A good find at a pawn shop!

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
NFL Street 2 XBOX-mint and complete. $10 :D

Also had Shellshock Nam 67 for $10 but I ran out of money.Ill be back there next week for that and Simpsons Season 4 for $20. :twisted:

nice find. im afraid of going to the pawn shops in my area cuz theyre all shady and stuff.

do lots of pawn shops have games? b/c i was thinking about goin once...but always thought that there wouldn't be games there...

^^ I've never been in a pawn shop that didn't have games. (Some have only had a very few, but most have quite a spread.) OTOH, I've also never found a good deal at a pawn shop. I was actually in one that had Rez, but they had it priced at $50 - place priced their stock using gamestop.com as a guide.

Almost picked up Fight Night 2004 for $12 at one a month or two ago, but decided that was $2 too much :)

[quote name='swetooth9']do lots of pawn shops have games? b/c i was thinking about goin once...but always thought that there wouldn't be games there...[/quote]

Depends.

Pawn Shops that are part of a chain usually suck.Down here Cash America pawn sucks.They used to use the old Funcoland flyers to price their gamess now they just sell GH,PH,PC games for $20.... :?

The independant ones are where to go.I have a local one that prices all used games at $20.I used to get some really sweet deals there but someone else has figured it out and I havent got a good deal there in over a year.

The one a found a couple days ago prices all XBOX games at $10.SO its a hit or miss deal but if it hits... :shock:

[quote name='2poor']nice find. im afraid of going to the pawn shops in my area cuz theyre all shady and stuff.[/quote]

Haha yeah, theyre just covers for drug dealing. Sad.

[quote name='gtguru']What areas do you guys live in? I'm not even sure where to look for pawn shops around here.[/quote]

Metro area of HOuston.

My best find has been tactics ogre for 10 bucks. If pawn shops price all there games individually they're horrible. If they price them system wide then they can be alright. I've seen some price current games at 30, but one I used to go to back home priced them all at 15, and ps1 for 8.

Good pawn shops are hard to come by. The chain pawn shops are a waste of time. You need to find a good mom and pop outfit. I found a couple out in the country. There is one pawn shop close to my house, but he sets his prices at what he could get on eBay. Another waste of time. The last good buy I had a pawn shop was Final Fantasy Tactics (black label) in mint condition for $9.00. Come to think of it, I need to go back there this weekend and see if anything new has turned up. :)

i live in Price UTAH..

i found a complete MVC 2 for 15 bucks.. chrono cross and ff tactic FF7 FF8 FF9 (all those for 12 bucks.. yeah 12 bucks)... i always find dvds (i got Clerks and Chasing amy for 4 each)... its always a hit or miss though.. but i like to check my area about once a week.. (my area there are only 2 pawn shops and one used v-game store so its not like i have 8 EBs and 8 GS in the area so the pickins are pretty good).. but yeah.. pawn shops even as "shaddy" as they seem usually have pretty good deals that EB won't have. but they usually sell for a flat rate for gamse

I stoppped by a small pawn shop on Friday and picked up Skies of Arcadia (DC) for two dollars!

Also got Ogre Battle 64 fo $5.

It was a good trip!

Not always true that chain pawn shops are bad. Where I live, chain pawn shops are where to go! The reason: people don't really go to drop their stuff off at private owned shops, except for jewelry and car parts. So all the people drop their games off at Pawn America because of it's franchise - it's easy to remember, "Pawn America is right for, PAWN AMERICA!" It's a song LOL! I've found Vandal Hearts, FFIX, Jade Coccoon, and Chrono Cross, all complete and mint, non-GH, for $5 each, all at just one local shop. And this was the biggest store of the chain and also on one of the most busiest street. Not to sound mean or anything, but go to the pawn shop, and right when you walk in, say "hi" and look at the person and ask yourself "does this dude know shit about games?" It's a mean way to put it, but I'm at a pawn shop - the whole culture of pawn shops revolves around being mean and taking advantage of the situation, as well as people's knowledge, or lack of.

bread's done
Back