Absinthe

from what i read most of the shit you import does not have the wormwood in it or at least people don't get high from the stuff thats imported

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']from what i read most of the shit you import does not have the wormwood in it or at least people don't get high from the stuff thats imported[/quote]
See thats what i'm worried about. If I'm gonna be spending the money on it I don't want to get some low quality crap for them.

I bought a bottle of the shit in Israel. There was a thread before on it. There's different levels of potency and as said, some doesnt contain wormwood.

I think I remember reading somewhere that if customs (or whoever handles it) figures out what it is, it'll be confiscated. Could be thinking of something else though.

[quote name='Squall835']I think I remember reading somewhere that if customs (or whoever handles it) figures out what it is, it'll be confiscated. Could be thinking of something else though.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's correct. When I went to Italy on my study tour someone brought a bottle back but had to do a little bit of hiding it (don't know the details) in case customs went through her things. It made it through alright.

As for the drink itself. . .good times.

From what I've read Absinthe should taste a lot like Jagermeister...Can anyone tell me if that would be accurate or not?

Absinthe has alway interested me but I don't want to spend $100 on something I probably won't like (I hate jager).

I had absinthe on a trip in scotland and apparently i ate a few pages out of the bible (and no im not atheist)

to properly drink you add sugar and light it, then blow it out quickly then drink it. you need to burn off some of the alcohol. it will get you incredibly phucked up. I have a photoshop of my favorite kind of absinthe.

and as far as legality, the wormwood society in Seattle makes it here. you have to be part of the group in order to enjoy it legally.

also unlike in czech, which is where i get my absinthe, there is no root in the drink, which is the part that makes you hallucinate.

n82300180_30002345_1085.jpg

this is me with my first bottle of the good shit from the czech republic

[quote name='sandrokstar']to properly drink you add sugar and light it, then blow it out quickly then drink it. you need to burn off some of the alcohol. it will get you incredibly phucked up. I have a photoshop of my favorite kind of absinthe.

and as far as legality, the wormwood society in Seattle makes it here. you have to be part of the group in order to enjoy it legally.

also unlike in czech, which is where i get my absinthe, there is no root in the drink, which is the part that makes you hallucinate.

n82300180_30002345_1085.jpg

this is me with my first bottle of the good shit from the czech republic[/QUOTE]
Do you go over there to get it or do you import it? And ofcourse, we all want the good shit that makes us trip balls, lol.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The stuff I tried was 140 proof, but didn't smell of alcohol at all.[/QUOTE]
Bump in hopes of someone being able to tell me where to reliably get the real stuff.

bread's done
Back