg

I bought the console too.... :(

Hopefully they give one to everyone. 

I'm usually the one laughing at the people whining because they didn't get something.

Must be the curse of halloween.  :speaktothehand:

I plan on trading in my old fat 360 at my local Microsoft store on Sunday and getting the SO Xbox one, but my question is what all do i need with me and how strict are they on the condition of the controllers?

I have the system, the power brick,  the original av cords it came with (i also have a VGA cord if needed), and a controller, is that it?

As for the controller does it have to have the original battery pack or can it have a rechargeable one? Will it matter if the controller is white and the battery pack is black? Will it matter if a little bit of he rubber on the thumbstick started to come off?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't traded anything at a Microsoft store before and mine is located in hell (a mall right next to all the Orlando theme parks) and i dont wont to get there and be turned down.

I plan on trading in my old fat 360 at my local Microsoft store on Sunday and getting the SO Xbox one, but my question is what all do i need with me and how strict are they on the condition of the controllers?

I have the system, the power brick, the original av cords it came with (i also have a VGA cord if needed), and a controller, is that it?

As for the controller does it have to have the original battery pack or can it have a rechargeable one? Will it matter if the controller is white and the battery pack is black? Will it matter if a little bit of he rubber on the thumbstick started to come off?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't traded anything at a Microsoft store before and mine is located in hell (a mall right next to all the Orlando theme parks) and i dont wont to get there and be turned down.
Yeah all you need is the Power Supply, AV Cables, and a controller.

From what I've heard they aren't strict at all on condition if it's done in store. Some posts I've read made it sound like they didn't even thoroughly exam the stuff, and just rang up the trade in and handed them the coupon.

Yeah all you need is the Power Supply, AV Cables, and a controller.

From what I've heard they aren't strict at all on condition if it's done in store. Some posts I've read made it sound like they didn't even thoroughly exam the stuff, and just rang up the trade in and handed them the coupon.
That is good to hear.

Did this really happen cause i was going to buy a code from someone recently i dont want to use the code on a console that wasnt traded in and get banned.

Did this really happen cause i was going to buy a code from someone recently i dont want to use the code on a console that wasnt traded in and get banned.
Yeah it actually happened. The site was sending coupons immediately after you finished the trade in transaction and people weren't sending their systems in. The risk obviously being is that Microsoft can easily track the serial numbers of systems bought with said coupon so they could ban systems of people doing it (Although I haven't heard of that happening).

What I suspect is that those who purchased through the MS store are getting the codes. If you purchased through the MS store, that's how they know to associate the accounts, since you would have used your MS account to complete your purchase. I bought through the MS store, and I too received a code. 

For those who didn't get the code, it might be because you purchased the console somewhere besides the MS store. I can't see how they'd be able to associate the consoles if MS doesn't personally have a record to show that the system was purchased (i.e., an order through the MS store). 

Got the Ryse offer and code waiting in my inbox. I didn't redeem the Sunset Overdrive game code either so they can probably tell by the serial number.

I setup the console on Tuesday and barely got the messages several hours ago

HOocL5j.jpg
Congrats, MS should have done something like this for day one buyers though. Maybe im in the minority for thinking this way.

What I suspect is that those who purchased through the MS store are getting the codes. If you purchased through the MS store, that's how they know to associate the accounts, since you would have used your MS account to complete your purchase. I bought through the MS store, and I too received a code.

For those who didn't get the code, it might be because you purchased the console somewhere besides the MS store. I can't see how they'd be able to associate the consoles if MS doesn't personally have a record to show that the system was purchased (i.e., an order through the MS store).
I bought mine from BestBuy and I received the code.

bread's done
Back