A Festivus for the Rest of Us: General Gaming Thread #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']Whoknows manages to completely miss the point, as usual.

My complaint was not with difficulty but with the fact that in order to pass that mission, I had to rely on loopholes in the AI and sitting inside this "clone room" where soldiers were popping out of, to stop them from appearing. The game is an atrocity of design in single player and pretty mediocre in multiplayer. CoD2 on Veteran was some of the most fun I've ever had with an FPS, and it just sucks that IW wasn't able to make as good of a game.[/QUOTE]
Well I played it on hardened as well and didn't have to rely on any loopholes so it must be just you.

And you're probably one in a million that thinks the game is mediocre.

[quote name='whoknows']You're fault for playing it on hardened, if you suck you should have played on normal to get the most out of the game. That extraction level is probably the hardest part of any COD game, but saying the single player sucks just because you got frustrated...[/quote]
Why do you even bother feeding the troll? He just posts shit like that to get a reply from someone, as he knows full well some one will reply to him and then he starts and you can never shut him up. Just ignore him dude he isn't worth your time. This thread was a lot better when he left or just didn't post at all IMO.

Yeah........

Anyway started TRL and it's okay so far, but I need to give it more time to see if I want to continue it or not. Probably looking to trade this in as well lol. I couldn't even finish Time Shift from my lack of interest in it.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Yeah........

Anyway started TRL and it's okay so far, but I need to give it more time to see if I want to continue it or not. Probably looking to trade this in as well lol. I couldn't even finish Time Shift from my lack of interest in it.[/QUOTE]

They tried to make Lara seem really cool, but she acts kinda dorky in Legend and Anniversary

[quote name='whoknows']They tried to make Lara seem really cool, but she acts kinda dorky in Legend and Anniversary[/quote]

She still has them nice assets though eh? ;)

[quote name='jer7583']Whoknows manages to completely miss the point, as usual.

My complaint was not with difficulty but with the fact that in order to pass that mission, I had to rely on loopholes in the AI and sitting inside this "clone room" where soldiers were popping out of, to stop them from appearing. The game is an atrocity of design in single player and pretty mediocre in multiplayer. CoD2 on Veteran was some of the most fun I've ever had with an FPS, and it just sucks that IW wasn't able to make as good of a game.[/QUOTE]
That's your opinion and you're in a very small minority.

COD2's (360) GR = 90%
COD4's (360) GR = 94.5%

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Why do you even bother feeding the troll? He just posts shit like that to get a reply from someone, as he knows full well some one will reply to him and then he starts and you can never shut him up. Just ignore him dude he isn't worth your time. This thread was a lot better when he left or just didn't post at all IMO.[/QUOTE]

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

I haven't played a game over live as much as CoD4 in all of my time on Xbox or 360.

The game is just a masterpiece.

I won't say the single player is the best on the market for a FPS, but it's very good.

The MP is simply awesome. So much variety, and it's just a game you can sit down for 1 hour and play. Or, like me you can play all night for 6 hours and not get bored.

^
well not live but ive never played a local multiplayer game as much as rock band
my friends came over last saturday and we played for like 5 hours and they didnt even realize it till it was 10:30(they came at like 4) :lol:

This thread has taken a turn for the worse recently.
Alot of our discussion has taken to fanboyish rants with people calling each other out.
It's getting stupid, if someone does not like a game let them, its not hurting your enjoyment of the game.

Anyways,
360 died last night.
I towel'd it and its going again, time to finish mass erect.

Kengo: Legend of the Nine arrived yesterday. Not enough time put in to make a judgement call. But for $15, I figure it'll kill time between the holidays.

How many 360's have you had, InuFaye? I'm on my third one. First was RROD, second didn't completely die; it would either refuse to read a game, or it would freeze at the 360 splash screen. Third one is running strong, but VF5 will probably be the end of it.

Today, freezing rain = not leaving the house, so I'm gaming all day. Don't know what to play.

This is my 3rd dead one.
I made it Red Ring because of a faulty dvd drive that wouldnt be covered under a warranty.

I bought the warranty back when I got my 360 in December 2005. Even at that point, I read about some problems with it. My first one lasted 9 months, the second 11, but it didn't get the RROD. My third one hasn't been played as much. My PC replaced my 360, and if I didn't like playing VF5, I'd probably sell it and just buy a new one later when Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out. Maybe I'll do that anyway.

We should play some VF5 hankme.
I have an original launch system that lasted 4 months, the replacement after that lasted about 8 months, and the one that just died has lasted from them.

I want to build a new PC, but the Crave for a bigger TV is more.

[quote name='InuFaye']
I want to build a new PC, but the Crave for a bigger TV is more.[/QUOTE]

Good. Give into that feeling.

I'd be up for some VF5.

We should make a ggt vf5 tourney.
We could have awesome prizes such as this used cherry coke can that is beside my computer.

[quote name='InuFaye']We should make a ggt vf5 tourney.
We could have awesome prizes such as this used cherry coke can that is beside my computer.[/QUOTE]

knowing how things go, the fighter thread would then adopt it.

I'm still on my first 360 and it's a launch one.

but other than that, I too, would be interested in participating in this VF5 that is being spoken of.

[quote name='InuFaye']We should make a ggt vf5 tourney.
We could have awesome prizes such as this used cherry coke can that is beside my computer.[/QUOTE]

I can top that. I've got a lukewarm unopened bottle of Ozarka water. Ultra rare. This is the original style of bottle, not Eco-friendly one.

I'd be up for a tournament. I'd like to add to the prize haul my unopened can of Mountain Dew. Best by April 26, 1996. My friend has some pancake mix from 1993 that he wouldn't mind me adding also.

[quote name='InuFaye']The Question is where do we present the tourney, in the General Gaming, or the Xbox Thread?[/QUOTE]

in GG, Fighter Thread, 360, and the main VF5 thread.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Counter-Hit Super Copper Master Fighting Virtua Tournament of CAG[/quote]

Thats gold.

Ill type up the thread and the rules today at lunch.

I'd participate but that would require me to buy a new controller as the one I had is currently. D.E.A.D.

...yeah. I'll prolly get a controller for this.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Today, freezing rain = not leaving the house, so I'm gaming all day. Don't know what to play.[/quote]

Lucky. The rain here isn't freezing.

Played a bunch of TF2 last night. Well + Soldier + Me = ownage. I had 30 points in one match and I dominated 3 opponents in one round.

Company of Heroes and Lost Planet didn't drop in price at Target. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, I didn't have my wallet with me. I'll stop by today and see if they've marked them down yet. I really want to play COH.

I don't think we got the freezing rain ova here. Even if we did... doesn't affect me. I don't need to be anywhere till tomorrow afternoon.

I want to finish Mario Galaxy, but between Ergo Proxy and studying for Industrial Organization Economics... not gettin' that chance. The welfare effects of situations where third degree price discrimination is illegal suck.

[quote name='InuFaye']Alright
For this VF5 tourney, is there anything that should be outlawed?[/QUOTE]

No turbo controllers!!!

Errr... naw, there's nothing that needs to be outlawed from the game. This is Revision C. it should be solid enough that there's nothing overtly retarded that needs to be banned.

[quote name='InuFaye']k
No Turbo Controllers.
Also no hacks.

Should we have to stick with one character throught the game?[/QUOTE]

If you win with a character, you have to stick with them, but if you lose with that character, you can change them in the next bout.

[quote name='Chacrana']If you win with a character, you have to stick with them, but if you lose with that character, you can change them in the next bout.[/quote]

that's a good rule as well.

I'll play VF5 anytime! I know how to push buttons with Pai. I've only got aroun 60 matches online under my belt, though. Floating around 50% win percentage.

[quote name='InuFaye']This thread has taken a turn for the worse recently.
Alot of our discussion has taken to fanboyish rants with people calling each other out.
It's getting stupid, if someone does not like a game let them, its not hurting your enjoyment of the game.[/quote]
You're right dude, I apologize and from now on I'll just post what I am playing and if I don't like what someone else is playing I wont say shit. I don't really like that you two think of me as a troll either. Also Jer I may have went over the line a little bit by saying that so sorry for that as well dude. I just want to get along with everyone these threads used to be a lot of fun and I hate that we have to turn every thing into flame wars. Can we all just start over? Jer ,Rei, N4E? I am up for it if you guys are.

[quote name='SL4IN']fuck yea. finals are over. video games for the next month and a half.[/quote]

Lucky, ive got 1 exam tommrow, and then im working my ass off until the 7th when classes start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back