$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from BestBuy and I received the code.
Ditto.

I think it's more likely that Microsoft is making the SSO bundle equal to the AC bundle. The AC bundle comes with a launch game and a new release... the SSO bundle comes with a new release so they're evening out things with a free launch game.

And they can tell simply by the console serial number once it is connected to Live. When you connect that specific console to your Live account, I'm sure it registers that specific console serial number as well. The new XBone systems are going to be tied to accounts much more thoroughly than the 360 were. I'm sure they know which serials are from SSO bundles even without you redeeming the game itself.

I've read that they're still planning on integrating the "friend sharing" except with digital titles only so I assume that's why they're being so thorough with tying consoles to accounts.

What I suspect is that those who purchased through the MS store are getting the codes. If you purchased through the MS store, that's how they know to associate the accounts, since you would have used your MS account to complete your purchase. I bought through the MS store, and I too received a code.

For those who didn't get the code, it might be because you purchased the console somewhere besides the MS store. I can't see how they'd be able to associate the consoles if MS doesn't personally have a record to show that the system was purchased (i.e., an order through the MS store).
Every console has a serial number - once it's activated and "on the grid", Microsoft knows that you acquired an SO bundle. Wouldn't matter where you got it from....

I bought the SSO bundle day one at Best Buy and have gotten no code for Ryse? How does this work? Checked my messages on Xbox.com and I've got nothing. I've had Xbox Live for over 10 years, I should get something!

Went on Thursday to a Microsoft store and worked out a great deal on my 2nd Xbox one. They had 1 White xbox one bundle left, I ended up paying $225 after tax!!

Started off at $399....traded in a xbox 360 ($100 credit) that was given to me for free.....had $50 Microsoft gift card that I won at the launch event....then I asked him about the $50 price drop this Sunday, his manager knocked off another $50.

$225 for a Sunset overdrive bundle....I'm also selling the sunset download code for $50. So in all I'm out $175, can't beat that.

I bought the SSO bundle day one at Best Buy and have gotten no code for Ryse? How does this work? Checked my messages on Xbox.com and I've got nothing. I've had Xbox Live for over 10 years, I should get something!
Maybe it's just taking them time to issue the codes?

I don't know if its still the same but I traded in my 120gb slim ps3 for $100 to bestbuy then took the 2 controllers to gs for $30. Seems better then the ms deal to me

Maybe it's just taking them time to issue the codes?
I just talked to a support rep in chat.

The codes are being issued between Oct. 31st and Nov. 3rd. Players 17 and older will receive a code for Ryse: Son of Rome and younger players will receive a code for Max: Curse of the Brotherhood.

On Oct. 28th, Microsoft released the Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle, including a white console and a digital token for Sunset Overdrive. Customers in the US who connect these consoles to Xbox Live before Nov 1st, 2014 are eligible to receive a free game as a surprise gift.

Eligibility is limited to US customers who connect a Sunset Overdrive (white) console to Xbox Live before Nov. 1st

Free games will be distributed by token through the console messaging system on Oct. 31st and Nov. 3rd Players under 17 years old (based on their Xbox Live profile) will receive Max: Curse of the Brotherhood.
Players 17 or older (based on their Xbox Live profile) will receive Ryse: Son of Rome.

The codes are being issued between Oct. 31st and Nov. 3rd. Players 17 and older will receive a code for Ryse: Son of Rome and younger players will receive a code for Max: Curse of the Brotherhood.
Thanks for the info. That's really cool of MS to do that. It's probably an incentive to buy the console before the 2nd is all. I'm still going to purchase my SSO bundle tomorrow. Great for anyone else who gets it!

Thanks for the info. That's really cool of MS to do that. It's probably an incentive to buy the console before the 2nd is all. I'm still going to purchase my SSO bundle tomorrow. Great for anyone else who gets it!
I bought mine on Tuesday at Best Buy and was told I can get the price adjusted on the 1st when the $50 price drop occurs by simply bringing in my receipt.

I bought mine on Tuesday at Best Buy and was told I can get the price adjusted on the 1st when the $50 price drop occurs by simply bringing in my receipt.
I intended to do the same, but didn't want to deal with the hassle. Especially since I will be applying a mover's coupon to the order to knock it down 10%.

Was planning to wait until Black Friday to purchase an Xbox One bundle, but now I'm thinking about buying an AC Unity bundle tomorrow off Amazon. Starting to think waiting won't bring any better deals than what's out there already.

Since I grabbed my Sunset Overdrive Bundle already from Walmart, to price match I just print out Microsofts add or will Walmart be able to verify it through their system since it will be a store price drop? I am just unsure how to show them the price drop officially since they are known for being a pain.

I know, just kinda want the sunset bundle and not sure how long it will be able to be had. Doesnt help that im hearing meh user reviews on the game. Is there an instore demo for it yet i could check out?
since amazon has it stock, it will def last till black friday. unless you must get it from a specific retailer like bestbuy , or gamestop. or if you can buy it from bestbuy, then keep it unopened and hold it until black friday ad leaks to decide.since their holiday return policy states:

Holiday Return & Exchange Promise

Buy your gifts and other items this holiday with the peace-of-mind of easy returns. Almost every purchase made throughout November and December can be returned through January 15, 2015.

Purchases made between Nov.1 – Dec. 31, 2014 have an extended return period through January 15, 2015, excluding items purchased with a third-party contract (ex. Mobile Phone carrier contracts, DirecTV, etc.) and Geek Squad Protection service plans. All other terms and conditions of our Return & Exchange Promise apply.

Since I grabbed my Sunset Overdrive Bundle already from Walmart, to price match I just print out Microsofts add or will Walmart be able to verify it through their system since it will be a store price drop? I am just unsure how to show them the price drop officially since they are known for being a pain.
good luck with walmart, people have problem getting price match before buying. post-pricematch will be a pita with walmart. unless you do a return rebuy

I know, just kinda want the sunset bundle and not sure how long it will be able to be had. Doesnt help that im hearing meh user reviews on the game. Is there an instore demo for it yet i could check out?
Sunset Overdrive is a great game and one of the best I have played all year. It takes a few hours to get into the swing of things, but the game really starts to pick up and is just simply a lot of fun. The only complaint I really have is that the attempts at humor can be annoying at times, but it doesn't detract from what is otherwise one of the best games of the year.

Makes sense, but sucks that you had to connect before today. Oh well, the mover's coupon will take that sting out, haha.

So if i preordered my COD AW One at BB a couple of months ago online. I used the Movers coupon and $30 in Rewards Certs to bring the total down to $450.  My questions is, how much trouble will it be when i pick it up that they will take a additional $50 off? I wondering if i will have to do a return/rebuy when i pick it up, but i hate to waste a movers coupon and try to get my $30 in rewards certs back.

I just have a feeling like i am going to have a issue when i pick it up.

Ugh, I'm not surprised to hear you say this, but I'd love to know where you pull this from.

I've heard a ton of positive things about it and the only negative things I hear are usually from people just starting the game (It picks up as you play it).

So if i preordered my COD AW One at BB a couple of months ago online. I used the Movers coupon and $30 in Rewards Certs to bring the total down to $450. My questions is, how much trouble will it be when i pick it up that they will take a additional $50 off? I wondering if i will have to do a return/rebuy when i pick it up, but i hate to waste a movers coupon and try to get my $30 in rewards certs back.

I just have a feeling like i am going to have a issue when i pick it up.
You'll need to do a return/rebuy they can't process the coupon again so you'll need another one.

Good to hear some official word on it. I guess then I'll keep an eye out on my inbox

Sunset is fantastic. I question user reviews that states the game is meh. Most fun I've had all year on any console. Enjoy it that much. Either way it is a great time to buy a bundle. Free games and save 50 bucks. I'm jealous.

Plus in time for Halo. I don't play too much multiplayer anymore but look forward to this collection just for those great memories.

Ugh, I'm not surprised to hear you say this, but I'd love to know where you pull this from.
I've heard a ton of positive things about it and the only negative things I hear are usually from people just starting the game (It picks up as you play it).
Im saying what I've read people on here say. Its a few not a lot but just something I was considering. It could very well be because they are early in the game which is why I'd like to play a demo to make my own opinion before dropping money on a system to play it. Sorry if I've some how offended you.

I would very much like to jump on this deal and happen to have an extra 360 elite (not slim) that I was considering of trading in at Best buy, only problem is I don't have the HDD anymore. The system is in perfect working order. Has anyone tried to trade in an xbox to BB without an HDD? if so how much did you get?

Is the $100 off coupon with the MS trade in, only good for Microsoft stores? I would love a SO bundle, and got credit at gamestop.. collecting dust.

I would very much like to jump on this deal and happen to have an extra 360 elite (not slim) that I was considering of trading in at Best buy, only problem is I don't have the HDD anymore. The system is in perfect working order. Has anyone tried to trade in an xbox to BB without an HDD? if so how much did you get?
only the 250Gb slim version of xbox 360 gets you $100 at bestbuy

Well I guess it will just sit and collect dust then.
you might have better luck taking it to microsoft store in your local area, but you probably will still need the hdd and getting $100 coupon for xbox one purchase

Every console has a serial number - once it's activated and "on the grid", Microsoft knows that you acquired an SO bundle. Wouldn't matter where you got it from....
Ah, ok, didn't know that. Discount my theory then, haha. I guess it would be an error or something on part of MS if some aren't getting it, or the codes might be limited.

Is the $100 off coupon with the MS trade in, only good for Microsoft stores? I would love a SO bundle, and got credit at gamestop.. collecting dust.
yes it is only good microsoft stores, so your gamestop credit will still be collecting dust

The $100 microsoft codes they sent out earlier (9 alphanumeric long) is good online only I think, at least thats what it says in the coupon code itself.  It doesn't stack with the 5% code you can get via text either, and you can't use two in one order either (online).

If anyone has used the $100 coupon code in store post here please, thinking about going tomorrow but it seems like its not gonna work in store.

Alright, trade my xbox one in to best buy and now just waiting to go buy the white one tomorrow with my coupon.

Super excited 

The $100 microsoft codes they sent out earlier (9 alphanumeric long) is good online only I think, at least thats what it says in the coupon code itself. It doesn't stack with the 5% code you can get via text either, and you can't use two in one order either (online).

If anyone has used the $100 coupon code in store post here please, thinking about going tomorrow but it seems like its not gonna work in store.
Hmmm. That's weird. I heard that the 5 percent code did stack with the 100 bucks off.

I seen someone ask this but I didn't see a repose from anyone...

Has anyone used a 100 off coupon from the Microsoft store yet? They one that some of us got from then sending the coupon before getting the 360 in, has anyone got in trouble or had any trouble with it?

My coupon is still valid after all this time and I'm thinking of going this route,I mean if they didn't want me to have it wouldnt have they disabled it after they found out I want sending in a 360?

I seen someone ask this but I didn't see a repose from anyone...

Has anyone used a 100 off coupon from the Microsoft store yet? They one that some of us got from then sending the coupon before getting the 360 in, has anyone got in trouble or had any trouble with it?

My coupon is still valid after all this time and I'm thinking of going this route,I mean if they didn't want me to have it wouldnt have they disabled it after they found out I want sending in a 360?
Not really sure. I don't think anyone has used it since most people are waiting till tomorrow

Not really sure. I don't think anyone has used it since most people are waiting till tomorrow
Thanks for the answer,I went to the extreme to make sure I'm ok but I still don't know,I cancelled that order(the one where I said I was going to send in the 360) so there would be no confusion and they knew they weren't getting one,I even got a email stating "thanks for your order, your order is now complete", also waited this long to use it to be sure, even after all that it is still valid...

So I guess if no one says anything bad out if they got charged or anything I guess ill place a order tomorrow and hope for the best

trading in my o.g., hdd-less, broke hdmi port, red ring refurb, leaf blower sounding 360 to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for $250 feels great. the Microsoft store is awesome.

trading in my o.g., hdd-less, broke hdmi port, red ring refurb, leaf blower sounding 360 to get the Sunset Overdrive bundle for $250 feels great. the Microsoft store is awesome.
If they are that lax, I'll trade in my fat white Xbox 360 with cd-tray problems. It opens but you have to tap the top. I have a black one but the white one sounds like I'm living next to an airport when it's on.

If they are that lax, I'll trade in my fat white Xbox 360 with cd-tray problems. It opens but you have to tap the top. I have a black one but the white one sounds like I'm living next to an airport when it's on.
i called ahead and told them what i had and they told me as long as its functional they will deal. obviously ymmv.

Kinda hoping that the MS stores are under orders to not question a PS3 trades, just do 'em.

Have a slim that rarely got used, but is finicky about powering on now.

We'll see...

Question can you use more than one Movers coupon at Best Buy?  I'm thinking about picking up one of the Xbox bundles and then on another trip an iPad (on Nov. 8th when there having a special that day that comes with a $50 gift card) and I wondered if I had two coupons if I could use them both.

Kinda hoping that the MS stores are under orders to not question a PS3 trades, just do 'em.

Have a slim that rarely got used, but is finicky about powering on now.

We'll see...

Damn, I bought the SO bundle on Tuesday but decided to keep it boxed up until Sunday just to be totally safe in case Best Buy played any tricks with the price match... then saw the thing about the Ryse codes and frantically got it set up as fast as I could, but it was after midnight on Nov 1 :( I hope they end up allowing a bit of leeway... :(

bread's done
Back