$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

What's the current PSP firmware?

I bought one from BestBuy, and it came with 6.10

//edit//
Nm, found out it's 6.37

Last edited by a moderator:
I flipped mine... Well not necessarily flipped since I used my pspgo for two moinths. Then sold it for 190 on amazon after I heard that the ngp is due this fall

I wouldn't consider a PSP Go at any price as I plan on buying an NGP. Whatever the price of the Go is i'll take that and apply it towards the NGP.

Is there an easy way to check availability in stores? I don't mind calling, but there are several nearby stores and that could take awhile.

[quote name='topplehat']Is there an easy way to check availability in stores? I don't mind calling, but there are several nearby stores and that could take awhile.[/QUOTE]

Nope. The item is not listed on the website. Besides, even if they have one or two you'd need to check them out. Some look like they had been hacked with a knife. I visited quite a few stores before I bought the last one.
Got lucky in a mall location (out of all places). They actually had 2 or 3 very good units thanks to the extra traffic in the location (I guess).

Oh, and some locations had a restricted policy that I could not touch the unit unless the employee was holding it :roll:. I can't believe I put up with that crap, and it felt quite awkward trying to check the unit with some idiot attached to it.

[quote name='dragonjud']Nope. The item is not listed on the website. Besides, even if they have one or two you'd need to check them out. Some look like they had been hacked with a knife. I visited quite a few stores before I bought the last one.
Got lucky in a mall location (out of all places). They actually had 2 or 3 very good units thanks to the extra traffic in the location (I guess).

Oh, and some locations had a restricted policy that I could not touch the unit unless the employee was holding it :roll:. I can't believe I put up with that crap, and it felt quite awkward trying to check the unit with some idiot attached to it.[/QUOTE]

Darn, I was hoping to filter out some locations before calling/visiting.

[quote name='jacobeid']I found one of these at my local gamestop in good condition so I picked it up. It came preloaded with ghost of sparta, patapon 2, little big planet, rockband unplugged, and Fifa 2010. Score!

If I link this to my PS account, will I be able to keep the games?[/QUOTE]

Scratch that. The system wasn't in as good of shape as I thought. I found a white one (the color I really wanted) at another store that was essentially NIB. I'm hoping I can get the code for the 3 games..

[quote name='Donutkid2222']no! don't do that, the games will get locked without that account. You can try to get the login info from sony.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a bad idea. The login info belongs to a PSN account that belongs to someone else. Just because they got rid of their PSPGo doesn't mean they've abandoned their PSN account.

I recently bought another one last week from GS, in like new condition and I love it. Sold my first one shortly after it came out (got $200 for it from GS with a system trade in special and had a feeling the credit value was going to drop fast). I do understand why some people don't like it but it doesn't make the system not good. As a precursor to the mostly digital NGP, I love that I know that any game I buy for my PSP Go will be transferable to it. As a person who's always on the move, for the moments when I'm not driving, I love that I can pull out a light gaming system and get some Persona 3 Portable in before I get to my destination or while I'm waiting somewhere. It does have a lot of good features that probably will be in the NGP and since the NGP is almost a year away, I figured this would be a good system to hold me over until then.

I pick one up last week and I'm enjoying it. I found a white one and it's in pretty good shape was hoping to get the 3 free games but I dont think Im getting them. :(

Does anyone have an updated sku or a link that can be used to find one of these in GameStop.com's online system? I'm trying to reduce the # of phone calls to make in order to find one...

Just for reference, if you log in to your PSN account with your go, you don't receive a confirmation of it registering. I logged in using a used go(not expecting the 3 games) but I got an email with a code to download the games two days later. I didn't even enter a serial number or anything, just logged in.

I may have to run by my good Gamestop today and see if they can run the check in system. If they can, I'll get the SKU and post it here. If I thought I could get one with the games, I'd do it in a heartbeat with my credit...

bread's done
Back