60GB PlayStation 3 at Meijer, $449.99

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Well, I went to Meijer today and saw the 60GB PS3 is there and priced at $449.99, with a temporary price drop until late December. If Meijer has one of their 15% sales when using your Meijer Mastercard, you can $382.49, and even less if its 20%.

I don't know if the 60GB PS3 came with anything though.

If I have the money, I might be tempted to buy another PS3 at that price (only have a 20GB now).

Just wanted to let those know about this who live in KY, MI, OH, IL, and IN where a Meijer is nearby.

Mana Knight, that's funny because I rushed out and bought one when they first dropped to $500 and got 30% off with first purchase and 20% using the Meijer Credit Card to get for $360 (You automatically get 10% with your first purchase with the Credit Card). But, the percentages don't combine you would get the 20% off first then 10% off of what the price is after that.

So for example, 20% of $450 is $90 so the price is now $360 then you would get another 10% with your first credit purchase which is $36 so your total before tax would be $324 which isn't bad if you want a 60GB instead of the 80GB.

Compare:
80GB for $499.99 just to get Motostorm as a add-in plus less BC
vs.
60GB for $324 with almost full BC
That my friends is cheapest route to go for the better 60GB. You got to love Meijer being in the Midwest.

Damn, I just realized why they did this, too. The 80GB is now $499.99 but Sony is also suppose to be coming out the 40GB with Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray edition for $399.99 this week. Still would rather have the 60GB because of Backwards Compatibility.

No free game or controller. In this case, BB deal is probably easier to get (no special card or Meijer sale needed) and slightly better or dead even.

Convenience - BB

Pure price - Meijer

I picked one up for $449.99 last week in Canada at Rogers Video, I think the price of the 60GB is 449.99 now in Canada

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Are 60gb going to be difficult to find anytime soon? (December)?[/QUOTE]
I think they will be tough to find starting next month...a couple of stores I have gone to have already gone through their stock.

they are going very fast, they are not even available @ gamestop.com anymore.

Interesting, Best Buy has switched to "limited availability" for in-store pickup on the 60gb instead of "available in most stores". Makes me think people are finally realising the time is now to buy if you want BC. (i.e., Sony's trick to artificially boost demand is working!)

I have a feeling 60GBs will be available for a while-- look at how you can still find new 20GB units if you look really, really hard-- but we're probably getting close to the end of being able to walk into almost any store and have a chance to see them. Probably by the end of the year the situation will be like the 20GBs that most stores are sold out but some still have stock.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Are 60gb going to be difficult to find anytime soon? (December)?[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if they were hard to find by December. Also, J. Granmole sucks. How do we go about recalling her?

"[quote name='websterRJH']I wish I had to money for this, I would jump on this in a heartbeat![/quote]"

I have the money and I'm too far away from any of these stores....

bread's done
Back