AAFES deals [Updated 8-27-06] 75% off sale YMMV (Added pic of receipt)

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
My PX/BX is having a huge 75% off sale. Some of the games that were on sale:

Pheonix Wright: $7.50 BTW, no more left at the one I checked. Try another AAFES and see if they are having the same sale

King Kong (DS): $5
Pac N Roll (DS): $5
Rayman (DS): $5
Asphault Urban GT (DS): $5
50 Cent (both): $10
Indigo Prophecy (both): $10
King of Fighters (2 different titles for Xbox): $10 or $7.50 (I cant remember which)
Street Fighter Anniversary (Xbox): $10
Capcom Fighting Evol (Xbox): $10
Leisure Suit Larry (Xbox): $5
Galleon (Xbox): $10
Def Jam FfNY (GC): $5
Resident Evil:CV (GC): $10 They had several copies left
Red Ninja (Xbox): $2.50
Metal Slug 4&5 (Xbox): $10
Half Life 2 (Xbox): $7.50
Hulk:UD (Xbox): $7.50
Gun Griffon (Xbox): either $10 or $7.50, cant remember
GTA:SA (Xbox): either $10, $7.50, or $5, cant remember
THUG 2 (Xbox): $5
NfS:MW (GC): $7.50, IIRC
When I remember more titles, I'll post them. Here's a scan of the receipt and of some of the games.

So does a girl know how to shop, or what?

Before anyone asks, AAFES is the Army Airforce Exchange. Unless you like on a military base or live near one and are in the military, don't bother.

Last time my b/f went, he saw some cheap stuff like Alias for $12. He also saw Gallop Racer 2004 (lots), but there was no price. Isn't that game somewhat rare?

My friend went on base last week and found some good stuff, like Viewtiful Joe for $15 or $10 and Splinter Cell: PT for like $12.50. They had a bunch of games marked down to less than $5, but he said they were all ass, like Minority Report and old sports games.

Just went on base today and found Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) for $20, X-Files (PS2) for $15, and Beyblade (GC) for $7.17. Plus, they were all 15% off and tax free. They also still have copies of Resident Evil: CV for GC for $40.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Can former military people go? My nephew just got out of the Army two months ago after a tour in Afghanistan.[/QUOTE]

Only if they retired from the military. If your nephew didn't retire, he can't even get on base anymore without a military ID.

Being former military I would have to say avoid AAFES, sure the games are tax free, but very rare to find good game deals. Out of all the bases I made it to I would only recommend MacDill AFB, Tampa and all bases in and around Washington D.C. and if your fortunate to go to Germany. Just like all retailers there are the occasional finds hinding in the corners. The best time to attempt to hit AAFES is around the holidays if you want any chance at finding a good deal.

Some bases allow former military and civilians on base, but in order to go into the Post Exchange (PX) you must be signed in by an active member of the armed forces.

The best AAFES deals I've ever gotten where in Santiago, Puerto Rico. I think that means the more desolate the post the better the deals.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Resident Evil:CV (GC) is it Players Choice?
[/QUOTE]
No, regular. They've had like 10 copies for the longest time, and I've been waiting for them to drop. I only got 1 though, cuz only 1 was marked 75% off.

[quote name='boyboy1080']are you selling the phoniex wright games that you bought?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're all "accounted for."

[quote name='neudog']Being former military I would have to say avoid AAFES, sure the games are tax free, but very rare to find good game deals. Out of all the bases I made it to I would only recommend MacDill AFB, Tampa and all bases in and around Washington D.C. and if your fortunate to go to Germany. Just like all retailers there are the occasional finds hinding in the corners. The best time to attempt to hit AAFES is around the holidays if you want any chance at finding a good deal.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that

A) Most will pricematch local stores, so buying a high ticket item will save you a lot of money in taxes.

B) There regular prices may not be great, but their clearances are insane. The last one here had a huge selection of good PC games for 87.5% off.

bread's done
Back