ABC pisses of america again

Yeah it's been all over the news today and yesterday. I think ABC knew there could've been a backlash, however I don't see where people's complaints are justified because there's plenty of ladies without a whole lot of clothing on all over MNF's ads, and how many times do they show the Cowboys cheerleaders? I also think the racism argument is a stupid and pointless one as well.

I am agaainst nudity and crap like that on TV, but when the activist groups start protesting using with nation media coverage I switch sides.

Lesser of two evils, I think.

[quote name='Quackzilla']I am agaainst nudity and crap like that on TV, but when the activist groups start protesting using with nation media coverage I switch sides.

Lesser of two evils, I think.[/quote]

it wasnt even nudity, it was from her neck to about her waist. I have seen dresses exactly like that on tv with no back at all. People blow things way out of proportion

My headline: "America pisses off jmcc again." Jesus. When did we become such pathetic f.ucking pussies? England should seriously consider re-taking this wayward colony. All they'd have to do is make their commanding officers topless women. We'd surrender immediately from choking on our own indignation.

I don't get it... isn't Desperate Housewives on in the exact timeslot (9 PM EST) on Sundays? That MNF promo was nothing different than anything that would be on that show (3-4 times an episode, no less.)

Are all football fans that prudish? I mean first the Superbowl halftime thing and now this?

I found a couple of things to be offensive during this last weeks Monday Night Football. First, the crossover advertising for ABC's Desperate Housewives. I hate it when they use sports to push shows. All the networks do it, but I hate it.

Finally, I found the Cowboys defense to be absolutely offensive. I mean... wow... they suck.

[quote name='JSweeney']I don't get it... isn't Desperate Housewives on in the exact timeslot (9 PM EST) on Sundays? That MNF promo was nothing different than anything that would be on that show (3-4 times an episode, no less.)

Are all football fans that prudish? I mean first the Superbowl halftime thing and now this?[/quote]

Several conservative "Pro Family" groups emailed their members and told them to write / call / fax the FCC and ABC to complain. I would imagine that most of the people that are complaining never saw it.

So, I wouldnt say that its football fans, per se...

Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.
For some reason, this is upsetting to them.

I hate cross-promotion like ABC did, but for once I agree with jmcc and Quackzilla. This whole thing is blown out of proportion. There is more skin shown at 3pm on the daily soaps than what was shown Monday Night. Plus, there was no actual nudity. It was a back, and legs for crying out loud. There was nothing that warrants a fine being levied.

My favorite tongue-in-cheek comment was on the radio this morning:

This promo sets a bad precedent. Now all of the black athletes will want to date blondes.

[quote name='CheapyD']Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.
For some reason, this is upsetting to them.[/quote]
I think this is the reason...it's the red(neck) states.."them's black men gunna take our women folk!!!"

[quote name='CheapyD']Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.

Looks like this crosses racial line.

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy found it racially offensive.

"To me that's the first thing I thought of as an African-American," Dungy said Wednesday.

That's kinda funny, because most of the people I've heard saying it's racial aren't white.

Time now for Great Moments in History! [That Never Were]:

10416.gif

"Where the white women at?

Dungy_Tony.jpg

"Boooooooo!"

10416.gif

"Uh...Please, do NOT tell me where the white women at."

Dungy_Tony.jpg

"Yay!"

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='CheapyD']Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.

That's kinda funny, because most of the people I've heard saying it's racial aren't white.[/quote]

I think the real problem is that it was TO, the biggest jackass in all of professional sports.

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='CheapyD']Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.

Looks like this crosses racial line.

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy found it racially offensive.

"To me that's the first thing I thought of as an African-American," Dungy said Wednesday.[/quote]

Well, as an African-American myself, Tony Dungy is an idiot in this regard. He said after the Kobe thing the intro shouldn't have aired. I am not a big TO fan but what in the blue hell does a real life situation with Kobe being accused of RAPE have to do with an obvious farce with Terrell Owens that DIDN'T invlove a rape. I am REALLY getting tired of people playing the damn race card on everything. I have lost some respect for Tony with that stupid comment. If he says he was disturbed by his 12 year old son seeing that...

(Tony, you may not realize this but at 12 he probably should at least know SOMETHING about sex).

BTW where the hell was the uproar when Torry Holt was tricked in dressing in drag (complete with dress and lipstick) awhile back on MNF? That was more acceptable to explain to children than TO?

Personally, I don't want my woman cavorting with ANY other men. Does this mean I'm sexist ?

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='CheapyD']Whiteys in Middle America and the South don't like to see their women cavorting with the black man.

Personally, I don't want my woman cavorting with ANY other men. Does this mean I'm sexist ?[/quote]

By "their women", I meant white women in general.

The way I see it

If a white girl jumps into white man's arms, the Conservative Christians and Mike Powell are angry.

If a white girl jumps into a black man's arms, the entire South and Mike Powell are angry.

If blue-chip corporate logos are flashed against a cheerleaders cleavage/ass during halftime, the Conservative Christians are angry and Mike Powell just happens to be convieniently looking the other way.

Yes we truly are the land of the free. No racial/sexual hangups or corporate favoritism here. :roll:

[quote name='camoor']WWWDCFHD

(What Would Walt Disney's Cryogenically Frozen Head Do)[/quote]

I don't believe Walt Disney was the go-to guy when considering race relations.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='camoor']WWWDCFHD

(What Would Walt Disney's Cryogenically Frozen Head Do)[/quote]

I don't believe Walt Disney was the go-to guy when considering race relations.[/quote]

Haha yeah that may be true.

I was paraphrasing what Mike Powell said when he was chastising ABC for running the spot (ABC being owned by Disney).

It's all the more ironic that Mike Powell said "What would Walt think?"

Guess it really is a small world after all. :twisted:

bread's done
Back