Cache: 8MB
Average Seek Time: 12ms
Average Latency: 5.6ms
RPM: 5400 RPM
Physical Spec Form Factor 2.5"
Features:Three-platter Half-terabyte for Note PC
Standard 9.5mm Z-height

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get their order cancelled? I can't see any discernible reason as to why it did, but I do find it funny that all of a sudden the price has jumped back up to $150. Luckily the Seagate drive is still $100, so I'll try again with that one (this is my first experience with Newegg, and so far not so good).

Does this void your PS3 warranty?
How long is a standard PS3 warranty?
Basically I'm asking this: If my PS3 bricks, will Sony replace it if 1) wasn't modded with a new HD? 2) was modded with a new HD?
Any warranty info would be helpful. Thanks.

[quote name='Rockgamer']Did anyone else get their order cancelled? I can't see any discernible reason as to why it did, but I do find it funny that all of a sudden the price has jumped back up to $150. Luckily the Seagate drive is still $100, so I'll try again with that one (this is my first experience with Newegg, and so far not so good).[/quote]

I believe newegg will cancel your order if your CC billing and shipping address don't match. I know at least they used to do this, not sure about current policy because I always just use paypal now.

More space for my ps3
smiley3.jpg

[quote name='momomchine']Does this void your PS3 warranty?
How long is a standard PS3 warranty?
Basically I'm asking this: If my PS3 bricks, will Sony replace it if 1) wasn't modded with a new HD? 2) was modded with a new HD?
Any warranty info would be helpful. Thanks.[/quote]

Not only does upgrading the hard drive of the PS3 not void your warranty, Sony themselves supply you with the instructions on how to do so, both in the PS3 manual and on their website. It is an officially supported aspect of the PS3. Hell, they even label the drive bay, which is easy to open up. If they didn't want people tinkering with it, they wouldn't have given us such easy access.

[quote name='brighenne']I believe newegg will cancel your order if your CC billing and shipping address don't match. I know at least they used to do this, not sure about current policy because I always just use paypal now.[/QUOTE]

I did have different addresses for billing and shipping, so maybe that was the problem. I should probably change it for the new order I put in before they raise the price on this one too. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Ugh, as soon as I cancelled the price went up $20! I'm starting to get really tired of this site, and they're not making a good impression on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sixteenvolt420']My 80gb is almost full, just from gamesaves and psn store downloads. When the samsung drops down to about $100, i'm all over it.[/QUOTE]

it was 100 for the last few days i guess you missed it. ordered 2 from newegg for 99.99 each free shipping.

[quote name='jackoman']anybody know about the manufacturer warranty if any? newegg only offers 30 days return policy for this drive which has me worried.[/quote]

Its 30 days, thats all you get with OEM drives and most OEM parts in general. The only exception i've ever seen is the WD Raptors where the OEMs and Retail drives were both covered for 5 years.

[quote name='b0bby']it was 100 for the last few days i guess you missed it. ordered 2 from newegg for 99.99 each free shipping.[/quote]

yeah, i missed it. I couldn't afford it right now anyways. I'm broke after amazon on black friday. Xmas is coming though....

bread's done
Back