A Bug's Life Blu-ray $19.99 TRU

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
This is nationwide. When you go in the store, there will NOT be a sale tag on it or anything, and they will be marked $30. But when the cashier rings it up, it will say NOW $19.99. There are hundreds of people on Blu-ray.com who have been doin this, as well as I. It works fine, no hassle. Get this great deal on one of the best Blu's of '09! Happy hunting!!

OFFER ENDS JUNE 21!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I took my 3 year old, and I'd do it again. She seemed to love the movie, and none of the "adult" content bothered her or the other kids in the theater.

Yeah seriously. Almost all "kids movies" have at least some adult themes in them. I mean no matter which ones you look at. The Lion King had a LOT of them, and kids ate it up. Even the classics like Snow White & Sleeping Beauty and others had a lot of violence and such, and they were rated G, so I think UP is absolutely kid friendly.

The movie has a LOT of life lessons in them. Some subtle, some blunt, but it's a fantastic movie that literally had me on the edge of my seat laughing at some parts. It's beautifully animated, looks INCREDIBLE in Disney Digital 3D and the characters are genuinely original and very likeable. C'mon, you have to give credit to Pixar for making the main character a 78-year-old retiree. That's not something you see everyday!

[quote name='goomba478']gameboykid14, I think blk00civicsi is referring to the fact that there are many mature themes in the beginning, but I don't think they are at all put-offish ones that would disappoint kids or anything. There were a ton of kids in the theatre and they all seemed to love the movie. I won't spoil the movie plot or events by telling specifically what happens, but they are realistic life-events that happen to everyone.

The movie is rated PG, and not G, but it still is a must-see in my book. The more adult themes will largely be over most kid's head anyhow and I think Pixar presented them masterfully. If you want to know specifically what I'm referring to you can PM me. I wouldn't want to spoil anything for other viewers of the forum :)[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to know from the trailers that Carl is by himself. So...

The intro of the movie deals with his and Ellie's (his future wife) love of adventure. The beginning is fast forward through their life and the inability to go to South American falls they dreamed of. Ellie passes away and Carl is sad.

The movie is quite heart wrenching, but it is certainly nothing for parents to be "upset" with. If parents were so scared of having their kids exposed to death--- DON'T HAVE THEM.

Agreed :) And with that I'm off to work. Sorry guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread into a conversation about how awesome "UP" was ^_^ Just didn't want any Pixar fans to miss it while it's in theatres. I think it has high potential to win an Oscar for animated film. Go see it ;)

[quote name='gameboykid14']If I find a copy of A Bugs Life with movie cash I was gonna take my 7 year old cousin with me to see Up. What exactly do you mean by "It's fairly geared towards a more mature audience for nearly the 1st half"?[/QUOTE]

Your cousin should understand the tones of the 1st half. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from seeing it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and there were a ton of children in the theater with us. Overall the movie is extremely enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone I've met asking about opinions. It's just I overheard some parents saying that the movie was horrible due to the adult nature of the 1st half hour.

I don't think that those children that don't understand the "adult" nature would be turned off by the movie at all. It's just not "Toy Story, Cars, or Nemo" where those catered to children from start to finish.

A Bug's Life [BD] with Slipcover - $19.99

263tpbq.jpg
2qtajcy.jpg

Checklists
- Spoke to CS clearly- YES
- AD or Newspaper - NO
- Check price by phone or online - NO
- Check for stock availability - NO
- Pricematched - YES
- Complain - NO
- Time - 4 minutes
- Result - Priceless :D

Eww but that sticker on the slip cover will never come off without leaving residue behind.

My TRU is still sold out..

If you're talking about the Best Buy sticker, those come off ridiculously easy. If you're talking about the other one, why would you want to remove it; it's part of the original packaging

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']A Bug's Life [BD] with Slipcover - $19.99

263tpbq.jpg
2qtajcy.jpg

Checklists
- Spoke to CS clearly- YES
- AD or Newspaper - NO
- Check price by phone or online - NO
- Check for stock availability - NO
- Pricematched - YES
- Complain - NO
- Time - 4 minutes
- Result - Priceless :D[/QUOTE]

I also got my pm from Burbank and received an extra dollar off since I previously purchased it. I did however have to give back the poster, which I didn't really care for anyhow. I would rather have the $11 back plus the movie cash.

[quote name='jazzman']I also got my pm from Burbank and received an extra dollar off since I previously purchased it. I did however have to give back the poster, which I didn't really care for anyhow. I would rather have the $11 back plus the movie cash.[/QUOTE]
How did you the movie cash? I'm pissed. I really wanna see UP. :bomb:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How did you the movie cash? I'm pissed. I really wanna see UP. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I purchased it when it was first released prior to UP opening in theaters. Perhaps it was only the initial batch that included the movie cash.

[quote name='jazzman']I purchased it when it was first released prior to UP opening in theaters. Perhaps it was only the initial batch that included the movie cash.[/QUOTE]
blah... i just sent an email to disney dept. to request a movie code.

My TRU sucks when it comes to Blu-rays. They're spread out in four different sections of the store, and it's always the same stock. Maybe because no one buys Blu from them, they don't get new stock. So no Bug's Life for me.

Got my copy just now from my one and only TRU. They had a few copies and rack was clearly marked $19.99 for that title as well as a few others. Had the Up movie cash sticker as well. Now I just have to find time to see it before the coupon expires. :/

Did not see this mentioned but Wall-E on BD was priced at $19.99 at my local store. I can only assume it is national.

I passed on a Bug's life just because I already have the DVD. If I had another $10 off $50 coupon then I might have bought it plus Cars and Wall-E.

I think this has turned into a YMMV. I went back to my Toys R Us today hoping they got some copies in. They had two out, but neither had a sticker saying "movie cash for Up included". I grab one anyway, when the guy scans it it comes up $29.99. I tell tell him that's not right it's suppose to be $19.99, he goes to where I got the blu-ray and tells me the sign back there said Cars is that price. I left with nothing.

Thx OP, picked up the last copy at my local store for $20. Too bad it didnt include the Up movie cash but still, a pretty good deal.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Did not see this mentioned but Wall-E on BD was priced at $19.99 at my local store. I can only assume it is national.

I passed on a Bug's life just because I already have the DVD. If I had another $10 off $50 coupon then I might have bought it plus Cars and Wall-E.[/QUOTE]

I used $10 off $50 coupon to get this movie for $15.99 plus some clearance games.

[quote name='gameboykid14']I think this has turned into a YMMV. I went back to my Toys R Us today hoping they got some copies in. They had two out, but neither had a sticker saying "movie cash for Up included". I grab one anyway, when the guy scans it it comes up $29.99. I tell tell him that's not right it's suppose to be $19.99, he goes to where I got the blu-ray and tells me the sign back there said Cars is that price. I left with nothing.[/QUOTE]

I think they need to hit something on the register for it to come up for $19.99. When the girl at my TRU first scanned it in, it said something like "$29.99 promo" on the register screen and then she hit another button and it came up $19.99.

[quote name='gameboykid14']I think this has turned into a YMMV. I went back to my Toys R Us today hoping they got some copies in. They had two out, but neither had a sticker saying "movie cash for Up included". I grab one anyway, when the guy scans it it comes up $29.99. I tell tell him that's not right it's suppose to be $19.99, he goes to where I got the blu-ray and tells me the sign back there said Cars is that price. I left with nothing.[/QUOTE]

He probably didn't scan it right, you have to go to item info on the computer screen or complete the ring up all the way to when you have to pay. Using the stores customer scanner should show any sale price or say "Promo" as well. Go back, have him ring it up all the way, when he hits total it should show the sale price. When you get it then complain, there's no reason he shouldn't know this.

[quote name='Despacio']He probably didn't scan it right, you have to go to item info on the computer screen or complete the ring up all the way to when you have to pay. Using the stores customer scanner should show any sale price or say "Promo" as well. Go back, have him ring it up all the way, when he hits total it should show the sale price. When you get it then complain, there's no reason he shouldn't know this.[/QUOTE]That's correct. Most of the TRU discounts and the like only show the final price when the rep totals out the transaction. TRU has been this way for years.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's correct. Most of the TRU discounts and the like only show the final price when the rep totals out the transaction. TRU has been this way for years.[/QUOTE]
Good info guys. I'll be sure to do that when I get my copy.

after failing to get walmart to pricematch (tried because walmart is about 10 miles closer to my house than TRU), i got the second-to-last copy that my local (olympia, wa) TRU had.

thanks for the tip!!

-- Garrett

Can anyone confirm that this is still going on? Just called my local TRU and they told me it is 29.99 but I had them hold it for me as it is the last one.

Edit: Just got back with my copy. It was kind of suspenseful as it initially rang up as 29.99 and I think after totaling it dropped to 19.99. Thanks OP! this is my personal favorite of all the Pixar flicks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dfoz3']Can anyone confirm that this is still going on? Just called my local TRU and they told me it is 29.99 but I had them hold it for me as it is the last one.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be through 6/21

ok .. so it will ring up 29.99 at register.. and then drop to 19.99? is there a prompt on screen or something at the register? i still have that $20 gc from res evil 5

Has anyone else had a problem printing the voucher? I entered in all the codes but it won't advance to the printout screen. I tried using the link they emailed to me but got the same result. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bread's done
Back