7-11 selling Batman/Halo 3/others for $29.99.. YMMV

Wow. Fallout 3 for $15.00 and I would jump on it like a lion on wildebeast. Would also like to see WaW for that price, although I wouldn't buy it.

I think I will have to call and see first, before I go out and about.

I confirmed this over the phone in the Tampa, FL area. Although no store was carrying BatmanAA. I did see Fallout for $15 though.

The following store still has a couple copies of Fallout 3 (PS3) and Gears of War 2 for $20:

7-ELEVEN (#33669) 1928 BATTLEFIELD BLVD. N. CHESAPEAKE , Virginia 23324

Also, further illustrating the YMMV aspect of this, I was at the the Broad Creek 7/11 on Military Hwy Norfolk, VA a couple weeks ago and they were offering 50% off of there already 25% off. This brought the games down to $18.49. They had a couple copies of Fallout 3 for PS3 but that was about it.

[quote name='ndshide']I can confirm as I saw it at an Elkhart, IN 7-11.[/QUOTE]

which one(s) in Elkhart? I'm in fort wayne and debating whether or not its worth the drive.....

I'm not really sure which 7/11 it was (somewhere between williamsport, MD and Martinsburg, WV), but I ended up picking COD:WAW at $30 after putting it off for so long. They also had Gears 2 and Smackdown vs Raw 2009. There's some other stores in that area that I know sell games (or at least were last month in that one sale) but didn't check them only due to it being an impulse decision for the one.

checked 3 more stores in Orlando, FL and not one had the discounted price. the employees all said that the discount applied only to PS2 games :(

[quote name='MetalDragonKing']Awesome deal on Batman. You can trade it in to Toys R Us for $43.60
[/QUOTE]
Or Amazon for $41.50!

I called about 10 stores in the Tacoma area & all but one said they didn't sell PS3 games. One said they were all out. When I used to retrofit gas stations 10 years ago, I found the middle eastern owners the easiest to deal with.

You know what, from what I hear smaller towns are cashing on this but larger cities (California, some Florida) aren't scoring the same deal? This could come back to my idea that big cities pretty much suck 90% of the time for awesome deals.

I called about 7 7-11's most didnt know if they even sold videogames or told me they dont one did and it was not discounted

[quote name='nervousxtian']:applause: Claps for the Racist! :applause:

This is Cheapassgamers, not Racistassgamers.[/QUOTE]

Since when was "not english" a race?

Swung by 7-11 to grab some beer on the way home tonight.

They had

:ps3: :360: Call of Duty: World at War - $39.99
:360: Gears of War 2 - $39.99
:ps3: :360: Batman - $52.99
:ps3: :360: Fallout 3 - $39.99

This was in Virginia Beach, VA.

Since all these stores are franchised, it would be up to the owner/operator to make such a discount as the one stated above so this is the most extreme YMMV.

Also, most 7-Elevens have STOPPED selling video games altogether because of getting stuck with so much stock.

This is a one-off deal and nobody but the OP may actually get this deal unless he told some of his friends in his local area.

A surprising amount of 7/11's don't even carry games. I can't help but :rofl: when I hear an employee say they don't know if they carry games. Yes, it is very difficult to see a big shelf of games next to you??

went to a couple more 7-11s this am and no one spoke english so when i asked about games they tried to sell me beef jerkey!

Went to stores in Clearwater, Largo, St Pete and ALL had various games 50%. One even had The Sims 3.

NO ONE had Madden10 which is what I wanted :(

The games were:
360:

Fallout 3
Batman
Transformers
Halo Wars

Madden 09 Wii

PC:
WoW: Lich King
Sims 3

[quote name='RMThompson']Went to stores in Clearwater, Largo, St Pete and ALL had various games 50%. One even had The Sims 3.

NO ONE had Madden10 which is what I wanted :(

The games were:
360:

Fallout 3
Batman
Transformers
Halo Wars

Madden 09 Wii

PC:
WoW: Lich King
Sims 3[/QUOTE]

Which had Batman, I live in the area.

[quote name='Galego23']then physically get your ass up and go look for yourself.. if you really are that interested you would.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm with the other guy. I'm not going to drive around in 95 degree weather in SoCal when I can just call; but it's true--I've called five stores so far and three of them it's like talking to a cat to get them to understand what you're asking for.

I went to about six different 7-11's this afternoon. 3 didn't sell games at all, 2 were selling them 25% off certain games and one had all games 50% but Madden 10. So I picked up COD: WaW (360) for $18.99. They also had Fallout 3, RE5, 007 and Street Fighter 4 but I already own all of them.

[quote name='learjetz']Which had Batman, I live in the area.[/QUOTE]

Seminole on Starkey and Park

and

Belcher and East Bay Drive.

(BTW know anywhere to get a copy of Madden 10 on the cheap? I have a Guitar Hero 5 sealed for trade! :) )

in boston, at 1306 WASHINGTON ST. across peters park, there is only 3 360 fallout3 and 2 ps3 fallout3 for $30. there is only 2 more title in this store, which is halo wars for 45 and madden for full price.

I actually called one back home in the midwest, found an American woman who worked there, and she went so far as to take my name and phone number to give to her manager who would call around for me to some other stores on my behalf. Pretty amazing customer service for a 7-11 I must say.

Now all I have to hope for is finding one.

I went to three 7-11s by me and none of them had anything. Pretty bust out deal for me and I don't think I'll check any others as it seems like a wild goose chase.

[quote name='causticpork']several stores in orlando area have these games on sale, falloutt 3, call of duty WaW, Batman: AA, UFC Undisputed 2009, Ghostbusters, plus a few more I can't remember[/QUOTE]

Which stores?

Me: Hi, do you guy's have video games on sale right now?
7-11 Lady: Hello? Yes?
Me: Yes, do you have any games on sale?
7-11 Lady: ...
Me: Hello?
7-11 Lady: Yes, hello?
Me: Do you guys have games?
7-11 Lady: Hello, which one?
Me: Batman.
7-11 Lady: Ok yes, is that cigarette?
Me: No, it's a game.
7-11 Lady: Yes, I don't know. *hangs up*

New deals
in TX, austin

$24.99
Gears Of War 2
Halo 3
Madden 9
007 the new one that sucks
Fallout

BATMAN

WTF

i just want batman ass fckers

[quote name='GrimOne']Me: Hi, do you guy's have video games on sale right now?
7-11 Lady: Yes, I don't know. *hangs up*[/QUOTE]

HAHAH! I had a conversation like that too with some redneck. I was asking for "xbox 360 video games." I kept having to repeat myself until I finally said it really slowly and as clear as I could. He then said, "I dont even know what that is!"

hahahah thanks for the laugh

[quote name='TheBiz']When did 7-11 start selling games?[/QUOTE]

Like 2 years ago. I believe it started with Halo 3.

Just called a store about 15 minutes away from me who said, although it was hard to understand, that there was one left. When I asked him to ring it up, he said it rung up for 29.99. Now I just have to decide whether tomorrow the trip will be worth it with the possiblilty of going there and finding out it got sold.

[quote name='causticpork']several stores in orlando area have these games on sale, falloutt 3, call of duty WaW, Batman: AA, UFC Undisputed 2009, Ghostbusters, plus a few more I can't remember[/QUOTE]
7-11 on Kirkman/LB McLeod has Halo Wars 50% off...I asked 'em to scan it so I would know the price and it comes up $47.xx lol

yeah it's extremely YMMV and as someone pointed out the "bigger market" cities don't have it.

I tried 5 different 7/11s, 4 didn't even sell videogames the 5th did and it was only 25% off and all they had was Halo Wars and Street Fighter IV

I had a similar situation. I wonder if they train to answer "hello"?

Me: Do you sell video games?
7/11 Guy: Hello?
Me: Hello? Do you sell video games?
7/11 Guy: Hello? Video games? Hello?
Me: Yes, video games. Do you sell them?
7/11 Guy: No...yes.
Me: You do?
7/11 Guy: No...yes we do.
Me: Can you tell me the price of one of your games?
7/11 Guy: No...yes, ok...what video game?
Me: Fallout 3.
7/11 Guy: We have Madden.
Me: No. Fallout 3.
7/11 Guy: Madden?
Me: NO. FALLOUT 3.
7/11 Guy: We have Madden?
Me: FALL. OUT. 3.
7/11 Guy: Fallout 3? OK. *checks price*
7/11 Guy: $39.99.
Me: Can you ring it up and see if it rings up any different?
7/11 Guy: No, hold on. *beep* $39.99.

bread's done
Back