$50 off new PSP Go at Target (Coupon at Carl's Jr/Hardees)

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hey all, didn't see this posted but stopped by Carl's Jr for lunch today and noticed they are selling a keychain of the car from the upcoming Green Hornet movie for $1.99 and it comes with a little coupon book. One of the coupons is $50 off a PSP Go at Target (Expires 2/28/11). I'm assuming these are the same coupons at both Carl's Jr and Hardees since some of the food coupons are for both restaurants.

All the coupons included:
$10 off at efxusa.com (using code greenhornet2011 / Valid till 4/20/2011)
20% off at teleflora.com/hornet (Valid till 3/31/2011
$50 off PSP Go system at Target (In store coupon good till 2/28/11)
$3 off select Sony Blu-rays at Amazon (use code GRHORNET at checkout / good till 1/31/11). [As of the time of posting this, the link on the coupon won't work for me, but the code might work on some Sony Blu-Rays)
$3 off Grown Ups or The Other Guys DVD/Blu Ray. (Coupon you can use in store, or use code COMEDYS3 on Amazon / Good till 2/13/11)
$10 off any W-Series Sony Cyber-Shot Camera at www.sonystyle.com/thegreenhornet (Use code green hornet / good 12/1/10-2/11/2011)
Free Medium Drink with any grilled chicken salad (Carl's Jr till 3/31/2011)
Free Small Fries and Drink with any six dollar burger (Carl's Jr till 3/31/2011)
Free Small Fries and Drink with and 1/3lb. Thickburger (Hardees till 3/31/2011)
$1 off Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders Combo (Hardees till 3/31/2011)

Hopefully no one posted this because I'd be pissed that I just typed all this out, otherwise here's to hoping for a major sale on the PSP Go at Target!

Just an update, I went searching at Carl Jr's in AZ and I guess a manager told me that this promotion is not valid in this area. He would only do a bulk order on these coupon books and it would have to be a charity. I doubt there is that many cags who want this book anyways. Sorry to those who asked me for help.

[quote name='Vader582']I rarely eat there but I recently tried the hand-breaded chicken tenders and thought they were pretty good.[/QUOTE]

They have a 1 off coupon for those in the book to

The Wife checked 3 Carl's Jrs around here between Anaheim and Whittier on her way home from work and none knew anything about this keychain or coupon book :(

I guess it's not in SoCal eh?

[quote name='Jayx77']The Wife checked 3 Carl's Jrs around here between Anaheim and Whittier on her way home from work and none knew anything about this keychain or coupon book :(

I guess it's not in SoCal eh?[/QUOTE]

I just got one from the Buena Park Carl's across the street from BP Mall :bouncy: Now if I could only find a Target with clearance price PSPgo.

[quote name='DarthWar']I just got one from the Buena Park Carl's across the street from BP Mall :bouncy: Now if I could only find a Target with clearance price PSPgo.[/QUOTE]

I just picked mine up at the CJ in Inglewood:cool:

heres a pics of what the coupon book looks like:

101119133443.jpg

heres the PSPGo coupon:
101119133602.jpg

hope this helps. the coupon book and keychain come in a plastic package, packaged together.

The cashier at my Hardee's (Newton, NC) had no idea what I was talking about. She did have a $10 book of coupons for Hardee's items though.

Might have to hit my nearest Hardees tonight and see if they know anything about this. If so I'm definitely planning on hitting up Target next week and pricematching Kmart's PSP Go $150 price, then getting it for $100 with the coupon! =D
Just hope it all works out though....

if you have a scanner, just scan the coupon. target "should" take it no problem as long as the bar code comes up ok in their system.

Unfortunately i found this on targets price match policy with coupons.

Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

This coupon has "target coupon" on the top of it.

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Unfortunately i found this on targets price match policy with coupons.

Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

This coupon has "target coupon" on the top of it.[/QUOTE]

DAMN, ah well guess I'll hope for the PSP Go to be clearanced at my Target like some others have and use the coupon then.

[quote name='bgame2']While I understand why you say this, the truth is that the 3000 doesn't do everything the go does - it does not fit in your pocket. For some of us, that's the most alluring feature of the go.[/QUOTE]

What kind of skinny jeans are you wearing? ;)

any way to get this coupon? I was thinking of getting the psp go as a gift soon but there are no hardee's in my area so if you can help me out i'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']You are da man! :applause:;)[/QUOTE]

Let us know if this works out for you, especially since it says void if copied, scanned, transferred, etc. I'm really hoping it works.

There's a VERY good chance this would be an awesome coupon as there's 3 MONTHS left on it...and the PSP Go could definitely drop to sub $100 by then...or close to it.

[quote name='Justin42']More likely someone will figure out how to abuse it and Target will pull the coupon like they seem to a lot... :/[/QUOTE]

Even if that does happen, the good thing is that this coupon lasts so long, by the time it's approaching its end date any pulling notice would probably be long forgotten. That's how I managed to take advantage of the $10 off $20 purchase coupon at K-Mart a while back. Of course it would require an override, there's a big difference between $10 and $50, and a printed photocopy looks suspicious enough already, but assuming it does happen, hold onto it, you guys. It might pay off.

Coupon worked for me, my target didn't have them on clearance so the total came out to 167.xx.

Also many thanks skateraXVIII!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']While I understand why you say this, the truth is that the 3000 doesn't do everything the go does - it does not fit in your pocket. For some of us, that's the most alluring feature of the go.[/QUOTE]
most people don't put a gaming system in their pocket anyways, i for one would never, im not cracking a screen, breaking something etc.

i have a messenger bag i keep my laptop, ds, flip, psp etc. in while traveling around and the psp 3000 can easily slip into your pocket unless you wear girl tight jeans, if that is the case a pspgo wouldn't even fit in your pocket.

[quote name='styl3s']most people don't put a gaming system in their pocket anyways, i for one would never, im not cracking a screen, breaking something etc.

i have a messenger bag i keep my laptop, ds, flip, psp etc. in while traveling around and the psp 3000 can easily slip into your pocket unless you wear girl tight jeans, if that is the case a pspgo wouldn't even fit in your pocket.[/QUOTE]

I keep my Go in my pocket. It's in a plushy case though, and the Go, in the case fits better in my pocket than a normal PSP as is.

People can honestly fit the PSP 3000 in their pocket?

That thing would bulge out. You'd look ridiculous. aren't PSP's like twice the size of a cell phone (length-wise)?

I like the idea of the Go, but I feel the PSN store needs to be far more competitive for me to care :/ . I think overall it's a good idea, though.

[quote name='styl3s']most people don't put a gaming system in their pocket anyways, i for one would never, im not cracking a screen, breaking something etc.

i have a messenger bag i keep my laptop, ds, flip, psp etc. in while traveling around and the psp 3000 can easily slip into your pocket unless you wear girl tight jeans, if that is the case a pspgo wouldn't even fit in your pocket.[/QUOTE]
No, most people do put their gaming systems in their pockets.

PSP 1000/2000/3000 is much bigger than the Go. Just because it can "fit" in my pocket does not mean it's comfortable or just as portable as the Go. How would you know anyways, considering you do not carry systems in your pocket?

[quote name='Mongoose07']People can honestly fit the PSP 3000 in their pocket?

That thing would bulge out. You'd look ridiculous. aren't PSP's like twice the size of a cell phone (length-wise)?

I like the idea of the Go, but I feel the PSN store needs to be far more competitive for me to care :/ . I think overall it's a good idea, though.[/QUOTE]
That is the biggest problem with the Go. You do get lucky from time to time, like Atlus' PSN sale that they're carrying out this week or the PS 15 Anniversary sale of PS1 games each week. I also recall Sony doing decent price drops during the holiday season last year. But really the sales are few and far between.

Its a portable gaming system, Why would i not put it in my pocket? When i had my PSP go i used to take it everywhere just like my cell phone.

[quote name='elevendy']Coupon worked for me, my target didn't have them on clearance so the total came out to 167.xx.

Also many thanks skateraXVIII!!![/QUOTE]

Nice. Did you just print the one side of the coupon and use it only?

[quote name='sharpeone']Nice. Did you just print the one side of the coupon and use it only?[/QUOTE]

yes sir and it was in black and white.

(CA) Southern Orange County - Mission Viejo

Just picked one up off Oso right off the 5 Freeway.
The one off Lapaz is all sold out.

I bought a Go with the coupon. No hassle at all. For those of you without a Carls Jr nearby, Kmart will have these at the same price on Thursday.

There is no way in hell I can put a 3000 in my pocket. I bought the Go to take it on the go and will keep my 3000 for home use. I was going to buy a bigger memory card for my 3000 anyway (so I could carry a bunch of games around) so paying a bit more for a more compact PSP worked out for me.

Went there last night and got a Six Dollar Jalapeno Burger and I was impressed.

They said they didn't have the keychains though. Whatever.

I'm surprised the coupon scan hasn't been removed by a "mod." I hope it doesn't get abused to $#!+ before the Gos get clearanced at my local bullseye :).

[quote name='Mongoose07']People can honestly fit the PSP 3000 in their pocket?

I like the idea of the Go, but I feel the PSN store needs to be far more competitive for me to care :/ . I think overall it's a good idea, though.[/QUOTE]

I can store the 3000 in my pocket with no bulge at all. Setting myself up for an obvious joke here, but still.

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']how much are the psp go after the coupon?[/QUOTE]

whatever anyone is selling it retail minus 50 :|

This would have been awesome if it was out during the BB sale.

So, Kmart has this in their Black Friday ad for $150. Target price matches BF ads, so theoretically, couldn't one PM this AND use the coupon? Snag a PSP Go for $100.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']So, Kmart has this in their Black Friday ad for $150. Target price matches BF ads, so theoretically, couldn't one PM this AND use the coupon? Snag a PSP Go for $100.[/QUOTE]

No. Not sure if Target really will PM BF but they apply coupons BEFORE the PM, so the price would be the same.

[quote name='Justin42']No. Not sure if Target really will PM BF but they apply coupons BEFORE the PM, so the price would be the same.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is a Manufacturer coupon valid only at Target.
So I would buy the unit with the coupon and then take the receipt with Kmart ad to customer service for the pm.
I have done this with blu ray pms and no issue. (manufacturer reimburses Target the value of the coupon).
Personally, not sure $100 is even low enough...
Have you looked side by side on how much smaller the screen is?

Just an update on the keychains. Most CKE (hardee's/Carl's Jr.) should have the keychains, but they're considered an expensive promo item by the company so you might have to come in at a time when the gm is working, as it might be kept in the safe. The cashiers might actually not be lying, trying to give you the runaround, or whatever when they say they don't know about them. All the restaraunts are open regular hours on thanksgiving.

P.S. Most of the Green Hornet stuff isn't required to be put up until tonight (the 22nd). Most GMs work monday nights since it's the end of the business week, so the promotional material gets dug out tonight. So you might have better luck tomorrow.

[quote name='Sizemore44']Just an update on the keychains. Most CKE (hardee's/Carl's Jr.) should have the keychains, but they're considered an expensive promo item by the company so you might have to come in at a time when the gm is working, as it might be kept in the safe. The cashiers might actually not be lying, trying to give you the runaround, or whatever when they say they don't know about them. All the restaraunts are open regular hours on thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping you're right. I was beginning to think this was a regional thing as I checked several Hardee's over the weekend without success.

[quote name='donut']I believe this is a Manufacturer coupon valid only at Target.
So I would buy the unit with the coupon and then take the receipt with Kmart ad to customer service for the pm.
I have done this with blu ray pms and no issue. (manufacturer reimburses Target the value of the coupon).
Personally, not sure $100 is even low enough...
Have you looked side by side on how much smaller the screen is?[/QUOTE]

:cry: It says it's Target Coupon. Will they still price match?

The Wife's friend found a coupon book at the Carl's over in Cerritos, CA and found some PSPGos at the Target in Whittier (they have 2 left there, but sadly no clearance price) and Sony brand screen protectors are on clearance there 2 pack for $2.48 TOO :)

[quote name='Jayx77']The Wife's friend found a coupon book at the Carl's over in Cerritos, CA and found some PSPGos at the Target in Whittier (they have 2 left there, but sadly no clearance price) and Sony brand screen protectors are on clearance there 2 pack for $2.48 TOO :)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to get MGS pw $19/dissidia $9/persona3portable $19. There on sale.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Don't forget to get MGS pw $19/dissidia $9/persona3portable $19. There on sale.[/QUOTE]

That sale has almost pushed me to pick it up. Now I am just wondering whether or not to pick up the PSP Go, or pick up the PSP 3000 instead. If I can pick up the coupon, I might just bite on the Go.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Don't forget to get MGS pw $19/dissidia $9/persona3portable $19. There on sale.[/QUOTE]

SWEET! Looks like I better open up my PSP Go asap Thanksgiving day! XD

bread's done
Back