80GB PS3 Refurbished $109.99 Microcenter B&M YMMV

Ultragamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (97%)
Just got back from Microcenter, a friend of mind pointed me to the ad which shows the 80GB PS3 for $109.99. I checked the site last night and it looked like they took the item off their website but the deal is active in stores. Got one for a friend who wasn't able to get in on the deal himself.

Here's a scan of the page they gave me in-store:
80GBPS3.jpg

Receipt
80GBPS3_2.jpg

and a scan of it in the sales ad
80GBPS3_1.jpg

URL for it online(They seem to have taken it the purchase ability offline for it) http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0357487

Edit: Added receipt and scan of the sales ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There aren't BC with ps2 games are they? I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Getting a PS3 for just over $100 isn't enough of an excuse to get one? Tell you what, you get one...when the buyers remorse kicks in, I'll buy it from you. I really want to get my hands on one of these.

No dice in tustin. I said I was done with this deal, but couldn't help myself. Tried the look up the sku trick, couldn't tell if they knew it was in stock and not to sell it or if it was legitimately OOS.

[quote name='rpgamer92']just called the madison heights location they are out. btw how lomg is it going to be 109 for[/QUOTE]

its going to be dead today, dead already really. The new ad i got in the mail only has the 160gb listed at I think 229 and a slim for 250 which starts tomorrow I think.

[quote name='Robman62']I got one in yonkers my bro got one for himself too, the deal ends today(sunday) btw.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice how many they had left if any?

[quote name='Robman62']I got one in yonkers my bro got one for himself too, the deal ends today(sunday) btw.[/QUOTE]

Mother fucker. I went there on Friday and that prick employee told me they were sold out.

I have been away from home a few days, I went on friday. I just had a chance to plug it in and test it. They had like 17 left friday afternoon and a bunch of employees were talking about buying them. My receipt says I got it at 2:06 so if you got there shortly after the guy lied.

[quote name='tgk2044']No go in columbus, oh. Salesman said he doubts they'll be seeing any more come in[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm only about 10 minutes away from the bethel rd. store but never went to go check it out. Now I don't have to.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Mother fucker. I went there on Friday and that prick employee told me they were sold out.[/QUOTE]

Yo they lied to you they have 2 left as of now, they had 3 this morning when a friend of mine called...they close @6

[quote name='Robman62']Yo they lied to you they have 2 left as of now, they had 3 this morning when a friend of mine called...they close @6[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. On my way now.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Thanks for the heads up. On my way now.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, I hope you get one. The employees have been pretty frustrating all over the country during this deal. It seems like many are not telling the truth about the stock then buying and re-selling the systems.

I was shocked when I was able to snag one early in the week in Cambridge. I just got lucky because they had happened to restock but I bet they were all gone in 2 days or less since it's such a big college area.

Got there 30 minutes before closing and got the last one. Unfortunately, the PS3 was DOA. Ah well, maybe I can hope for a restock and get it replaced.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Good luck, I hope you get one. The employees have been pretty frustrating all over the country during this deal. It seems like many are not telling the truth about the stock then buying and re-selling the systems.

I was shocked when I was able to snag one early in the week in Cambridge. I just got lucky because they had happened to restock but I bet they were all gone in 2 days or less since it's such a big college area.[/QUOTE]

I agree that this company has questionable practices. I remember one time they had a good deal on Xbox wireless controllers. I walk in about 10 minutes after they are open and they are already sold out. The sales person boasts how they sold one person 16 of them. A normal company would limit quantites per customer to prevent a situation like this from happening...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I agree that this company has questionable practices. I remember one time they had a good deal on Xbox wireless controllers. I walk in about 10 minutes after they are open and they are already sold out. The sales person boasts how they sold one person 16 of them. A normal company would limit quantites per customer to prevent a situation like this from happening...[/QUOTE]

Well granted this was an accident but I agree. Honestly videogames are such a small part of MC's business so they just don't care. In Cambridge there was not a soul in the department working or shopping.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Got there 30 minutes before closing and got the last one. Unfortunately, the PS3 was DOA. Ah well, maybe I can hope for a restock and get it replaced.[/QUOTE]

Wow seriously? Who was the person that got it for you? The guy working the games area was like 6'10" and flat out told me no stock left. I only remember that because my fiancee said wow, he makes you look short, and I'm 6'6".

[quote name='knightsdwn']Got there 30 minutes before closing and got the last one. Unfortunately, the PS3 was DOA. Ah well, maybe I can hope for a restock and get it replaced.[/QUOTE]

Even if it's DOA I bet Sony would have to replace it since it comes with a 1 year warranty.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Even if it's DOA I bet Sony would have to replace it since it comes with a 1 year warranty.[/QUOTE]

DOA consoles need to be returned to the store for an exchange. I think this is the case with most if not all manufacturers. I bought a DOA mobo and CPU at MC before, exchange no problem. Of course wait until they get more in stock, if they ever do. If not maybe wait until after the 30 day period then submit for the warranty. I bought a 360 from amazon and I had to return it amazon, microsoft would deal with it since I just purchased it.

[quote name='tgk2044']Wow seriously? Who was the person that got it for you? The guy working the games area was like 6'10" and flat out told me no stock left. I only remember that because my fiancee said wow, he makes you look short, and I'm 6'6".[/QUOTE]

This was in the Yonkers, NY location by the way. You may have gotten things mixed up.

Sony makes you pay for postage though so I'll wait a week or two and see if they restock before I take the warranty route.

well, i walked right up to one of those employee terminals they have everywhere, entered the short upc stock # from the ad and it listed right there exactly how many they had in stock. I skipped buying one yself, but i know they had at least 8 on friday in stock at the one i went to

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']DOA consoles need to be returned to the store for an exchange. I think this is the case with most if not all manufacturers. I bought a DOA mobo and CPU at MC before, exchange no problem. Of course wait until they get more in stock, if they ever do. If not maybe wait until after the 30 day period then submit for the warranty. I bought a 360 from amazon and I had to return it amazon, microsoft would deal with it since I just purchased it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the additional 2 year MC warranty is $40. It might make sense to get this and then wait until they fix the price and get more in.

bread's done
Back