64gb vita memory cards available at GameStop $116.99

doc_j88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Ive noticed in my area the GameStops are selling 64gb Vita memory cards.

The associate checked and said that all the gamestops had at least one in stock.

I inspected the package and the card is "brand new" in Japanese packaging (i know because ive imported two 64gb cards) but being sold as Gstop used.

Good chance to go local instead of trying to import.

[quote name="Eternal Session" post="11822682" timestamp="1402183258"]What horrible prices. I am glad I got a few cards cheap a few months ago. Picked up about 3 4GB ones at Best Buy for $7, got a 16GB from Gamestop for $20, and got a 32 GB one at Best Buy for $45. I do not even own a Vita. I am waiting for the third model to come out. The second has a terrible screen and the first is inferior to the second save for the screen, so I will wait for the third model.[/quote]

... Kmart is selling the 4gb cards for like a buck fiddy. I own a Vita and won't even bother buying those. They are utterly useless. I have a 16gb card that I got cheap, used once, and never used it again.

Switching cards in the Vita is such a painfully long process. It just makes the pain of trying to use multiple smaller cards actually worse than biting the bullet and taking out a second mortgage for a single good size card.

They have?

$100 is what the 32gb used to cost.
Right. But they haven't dropped in price nearly enough. Sure they used to cost $100, but that doesn't mean you're getting a 'deal' paying $80.

I got my brand new 32gb card for $40, after waiting almost 2 years for the right sale, and I jumped on it. Even then, I paid 2-3x what standard memory costs.

I'll buy a 64gb when I can get it for $75 new, even though that's STILL 4x what it should cost.

Horrible price. But as much as I hate managing memory space I would have bought one if I hadn't just bought a 32 gb a few weeks back.

Digital is soooo stupid. 1. you have to pay for the digital storage. 2. you have to pay for the digital download. 3. you have to pay for an internet connection. 4. you have to wait until the download is completed and time value = money. 5. you have to pay for the electricity that the internet connection and your vita are using up while downloading. If you add that all up that's a lot more than buying physical media and if you ever sell your vita you are screwed. Digital download may be the future but it's stupid as hell.
Sparkle actually has some fair points here. The first point wouldn't be that valid if the storage space wasn't so expensive. The downloads themselves at times are more expensive than the collective card cost in terms of all you can store on it. Even when it's free that can be the case because some of them are so freaking big.
I disagree with sparkle's 4th point but I think his third does have merit when you consider the size of the games and the bullshit bandwidth caps companies like TW and AT&T have been doing. You end up paying more per gig. based upon how much you've gone over. Supposedly TW axed it but I haven't heard of AT&T or Comcast axing theirs for their respective Cable and Fiber serivces. Based upon seeing most peoples comments on here on downloading digital I imagine some of you are close to or have broken those caps many times. I'm so glad I have an ISP with no bandwidth caps, in fact I looked for one specifically with that catch(no, it's not Google Fiber either).

Didn't know that the Vita memory transferring process was such a hassle.  If it is as annoying as the PSP.  I think I will save my money for the 64GB.  A 128GB would be nice still.

That's interesting.
How did they get into the import accessory business.

Don't question his fake excuse.
I don't see how not buying a memory for 100 dollars is not a valid excuse.

I would only buy a vita if memory cards were as cheap as the microsd counterpart with the same memory capacity, like a kingston that's worth only 25 dollars.

And you can't even hack the damn thing yet, so I'll be sticking with my PSP for now.

I don't see how not buying a memory for 100 dollars is not a valid excuse.

I would only buy a vita if memory cards were as cheap as the microsd counterpart with the same memory capacity, like a kingston that's worth only 25 dollars.

And you can't even hack the damn thing yet, so I'll be sticking with my PSP for now.
Because he doesn't have to buy a $100 memory card to use the Vita.

People like You are the reason we have to pay these silly prices
I just got the PSP recently, like 3 months ago. It was used so its not like my purchase counted.

Besides, I can't be buying too many games since the Wii U and 3DS are taking all my money.

I mean he doesn't need the biggest card available possible to use the Vita. Especially if he goes mainly physical.
Why would you go physical when they offer you all those games on PSN? Besides, what kind of respectable neckbeard would go to a gamestop to buy the latest "Panty Adventure Quest" game out for the vita, when he can do it from the safety of his house?

Besides, I can't be buying too many games since the Wii U and 3DS are taking all my money.
Well this is CAG & there`s plenty of ways to acquire a large backlog with actually spending large amounts of money. It`s like card counting bet big when the time is right.

Target pm+ $1 reserve, GCU, PUR, BB B2G1 used = time is right.
Even with overpriced memory if you can turn $100 into $200 it really lessens the blow prey on non CAG for resales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the PSP recently, like 3 months ago. It was used so its not like my purchase counted.

That's rough that you are tapped after buying all four worthwhile games on the Wii U

That's rough that you are tapped after buying all four worthwhile games on the Wii U
He also said he had a 3ds so nice try at some lame joke that "Wii U is doomed" or "Wii U has no games! OMG!". Those jokes are getting pretty old.

ON TOPIC, absolutely ridiculous price of these cards. Although you probably don't need 64 gb unless you're part of PSN+.

[quote name="GBAstar" post="11825488" timestamp="1402286999"]That's rough that you are tapped after buying all four worthwhile games on the Wii U[/quote]Let's see...

Lego City Undercover
Super Mario 3D world
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
New Super Mario Bros. U /Luigi U
Zombi U
Wind Waker HD
Nintendo Land

Do you have a Wii U?

... Kmart is selling the 4gb cards for like a buck fiddy. I own a Vita and won't even bother buying those. They are utterly useless. I have a 16gb card that I got cheap, used once, and never used it again. Switching cards in the Vita is such a painfully long process. It just makes the pain of trying to use multiple smaller cards actually worse than biting the bullet and taking out a second mortgage for a single good size card.
I realized a while back that buying the 4GB ones was a stupid idea. I do not even know why I mentioned them. My Kmarts do not have any more 4GB Vita cards anyway.

ON TOPIC, absolutely ridiculous price of these cards. Although you probably don't need 64 gb unless you're part of PSN+.
If the high prices have any effect on curbing piracy, they are absolutely justified in my opinion. If you have PS+, you won't be paying for games anyway. Two games per month in addition to the regular steep discounts counts for a lot.

One positive thing that could come out of this is that if these cards are easily available at Gamestop, prices from eBay and Amazon come down. One can only hope.

bread's done
Back