$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Can someone repost the link to where you redeem for 3 free games?

Or is it just automatic if I create an ID and sign into the PSN store?[/QUOTE]
yup that's all you do, be sure to select let sony give you emails for offers. then you play the wait and see game like how I'm right now. :pray:

[quote name='david12795']if it aint broke, then dont fix it[/QUOTE]

You serious? It was broken then, it still is broken now without The HEN. Lets pay more for digital distribution when UMDs are going for cheaper NEW. $250(now $200, still too much) for a product that's been out for 5 years is ridiculous. Care to explain to us why they dropped $50 on it? Oh that's right, the shit wasn't selling, it bombed hard. No way would I have bought the Go if it didn't drop to $149 with sale.

Here's the link again for people still wanting the free 3 games without logging into the PSN store on the Go. Just register your product and wait 7-10 business days. http://us.playstation.com/registration/product/

[quote name='Donutkid2222']yup that's all you do, be sure to select let sony give you emails for offers. then you play the wait and see game like how I'm right now. :pray:[/QUOTE]

Crap I opted out of that. Sigh.

[quote name='gokou36']You serious? It was broken then, it still is broken now without The HEN. Lets pay more for digital distribution when UMDs are going for cheaper NEW. $250(now $200, still too much) for a product that's been out for 5 years is ridiculous. Care to explain to us why they dropped $50 on it? Oh that's right, the shit wasn't selling, it bombed hard. No way would I have bought the Go if it didn't drop to $149 with sale.

Here's the link again for people still wanting the free 3 games without logging into the PSN store on the Go. Just register your product and wait 7-10 business days. http://us.playstation.com/registration/product/[/QUOTE]

i meant the PSP. it was fine until they made the go. but HEN just came out, it should be a little better now.

ah i remember the psx emulator...wonder if they still have them.

For anyone who bought a go and isn't satisfied with Sony's own dock for it, I just ordered this third party one. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.36297

Unlike Sony's which allows either Charge+Video out or Charge+Data, this one looks to allow all 3 at once, is less than half the price, and with the included adapters looks to allow the use of standard component RCA cables.

i picked up a go for 99 bucks and i have yet to play it :( i do like it i just never have a good time to play handheld games

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If he has a DSlite I'd say no, but I really enjoy my PSPGo due to the form factor and not having to worry about carrying around games. I just throw the system in my coat pocket before a trip and I'm good to go.[/QUOTE]
cause if u ever went somewhere without "bread and circus" u would die

[quote name='Archfiend']cause if u ever went somewhere without "bread and circus" u would die[/QUOTE]

You quote a post I made almost a month ago...for what purpose?

If you are referring to my comment about throwing my PSPGo in my pocket before going on a trip, I didn't mean to the grocery, I meant traveling and 4 hour plane trips and train rides do get a bit boring without a circus to keep me entertained.

Wasn't really expecting to find one of these, but I made a mental list of 4 Gamestops in the area to visit. Lucky me, found one with 6.20 firmware at the first Gamestop I went to... definitely looking forward to playing Peace Walker with my D3.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']For anyone who bought a go and isn't satisfied with Sony's own dock for it, I just ordered this third party one. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.36297

Unlike Sony's which allows either Charge+Video out or Charge+Data, this one looks to allow all 3 at once, is less than half the price, and with the included adapters looks to allow the use of standard component RCA cables.[/QUOTE]

Not knocking on dealextreme since I've ordered from them before without any complaints, but it IS based in China and the product you've linked to has no reviews (many of their products have reviews if you browse through the site). I'd be a bit concerned about product quality and any possibility the dock charger might damage the psp or its battery. Besides, at $13 and >2 week delivery, Amazon's price at $20 isn't so bad for the official dock.

I think you're registering the wrong code or something.

Anyways Fry's.com has the dock for 9.99 but its not available in store or delivery, i'm going to go out there maybe tomorrow to check if thats the real price.

A little on the fence on to grab one or not. All the GS around me have 6.3 installed on all. Checked some sites and it seems the "downgrade" is in the works. Does anyone know for sure or is it just rumor and hearsay? Don't want to get stuck with this thing with 6.3 and no downgrade ever coming (especially with the new model on the horizon).

where do i go to see if the product has been registered properly to my PSN account under us.playstation? i can't seem to find a page where it lists products you have registered

Got mine for $26 after a few trade ins (four pretty old games too) boosted with my 10% Edge card with the 25% extra credit promotion going on. Not to mention my employees discount. :D

Can't wait to get the hacking with it! :)

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']
Not knocking on dealextreme since I've ordered from them before without any complaints, but it IS based in China and the product you've linked to has no reviews (many of their products have reviews if you browse through the site). I'd be a bit concerned about product quality and any possibility the dock charger might damage the psp or its battery. Besides, at $13 and >2 week delivery, Amazon's price at $20 isn't so bad for the official dock.[/QUOTE]

There's really nothing to worry about. These docks are nothing but pass-through devices.

[quote name='jimrome27']It kept saying "dont forget the barcode" everytime I try to register my psp.[/QUOTE]
Add a hypen ('-') to end of it. Yes, it makes no sense, but that's how it works.

For those with a Hardee's coupon and who want to try a price match at Target, today's Radio Shack ad lists the PSPgo for $150.

[quote name='djricekcn']where do i go to see if the product has been registered properly to my PSN account under us.playstation? i can't seem to find a page where it lists products you have registered[/QUOTE]

Go to Account Settings

[quote name='Lucian']Add a hypen ('-') to end of it. Yes, it makes no sense, but that's how it works.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! that worked!

[quote name='jimrome27']Go to Account Settings[/QUOTE]

i wan t to see a list of things I have already register, not wanting to register.

if if's on that same page, i need assistance because i can't find it.

So if I get a used PSP Go am I still eligible for the 3 free games bonus? Can anyone confirm? My GS had a used White Go, gonna go check it out tomorrow.

-

[quote name='needler420']lol its pretty funny at how many consumers are looking for a specific firmware pretty funny lol[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's funny. It's just realistic. I enjoyed Luminees on my Go last night.
Guess what? Without the aid of some hacker, I would've never been able to do that. Luminees is part of my rather large UMD collection, but it's not available on the PSN, so we're just looking to expand the use of this unit. Much like Sony should've done from the beginning.

[quote name='dragonjud']I don't think it's funny. It's just realistic. I enjoyed Luminees on my Go last night.
Guess what? Without the aid of some hacker, I would've never been able to do that. Luminees is part of my rather large UMD collection, but it's not available on the PSN, so we're just looking to expand the use of this unit. Much like Sony should've done from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Hen for 6.31 and 6.35 was released today. Now people can buy the go with any firmware.

[quote name='bgame2']Hen for 6.31 and 6.35 was released today. Now people can buy the go with any firmware.[/QUOTE]

I dont see it on PSP-HACKS yet and from a quick search I don't think it is made by Total Noob. The person was asking for 5 bucks.

Update - Just checked the site and see the news! I will deff be looking into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger news than the HEN is that PS3 and PSP's master keys have been found, allowing any coder to sign any piece of software and have it run on any unmodified PS3/PSP.

[quote name='gunstar808']So if I get a used PSP Go am I still eligible for the 3 free games bonus? Can anyone confirm? My GS had a used White Go, gonna go check it out tomorrow.

-[/QUOTE]

It would seem that the free games are open to any unregistered GOs. So if the original owner never bothered doing so, you're in luck.

/

The master key being leaked may be a good thing for the hacking scene, but the possibility of the PSN ecosystem being compromise certainly isn't. I'd hate to see piracy and cheating becoming a norm on the PS3. Hopefully it'll just inspire Sony to pull an Apple, and implement/fix features the people want so they'd have no reason to "jailbreak". (i.e. Give Linux back)

Does anybody know if this is still going? I'd like to pick one up, but I don't want to drive all the way up and be disappointed

[quote name='baz8771']Does anybody know if this is still going? I'd like to pick one up, but I don't want to drive all the way up and be disappointed[/QUOTE]

Call your local Gamestop to check inventory? This isn't exactly one of those crazy deals where you have to worry about the employees hoarding all the consoles.

hey guys so i found the link (i think its the right link) for the 6.31 + 6.35 HEN files.

but im also new to hacking the psp... i have the PSPgo.

i've never had any of my systems and consoles hacked before. so im just wondering can i still play online and access PSN with this 6.35 HEN?

also i noticed that there is an iso loader as well so does that mean I can play ISOs of PSP games if i download the HEN?

lastly, can i get banned and if i get my psp hacked?.. does that mean if there is a new system update and future games required that new update; i won't be able to play those games until the new HEN for that version is released?

i googled my questions but im still confused what a HEN is, and what it is capable of; because there are emulators, and then are is that ISO eloader and some of the HENs don't include the iso loader.. something like that so im pretty confused.

itll be great if someone can clarify further :)

EDIT: also i have the PSPgo, but no memory stick; if i decide to hack my PSP, can i download the files or games into the internal memory rather than a mem stick? because from what i've been reading, you need a memory stick?

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys so i found the link (i think its the right link) for the 6.31 + 6.35 HEN files.

but im also new to hacking the psp... i have the PSPgo.

i've never had any of my systems and consoles hacked before. so im just wondering can i still play online and access PSN with this 6.35 HEN?

also i noticed that there is an iso loader as well so does that mean I can play ISOs of PSP games if i download the HEN?

lastly, can i get banned and if i get my psp hacked?.. does that mean if there is a new system update and future games required that new update; i won't be able to play those games until the new HEN for that version is released?

i googled my questions but im still confused what a HEN is, and what it is capable of; because there are emulators, and then are is that ISO eloader and some of the HENs don't include the iso loader.. something like that so im pretty confused.

itll be great if someone can clarify further :)

EDIT: also i have the PSPgo, but no memory stick; if i decide to hack my PSP, can i download the files or games into the internal memory rather than a mem stick? because from what i've been reading, you need a memory stick?[/QUOTE]

HEN is a temporary CFW solution (stores in RAM instead of flashing the actual firmware), you can go back to official firmware anytime by simply turning your PSP off. So if you want access to PSN and worry about Sony doing anything sort of firmware check, you can simply reset your PSP.

Currently both Prometheus as well as most other homebrew loaders will ONLY load from internal memory on the GO. They haven't found a way to address both internal and external memories yet.

I can't believe staff let you talk about piracy this much. You guys are pretty much providing everything but the link to the specific download most legit sites would have gave you a infraction but then again for a site that allows game sharing when its against Sony's TOS its kind of expected from the staff as they are probably in the piracy scene themselves turning a blind eye.

ps I'm from a piracy site and in the piracy scene if you read the TOS here and still continue to talk about it here your an idiot. Might as well just ask on gamefaqs since your so smart.

[quote name='needler420']I can't believe staff let you talk about piracy this much. You guys are pretty much providing everything but the link to the specific download most legit sites would have gave you a infraction but then again for a site that allows game sharing when its against Sony's TOS its kind of expected from the staff as they are probably in the piracy scene themselves turning a blind eye.

ps I'm from a piracy site and in the piracy scene if you read the TOS here and still continue to talk about it here your an idiot. Might as well just ask on gamefaqs since your so smart.[/QUOTE]

Who's pirating? Well, except for you since I guess since you admitted it.

I can only speak for myself, but I have about 40 or so UMD PSP games all ripped myself on my 1000 for the loading and convenience.

It's pretty bizarre that Sony can't keep this stuff locked up. I guess the lesson to learn is that someone will eventually find a way. I'm guessing from the reports I've read, the PS3 hacking will have massive ramifications because of how it can affect every PS3 no matter what firmware. Hope PSP2 doesn't have these problems!

[quote name='lawl']These things are so freaking hard to find![/QUOTE]

Just throwing this out there:

I have a white PSP Go with 6.2 firmware that I will be returning in a few hours since I really am not feeling it and I do own a regular PSP already. If anyone wants it for 100 + Tax + shipping cost and possibly a few bucks throw my way I would be glad to ship it out. It has a few scratches on the screen but is very clean. PM me if anyone is interested as I will be returning it soon.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']yup that's all you do, be sure to select let sony give you emails for offers. then you play the wait and see game like how I'm right now. :pray:[/QUOTE]

Here is the e-mail I received from sony regarding the 3 free games. Hope this helps.

"I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your voucher codes for LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. In order to receive the voucher, Please make sure that you have either created a new PlayStation®Network Master account through your new PSP®go system and logged in to the PSN, or signed in to an existing PSN Master account on your new PSPgo. Once this first step is completed, please make sure that you have activated the new PSPgo for games. To activate the PSPgo for games, follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > System Activation > Highlight “Game” and press the “X” button. Next, you will need to “Opt In” to receive notifications from Sony Computer Entertainment (“SCE”). To "Opt In" follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > Account Information > Notification Preferences: At this point, please make sure that there is a check in the box that says, “Yes, I am interested in receiving materials from Sony Computer Entertainment.” Once you receive your voucher code from us, you can change this preference if you do not wish to receive email from SCE. even though Sub-Accounts are eligible for this promotion, due to age restrictions they will not receive the free copy of SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. We are not able to substitute this game for any other game. Please make sure that you have a valid email address (that you can access) as your PSN Sign-In ID. It might take up to 14 business days from the time you completed all of the steps above to receive the email with the voucher codes. I do apologize for the delay you may encounter and the inconvenience this may cause. I assure you, you will receive your voucher. If you have waited the allotted time, please reply back with your Sign-In and Online ID so that we can research this further for you."

[quote name='megamanx']Here is the e-mail I received from sony regarding the 3 free games. Hope this helps.

"I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your voucher codes for LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. In order to receive the voucher, Please make sure that you have either created a new PlayStation®Network Master account through your new PSP®go system and logged in to the PSN, or signed in to an existing PSN Master account on your new PSPgo. Once this first step is completed, please make sure that you have activated the new PSPgo for games. To activate the PSPgo for games, follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > System Activation > Highlight “Game” and press the “X” button. Next, you will need to “Opt In” to receive notifications from Sony Computer Entertainment (“SCE”). To "Opt In" follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > Account Information > Notification Preferences: At this point, please make sure that there is a check in the box that says, “Yes, I am interested in receiving materials from Sony Computer Entertainment.” Once you receive your voucher code from us, you can change this preference if you do not wish to receive email from SCE. even though Sub-Accounts are eligible for this promotion, due to age restrictions they will not receive the free copy of SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. We are not able to substitute this game for any other game. Please make sure that you have a valid email address (that you can access) as your PSN Sign-In ID. It might take up to 14 business days from the time you completed all of the steps above to receive the email with the voucher codes. I do apologize for the delay you may encounter and the inconvenience this may cause. I assure you, you will receive your voucher. If you have waited the allotted time, please reply back with your Sign-In and Online ID so that we can research this further for you."[/QUOTE]
They told me just about the same thing over the phone lol, I called yesterday (Tuesday) and was told to wait another week, until next Wednesday. Sucks because that's the only reason I bought the PSP go, I have no games and a bunch of demos which isn't bad but seriously on the phone it sounded as if they themselves were emailing the codes and not an automated computer system.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Grr can't find one of these anywhere now haha.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, I called all the stores within reason and all said none in stock ;)

Picked up one Monday. Used all Gamestop credit and still have more left. Enjoying it so far! It's in excellent condition. I got pretty lucky.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I don't get how you get the 3 free games if you register. I just registered my PSPGo from the website below, but it didn't do anything.
http://us.playstation.com/registration/product/ [/QUOTE]

There some wait time in getting the registration processed. You may also need to physically signed into PSN with that PSP for them to complete the registration. It's confusing.

[quote name='megamanx']Here is the e-mail I received from sony regarding the 3 free games. Hope this helps.

"I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your voucher codes for LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. In order to receive the voucher, Please make sure that you have either created a new PlayStation®Network Master account through your new PSP®go system and logged in to the PSN, or signed in to an existing PSN Master account on your new PSPgo. Once this first step is completed, please make sure that you have activated the new PSPgo for games. To activate the PSPgo for games, follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > System Activation > Highlight “Game” and press the “X” button. Next, you will need to “Opt In” to receive notifications from Sony Computer Entertainment (“SCE”). To "Opt In" follow this path: PlayStation Network Icon > Account Management > Account Information > Notification Preferences: At this point, please make sure that there is a check in the box that says, “Yes, I am interested in receiving materials from Sony Computer Entertainment.” Once you receive your voucher code from us, you can change this preference if you do not wish to receive email from SCE. even though Sub-Accounts are eligible for this promotion, due to age restrictions they will not receive the free copy of SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3. We are not able to substitute this game for any other game. Please make sure that you have a valid email address (that you can access) as your PSN Sign-In ID. It might take up to 14 business days from the time you completed all of the steps above to receive the email with the voucher codes. I do apologize for the delay you may encounter and the inconvenience this may cause. I assure you, you will receive your voucher. If you have waited the allotted time, please reply back with your Sign-In and Online ID so that we can research this further for you."[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for posting this :D I followed those instructions yesterday and got the code today!

bread's done
Back