AC/DC Live: Rock Band -- Walmart Rollback 29.99

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Walmart just rolled back their exclusive Rock Band AC/DC track pack to 29.92. The PS2 version is at 19.92.

AC/DC Rock Band - Wii - 29.92
AC/DC Rock Band - PS3 - 29.92
AC/DC Rock Band - PS2 - 19.92
AC/DC Rock Band - XBOX 360 - 29.92

Its in their new weekly circular on the front page as well.

Also the "Fan Pack" that comes with your choice of game, T-shirt and a AC/DC No Bull DVD is also 29.92. I picked one up myself and found this at another walmart as well.

Sorry for the shitty scan, i tried my best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this on ebay for $40 with $10 cashback.

Then sold it on Amazon for $30.

So I broke even.

My advice is to either sell it on Amazon, craigslist or ebay and you will either break even or have smaller losses. (Don't forget to say that the code has been used)

I don't see how people are getting decent dollars selling the code, there isn't any guarantee it hasn't been used any more than any other Xbox Live code where fraud has run rampant. Maybe that's more on the codes that are e-mailed. . .

Maybe the Ebay masses don't understand that. . .

[quote name='turls']I don't see how people are getting decent dollars selling the code, there isn't any guarantee it hasn't been used any more than any other Xbox Live code where fraud has run rampant. Maybe that's more on the codes that are e-mailed. . .

Maybe the Ebay masses don't understand that. . .[/QUOTE]

How is that any different than buying a used game that doesn't work? You get screwed either way by a person who's intent was to steal from you anyways, regardless if he was selling a broken game or a used code.

It has reached a price that doesn't exceed the DLC norm, so I'll bite too. I'll probably just ask for this for Christmas though.

My Family Video got the game when it released and I could have been the first one to rent it since I was in there when they were putting it on the shelf. I figured the DLC voucher was on a separate piece of paper from the manual so I figured I would be wasting my time. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass for that one.

[quote name='zman73']I also picked a mint copy during the b2g1 sale the other week from GS for 20 before discounts[/quote]

I've been waiting forever for GS to update their site and include this game. How did u find it? Did u just happen to run accross it? thx

[quote name='MasterSun1']Just in case you don't understand, without the code, you can only play the disc as a stand-alone game. You cannot import the songs from the disc to use in Rock Band 2. You HAVE TO have the code to download the 700MB track pack.

So with only the disc, it means switching between the AC/DC disc and Rock Band 2 disc whenever you want to play certain songs.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't mind that at all. I prefer having the disc than having it stored on my hard drive taking up space.

Just a preference.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Yeah, I don't mind that at all. I prefer having the disc than having it stored on my hard drive taking up space.

Just a preference.[/QUOTE]

A preference I am with you 100% on. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST the way the gaming industry is going in its goal to eliminate physical discs.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']The 360 and Wii versions have now been rolled back on their web site.[/quote]

Copy that, the Op has been updated accordingly. Thanks.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']A preference I am with you 100% on. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST the way the gaming industry is going in its goal to eliminate physical discs.[/QUOTE]

why? it should theoretically make games a bit cheaper because they wouldn't have to produce physical product just ones and zeros.

It's also 29.99 for the black friday pack they had. The one that came with the game, black ice tshirt, and the live concert dvd.

[quote name='themidnighter23']why? it should theoretically make games a bit cheaper because they wouldn't have to produce physical product just ones and zeros.[/quote]

I think it sets up the possibility of releasing incomplete games and offering patches you have to pay for.

Hmm, if this was $15 then Id bite. I dont care that its cheaper than DLC songs since Im too cheap to buy any of them anyways. $20 I would think about it, at $15 is a sale.

Picked up my 360 copy this afternoon while my dad went shopping lol
Been playing it for the last hour, it's a blast
$30 isn't that great of a price for it, but hey, it's $10 off :)
$20 would be the sweet spot for those who aren't that into AC/DC I guess lol

they will lower more because its a wal mart exclusive and they dont want these things taking up all this room past feb

[quote name='jrf61606']they will lower more because its a wal mart exclusive and they dont want these things taking up all this room past feb[/quote]

Agreed, from my experience working there, all exclusives were ordered in way too high of numbers so they usually plummet in price. The one at home is no exception. I would pick this up now for 30 but I know I can wait it out. 20 here we come!

They have the AC/DC Box set at the $29.99 price also. I went ahead and bought it at that price. Includes the AC/DC Game, a large 'Black Ice' T-shirt, and their documentary DVD 'No Bull'. I was going to wait until the track pack dropped to $20 or lower, but the included stuff makes it a good deal for under $30.

[quote name='etahtinen']They have the AC/DC Box set at the $29.99 price also. I went ahead and bought it at that price. Includes the AC/DC Game, a large 'Black Ice' T-shirt, and their documentary DVD 'No Bull'. I was going to wait until the track pack dropped to $20 or lower, but the included stuff makes it a good deal for under $30.[/quote]

I can't find the box set on the walmart site. It isn't there, is it?

I couldn't find it either. I have the box in front of me and the UPC numbers are different from the actual game's UPC. 037117-032181 if anyone needs the UPC from the Box Set.

[quote name='themidnighter23']why? it should theoretically make games a bit cheaper because they wouldn't have to produce physical product just ones and zeros.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Theoretically.

They'll still charge 50-60 bucks and just say there are other costs that drive the price up. Same thing happened when we started seeing in-game ads. "It'll help lower the price of games!" Bullshit.

Physical media going bye-bye means the prices are going to be able to be more tightly controlled, which means less deals. It also means not actually owning the game you bought (rather a "license to play it"), which is stupid.

Waiting for $20 on this one. If it doesn't get to that point, oh well.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Will this game work if I all I have is an old Guitar Hero guitar for the 360 and no Rockband 2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play the game standalone with nothing else but some X360 instruments.

[quote name='Felder71']Okay, but that's assuming you want every single song. I want maybe half of them and I'm willing to pay a premium for it, but if it was DLC, I could pick and choose.[/QUOTE]

I think the only way to pick and choose is to buy the disc, use the code to download the songs and then go into the HD and delete the ones you don't want. Not quite what you had in mind (I think), but that's probably the only way to go about it.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']You really think it will drop more? I dont ever find deals at walmart and i find they dont reduce their prices much. ATleast not in NOR CAL.[/quote]
Seriously, last time I was in Walmart I was shocked. I think the last game I bought there was the Orange Box in Nov. of '07.
[quote name='Felder71']Okay, but that's assuming you want every single song. I want maybe half of them and I'm willing to pay a premium for it, but if it was DLC, I could pick and choose.[/quote]
Same and to be honest $1.67 for one song is still a lot to me, I can see maybe $0.25-$1.00.

[quote name='pdm76']Yep, that $20 or under is the "spot" for me[/quote]
Ya $19.97 at Walmart in February, I can already see it.

[quote name='fretster']I think the only way to pick and choose is to buy the disc, use the code to download the songs and then go into the HD and delete the ones you don't want. Not quite what you had in mind (I think), but that's probably the only way to go about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that you can't delete individual songs from the AC/DC Track Pack—it's all or nothing, like when you buy full albums or the 20 free DLC song pack. The exported RB1 songs are an anomaly in that way; it's not treated as a pack of songs, but rather 50+ individual songs.

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody know trade-in value at Gamestop? Game is really fun, but once i load it into RB2, I don't really need the game anymore.[/QUOTE]
You are better off selling it here or on ebay because Gamestop doesn't have this in their system.

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody know trade-in value at Gamestop? Game is really fun, but once i load it into RB2, I don't really need the game anymore.[/quote]
It was $9 on 11/3.

[quote name='fretster']I think the only way to pick and choose is to buy the disc, use the code to download the songs and then go into the HD and delete the ones you don't want. Not quite what you had in mind (I think), but that's probably the only way to go about it.[/QUOTE]

Fretster,

My point was that although at $30, it's a "good" deal because it's only $1.67 per song, I really only want 6 or 7 songs, and not being able to pick and choose makes it much less of a good deal (more like $4 a song)

[quote name='cdeener']You are better off selling it here or on ebay because Gamestop doesn't have this in their system.[/quote]
Unless they removed it from their system recently, you're wrong; right after the release of the game, they were paying $9 for it.

The AC/DC Fan Pack is the same price as the track pack at Wally World. The Fan Pack also comes with the No Bull DVD and a pretty nice Ac/DC t-shirt. You could probably sell the No Bull DVD for 5-10 and the track pack for 15-20 and end up with the DL of the 18 songs and a t shirt for free or next to nothing.

OK, I have what is maybe a dumb question. I have no other Rock Band games, but I have Guitar Hero 3 on PS3 and the wireless guitar that came with it (which I believe is compatible with RB games). Would I be able to play the guitar portion of this with that or do you need one of the other RB games first?

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, I have what is maybe a dumb question. I have no other Rock Band games, but I have Guitar Hero 3 on PS3 and the wireless guitar that came with it (which I believe is compatible with RB games). Would I be able to play the guitar portion of this with that or do you need one of the other RB games first?[/quote]
Yes you can play it.

So you buy this disc and import them onto Rock Band 2 (hard drive)? I have a PS3.

...for that matter, how does the online thing work to get Rock Band 1 songs on your system? Can you buy a code online and just use any RB1 disc, even if someone else used the disc to put RB1 songs on RB2?

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, I have what is maybe a dumb question. I have no other Rock Band games, but I have Guitar Hero 3 on PS3 and the wireless guitar that came with it (which I believe is compatible with RB games). Would I be able to play the guitar portion of this with that or do you need one of the other RB games first?[/QUOTE]

You can use the AC/DC Live as a totally independent game by itself. No other RockBand games are needed. The AC/DC game even has it's own separate list of achievements worth 200 points, much like an XBLA game. You cannot get those achievements just using the songs downloaded to your HDD and played with one of the RockBand games.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Unless they removed it from their system recently, you're wrong; right after the release of the game, they were paying $9 for it.[/QUOTE]
Well the employees I dealt with told me they couldn't find it so I'm wrong that is cool so there is hope for to me to find it sometime in the future at Gamestop.

[quote name='cdeener']Well the employees I dealt with told me they couldn't find it so I'm wrong that is cool so there is hope for to me to find it sometime in the future at Gamestop.[/quote]
Ah-- well, they might have removed it (since people would use the code and sell the disc), but they could have been lying.

bread's done
Back