90% of Sony Music Unlimted for PS+

[quote name='plus1zero']Kinda like Spotify...but it costs money.[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the premium version of Spotify?

Any opinions on whether or not this is worth it even at $12 for a year? Solid music library? Good quality and features?

I have it heard that it has a pretty good music library, and you can make playlists and listen to them while playing games.

[quote name='GtownThor']I have it heard that it has a pretty good music library, and you can make playlists and listen to them while playing games.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what? Are you sure about that?

Also, out of curiosity, is this sort of like the ps plus trials where they force you to have a credit card on file with an auto renewal you have to disable, or is it just a one-time purchase with psn credit?

[quote name='MR_E']Also, out of curiosity, is this sort of like the ps plus trials where they force you to have a credit card on file with an auto renewal you have to disable, or is it just a one-time purchase with psn credit?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure, but no disrespect, honestly why does this matter? just turn it off or remove your card?

[quote name='GtownThor']I am not sure, but no disrespect, honestly why does this matter? just turn it off or remove your card?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I just don't like being forced into entering my credit card if I don't want something to auto-renew to begin with. Not a big deal, really. But it might kill the deal for anyone on here who doesn't have a credit card and makes their purchases with psn cards.

[quote name='MR_E']Personally, I just don't like being forced into entering my credit card if I don't want something to auto-renew to begin with. Not a big deal, really. But it might kill the deal for anyone on here who doesn't have a credit card and makes their purchases with psn cards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess I can see your point. Just wanted to ask because I always see people asking this.

[quote name='PublikDefender']That's such an awkward, ridiculous workaround. The vita should have launched with this feature. Sony is absolutely hopeless, and I'm saying this as a ps+ member who is thinking about getting the black friday vita bundle.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I would like to have instant access to music like I did on my 360. The music feature on 360 is the only reason I miss it.

I highly recommend it! It's a steal at that price. I literally use Music Unlimited on my Vita everytime I go around and the fact you can create your own offline playlists makes it even better. I think I'd buy two year subscriptions since it's this cheap.

[quote name='TheBomb69']What kind of selection are we talking about? Any links to view?[/QUOTE]

Here's the main home page
https://music.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Here's something from the playstation blog talking about the integration with the vita.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...c-unlimited-videos-now-available-for-ps-vita/

Review at PC Magazine (they say it is alright although the catalog has some holes)
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401747,00.asp

And GtownThor, some of us are still wary of giving Sony CC information based on past experience...Personally, I'm never going to do it again.

Does the Android app work on non-Sony phones?

I tried it on my S2 and keep getting stuck at 54% and it coming up with a network error saying it can't connect even though both my 3g and wifi are on and working. I would totally go in and try it out for $12 if I knew how to fix that.

you can try the 14 day free trial with no CC info required for anyone wondering about music library. Just made a nice SOAD playlist

[quote name='Umair56']Does the Android app work on non-Sony phones?

I tried it on my S2 and keep getting stuck at 54% and it coming up with a network error saying it can't connect even though both my 3g and wifi are on and working. I would totally go in and try it out for $12 if I knew how to fix that.[/QUOTE]

not available on my nexus 7........

How do I get it for that price? I'm a PS+ member and the only options I'm getting is 60 days free, 1 year ($59.99), and $4.99 (I assume a month?).

[quote name='ZeTeny']How do I get it for that price? I'm a PS+ member and the only options I'm getting is 60 days free, 1 year ($59.99), and $4.99 (I assume a month?).[/QUOTE]

You'll get a message with the offer from PSN on your PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rockstarnati']You'll get a message with the offer on PSN on your PS3.[/QUOTE]

I see. It seems I haven't got the message yet on my PS3. I'll keep an eye on it and hope I get one.

I spent 3 hours creating playlist to jam to already. Probably do the same thing the next 3 hours too. Seriously, not one person who likes music and has PS+ should miss out on this. Twelve freaking dollars!

And for anyone who needs to manually install the music unlimited app on their android device I have a direct download of the apk. I have an Korean Galaxy Note, so they tried to block me on the store. That didn't work out for them... PM me if you need it.

[quote name='fmills15']I spent 3 hours creating playlist to jam to already. Probably do the same thing the next 3 hours too. Seriously, not one person who likes music and has PS+ should miss out on this. Twelve freaking dollars![/QUOTE]
$1 a month!
icon14.gif

One thing I have discovered after paying for this (I figured it was a no brainier at $1 a month as someone said so no huge disappointment) is that you can only stream to one device at a time. As someone with 2 Bravia TVs , a PS3 and a pair of iPhones around the house my only pain will be making sure the wife isn't trying to use it while I am listening somewhere else. Like I say , not a biggie - just FYI.

[quote name='Pericynthion']One thing I have discovered after paying for this (I figured it was a no brainier at $1 a month as someone said so no huge disappointment) is that you can only stream to one device at a time. As someone with 2 Bravia TVs , a PS3 and a pair of iPhones around the house my only pain will be making sure the wife isn't trying to use it while I am listening somewhere else. Like I say , not a biggie - just FYI.[/QUOTE]

It's the same with Spotify. Not so bothersome for me though. I just get cut off on the PC when the wife is using it in the car. And as much as I love Spotify, I think I'm gonna have to switch. $12 a year sounds better than $120.

[quote name='Pericynthion']One thing I have discovered after paying for this (I figured it was a no brainier at $1 a month as someone said so no huge disappointment) is that you can only stream to one device at a time. As someone with 2 Bravia TVs , a PS3 and a pair of iPhones around the house my only pain will be making sure the wife isn't trying to use it while I am listening somewhere else. Like I say , not a biggie - just FYI.[/QUOTE]

I just ran this on my iPad, Android phone, and PS3 simultaneously and it works no problem for me. Played 3 different songs from genres that I hate so there wouldn't be a cache.

Edit: My android stopped playback, but my PS3 and ipad didn't. I'm thinking the PS3 is a device exception because of logging into PSN to access the native app and not the music app itself like another device would.

Seems to be a nice service. I like that you can use the songs as custom soundtracks on the Vita and you can access up to 1000 songs in offline mode.

Excellent value even at $1 per month. I have been interested in the service for a while but the regular price was too much for me. I plan on getting a lot of use out of the service in the next year.

[quote name='Wario64']You don't need a message to get it for $12. It's on the PSN store. You just need PS+[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Seems like it stacked with the 60 day trial too. My subscription doesn't end till Jan 20th 2014.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Awesome. Seems like it stacked with the 60 day trial too. My subscription doesn't end till Jan 20th 2014.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks

I actually signed up for this last night. I already added like 20-30 albums to my playlists that are now available to listen to offline on my phone as well as my Vita. The app actually works very well on my OG Droid (my xperia play happened to shit the bed yesterday). I'm actually liking the service a lot, and streaming audio was actually very smooth over my crappy 3g signal as well. For $12 for the entire year for basically an unlimited catalog (There was only a handful of albums I couldnt find that I looked for (no Pharoahe Monch... wtf) so I'm actually very pleased with it.

I'm liking the service a lot so far. I've been having some connection issues on my iPhone, but nothing too bad. The quality streaming in my car is great and the selection is awesome. Easily worth the cheap cost.

Wow , I didn't realize how much I would like this service. Added over a hundred songs with no sign of stopping. :D Thanks for posting this, works great on my Samsung S3. I knew ps+ would come in handy.

Uploading my music now...which will take around a week or so...I didn't know you actually had to upload your library, I thought it just looked for songs you had that they also had...

I'd just like to point out that it says in the description on the Playstation Store that it will NOT auto renew. I saw some people were worried about that.

The Android App is only working like half the time so far on my Verizon Galaxy S3. I'll try to spend more time with it to see if it gets better.

[quote name='K_G']
And GtownThor, some of us are still wary of giving Sony CC information based on past experience...Personally, I'm never going to do it again.[/QUOTE]

You mean how they were investigated and shown to have properly encrypted and protected CC info according to law? Maybe how credit card companies said there saw no evidence of stolen credit card numbers from Sony?

I can see being very protective of your information but it isn't like Sony didn't properly protect your info.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Has anyone tried uploading songs from their library? If so did you encounter any issues?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's working fine for me (Verizon, Samsung S3). I've uploaded 4 different playlist and there working fine in offline mode. Make sure you log off ps3 or computer though or it won't let you log in. That's the only thing I don't like so far.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Yes it's working fine for me (Verizon, Samsung S3). I've uploaded 4 different playlist and there working fine in offline mode. Make sure you log off ps3 or computer though or it won't let you log in. That's the only thing I don't like so far.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I am able to log in via PS3 and PC via the Music Sync app. But it just took a really long time for the upload to start, but it is working now. The odd thing is that it has uploaded a song that I do not have...something from 100 Traditional Yiddish, Hebrew, and Jewish Folk Classics.

Does it upload your actual songs or does it try to find the song in their own library?

[quote name='Umair56']Does the Android app work on non-Sony phones?

I tried it on my S2 and keep getting stuck at 54% and it coming up with a network error saying it can't connect even though both my 3g and wifi are on and working. I would totally go in and try it out for $12 if I knew how to fix that.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue, I was able to fix it by clearing the app's cache and data in Android's settings.

[quote name='GtownThor']not available on my nexus 7........[/QUOTE]

You can grab the APK from this post on XDA and sideload it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32045493&postcount=16

Works fine for me on my N7.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back