50% off Heavy Rain Director's Cut, GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

Update since no one else could answer my question:

NO you can NOT order for free shipping to home from in store with this. The discount does NOT apply. Huge pain in the ass. I had to order a copy online for the full price to ship to home in store, and buy the crappy gut coppy in store. The guy said i could return the gut under the full priced online order when it comes in and put a note on my reciept about it. Big ass hassle

So those who wanted to, looks like you cant do that

[quote name='Guerrilla']Three things about ordering this off Gamestop.com:
1) You get free shipping if you order $25+ worth of stuff.
2) Heavy Rain Director's Cut counts as $19.99 towards free shipping (-$10 coupon applies at the end of the transaction automatically if you have a PUR number, on the payment screen). Only one copy per order gets the discount.
3) You only need to add a $5.XX+ item to qualify for free shipping, such as Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 or 360 ($5.99). Keep it if you want, or return it to a store you dislike. ;)[/QUOTE]

how is shipping free for over $25? I thought that shipping code didn't work anymore

Not a bad deal if you plan on getting GoW: Ascension and Heavy Rain: DC together, and you're a PUR member:

The code GSW1NS takes $10 off in-stock games & accessories totaling $69.99 or more. After PUR promos for GoW: Ascension & Heavy Rain: DC, as well as GSW1NS , the total comes out to $39.99 before tax. Heavy Rain: DC would be "free."

[quote name='ItsKayJayBee']Picked up a sealed copy in-store today; the manager was surprised to see the price drop to $9.99, evidently he doesn't read his own store's ads.[/QUOTE]

Im replying to everyone apparently lol.... its not in our store ad. My store didnt know either until i told them.

Went to one GameStop and unfortunately they only have an "opened" "new" copy which sucks since I was just planning on keeping the game for now. But oh well I guess I'll try another GameStop.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Update since no one else could answer my question:

NO you can NOT order for free shipping to home from in store with this. The discount does NOT apply. Huge pain in the ass. I had to order a copy online for the full price to ship to home in store, and buy the crappy gut coppy in store. The guy said i could return the gut under the full priced online order when it comes in and put a note on my reciept about it. Big ass hassle

So those who wanted to, looks like you cant do that
[/QUOTE]

i dont think any rational person would have even thought of this convoluted idea

I picked this up, but I was disappointed that I could not stack this deal with a $5 off coupon form the powerup rewards website. Kinda mad that I now have to find something by the 31st of May before my coupon expires. (just heads up in case anyone was going to try to do what I did.)

[quote name='Rollobobo']I picked this up, but I was disappointed that I could not stack this deal with a $5 off coupon form the powerup rewards website. Kinda mad that I now have to find something by the 31st of May before my coupon expires. (just heads up in case anyone was going to try to do what I did.)[/QUOTE] Why couldn't you stack the $5 dollars off coupon? I was told that if i had mine i could have used it with the sale ( i sadly didn't have it with me ) and i've done it before with other discounted games at gamestop. I think someone made a mistake.

my gamestop only have a used copy, would that work or only new copy got the sale?

also can i signed up to be a PUR member at the store and activate it theere at the store? do i have to go online to activate it?

[quote name='D23']my gamestop only have a used copy, would that work or only new copy got the sale?

also can i signed up to be a PUR member at the store and activate it theere at the store? do i have to go online to activate it?[/QUOTE]

no, yes & no.

Anyone know if there is a black label version of the the director's cut, or was it only released as a Greatest Hits title?

[quote name='notung']Anyone know if there is a black label version of the the director's cut, or was it only released as a Greatest Hits title?[/QUOTE]

I want to say that there was a very limited run of Director's Cut copies in clear cases, but I'm going from memory of what I saw a few years ago and can't confirm.

[quote name='notung']Anyone know if there is a black label version of the the director's cut, or was it only released as a Greatest Hits title?[/QUOTE]

99% sure it was only in the red GH case.

wen to gamestop to get it, they said they have in stock but they couldnt find any in their drawer

:(

Got one gutted copy. The gs I went to was weird..it was a gutted new copy but when I gave it to him to ring up, he sealed it for me. Weird. Was 10 and change. Guy wasn't aware of the deal and I never mentioned anything about it.

[quote name='D23']wen to gamestop to get it, they said they have in stock but they couldnt find any in their drawer

:([/QUOTE]

It's called employee layaway :rofl:

[quote name='breakfuss']It's called employee layaway :rofl:[/QUOTE]

lol i knew it!

o well gonna check another gamestop tomorrow

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Not a bad deal if you plan on getting GoW: Ascension and Heavy Rain: DC together, and you're a PUR member:

The code GSW1NS takes $10 off in-stock games & accessories totaling $69.99 or more. After PUR promos for GoW: Ascension & Heavy Rain: DC, as well as GSW1NS , the total comes out to $39.99 before tax. Heavy Rain: DC would be "free."[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for me the Ascension CE is only available in store, and I can't apply a coupon in store can I? Otherwise its $20 off of either version of Ascension right now for PUR members, $10 off with GSW1NS, and half off of Heavy Rain for PUR members, would this be accurate?

[quote name='D23']wen to gamestop to get it, they said they have in stock but they couldnt find any in their drawer

:([/QUOTE]

That definitely looks like they kept it.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Got one gutted copy. The gs I went to was weird..it was a gutted new copy but when I gave it to him to ring up, he sealed it for me. Weird. Was 10 and change. Guy wasn't aware of the deal and I never mentioned anything about it.[/QUOTE]

It gets sealed because that's how they can see if you open a "new" copy. The sticker they use should be a kind that folds and doesn't reseal well. They'll see if you removed it and tried putting it back.

My local one didn't have a copy, so I guess I'm going back online to work out that glitch.

No. It's convenient. If there's one in the store, then it's easier to take it there than it is to go to another store and get it or order it online and wait for a week.

[quote name='Finch106']Unfortunately for me the Ascension CE is only available in store, and I can't apply a coupon in store can I? Otherwise its $20 off of either version of Ascension right now for PUR members, $10 off with GSW1NS, and half off of Heavy Rain for PUR members, would this be accurate?[/QUOTE]

Correct. GS.com codes won't work in store. BTW the GSW1NS code expires on 4/23.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Got one gutted copy. The gs I went to was weird..it was a gutted new copy but when I gave it to him to ring up, he sealed it for me. Weird. Was 10 and change. Guy wasn't aware of the deal and I never mentioned anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Make sure the game is inside first of all, this bad case happened to me once. The game was sealed (re-shrink wrapped), but no disc was inside! Other times they will place a ghetto sticker seal outside the box when putting in the gutted copy.

[quote name='HooBallz']I put 10,000 Power Up Rewards points towards a $10 coupon to make this free. Thanks Op.[/QUOTE]

Will this work? I feel like they would try a "this is 9.99 not 10 you cant use that coupon"

[quote name='merchie89']Will this work? I feel like they would try a "this is 9.99 not 10 you cant use that coupon"[/QUOTE]

It works, thats what I did.... I used the 10$ off any product coupon. And as soon as he scanned the coupon the transaction auto completed and he said "enjoy your free game"

Finally got the chance to go in today and pick up a copy. Got a brand new sealed copy which came complete with all the inserts which was a surprise.

Went in on Friday night after work and got their last copy (sealed, too!). I started the game that night and haven't stopped since.

[quote name='GhostShark']Went in on Friday night after work and got their last copy (sealed, too!). I started the game that night and haven't stopped since.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had time to start mine up but I have to finish Pandora's Tower and Ni no Kuni first before I do.

[quote name='breakfuss']Ok, so I take it gutted = unsealed, and not necessarily inserts/pamphlets removed?[/QUOTE]

Ya. They open a copy of the game, put the case on display, and have the disc behind the counter. Sometimes they remove the booklet/inserts and put them in the envelope with the disc. Often, they leave the booklet/inserts in the case on display (in which case there's a small chance somebody might snag something or steal a code from inside the case, but, in my experience, I don't think I've ever run into that issue).

So, ya, long story short...a gutted copy SHOULD come with all inserts.

I'm about to go get this. Can I use a $5-off coupon from PUR with this or not? Is this considered a discount as it is, or can I stack it with a coupon?

[quote name='Frox']I'm about to go get this. Can I use a $5-off coupon from PUR with this or not? Is this considered a discount as it is, or can I stack it with a coupon?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to use my $5 coupon because the game was already discounted but I've seen others here using it no problem.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Bought it on Monday and beat it yesterday. I just could not put it down! Incredible game. Just... incredible.[/QUOTE]

That good you say? Might have to push it up on my backlog list.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Bought it on Monday and beat it yesterday. I just could not put it down! Incredible game. Just... incredible.[/QUOTE]

If you loved it I recommend watching some trailers for Beyond Two Souls (from the same developers) It looks amazing :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That good you say? Might have to push it up on my backlog list.[/QUOTE]

It's really good. I played and beat it when it first came out. You won't be disapointed.

Even though I didn't care for the detective part near the beginning.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That good you say? Might have to push it up on my backlog list.[/QUOTE]

Well, from what I've "played" (using that term loosely), no. But, I'll reserve my final verdict for when I'm done.

bread's done
Back