$50 off new PSP Go at Target (Coupon at Carl's Jr/Hardees)

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hey all, didn't see this posted but stopped by Carl's Jr for lunch today and noticed they are selling a keychain of the car from the upcoming Green Hornet movie for $1.99 and it comes with a little coupon book. One of the coupons is $50 off a PSP Go at Target (Expires 2/28/11). I'm assuming these are the same coupons at both Carl's Jr and Hardees since some of the food coupons are for both restaurants.

All the coupons included:
$10 off at efxusa.com (using code greenhornet2011 / Valid till 4/20/2011)
20% off at teleflora.com/hornet (Valid till 3/31/2011
$50 off PSP Go system at Target (In store coupon good till 2/28/11)
$3 off select Sony Blu-rays at Amazon (use code GRHORNET at checkout / good till 1/31/11). [As of the time of posting this, the link on the coupon won't work for me, but the code might work on some Sony Blu-Rays)
$3 off Grown Ups or The Other Guys DVD/Blu Ray. (Coupon you can use in store, or use code COMEDYS3 on Amazon / Good till 2/13/11)
$10 off any W-Series Sony Cyber-Shot Camera at www.sonystyle.com/thegreenhornet (Use code green hornet / good 12/1/10-2/11/2011)
Free Medium Drink with any grilled chicken salad (Carl's Jr till 3/31/2011)
Free Small Fries and Drink with any six dollar burger (Carl's Jr till 3/31/2011)
Free Small Fries and Drink with and 1/3lb. Thickburger (Hardees till 3/31/2011)
$1 off Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders Combo (Hardees till 3/31/2011)

Hopefully no one posted this because I'd be pissed that I just typed all this out, otherwise here's to hoping for a major sale on the PSP Go at Target!

I've used a manufacturer's coupon after price match at Target before for Blur. I've never tried it with a Target coupon, but it shouldn't be any different. I'll definitely be picking this up with all the sales on the PSN going on not to mention Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank and Socom that comes packed in.

[quote name='IzzyF3']I've used a manufacturer's coupon after price match at Target before for Blur. I've never tried it with a Target coupon, but it shouldn't be any different. [/QUOTE]

Except that it IS different.
http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400
Can I use coupons when price matching?

A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guests presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:

Manufacturer Coupons:
Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.

Target Coupons:
Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

[quote name='DarthWar']:cry: It says it's Target Coupon. Will they still price match?[/QUOTE]

It's a manufacturer coupon valid only at Target.

Buy the go with the coupon.
Take the receipt to customer service with the Kmart ad for a pm.
Worse case, if they do not pm, just return it.

I have done this with blu rays and had no problem (even when using 2 coupons for one movie).

In this case, I would rather have the original $50 coupon as the local franchisee is not participating in the promo and supposedly owns all stores in the state.

[quote name='DarthWar']The Go is going to sell out at Target if the rumor is true-CFW coming soon.[/QUOTE]

I hope it doesn't, unless it's made in such a way where it doesn't make it so simple to pirate games like on the other PSP's.

[quote name='whoknows']I hope it doesn't, unless it's made in such a way where it doesn't make it so simple to pirate games like on the other PSP's.[/QUOTE]

Well that would be the entire reason for buying a Go. Not for downloading software I don't own, but for the ability to play ISOs of UMDs that I do own which are not available on digital format. For me that includes the remakes of Final Fantasy 1 and 2, as well as Breath of Fire 3.

[quote name='raarar']$3 off select Sony Blu-rays at Amazon (use code GRHORNET at checkout / good till 1/31/11). [As of the time of posting this, the link on the coupon won't work for me, but the code might work on some Sony Blu-Rays)[/QUOTE]

Does it list some of the select titles in the coupon book by chance? Or do we have to wait for the Amazon.com/hornet link to work.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Well that would be the entire reason for buying a Go. Not for downloading software I don't own, but for the ability to play ISOs of UMDs that I do own which are not available on digital format. For me that includes the remakes of Final Fantasy 1 and 2, as well as Breath of Fire 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm sure a lot of people would say they'll only play games they own on UMD, but realistically, it's not going to happen. Not saying you would be pirating, but 99% of people using it would be.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah. I'm sure a lot of people would say they'll only play games they own on UMD, but realistically, it's not going to happen. Not saying you would be pirating, but 99% of people using it would be.[/QUOTE]

That's the nature of the beast

Still no dice here on the matchbox car and coupon book.
I've seen drink cups, my wife even saw a miniature Green Hornet mask but no car/coupon book.:bomb:

Found the coupon at my local Hardees /Red Burritto. Now it is time to wait for Target to drop the price of the PSP Go to $150.

Had to send an e-mail to corporate, but the district manager is picking one up for me. Bringing it to Louisville from St Louis. Sweet!

Well I got the coupon... but I've been giving it some thought and I think that until CFW gets released, I can't really justify the purchase. I've got way too many UMDs, and with no solution from Sony, CFW is the only real answer. No way I am rebuying games digitally - unless they are dirt cheap and/or we get confirmation that PSP2 will play them.

Its possible at sub $100 w/coupon I might still grab a Go. It is really sexy compared to my 1000, but I would feel dumb with that and a shelf full of UMDs.

-

Just got Target to price match Gamestops 149.99 price and was able to use coupon. Brand New PSPgo for $107:)

Make sure to bring GS ad.

Are there any Carls' Jr in PORTLAND OREGON selling the keychain wi/coupon book? I called a few, but was unsuccessful in finding one that was selling the keychain.

[quote name='stryker']Are there any Carls' Jr in PORTLAND OREGON selling the keychain wi/coupon book? I called a few, but was unsuccessful in finding one that was selling the keychain.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried just printing off the scan of the coupon on Page 4 of this thread? Worked for my Target, and I'm only a few miles away from you over in Hillsboro. =P

Managed to get the coupon printout to work without any problems. (SF Bay Area) Just had the clerk scanned the printout and got the price. But it is just as the PM policy states, you'll just get the cheaper one, no stacking. (Brought the Radioshack circular to try to PM, then coupon, only the cheaper one applies) So I paid 168.xx after CA sales tax.

[quote name='djricekcn']What 149.99 from Gamestop? i can't find the ad anywhere[/QUOTE]

That was last week.

No luck with the scanned coupon at my Target. It printed really big and I'm low on ink so it was kind of faded. He tried scanning a few times. And manually typing in the numbers 2 or 3 times. Finally the other cashier said if it wont scan we can't take it. Might refill my printer ink and try again. They had 5 in the case. Don't see them going anywhere soon.

[quote name='Vader582']Radio Shack's Sunday print ad shows the PSP Go for $150 if people are still trying to go the price match route at Target.[/QUOTE]

oh nice. did you get the ad from the store? or did you get it in the mail?

[quote name='Beefyheart']oh nice. did you get the ad from the store? or did you get it in the mail?[/QUOTE]
Sunday paper. I'd guess it may be available in-store as well.

[quote name='Dranakin']I still can’t decide if I should jump on the PM + coupon or save up for the 3DS…[/QUOTE]

I don't know? To each his own, but this doesn't seem like positive momentum before it's even out of the gate.

$100 (or $150 if you can't get a PM and use the coupon) and you can enjoy it now
vs
gambling $250 later

Personally I'd spring for both, just don't get the 3DS at launch.

[quote name='Vader582']I don't know? To each his own, but this doesn't seem like positive momentum before it's even out of the gate.

$100 (or $150 if you can't get a PM and use the coupon) and you can enjoy it now
vs
gambling $250 later

Personally I'd spring for both, just don't get the 3DS at launch.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, you’re right on the spending $250 front, though I don’t think 3DS will be a gamble since I already have a healthy DS library. Rather, that you know there will be a hardware revision (if not multiple) down the line.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmm, you’re right on the spending $250 front, though I don’t think 3DS will be a gamble since I already have a healthy DS library. Rather, that you know there will be a hardware revision (if not multiple) down the line.[/QUOTE]
I meant gamble in the sense that if you have a working DS and the 3DS doesn't take off, there's not much incentive to get one. But you are right. There will no doubt be a couple of revisions.

I would be completely shocked if the 3DS is anything but a massive hit. I know my folks sure as hell wouldn't have bought me a $250 handheld when I was 6. I don't think real young kids are the target market here.

[quote name='z-money']I would be completely shocked if the 3DS is anything but a massive hit. I know my folks sure as hell wouldn't have bought me a $250 handheld when I was 6. I don't think real young kids are the target market here.[/QUOTE]

virtboy1.jpg

It's unlikely but possible. :D

The pricetag and the child warning (which is just bad PR and there's potential for misinformation) are not going to help.
Soccer-moms see Mario/Nintendo and automatically want to give it to their child.

[quote name='Vader582']
virtboy1.jpg

It's unlikely but possible. :D

The pricetag and the child warning (which is just bad PR and there's potential for misinformation) are not going to help.
Soccer-moms see Mario/Nintendo and automatically want to give it to their child.[/QUOTE]

Are you really comparing the 3DS to The Virtual Boy? Wow, now I've seen everything.

[quote name='SteveGo']Are you really comparing the 3DS to The Virtual Boy? Wow, now I've seen everything.[/QUOTE]
Well, it was mainly a joke but nothing is written in stone where success is concerned.
Are you really upset because I questioned your favorite game company? Wow, now I've seen everything.

[quote name='Vader582']Well, it was mainly a joke but nothing is written in stone where success is concerned.
Are you really upset because I questioned your favorite game company? Wow, now I've seen everything.[/QUOTE]

Who said I was upset? And who said Nintendo was my favorite game company? Looks like someone's been using their "Jump to Conclusions" mat.

[quote name='Vader582']Well, it was mainly a joke but nothing is written in stone where success is concerned.
Are you really upset because I questioned your favorite game company? Wow, now I've seen everything.[/QUOTE]

Paying for a 3DS isn't a gamble......

anybody can predict that it will be the fastest selling Handheld ever...or it will be highly succesful. There is no questioning it.

Damn. I went to Carl's Jr. for six dollar burger meal, radioshack to buy some batteries and somehow ended up at Target later with a $100 off on brand new PSP Go. Freakin impulse, I swear! Now to get rid of every UMDs...

Anyone try PM at Target with a computer printout of the Radio Shack weekly ad? I didn't find it in my Sunday paper.

The last time I saw a RS ad was on Black Friday, I didn't even know they distributed an ad in the Sunday paper.

I'll have to stop by RS later tomorrow and see if they have an ad. Luckily my local Target is less than 2 miles from RS.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Have you tried just printing off the scan of the coupon on Page 4 of this thread? Worked for my Target, and I'm only a few miles away from you over in Hillsboro. =P[/QUOTE]

I have not tried using a printout of the coupon yet. Good to know you were able to get the deal with the coupon printout. With both price matching and using the coupon, I'd thought it would best to have the original coupon. If I can't get the original, I'll give the printout a try. Thanks.

[quote name='CalamityX1']Has the PM + coupon method worked for anyone?[/QUOTE]

I have both the Radio Shack ad + the coupon in my possession atm. I'll try them at my local Target later this week and update then. I did get a really nice White PSP Go used at my GS today tho, pretty excited by that.

[quote name='gunstar808']I have both the Radio Shack ad + the coupon in my possession atm. I'll try them at my local Target later this week and update then. I did get a really nice White PSP Go used at my GS today tho, pretty excited by that.[/QUOTE]
lucky :(

Is there any trick to getting Target to price match + coupon?

Or just have them price match it, and 'then' use the coupon, and hope for the best?

I got one yesterday. Bought the coupon book at Carl's Jr for $1.99 + tax. Then headed over to Radioshack to get the flyer. Last stop was at Target for the price match + coupon. $100 off and I was out the door.

I've been sitting on this sweet keychain and coupon ever since the OP posted about this. I dropped by this Target a few days back, saw a white PSPgo and asked one of the guys to check the price and see if it was on clearance... $249.99, GTFO Target!

I've been sitting on this sweet keychain and coupon ever since the OP posted about this. I dropped by this Target a few days back, saw a white PSPgo and asked one of the guys to check the price and see if it was on clearance...
$249.99, GTFO Target!

bread's done
Back