7-Eleven: new player in the used game market?

plasticbathmonki

CAGiversary!
It's as if Gamestop installed a slushy machine....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084498p1.html

[quote name='IGN']
7-Eleven To Begin Selling Used Games
Convenience store just got a little more convenient.

April 19, 2010 - Already a seller of brand-new videogames, global convenience retailer 7-Eleven announced it will soon be offering used games as part of its new "GREAT GAMES BELOW $20" program.

7-Eleven has partnered with pre-owned games supplier Game Trading Technologies, Inc., and will begin selling used games starting this September in over 3,000 locations across the U.S. All participating stores will receive a "corrugated display with a mixture of games representing various platforms and price points," all priced at or below $19.99, and will constantly be replenished with a new stock of used games.

"We partnered with GTT because of their experience and expertise as a third-party provider of video games and the terrific selection they'll offer to our customers," said Michael Jester, 7-Eleven category manager for gaming and electronics. "More than 60 percent of U.S. households now have at least one video game console, and consumers are searching for convenient ways to stretch their entertainment dollar in this challenging economy."

[/QUOTE]

this is a dumb idea. if the display is standing out in the store even if its near the counter someone will steal them. so then maybe its behind the counter so now thas one more thing for someone who works there to deal with ( and from my experience going to 7-11s the people who work there arent necessarily multi taskers) and how will they deal with returns?

[quote name='Puffa469']All they need to do now is start selling liquor and weed and you'll never need to shop anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Some 7-11's do sell liquor, and we have video games (have for a few months, so maybe we were a test market) for video games. The boxes for the games are actually really close to the door. Not sure if the games are in them or not (nothing has ever been priced well enough to get my interest, I think Gamestop has had better prices on every game that I was interested in).

[quote name='lordxixor101']Some 7-11's do sell liquor, and we have video games (have for a few months, so maybe we were a test market) for video games. The boxes for the games are actually really close to the door. Not sure if the games are in them or not (nothing has ever been priced well enough to get my interest, I think Gamestop has had better prices on every game that I was interested in).[/QUOTE]

Like the day after I posted that I read that 7-11 was the third largest beer distributor in the US. And they are coming out with their own brand of beer!

[quote name='Matt Young']7-11 has been selling games since at least 2007. They had Halo 3 there.[/QUOTE]

used games ;)

I actually like this. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and I know for a fact there's some 7-11's in the area. One "might" even be close enough to walking distance, but not so sure on that off hand. They might not have much there other than junk, but it will be worth keeping an eye on if nothing else.

Applying there for a job on the other hand might not be as good an idea. Hell, I used to work at a gas station that got robbed that didn't sell games OR liquor. Happened after I left, but still...

bread's done
Back