75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

[quote name='Caliburn']Weren't Dreamcast games clearanced at 75% off last summer, with NES, SNES, and probably a few other older systems?[/quote]
They still are. When I bought Ecco the Dolphin a few weeks back, it had its own promotion code, signifying it was marked down already from an original price. If you can still find a place with Dreamcast games, you'll see they're also marked 75% off.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Would anyone be willing to trade or sell some of those RPG's for Psone that people have been finding multiple copies of (Rhapsody)? I can't find any place around me that hasn't been wiped out yet..

If so please PM me with your offers... Thanks[/quote]

I might have a couple duplicates. Post a list of what you're looking for from this sale; thanks

[quote name='Raynre']I think someone already raided my local GS, there were absolutley 0 N64 or PS1 games to be had. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Most of the time when a store (especially a smaller one) is getting rid of product it all goes to 1 or 2 stores in the region..check a few other GS/EB stores in the area or call ahead, if you have a employee who is up on things sometimes they can even tell you which store.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I might have a couple duplicates. Post a list of what you're looking for from this sale; thanks[/quote]

the few im looking for are:

Legend of Mana
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure :hot: :hot: :hot:

Thousand Arms
Saiyuki: Journey West:hot:
Breath of Fire III & IV:hot:
Grandia
Saga Frontier II

If you have anything else you think I might be interested in let me know..

Thanks

I found a couple of Saga Frontier II, but as I said, the one clerk kinda tossed aside the other copy I found disc only on Saturday at the third GS in my area with PS1/N64 games.

He was all like 'what are you doing with 2 copies of this?'. Mind you, I was buying the extra one(with a huge blockbuster sticker on it) to trade here. Chances are he tossed it aside for himself, but hell, he was nice enough to let me grab copies of the Disgaea 2 and Tales Of Legendia guides for .01, so I considered that 'karma' to let him have the other Saga Frontier II. But, the one I actually did get is mine for keeps. For $1.20, I'll give it a whirl. If I don't like it, it MAY go up for trade.

And actually, the one person here was offering BOF IV on Craigslist for a short while, guide and all, but I think the disc was in piss poor condition and the game was incomplete. So, I passed on that, since they wanted $20ish for the 2 things.

I found a store that sold them but for both N64 and PS1 all they had were sports titles. A few WaveRace for the N64. Most of the PS1 games weren't even in their orginal case (although I'd be impressed to find that for any used game that's been floating around for a decade. This was in Norristown, PA. I asked the manager if he knew of any stores with PS1 and N64 games in stock and he said he didn't know of any, just their :whistle2:(

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Oh, so just the REALLY hard to find stuff ;D Sorry man, didn't even find copies of those for myself.[/quote]

Thanks anyways slim for at least taking a second to consider.. I will find some eventually..

theres definately a hell of a lot of ps1 game auctions lately, and actually n64 games too.. it maybe money now for them, but if you wait awhile, it will be even more.. hoarders will get what hoarders deserve to get..

[quote name='SpaceboyKev']Most of the PS1 games weren't even in their orginal case (although I'd be impressed to find that for any used game that's been floating around for a decade.[/quote]

Oddly enough, it's the sports games that are, more often than not, complete!

I guess that means they cherish Madden 98 more than they cherish something like a Saga Frontier II. Either way, even if you think a place has 'only sports games' in their PS1 section, look through ALL of them. That's how I found the Saga Frontier II I bought, as well as MGS VR Missions and a couple other non Madden games.

It is, however, a royal pita most times, since many stores with these games have 3-5 full rows of disc only titles. And, even if you find something in great shape, it still may not be complete. I found several discs for Heart Of Darkness, but I realized it was only disc 1 in both cases. I later on found a single disc 2, but I didn't want any of them by that point.

I still don't see HOW so many people just toss out or lose the cases/inserts/manuals for their games prior to trading them in. I have a flying kinipshit if my one buddies nieces gum up or otherwise mark up my games when I let him borrow them, but I guess not everyone has the same level of respect for their items.

For anyone in my area, there are 3 stores with PS1/N64 games that I know of now:

Buckhorn, PA(near the new Super Wally World and just down the road from the Columbia Mall-where I found Saga Frontier II)

Hazleton, PA(again, near the Super Wally World, still one copy of Alundra 2 left there last time I was there)

Dickson City, PA(near the Target, though they had few games left last time I was there)

That's just a quick heads up for anyone looking for PS1/N64 games in my area, since I'm done picking through em. LOL I didn't get many I wanted though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess that means they cherish Madden 98 more than they cherish something like a Saga Frontier II. Either way, even if you think a place has 'only sports games' in their PS1 section, look through ALL of them. That's how I found the Saga Frontier II I bought, as well as MGS VR Missions and a couple other non Madden games.

[/quote]
Indeed. I found Tales of Destiny in a Madden case somehow. The manual was missing, so there was no cover and I noticed it as I flipped through the long row of "sports titles", but it was in a Madden case with the back insert. The clerk knew it wasn't Madden so I was charged the $5 or so, but I was happy no one found it up until then.

I pick up the complete sports games for .45 and gut everything to place my precious RPG finds, and I begin a search to somehow, someday, complete it.

anyone know if gb/gbc games have or will soon be getting cleared out? the eb i worked at over winter had a huge cardboard box full that couldn't be put out on display. i wouldn't mind grabbing pokemon red/blue/etc on the cheap.

[quote name='hopeunknown']anyone know if gb/gbc games have or will soon be getting cleared out? the eb i worked at over winter had a huge cardboard box full that couldn't be put out on display. i wouldn't mind grabbing pokemon red/blue/etc on the cheap.[/quote]

When asked, a manager replied, "Soon...I hope. Please clear them out...are you SURE you don't want the rest of the N64 games?" :lol:

[quote name='hopeunknown']anyone know if gb/gbc games have or will soon be getting cleared out? the eb i worked at over winter had a huge cardboard box full that couldn't be put out on display. i wouldn't mind grabbing pokemon red/blue/etc on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Some store did mention that they would be the next to go when I went a couple of weeks ago but didn't know when.

I was able to find these today. The manager was really helpful by printing up a list of PS1 inventory.

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Breath of Fire IV
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
RPG Maker
Revelations: Persona
Vagrant Story
Saiyuki: The Journey West
Threads of Fate
Vanguard Bandits
Vandal Hearts
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Beyond the Beyond
Ehrgeiz
Chrono Cross
Bushido Blade
Mega Man 8
KOF '99
Tail Concerto
Mega Man x6,x5,x4

[quote name='rxdoga']I was able to find these today. The manager was really helpful by printing up a list of PS1 inventory.

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Breath of Fire IV
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
RPG Maker
Revelations: Persona
Vagrant Story
Saiyuki: The Journey West
Threads of Fate
Vanguard Bandits
Vandal Hearts
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Beyond the Beyond
Ehrgeiz
Chrono Cross
Bushido Blade
Mega Man 8
KOF '99
Tail Concerto
Mega Man x6,x5,x4[/quote]
You LUCKY bastard. :p

Got a mixed bag today. My store actually received new supplies, and I promptly took all the (semi)prized availables. :D At least, not bad for a few cents.

Disc only/disc with case:
Sheep
Syphon Filter 2
Omega Boost
Atari Anniversary
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Complete:
Power Move Pro Wrestling
Power Play: Sports Trivia
G Police 2
Die Hard Trilogy
Gran Turismo x2
VR Baseball '97 x5 (sealed, needed the cases for .22 a pop)
Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes
Gran Turismo 2 (sealed)

Not so bad for $10.

[quote name='Caliburn']Got a mixed bag today. My store actually received new supplies, and I promptly took all the (semi)prized availables. :D At least, not bad for a few cents.

Disc only/disc with case:
Sheep
Syphon Filter 2
Omega Boost
Atari Anniversary
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Complete:
Power Move Pro Wrestling
Power Play: Sports Trivia
G Police 2
Die Hard Trilogy
Gran Turismo x2
VR Baseball '97 x5 (sealed, needed the cases for .22 a pop)
Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes
Gran Turismo 2 (sealed)

Not so bad for $10.[/quote]

I had a copy of Sheep, which I gave to my one ex who I'm still friendly with so her nephews would have something to play when they came up. But apparently, they were 'bored' by the PS1 and only played it MAYBE 2-3 times, then it's sat. She gave me back the PS1 and a couple of the games(Roll Away and Caesar's Palace) last weekend, but couldn't find ANY of the others.

I think I had a few gems in that collection, but I don't remember exactly what I had.

I also gave a bunch of PS1 games and a PS1(disc only, I kept the cases n crap for some reason) to my one buddy, who played them just as much as my ex gf and her nephews played the other one. But, I offered to pay him for his Sega Master System, his Genesis(old model 1) and the PS1 and games back, but he couldn't find any of them, said he stored them in his basement. That means either the kids destroyed em or he just really can't find them.

I had a copy of Treasures Of The Deep in that collection, which was about the ONLY one I'd want back really. Well, that and SMS and Genny, if both were complete. But, he has since given up looking for them and gone back to playing on the XBox and PS2.

Ahhh well and I was hoping I could finally finish TOTD too, that was one unique game for the PS1.

I went to a GS that used to be a Rhino in Zehphyrhills, FL the other day & got these:

Street Fighter EX2 Plus (Disc only)(kick ass game)
Tomb Raider Chronicles (game only)
Spec Ops: Nuclear Dawn (game only)
VIP (no manual)

Went back today and glad I did. Found the Following, all Disc only:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
King's Field II
Shadow Madness
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals
Mega Man Legends
Monster Rancher
Monster Rancher 2
Sim City 2000
Warcraft II: The Dark Saga
Star Wars Rebel Assault II (Exception: this is complete down to the LA catalog)
WCW vs The World
Riven
Metal Gear Solid
RPG Maker
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Magic: the Gathering - Battlemage
Legend of Legaia
Rhapsody (X2..both with soundtrack CD!)
2 PS1 Controllers (not dual shock)

Total = 25.02

I feel this was a pretty good run. Wife has already called the PS1 tonight to start Riven.

I got Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for only $2.50! And it's worth alot of money too ($40+)

[quote name='Rozz']I got Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for only $2.50! And it's worth alot of money too ($40+)[/quote]

New and sealed?

I had a disc-only that I traded recently; disc only goes for about $5 - $20 (very rarely), $10 is most common for D.O.

I'm heading to a store tomorrow that I'm told is like a holy grail of PS1 games (they apparently have hundreds since every other store has sent them stuff), but I really don't know that much about what to look for other than the rarest stuff (Suikoden II, etc.). I know they at least supposedly have a copy of Persona 2, Saiyuki: The Journey West & Breath Of Fire IV thanks to the site's store locator, but I'm not sure what else to even search for.

Can anyone who's more into PS1 games give me a quick list of some of the rarest/most valuable stuff? With the exception of some games that I really do want to check out to play, I'm mostly going to pick stuff up to trade here, so it's to your benefit to give me some stuff to look for. :p

[quote name='garfep']I'm heading to a store tomorrow that I'm told is like a holy grail of PS1 games (they apparently have hundreds since every other store has sent them stuff), but I really don't know that much about what to look for other than the rarest stuff (Suikoden II, etc.). I know they at least supposedly have a copy of Persona 2, Saiyuki: The Journey West & Breath Of Fire IV thanks to the site's store locator, but I'm not sure what else to even search for.

Can anyone who's more into PS1 games give me a quick list of some of the rarest/most valuable stuff? With the exception of some games that I really do want to check out to play, I'm mostly going to pick stuff up to trade here, so it's to your benefit to give me some stuff to look for. :p[/quote]

This thread in the CAG Classic Gaming Forum may be useful:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134446

[quote name='garfep']I'm heading to a store tomorrow that I'm told is like a holy grail of PS1 games (they apparently have hundreds since every other store has sent them stuff), but I really don't know that much about what to look for other than the rarest stuff (Suikoden II, etc.). I know they at least supposedly have a copy of Persona 2, Saiyuki: The Journey West & Breath Of Fire IV thanks to the site's store locator, but I'm not sure what else to even search for.

Can anyone who's more into PS1 games give me a quick list of some of the rarest/most valuable stuff? With the exception of some games that I really do want to check out to play, I'm mostly going to pick stuff up to trade here, so it's to your benefit to give me some stuff to look for. :p[/quote]

If you do snag a copy of Saiyuki: Journey West and Thousand Arms let me know.. Either one will work...

[quote name='Brian9824']Buy any rpg you see.[/quote]

I would, but they're almost always sold out! I picked up FF: Anthology for $7 used last fall while on a brief "collect old videogames" stint. RPGs were hard to find.

I picked up Tony Hawk 2 for the DC for 90 cents. Sweet deal.

Pretty much all the N64 and DC games are sports games at my local Funco. They had a lot of N64 Rugrats games, though. But I might pick up a bunch of DC sports games if they've got good jewel cases. 25 cents a case? I could stomach that, and I'd put them to good use. Don't know what I'll do with the games, though.

This is a great deal, its just too bad that my EBgames and Gamestop don't have any 'old' software in stock, its bad enough they barly have xbox and gamecube... lol.

is the gamestop website a decent indicator at what the stores have? i mean a store near me has 1-3 copies of a game i wanna get...is it worth the drive?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']is the gamestop website a decent indicator at what the stores have? i mean a store near me has 1-3 copies of a game i wanna get...is it worth the drive?[/quote]

The locater seems to be very accurate. If they say they don't have the item its either being held for someone(employee) or it was purchased earlier that day.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']is the gamestop website a decent indicator at what the stores have? i mean a store near me has 1-3 copies of a game i wanna get...is it worth the drive?[/quote]

A night last week I looked up all the good PS1 games I wanted on the locator and drove 100 miles to the store that had PS1/N64 games. The site was dead on except for 2 or 3 games, which the employee said were purchased the day before. Out of the 50 I had on a list I got around 45 or so. Not bad. :D

I have also had bad luck with the locator. It said one of my local stores had Lunar, I called and they said they haven't had PS1 games in a year. Oh well.. I would say the best thing to do would be to call them up and see if they have the game/games you are looking for and if they could hold them for you if the store is far away.

Good luck!

How are people still picking up the 6/7 rarity games? Anyways, here's what I bought (all PSX):

Time Crisis (complete, no GunCon)
Parasite Eve (complete)
ODT
One (complete)
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Tecmo's Deception
Beyond the Beyond
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Zero Divide (complete)
Colony Wars: Vengeance (no manual)
Aquanaut's Holiday
Wild 9
Perfect Weapon
MDK
NBA In The Zone
Test Drive 6
Syphon Filter
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal 3
Heart of Darkness
Rival Schools
Dragon Ball Final Bout (sealed, original!)
Madden NFL 2000
Breath of Fire IV
Wild ARMS
1Xtreme
2Xtreme
Grid Runner
Jet Moto 2
Power Play: Sports Trivia (sealed)
Pitball
G-Police
Iron Soldier 3
X-Men Mutant Academy 2
FIFA Soccer 2005 (sealed)

$22.52

Btw, what the hell is with Aquanaut's Holiday? It's not even a game. I don't understand what my goal is.

[quote name='Optical']A night last week I looked up all the good PS1 games I wanted on the locator and drove 100 miles to the store that had PS1/N64 games. The site was dead on except for 2 or 3 games, which the employee said were purchased the day before. Out of the 50 I had on a list I got around 45 or so. Not bad. :D

I have also had bad luck with the locator. It said one of my local stores had Lunar, I called and they said they haven't had PS1 games in a year. Oh well.. I would say the best thing to do would be to call them up and see if they have the game/games you are looking for and if they could hold them for you if the store is far away.

Good luck![/quote]

Most of the local GS brand stores had tons of PS1/N64 games about 6 months to a year ago. Then, they shipped them all to 2-3 stores where they have probably sat since then.

Funniest part about that is, the closest store to me had an assload of games, I'm talking like half of a full display rack filled. The next week after the 75% off clearance hit, they had a SHOEBOX only a quarter filled left by the time I decided to hit the store.

The one other semi local store that has them still has 3/4 of theirs, but that's because they have Madden from 1997 and up in droves. The last one I found with these games had a couple decent games, but the rest was a mish mash of crap games and sports. Funnier still, they had Genesis games in stock there too, though mostly it was just multitudes of Aladdin, Mortal Kombat and some other generic common Genny titles.

Only good part about hitting that store was, I scored the Disgaea 2 guide from them, along with a Tales Of Legendia guide and a couple others.

I don't think the store locator is very accurate because I checked my local EBgames when it was B1G1 free and they said they no longer carried PSone/N64 games, even though the store indicator said there were 4+ copies of Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions. :(

Unless, the employees really wanted to hold on to those 4 or more copies for themselves. I don't think that's the case since the game is so cheap now at $2.99!

I want to know how your store locators are even working on PS1 stuff anymore every time I use mine and enter Titles they never even come up

type in something like 'final fantasy' into the search box, and go down to the bottom of the page and click the thing that says show back ordered games (or something like that at the very botton of the page). After you click it they pop up...its just finding a store that still has the games thats a problem.

Only found a couple games at GS today. Both were PSX and came out to about $1.05 each
Bushido Blade 2 (Game is complete and everything is in brand new condition)
RPG Maker (Complete also, and in good condition)

They had N64 games there, but they were all sports titles. Meh

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']type in something like 'final fantasy' into the search box, and go down to the bottom of the page and click the thing that says show back ordered games (or something like that at the very botton of the page). After you click it they pop up...its just finding a store that still has the games thats a problem.[/quote]

thanks for the tip it worked... One thing though is that there listings are either not updated or they are holding games.. a Gamestop by me had a number of games im interested in and upon calling they seem to be gone some ever were listed as 4+... (Breath of Fire III & IV )

Oh well..

I'm kicking myself for not jumping in on this sooner. We had two Gamestops that used to be Rhinos and both had a nice assortment of PSX games. When I did go I was picky each time. The fact that I still found stuff on my last trip speaks to how much I must have missed out on previously or passed over...

Anyway, I found Wing Commander IV complete and in mint condition. I also found a disc only copy of Bubble Bobble also featuring Rainbow Islands. Nothing mind blowing but considering how long this deal has been going on, I'm happy with them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one other semi local store that has them still has 3/4 of theirs, but that's because they have Madden from 1997 and up in droves. The last one I found with these games had a couple decent games, but the rest was a mish mash of crap games and sports. Funnier still, they had Genesis games in stock there too, though mostly it was just multitudes of Aladdin, Mortal Kombat and some other generic common Genny titles.[/QUOTE]

I know what store your talking about just from you mentioning the overwheling amount of Aladdin & Mortal Kombats they have for the Genesis lol

I ended up with a decent haul. Nothing super rare, but some okay stuff that I know at least a few people want, and some that are just nostalgic.

Armored Core (Complete)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (complete)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (no manual)
Barbie Race & Ride (Disc Only)
Championship Surfer (Complete)
Digimon Digital Card Battle (Disc Only)
Digimon World (Disc Only)
Digimon World 2 (Disc Only)
FIFA 2000 (No manual)
FIFA 2001 (Disc Only)
FIFA 2002 (Complete)
FIFA 2004 (Disc Only)
FIFA World Cup 2002 (Sealed)
FIFA World Cup 2002 (Disc Only)
Gekido (Disc Only)
Gundam Battle Assault (Disc Only)
Heart Of Darkness (Disc + glasses only)
Iron Soldier 3 (Disc Only)
King's Field II (Complete)
Need For Speed II (Disc Only)
RPG Maker (Disc Only)
Super Shot Soccer (Disc Only)
Time Crisis (complete)(no guncon)
World's Scariest Police Chases (Disc Only)

If anyone's interested in any, PM me. Otherwise some will be kept and some will end up on my tradelist as part of my PS1 bundle.

[quote name='garfep']I ended up with a decent haul. Nothing super rare, but some okay stuff that I know at least a few people want, and some that are just nostalgic.

Armored Core (Complete)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (complete)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (no manual)
Barbie Race & Ride (Disc Only)
Championship Surfer (Complete)
Digimon Digital Card Battle (Disc Only)
Digimon World (Disc Only)
Digimon World 2 (Disc Only)
FIFA 2000 (No manual)
FIFA 2001 (Disc Only)
FIFA 2002 (Complete)
FIFA 2004 (Disc Only)
FIFA World Cup 2002 (Sealed)
FIFA World Cup 2002 (Disc Only)
Gekido (Disc Only)
Gundam Battle Assault (Disc Only)
Heart Of Darkness (Disc + glasses only)
Iron Soldier 3 (Disc Only)
King's Field II (Complete)
Need For Speed II (Disc Only)
RPG Maker (Disc Only)
Super Shot Soccer (Disc Only)
Time Crisis (complete)(no guncon)
World's Scariest Police Chases (Disc Only)

If anyone's interested in any, PM me. Otherwise some will be kept and some will end up on my tradelist as part of my PS1 bundle.[/quote]

Actually, Heart Of Darkness was TWO discs. I know, since I found 2 discs 2's and finally found a single disc 1 to make a complete game(minus booklet/original inserts/case/yadda yadda). But, I passed on it. I also saw a copy or two of Iron Soldier 3, but had never heard of it, so I passed on that too. I also found a disc only Worlds Scariest Police Chases and passed on that as well.

Oh and FOnewear, you ever try hitting the Goodwill down near the new Gamestop in Shamokin area? That's where I found the Zelda Sword/Shielf replica combo from Target for $8 AND a Star Ocean: TTEOT guide. Nice store, they even had a pc strategy game(fairly new one too) for $5-6, but I passed on it.

bread's done
Back