9.99 PS2 games @ Target (Xenosaga II, Tekken5,Death By Degrees...)

soulwish2003

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They were price dropping most of the end cap -white price tag- games @ the Target in Viera, FL this morning. These are not 'clearance' or 'temp' price drops... They were working on the PS2 games while I was shopping. Not sure if other systems followed.

These (plus many others) are 9.99:
Tekken 5
Death by Degrees
Xenosaga II
Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom

...some of the 29.99 also dropped to 19.99.

[quote name='soulwish2003']They were price dropping most of the end cap -white price tag- games @ the Target in Viera, FL this morning. These are not 'clearance' or 'temp' price drops... They were working on the PS2 games while I was shopping. Not sure if other systems followed.

These (plus many others) are 9.99:
Tekken 5
Death by Degrees
Xenosaga II
Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom

...some of the 29.99 also dropped to 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Would be nice if you could FIND any of those at a target. Between the 2 rows of Narnia, 3 rows of X-Men, and several quality titles such as Curious George and Gun, you can't find those games at Target any more

Agreed about finding them, was at Target recently and it seems the game section took a serious hit at some point, all the same i'll check it out just in case I missed something

Thanks op

The game shelves at my target have been bare lately. There were 20 of copies of Madden 2005 for 7.48 however. Maybe if they get to be 3.98 I'll pick one up so It can collect dust and I can feel good about picking up a 3.98 video game.

OK, just got back. Unfortunately, no Tekken 5 to be found at my Target but I can verify a few others. All of these were marked with the usual red clearance stickers btw:

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom (gc) - $9.98 (rang up as $13.98, but she price adjusted it since the sticker said $9.98)
Red Dead Revolver (ps2) - $9.98

I also saw, but didn't pick up, these:

007: Everything or Nothing (ps2) - $9.98
GTA Doube-Pack (xbox) - $20.98 (is this a sale?)
The Cat in the Hat (ps2) - $6.98

There were some more that I don't remember. Again, this probably belongs in the Target clearance thread since that's how the games were marked at my store.

[quote name='eau']Anyone verified the $9.99 price for Tekken 5?[/QUOTE]

All the drops I listed had not been at my Target before, so I'd be willing to be that if there had been a Tekken 5 there it would have been marked down.

I was just at my local target and they, oddly, didn't have any PS2 games marked down.

However, they had some budget games for 7.98 on the GBA and PC (nothing remotely interesting), Infected and Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects for 9.98 for the PSP, and Rainbow Six: Lockdown for 4.98.

Genji and Getaway: Black Monday were the only things in-stock at 9.99. Target clears out space like this every time we transition into a new console generation. Luckily, it has meant ridiculously good clearance hauls at my local Target in the last couple of months.

If anyone doesn't have Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, it's also on clearance for $4.98. You've got to get this if you don't have it yet.

[quote name='mbstuff']Genji and Getaway: Black Monday were the only things in-stock at 9.99. Target clears out space like this every time we transition into a new console generation. Luckily, it has meant ridiculously good clearance hauls at my local Target in the last couple of months.[/QUOTE]

Remember... these are not beind the glass... Genji and Getaway are behind glass - right?

Look at the end caps where they put the older games that are under $30. The shelf where they place the games like books on a books shelf. That is where you will find these titles.

[quote name='zebbers']Do people really dislike Gun that much? I thought it was a pretty decent, ialbeit linear, game.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing through Gun right now since I grabbed it in the CC sale, and I'm loving it. Excellent game imo.

[quote name='svrasputin']If anyone doesn't have Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, it's also on clearance for $4.98. You've got to get this if you don't have it yet.[/quote]

Meh, I like the PC version better when I play FPS games.

[quote name='zebbers']Do people really dislike Gun that much? I thought it was a pretty decent, ialbeit linear, game.[/quote]

The problem with GUN was it's length, and the fact that once you get 100% it's basically a dead fish. And it's easy to get that 100. I could easily play through it a few times just for the story and gameplay though. That's top notch stuff.

[quote name='ManChowder']all these for xbox and rang up $4.98:

- Rainbow 6: Lockdown
- POP: Warrior Within
- 187 Ride or Die[/quote]

I'd love POP: Warrior Within for that price. I wonder if that is also the price of it for PS2. Red Dead Revolver is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'd love POP: Warrior Within for that price. I wonder if that is also the price of it for PS2. Red Dead Revolver is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Well as usual the amount of the markdown varries from store to store, but PoP:WW is on clearance at my Target for $9.98. So odds are if your store still has it it's marked down, it's just a question of how much.

I didn't see anything marked down in the PS2 section, but GameCubes did get a temporary price cut to 89.99, and Baten Kaitos and a couple others were marked down to $20.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Meh, I like the PC version better when I play FPS games.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I scored Xenosaga II, Infected & Me & My Katamari fro $9.99 each. FYI Xenosaga II was hidden "in the back" & I would have never known they had it if not for a friend of mine that works there.

[quote name='zebbers']Do people really dislike Gun that much? I thought it was a pretty decent, ialbeit linear, game.[/QUOTE]

No, not dislike, just seems that Target has at least 2 dozen copies of it and has been late on most PS2 new releases for the past two months.

I find it strange, simply because it seems portable system new releases are there on launch dates.

Target is just weird though, the accesories have more shelf space than the games, even though there are less accesories to be had. The DS/GBA section dwarfs the PS2 section, the Xbox and Gamecube sections are practically non existent, and the 360 just gets an endcap, a demo machine, and half a bin for games. And then there's the priceless, unorganized endcaps of budget games...

At least that's the way every Target I've been to seems, unless Gun is a HUGE seller for them, I don't know why they have so many of them.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I scored Xenosaga II, Infected & Me & My Katamari fro $9.99 each. FYI Xenosaga II was hidden "in the back" & I would have never known they had it if not for a friend of mine that works there.[/quote]

ME & MY KATAMARI FOR $10??!?!?

[quote name='UncleGuito']ME & MY KATAMARI FOR $10??!?!?[/quote]

Seriously, what a rip-off. Katamari sucks :cry:

Anyway, even though I'm not the biggest Tekken fan, I'd love to pick up 5 for $10, but then again I'm gonna have to pass this time - too many other games to play at the moment.

Just went to Target, no Me & My Katamari

They did have Infected, however. It was marked as $40 and it came up as $10. They pulled all the rest for a repricing after I got mine for $10

[quote name='ManChowder']all these for xbox and rang up $4.98:

- Rainbow 6: Lockdown
- POP: Warrior Within
- 187 Ride or Die[/quote]

All the POP games reviewed well, but nobody seems to care. Might pick it up for $4.98 though.

[quote name='sarausagi']No, not dislike, just seems that Target has at least 2 dozen copies of it and has been late on most PS2 new releases for the past two months.

I find it strange, simply because it seems portable system new releases are there on launch dates.

Target is just weird though, the accesories have more shelf space than the games, even though there are less accesories to be had. The DS/GBA section dwarfs the PS2 section, the Xbox and Gamecube sections are practically non existent, and the 360 just gets an endcap, a demo machine, and half a bin for games. And then there's the priceless, unorganized endcaps of budget games...

At least that's the way every Target I've been to seems, unless Gun is a HUGE seller for them, I don't know why they have so many of them.[/QUOTE]

Gun sold horribly. Bestbuy in tenly town dc has like 30 copies of it. It was soppouse to sell well but didnt expically durring the christmass season but call of duty took all the sales for activistion. Every store has so many copies of Gun, circuit city, best buy, gamestop, etc. Get red dead relvover if you like gun and vice versa.

[quote name='sarausagi']Would be nice if you could FIND any of those at a target. Between the 2 rows of Narnia, 3 rows of X-Men, and several quality titles such as Curious George and Gun, you can't find those games at Target any more[/QUOTE]

You must be shopping at the Targets near me in Daly City/CA :(

Narnia everywhere , as if the movie wasnt bad enough the cheesy game is all up in my face

[quote name='RollingSkull']I wouldn't bend over to pick up Death by Degrees.[/quote]

I bent over to pick up Death by Degrees and realize it's a waste of my 3 seconds of bending my back, should have read your post before :bomb:

i paid $4.99 for Death By Degrees thinking it would be funny to just try out...well, I try not to live with regrets, but this will haunt me the rest of my life.

can't find Katamari or Tekken 5.

[quote name='toldawg128']No luck finding Tekken 5.

I saw the Beatmania Bundle for $39.99. Don't know if that's a good deal or not.[/QUOTE]

it's the cheapest you'll find it right now.

My Target had a few of the games mentioned earlier in the thread at said prices...picked up 007: Everything or Nothing for $9 something, but Xenosaga II was still $19.99.

I wouldn't mind Xenosaga II for 9.99, except Target is so far away it'd be like 4 or 5 bucks in gas just to get there and back.

bread's done
Back