9/9-9/15 Target/Best Buy/Circuit City VG Ads - Portable Game Sale @ CC

TheAdMan

CAG Veteran
Hello again fellow CAGs!

Today may be a holiday for most, but as you can see I am still bringing you what you desire most: savings.

I noticed a few complaints last time around, so I’ve adjusted the format a little closer to what you’re used to. Hope that will make things a little more palatable. Enough of that, on with the savings!

TARGET

Featured Games/New Releases

:360: Last chance to preorder Halo 3 Regular or LE. $10 deposit. 2 Free Action Clix when you pick up the game.

:ps3: Heavenly Sword (9/14) - $59.99
:ds: Drawn To Life (9/12) - $29.99
:ds: Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (9/12) - $29.99

:360::ps3: Spiderman 3 - $39.99

New Silver PSP Bundle - $199.99*

*Includes Family Guy movie, Daxter (GH) & 1GB MSPD – Quantity limited – No rain checks

NOTE – This is indeed the new PSP bundle. MSRP.

PC People!!! (Remember to check here for blank media, et al)

Sony 50pc CD-R or Sony 25pc DVD+/DVD-R discs - $7.99

The SIMS 2: Bon Voyage - $29.99 – Includes exclusive ‘Hula Girl’ download – Quantities limited, No rainchecks

CIRCUIT CITY

TV Section!
No Interest until 2009 on all TVs & Installations $999+
No Interest 36 months on All Samsung, Toshiba & Mitsu DLP TVs $999+

Video Games

Guaranteed in store 2PM or Free $20 GC

:ds: Donkey Kong Jungle Climber - $29.99 (9/11)
:360: Skate - $59.99 (9/12)
:360:/:ps3: NHL 08 - $59.99 (9/12)
:ps2: NHL 08 - $29.99 (9/12)
:ps3: Heavenly Sword - $59.99 (9/13)

:wii:
Wii console - $249.99 (No mention of quantities per store, 1 per customer, no rain checks)

:ps3:
Blu-ray Remote for PS3 - $19.99

:ds:
Limited Edition Red/Black System w/ Brain Age 2 & Carrying Case - $149.99
Pelican Nintendo Character Game Cases for DSL - $4.99
BD&A Pen Stylus & Screen Protector 2 Pack for DSL - $4.99

Buy One, Get One ½ Off on ALL Handheld Games

Games Listed:
:psp:
Madden 08 - $39.99
GRAW 2 - $39.99
MLB 07 The Show - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters - $39.99
R6 Vegas - $39.99
Pirates At World's End - $29.99
NFS: Most Wanted 5-1-0 - $19.99
The Warriors - $19.99

Pokemon Diamond - $34.99
Diddy Kong Racing DS - $29.99
Spiderman 3 - $29.99
Theme Park - $29.99
Spectrobes - $29.99
Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry/Trouble 4 Pack - $19.99
Cake Mania - $19.99

:gba:
Shrek the Third - $29.99
Super Mario World - $19.99
Mario Kart Super Circuit - $19.99
LEGO Star Wars II - $19.99
CARS - $19.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $19.99
Incredibles/Finding Nemo 2 Pack - $19.99

PC People!!!
Sony 2GB Micro Vault Classic USB Flash Drive - $19.99
(NOTE – This is the exact same drive that is on sale THIS week (9/2) as well)

Nexxtech 15 Pack of DL DVD+R - $14.99
TDK 50 Pack DVD+R or DVD-R - $12.99
TDK 100 Pack CD-R - $14.99

Stranglehold - $37.99
The SIMS 2: Bon Voyage - $17.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $17.99
EverQuest Anniversary Edition - $7.99

BEST BUY

TV Section!All TVs $999 & UP On Sale
No Interest For 3 Years on all Home Theaters & Installation totaling $999 & UP

Free $100 NFLShop.com certificate by mail w/ purchase of any Samsung HDTV 40”+ (Purchase must be made between 9/1/07 – 9/29/07)

Free 84” Screen Instantly when you purchase any HD Home Theater Projector (Screen Value = $134.99 - Projector & Screen on same receipt - Offer excludes special orders, clearance, demo & open box items - Screen type reads Optoma DS-3084PM)

Video Games

Pre-order Guitar Hero III – Legends Of Rock and get a free guitar strap
(Guitar Hero III available 10/28 for XBOX 360 , Wii , PS3 and PS2 game systems - Must be purchased on the same receipt - Online offer may vary - $5 Deposit - Minimum 12 per store - No rain checks)

:360:
Kengo: Legend Of The 9 - $39.99 (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
Skate - $59.99* (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
*(Exclusive Code to unlock additional clothing)

XBOX 360 Messenger Kit - $29.99

Donkey Kong Jungle Climbers - $29.99 (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
Drawn To Life - $29.99 (Available 9/12 - 2 PM)
Jam Sessions - $29.99* (Available 9/12 - 2 PM)
*(Exclusive Code to unlock 3 bonus songs on pack)

DSL Brain Age 2 Bundle - $149.99*
*(Includes Red DSL, Brain Age 2 & carrying case)

:psp:
PSP Daxter Bundle - $199.99*
*(Includes slim Ice Silver PSP, Daxter(GH), Family Guy UMD & 1GB MSPD)

PC People!

25 % OFF All Western Digital My Book Premium Edition External Hard Drives (320GB/500GB/750GB)
Memorex 50 Pack DVD+R or DVD-R - $12.99

Star Wars - Empire At War Gold Pack - $24.99
The SIMS 2 - Bon Voyage - $24.99

[quote name='trunks982']i should get jam session that comes with the AMP.[/QUOTE]

I think the Amp bundle is GS/EB exclusive? Maybe not, but I am sure it's not out until around Nov. 1. BB is game only, but with special code to unlock 3 songs that will probably be all over the Internet on release day.

Anyone know if the Amp will be released separately?

[quote name='kevzik']Normally, it would be 50% off the lowest priced, but who knows with CC glitches, 50% may come off of any priced game as long as its rung up 2nd...

This is not likely to happen, but we have all seen it before.[/QUOTE]

i dont think this will matter much.

i think the most would be 10 per set

40 game and 20 game on psp

Ds 30 20 would only be a 5 buck savings

[quote name='obiwankenobi77']Does the Target or Best Buy ads say when the new PSP bundle will be available?[/QUOTE]

Sony revealed a press release today (Wednesday) allowing retailers to start selling the new slim PSP systems early. The Daxter PSP Bundles should have been shipped to most stores, but it depends if they have them out on the floor for sale. My local Walmart has a dozen Ice Silver Daxter bundles on the shelf, but the Piano Black Core versions have not arrived, yet. Call around, and happy hunting.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Sony revealed a press release today (Wednesday) allowing retailers to start selling the new slim PSP systems early. The Daxter PSP Bundles should have been shipped to most stores, but it depends if they have them out on the floor for sale. My local Walmart has a dozen Ice Silver Daxter bundles on the shelf, but the Piano Black Core versions have not arrived, yet. Call around, and happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

Dude where did you read that press release??????

ive never been to circuit city before, although i get ads for them all the time they're about 45 minutes away from me. I have some running around to do on Saturday so maybe i will head out there and see what they've got.
they are having the buy 1 get one ½ off sale for handheld games right?
I have a long list of ps2 games (and prices of them at gamestop) that id like to get my hands on and ive been trying to pick them up cheap off of ebay, but if i can find some on that list cheaper at CC since everyone seems to find good deals there ill just pick them up then.

Anybody know if that Buy One Get One 1/2 Off deal at CC will also count for games released that week? I know the post says "ALL" handheld games, but CC doesn't have a great record with their verbage (like their "guaranteed in store" means they received a shipment, not that it's still in-stock).

If it's good for new releases, I'd be tempted with DK Jungle Climber and maybe some Drawn to Life or Jam Sessions...

Damn, can you guys think of any PSP games for $40? I want to get Brave Story but can't think of anything that I want for $40 to make the deal worth it.

I might settle for two $30 DS games instead if I can't think of anything by Sunday.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, can you guys think of any PSP games for $40? I want to get Brave Story but can't think of anything that I want for $40 to make the deal worth it.

I might settle for two $30 DS games instead if I can't think of anything by Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna grab that and PSP Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the combo. Also, PSP Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes received rave reviews.

Currently, the only portables that I'm interested in getting are FFV and VI and Rune Factory, since I have way too many DS games already. If only there was a 4th game. Though I could hold out on RF and (hopefully) get it with MMZXA and PW3(or Zelda if I don't preorder PW) in TRU's B2G1(if it happens then). Decisions.

Quick question, in the Target ad it says last chance to preorder halo 3 Regular edition or LE

That's legendary Edition right? Becuase you have no idea on how many people use LE as the Collector's edition, so thats why I want a clarification.

I'm hoping the portable game deal works on the clearance games. The games should already scan for 33% off, so it would be like getting two $16.96 games for around $17.

Since the Wii is in Circuit City's ad does that mean most or all circuit city's will have some wii's in stock tomorrow?

[quote name='FatBoyInside']It works only if CC doesn't post an ad correction concerning the delayed release date in-stores for the public to view. Good luck, though.[/quote]

I might finally be able to take advantage of this 20 dollar promo for once!

[quote name='FatBoyInside']It works only if CC doesn't post an ad correction concerning the delayed release date in-stores for the public to view. Good luck, though.[/quote]

Yes, they've posted notices before that due to a manufacturing delay they won't be honoring the deal.

[quote name='MC Hampster']Yes, they've posted notices before that due to a manufacturing delay they won't be honoring the deal.[/quote]

But if you have a lazy, clueless CC...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The OP refers to the regular and Limited/Collector's, NOT Legendary.[/quote]

Yup, that's it.
Hmm, is any store other than Gamestop gonna carry the Legendary Edition?
If so, then I better pre-order there, as everyplace seems to only mention the regular or Collector's edition

[quote name='kevzik']But if you have a lazy, clueless CC...[/quote]guess ill be running in there on Sept.12 and see what happens. :D

[quote name='Masterchip']Yup, that's it.
If so, then I better pre-order there, as everyplace seems to only mention the regular or Collector's edition[/quote]

Target will carry the Legendary edition, they're just not taking preorders. And if you type the numbers for it into their price checkers, it comes up $99.99, which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere, not saying that won't change though.

[quote name='Gamehead']Darn. I was really hoping for a deal on skate.[/quote]

Well, you may have one. The flyer says in by 9/12, but the word on the street is that the game has been delayed to 9/14. Myabe $20GCs are in order if the CC isn't on the ball??

i'll probably try to get jeanne d' arc and rune factory today from the cc sale (since i can get both for $45 instead of $60).

Tried to order a DS and GBA game online, and despite the site advertising a the B1G50%off deal, it didn't work.

EDIT: Just bought 2 GBA games. Their loss.

[quote name='downsetgo713']Target will carry the Legendary edition, they're just not taking preorders. And if you type the numbers for it into their price checkers, it comes up $99.99, which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere, not saying that won't change though.[/quote]

WOW!
Seriously? That's a deal in it's own, if anything then I'll have to get it there!
Maybe I'll trick my clueless Target to hold one for me if anything

Circuit city is really going down hill now. I tried to order the Sims 2 expansion for my daughter this morning and it would only add to the cart at full price even though their online ad clearly showed the sale price. I called up customer service and they claimed it was an in store only special? WTF? It's not marked as such and I've always been able to get their weekly ad prices online in the past. They said I could go ahead and order it online for full price then drive down and get it price matched when I get it. No thanks. I'll probably just drive over to Walmart and have them price match it.

Also it looks like Jeanne D' Arc isn't part of the buy one get one 50% off special, at least it doesn't show up that way on the website. As much as I've loved circuit city's weekly ads and have bought lots of stuff from them in the past it looks like now they are turing into bait and switch type advertising.

It looks like ths discount doesn't show up on the website if you get two different types of games, ie, a PSP and GBA game but does work if you get two of the same type games, ie 2 PSP games or 2 GBA games

Just got back from store 00831 in Gastonia NC. They would not honor the sale at all... AND they would not honor the prices the games were coming up in the system. They said they just switched to the new system and several of the games were not ringing up right and said if I wanted any of these games they would be $29.99 each (or $39.99 if originally marked as such) and then half off. I said nevermind, forget it, just sell the games to me at the price they are in the system for and I’ll buy them. But no, apparently a few stores around the country have incorrect pricing. I insisted this was not the case as this sale was all over the internet but they wouldn’t budge. These are the games I was willing to purchase at system price WITHOUT the buy one get one sale and the store REFUSED to sell to me: :cry:

DS Pokemon Trozei
DS Little Mermaid
DS Castlevanie Portrait of Room
PSP Metal Gear Ops
PSP Infected....

Got into a heated discussion with one of the supervisors who insisted the games were all in the system wrong and this was only happening at a few stores. Then they told me they would only sell the games to me at the prices marked and I went back to arguing the system price. Finally they told me I had to leave and I wasn’t welcome back in the store ever again. Believe you me, I am filing some serious complaints with the corporate office tomorrow (because they are closed today).

I am never shopping at circuit city again.:cry: I had made a purchase at this store earlier in the morning for some PS2 and 360 games at the $11.36 discount and ended up bringing them back to another store for a refund. I am NEVER shopping at circuit city again. They are a terrible company for firing 90% of their work staff and then hiring back at a lower pay rate. They deceive the public by advertising these really awesome sales and then the price NEVER rings up correctly in the system (last time it was the $19.99 and below accessory that wouldn't work on the xbox live 3 month card). I think they make these sales just to bring people in the store and then make them not work on purpose. TERRIBLE business tactics.

Circuit City really must just be a drain to the other electronics businesses, because I've never actually bought something from them (with the exception of a $5 mp3 player), I just price match their sales at Best Buy.

It's kind of sad when I can get BB to honor Circuit City's sales more often than some people can get Circuit City to do.

If so, then I better pre-order there, as everyplace seems to only mention the regular or Collector's edition[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Best Buy will also be carrying the Legendary Edition...they better, especially since they had preorder boxes for them... :p

[quote name='cheapghg']Just got back from store 00831 in Gastonia NC. They would not honor the sale at all... AND they would not honor the prices the games were coming up in the system. They said they just switched to the new system and several of the games were not ringing up right and said if I wanted any of these games they would be $29.99 each (or $39.99 if originally marked as such) and then half off. I said nevermind, forget it, just sell the games to me at the price they are in the system for and I’ll buy them. But no, apparently a few stores around the country have incorrect pricing. I insisted this was not the case as this sale was all over the internet but they wouldn’t budge. These are the games I was willing to purchase at system price WITHOUT the buy one get one sale and the store REFUSED to sell to me: :cry:

DS Pokemon Trozei
DS Little Mermaid
PSP Metal Gear Ops
PSP Infected....

Got into a heated discussion with one of the supervisors who insisted the games were all in the system wrong and this was only happening at a few stores. Then they told me they would only sell the games to me at the prices marked and I went back to arguing the system price. Finally they told me I had to leave and I wasn’t welcome back in the store ever again. Believe you me, I am filing some serious complaints with the corporate office tomorrow (because they are closed today).

I am never shopping at circuit city again.:cry: I had made a purchase at this store earlier in the morning for some PS2 and 360 games at the $11.36 discount and ended up bringing them back to another store for a refund. I am NEVER shopping at circuit city again. They are a terrible company for firing 90% of their work staff and then hiring back at a lower pay rate. They deceive the public by advertising these really awesome sales and then the price NEVER rings up correctly in the system (last time it was the $19.99 and below accessory that wouldn't work on the xbox live 3 month card). I think they make these sales just to bring people in the store and then make them not work on purpose. TERRIBLE business tactics.[/QUOTE]

Matter you hateD CC or not. Try to go back later this week & get $20 GC Free if the games is NOT IN STOCK & Laugh at them b4 u leave the store, lol

Anyone know how often Best Buy gets Wii systems and on what days they put them out? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='cheapghg']Just got back from store 00831 in Gastonia NC. They would not honor the sale at all... AND they would not honor the prices the games were coming up in the system. They said they just switched to the new system and several of the games were not ringing up right and said if I wanted any of these games they would be $29.99 each (or $39.99 if originally marked as such) and then half off. I said nevermind, forget it, just sell the games to me at the price they are in the system for and I’ll buy them. But no, apparently a few stores around the country have incorrect pricing. I insisted this was not the case as this sale was all over the internet but they wouldn’t budge. These are the games I was willing to purchase at system price WITHOUT the buy one get one sale and the store REFUSED to sell to me: :cry:

DS Pokemon Trozei
DS Little Mermaid
PSP Metal Gear Ops
PSP Infected....

I am never shopping at circuit city again.:cry: I had made a purchase at this store earlier in the morning for some PS2 and 360 games at the $11.36 discount and ended up bringing them back to another store for a refund. I am NEVER shopping at circuit city again. They are a terrible company for firing 90% of their work staff and then hiring back at a lower pay rate. They deceive the public by advertising these really awesome sales and then the price NEVER rings up correctly in the system (last time it was the $19.99 and below accessory that wouldn't work on the xbox live 3 month card). I think they make these sales just to bring people in the store and then make them not work on purpose. TERRIBLE business tactics.[/QUOTE]

i would of got them and then filed a dispute with my credit card company saying they overcharged me. call the 800 line and compain

If so, then I better pre-order there, as everyplace seems to only mention the regular or Collector's edition[/quote]

I pre-ordered the Halo 3 LE at Amazon because I don't like to support Gamestop/EBGames. I did'nt get a price break at Amazon, but you can get free shipping if you don't mind waiting a few days for the delivery.

[quote name='sinistaminista']Does anyone know if the messenger kit for the 360 will be available in black?[/quote]

MS has not said anything about a black messenger kit coming out. You think they would, so it can match the 360 Elit controllers, but how often do they do things that make sense?

DS Pokemon Trozei
DS Little Mermaid
PSP Metal Gear Ops
PSP Infected....

All those games are clearance games at CC nationwide. There must be some absolute morons working there if they had no idea that they clearance out product.

CC in store gave me problems about Jeanne D'Arc and Final Fantasy. The guy initially helping me at the checkout didn't seem to know what he was doing in general. He asked the other checkout person for help, who said it was only what was advertised in the paper. I said it clearly says "All" and that it works on their website. My checkout guy goes to the back to talk to the manager, who said the same thing. I had him ask someone else who ended up being the Assistant Manager. He heard the whole story from my checkout guy of what their associates said, then looked at the paper and said "It says 'All'" So he overwrote the system to give me the deal.

From the looks of the receipt, if I wanted to, I could return Final Fantasy for 30, since it was only taken off of Jeanne D'Arc. (Though I probably won't)

Also got (online, with 10$ off of 10$):
Final Fantasy II and Parappa the Rapper.
I'm hoping Parappa comes with that keychain thing that I see taped on the case at Best Buy and Circuit City.

[quote name='jthieme']Circuit city is really going down hill now. I tried to order the Sims 2 expansion for my daughter this morning and it would only add to the cart at full price even though their online ad clearly showed the sale price. I called up customer service and they claimed it was an in store only special? WTF? It's not marked as such and I've always been able to get their weekly ad prices online in the past. They said I could go ahead and order it online for full price then drive down and get it price matched when I get it. No thanks. I'll probably just drive over to Walmart and have them price match it.

Also it looks like Jeanne D' Arc isn't part of the buy one get one 50% off special, at least it doesn't show up that way on the website. As much as I've loved circuit city's weekly ads and have bought lots of stuff from them in the past it looks like now they are turing into bait and switch type advertising.[/quote]

I haven't seen CC Online honoring their weekly sales in a long time. The only store I know that has their weekly sales online is Best Buy, which is good because I hate their B&M.

got back from CC in NJ

got Mario Kart, Hotel Dusk, Trauma Center, and Brain Age 2 all for DS

prices had to be adjusted manually, but other than that no problems at all...

i'd imagine they'd list the promo on the fliers that you get when you enter the store...

[quote name='bigdaddy']I haven't seen CC Online honoring their weekly sales in a long time. The only store I know that has their weekly sales online is Best Buy, which is good because I hate their B&M.[/QUOTE]

I guess I've just been lucky in the past, I just looked and I've spent over $200 this year at CC and almost $1000 last year, the vast majority from online purchases since I'm over 40minutes from the closest store. And I've always been able to get the advertised price online. I know they will typically sell out pretty quickly so you need to jump on them on Sunday morning if possible but having the item OOS online is a different situation from having it in stock but at a different price.

They really need to make it clear that the special is in store only in their ads, Fry's does this for certain items. I did end up taking a 5min drive to WalMart and they beat CC's price by 25cents so I'm happy. So for the time being I'm done with trying to buy stuff at Circuit City until they get their act together and figure out if they want to be a B&M store only or also an online store. For a while they were really pushing purchasing stuff from their website.

Except the thing is that the same sale is advertised on their online site too. It even specifically says under each title: "Buy one get one 50% off" or something t othat effect in red text.

So will WalMart price match CC's 50% off second handheld title sale? Might just see about grabbing an ad from CC and heading on over to WalMart, seeing as how my local CC's selection of games is absolutely pathetic.

bread's done
Back