Academy Awards Thread 2009 (updated) "Domo arigato mr roboto!"

[quote name='Poor2More']he is not a mortar)[/quote]

The word you're looking for is martyr, not mortar. Two very different things.

[quote name='Poor2More']Correct me if Im wrong good sir, but did he not say "I had to make a choice between Love and Hate (alluding to Terrorism) and I chose Love, thats why Im here (as in America, and not Afganistan, and is live cause he is not a martyr)[/QUOTE]

You're too fucking stupid for me to explain this to you.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You're too fucking stupid for me to explain this to you.[/quote]

The intellectual mind will leave the ill informed man speechless.....is that what you are my good fella, speechless?

Absolute bullshit. First that scumbag stole from Bill Murray, and now he stole from Rourke.

[quote name='hohez']Absolute bullshit. First that scumbag stole from Bill Murray, and now he stole from Rourke.[/quote]
I don't think he's a scumbag but Rourke should of won.

Happy that Penn won. Rourke was great as well, but I liked Penn's performance more, and liked Milk more than The Wrestler as a whole as well.

At least Penn acknowledged Rourke in that speech. That was good for him.

Penn was great in Milk though.

[quote name='Poor2More']...long as he doesent thank Alah, then its a good night

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Poor2More']The ahmed guy who won best score from Slumdog Millionaire...
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Poor2More']Correct me if Im wrong good sir, but did he not say "I had to make a choice between Love and Hate (alluding to Terrorism) and I chose Love, thats why Im here (as in America, and not Afganistan, and is live cause he is not a martyr)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ugamer_X'] But it's your current line of thinking that every brown person with an accent must be a practicing Muslim that really solidifies my perception.[/QUOTE]
Figure it out.

I bet we will get a Chris Jerciho vs Mickey Rourke match at Wrestlemania now :), he pulled out of the match due to feelings that it could affect his chance to win an oscar

[quote name='Poor2More']Sean Penn was awesome in I am Sam, that movie was great[/quote]

No he wasn't, he went full retard. ;)

[quote name='Poor2More']My statements seem spot on, thank you[/quote]

You assume he worships Allah (He practices Sufism), His name is Allah not Ahmed, he's from India not Afghanistan, you automatically assume he's muslim.

Your statements were anything but "spot on".

Calling it now: The Soloist will be up for best picture next year.. pending Jamie Foxx's ability/inability to go full retard.

[quote name='Poor2More']My statements seem spot on, thank you[/QUOTE]

No, you're a culturally insensitive dipshit.

Google "Muslim" "India" and "Hindu" and see what's good.

You are an idiot, Poor2More.

And I like how Scorch thinks schizophrenia is mental retardation.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread.

[quote name='Brak']And I like how Scorch thinks schizophrenia is mental retardation.[/quote]

It was more of a play on Tropic Thunder (obviously) and how crunchb3rry mentioned it, actually, but I could spend a year trying to convince you of this and you still wouldn't believe it. It's a mental disorder, not retardation.

[quote name='Scorch']You assume he worships Allah (He practices Sufism), His name is Allah not Ahmed, he's from India not Afghanistan, you automatically assume he's muslim.

Your statements were anything but "spot on".[/quote]

His parents named him after Allah? and your now trying to convince me he doesen't worship Allah? come on now......are you joking?

[quote name='pop311']Rourke should have won, he was much better than Sean. Sean was great though.[/quote] Penn did have to make out with another man, you have to win something for that, or it was all for not

[quote name='Poor2More']His parents named him after Allah? and your now trying to convince me he doesen't worship Allah? come on now......are you joking?[/quote]

Oh dear god.. just stop posting.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']No he wasn't, he went full retard. ;)[/quote]
I Couldn't relate to him like I did Forest Gump for some reason...

Some shut this fucking moron up.

I think I'll pop in a few movies tonight, maybe I'll do a little Danny Boyle tribute and bust out 28 Days Later.

I'm with the majority in wishing Rourke would've won, but I did like Penn's speech.

Also, was Slumdog Millionaire that good? It won so many awards.

And can I get clips of the show anywhere? I missed a few awards at the beginning and wanted to watch them.

Normally couldn't care about the Oscars since there is rarely anything I care about up for a major award. I'm a little interested this year because my employer appears int he credits. We arranged the gigabit wireless link between the Kodak Theater and another location a couple miles away where video is being edited and sent back over the same connection. I've had almost zero involvement in this particular project but hopefully it will lead to more business.

[quote name='Poor2More']His parents named him after Allah? and your now trying to convince me he doesen't worship Allah? come on now......are you joking?[/quote]
my son's name is God and I am atheist. But all kidding aside. Please be quiet you are making a fool of yourself

[quote name='VipFREAK']Might be able to here. http://atdhe.net/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response.

I actually went to the official Oscar website and it has clips of the acceptance speeches, backstage, and the red carpet in case anyone else is interested.

I still have no desire to see Slumdog Millionaire. In fact, there's pretty much nothing there that I want to see. The Wrestler, Benjamin Button? I guess. I'll probably see Button because the man, David Fincher, did it. But it's been a pretty shitty year. Same with the Emmys where stuff like The Wire gots royally robbed and CSI: Albequerque or The Not So Amazing Anymore Race eat up nominations.

I would've liked to have seen Mickey Rourke win, but it was surreal enough to see Necro Butcher get put over huge in the Pineapple Express skit, so I wasn't totally disappointed by the show, even though it did drag on at times.

Slumdog was very good, definitely worth watching. I don't think it deserved the win, but it was still very good. Just go in with modest expectations.

I haven't seen Frost/Nixon or The Reader yet, but of the other 3 I'd rank them:

Milk
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Slum Dog Millionaire

All three were damn good IMO.

[quote name='Poor2More']ahh thanks, so I was correct[/quote]
No, he wasn't born in Afghanistan and you insinuated that there was something wrong with him potentially thanking Allah. It also doesn't change the fact that you made a general assumption based on the color of his skin. You had no clue whether this guy practiced Islam or not. You're still an idiot.

fuck off already.

[quote name='Poor2More']ahh thanks, so I was correct[/quote]

yes some racist remarks can end up to be true. If I point at enough black guys and say "look at that jobless jerk" a few of them might actually be jobless doesn't mean the assumption that black = jobless is any less racist.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']No, he wasn't born in Afghanistan and you insinuated that there was something wrong with him potentially thanking Allah. It also doesn't change the fact that you made a general assumption based on the color of his skin. You had no clue whether this guy practiced Islam or not. You're still an idiot.

fuck off already.[/quote]

You're right even if A.R Rahman is Muslim the guy shouldnt have automatically assumed he was Afghani.

[quote name='Scorch']Calling it now: The Soloist will be up for best picture next year.. pending Jamie Foxx's ability/inability to go full retard.[/quote]

While I concur with other posters who said that schizophrenia isn't the same as 'full retard', I agree with your statement here. It's like what Johnny Drama said in Entourage:

"If you play gay or retarded you get an Oscar. I'd take in the ass for an Oscar."

[quote name='Ugamer_X']No, you're a culturally insensitive dipshit.

Google "Muslim" "India" and "Hindu" and see what's good.[/quote]

Yeah I'm an Indian American and I agree that Poor2More is an insensitive dipshit.

Did anyone see 'Right America: Feeling Wronged", the documentary by Alex Pelosi on HBO? She visited all these McCain/Palin rallies and got people's reactions. Some things people say are pretty scary...and Poor2More reminds me of that lady who said 'I've read about Obama and he's a Muslim.' Just reeking of ignorance, and McCain's response about how he's not a Muslim and a decent family man reeked of insensitivity, as if the two were mutually exclusive.

/endrant

bread's done
Back