5000 Microsoft Points for $35? Is this legit, guys?

ericsmithrocks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Hey there CAGs.

So I've been trying to find cheap XBLA points, and went over to eBay. Found some listers selling 5000 points for $35.

http://bit.ly/I6IGc
http://bit.ly/LJvhi

It mentions buying a Silver Account, which has the points on it. What's the deal with this? Seems like it'd be a pain to register an extra Gamertag just for the points, but I dunno... maybe it couuuld be worth it.

Anyone ever do this before?

[quote name='ericsmithrocks']Hey there CAGs.

So I've been trying to find cheap XBLA points, and went over to eBay. Found some listers selling 5000 points for $35.

http://bit.ly/I6IGc
http://bit.ly/LJvhi

It mentions buying a Silver Account, which has the points on it. What's the deal with this? Seems like it'd be a pain to register an extra Gamertag just for the points, but I dunno... maybe it couuuld be worth it.

Anyone ever do this before?[/QUOTE]

Wow. That means there selling a actual account with the points on it which is more than likely stolen, and is also against ms terms of service.

Don't buy them, it's stolen.

They steal an account, use the Credit Card information to buy the points, then sell the accounts. Usually they say the points must be used within 72 hours, this is because Microsoft will see it or get the report and ban/block the account.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Are you kidding me? You actually have to ask if this is legit?[/QUOTE]

Way to be a douche.

Thanks JMan and Mission. Had no idea it was a violation of service kind of thing, or that they could potentially be stolen. Won't be buying these. :)

wow this guy is violating several rules/policies. Obviously stolen account and/or CC info. Selling online accounts. Getting out of ebay fees. This guy should be reported.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I deleted the gamertag but it was ArrivingC.[/QUOTE]

when you deleted the gt could you still play the games you downloaded?

[quote name='gcash81001']when you deleted the gt could you still play the games you downloaded?[/QUOTE]

Yea. Looks like the only drawback is if I wanted to re-download them I wouldn't be able to because I purchased them with the GT I deleted.

[quote name='gcash81001']when you deleted the gt could you still play the games you downloaded?[/QUOTE]

The games save to the hard drive and can be played on whatever profile on the system.

[quote name='mission42']The games save to the hard drive and can be played on whatever profile on the system.[/QUOTE]

But is it true that if this xbox ever red rings, then you lose the license to play it, or can you transfer the license to a new xbox (that once a year transfer deal they have)?

This sounds like the deal that someone did with my Gamer Tag, My windows Live ID got hacked and they stole my account, bought 10,000 MS points and sold the account. I've yet to get my refund on the $132.00 it hit my Debit card for.

These jerks make me want to puke.

It takes MS a month+ to get a stolen account fixed. I've been out my Tag for that time.

Don't buy this crap. Save someone else this headache. :whistle2:(

[quote name='EchaniDrgn']This sounds like the deal that someone did with my Gamer Tag, My windows Live ID got hacked and they stole my account, bought 10,000 MS points and sold the account. I've yet to get my refund on the $132.00 it hit my Debit card for.

[/QUOTE]

Even if your Windows Live account was hacked there is no connection to your credit card information. Assuming that the thief wasn't someone you know and you didn't do something foolish like enter your information on a publicly accessible PC, then the credit card number was stolen first. Then using your name they located your windows live account (made easy for them by the scummy retailers that sell email addresses of their customers) and either guessed your pw or pw reset info.

To avoid this kind of problem use pass phrases not simple passwords, and do not use the Windows Live email address to buy stuff except from very secure vendors like Amazon, Microsoft etc, where they are not tempted to sell your info.

Old thread but figured I'd post anyway. I've purchased one of these before, it was like an account with 10,000 MS Points on it, and a lot of other things, like full rank in COD: WAW, COD: 4, and some other stuff, and like 10 months of Xbox Live Gold. I didn't buy it to use it, just for the MS Points because it was only $50 and I figured I'd just download a lot of stuff and use on my account.

After I recovered it I looked in the CC info and it had someones name and stuff in it so I went on Myspace and looked up the name and found someone, contacted him and asked if his account had been stolen, he replied back and said yes and that he's been in contact with Microsoft so he gave me his reference number for them. So I gave him his account back, and then gave him all the info of the eBay seller and he gave it to Microsoft.

Shortly later the seller refunded my money and said he gave some stuff to this guy for the accounts, like some accounts on some PC games or something and the guy gave him a couple of Xbox Live accounts, and he told me he had no idea and asked me to tell the guy that he refunded and what not. I still don't know if he was telling the truth or just trying to save his ass because earlier he told me "I'll have more of these in a couple week if you want to buy again." So I didn't really see it as something that would've been a one time trade off, and he didn't know they were stolen.

Anyway, got my money refunded, and the guy got his account back, in fact, he's one of my better friend on Xbox Live now, and Microsoft said thanks for turning him in and giving all the info on the eBay seller because they never really catch these guys and they said that info would really help. So, I urge any of you people that purchased these accounts to look in the CC section and look the person up on Myspace or Facebook with their name and zipcode, and then contact MS and report the eBay seller.

Also, I think the $35 account your buying is from someone who purchased it for $25 off another site I know, (don't want to mention it because I don't want to attract buyers to it seeing is it's probably pretty illegal), but they sell 5000 point accounts for $25, and 10,000 point accounts for $48. They'll sell you like a silver account with like nothing on it, no gamerscore, CC info, or played games, but if you look in the info they'll give a name and address of some random person, and I got one of these once as I really wanted some MS Points and same thing. Found the person on Myspace again but profile was unaccessed for like a year or so, so I just reported to Microsoft. So, any one that purchased these, try to report to Microsoft if you can.

I believe the people selling these are the same people that were selling the 4000 point cards for $25 a piece, and a lot of people were saying that those were purchased from Amazon with stolen CC's and then sold really cheap, and they probably just found it to be a better option to start purchasing with the stolen CC's straight through Xbox. Although, I'm not sure how they get the CC info and all that removed from the account.

Still, I wouldn't buy from any of these, and if you have already you should probably report to Microsoft. Also, to the person saying that the only downside is if you have to re-download the stuff you can't, wouldn't you always just be able to recover the deleted account if you need to re-download something and download it fast? And the same thing goes for switching licenses...if you get a new console couldn't you just recover the Gamertag and transfer the licenses over and delete it again? Not that I'm condoning this at all, just wondering about that.

Today was the first time I noticed these eBay auctions, and I'm really glad this thread came up when I was doing a Google search. In my opinion, buying one of these accounts is tantamount to accepting stolen goods.

Yea, I guess I'm part of the problem because I bought some more of these a couple of weeks ago. XBLA games for less than half-price is just too tempting.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Yea, I guess I'm part of the problem because I bought some more of these a couple of weeks ago. XBLA games for less than half-price is just too tempting.[/QUOTE]

I'd laugh when your xbox is banned for it

Technically buying this is against the law, and as such you shouldn't do it. Plus you're funding these goons which that in itself should get you to not want to buy them.

[quote name='Anhmeister']If you bought one of these accounts it really is only a matter of time before your 360 is banned.[/QUOTE]

I bought some awhile back, haven't been banned. Every time I've bought them, it has been from an eBay featured seller, so if this is illegal, eBay is at fault. I'm not sure how this works, but I don't think these are stolen accounts.

I don't trust these kind of "deals". A co-worker got his 360 on Live recently and asked what I thought about this since he saw the auctions too. Either they stole the account or they used a generator for Live points. Not exactly legal.

And as the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

There's an auction in ebay selling points and putting it directly to your account not the same as the silver account with points that others are selling. The problem is you need to give them your windows live id and password because they want to redeem it themselves for the reason of having a buyer saying it'd not been redeem even if it does.

Are this people also an illegal seller or they just want to to be safe and avoid those kind of buyers?

Sounds like they are trying to get you to pay them to steal your account. You'd have to be pretty foolish to fall for something like that.

[quote name='Jut']Sounds like they are trying to get you to pay them to steal your account. You'd have to be pretty foolish to fall for something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't buy from that seller and now he got banned from ebay. But there are others who also sell the same 10,000 points but the only difference is the points they're selling does not expire after 7 days.

Are all of this really came from a stolen account or there are really an existing silver account redeemable card which is legit?

Thanks for all the info guys. My buddy just bought one and was all excited about it and was going to hook me up with the seller so I could get one. Of course it sounded too good to be true and after a few google searches on the topic it lead me back here to get the best info from keeping me buying an account.

bread's done
Back