Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice $10 Walmart [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
There's some $10 DS games in the Walmart bargain bin!
Ace Attorney:Apollo Justice
Neopets:puzzle Adventure (Reversi/Othello by the guys who made Puzzle Quest)
Exit DS
Legend of Kage.

These were specially marked games with a $10.00 sticker on the front and had their own Value Priced UPC code on the back covering the original. This means if you don't find the specially marked one the price will probably be higher.

If you go to the Kanata store I buried 3 copies of the Ace Attorney game at the bottom in the bargain bin near the paint. There are two bins back to back it was the bin facing the automotive section.

Ace Attorney flash demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Afrodiziak']I actually picked up the first Phoenix Wright game from EB for $10 and I love it! Going to take a look at Wal-Mart for this.[/quote]

did you buy this used or new? and when did you buy it?
just wondering .

EDIT: is it just me, or is Phoenix wright not listed at FS and BB?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Phoenix Wright is rare, if you see a copy buy it. The 2-4 game you should be able to buy at most game stores anywhere.

^ yea, i've been talking to my friend in US who is into those Action focused games.

and he saids the first game is really rare to find..

DAMN IT!

its GBA games all over again! :(

I saw the first one new for $20 at EB a couple of weeks ago and I didn't think to pick it up.
It's not there anymore. :cry:

[quote name='Gerwich']I saw the first one new for $20 at EB a couple of weeks ago and I didn't think to pick it up.
It's not there anymore. :cry:[/quote]

whyyyy!

probably a gutted one? am i right?

If anyone is looking for PW 2 and 3 and you plan to be down in the states in the near future, I suggest checking Walmart out there. It might be a long shot but, last summer when I was down there I picked up each game for 5 bucks a pop. Back then they were on the clearance rack, so chances are slim, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

[quote name='imcrazy']If anyone is looking for PW 2 and 3 and you plan to be down in the states in the near future, I suggest checking Walmart out there. It might be a long shot but, last summer when I was down there I picked up each game for 5 bucks a pop. Back then they were on the clearance rack, so chances are slim, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.[/quote]

5 bucks a pop.... that's crazy!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']whyyyy!

probably a gutted one? am i right?[/quote]I'm not quite clear on that bit of terminology. Is a gutted game just the opened display copy?
If that's what it means, then I think it was, but when it's $20 and unavailable anywhere else, I'm not too worried about that.

yea, the display one.

...damn , i made a topic about this in a game forum, apprently, they cant find it in the US either...

...which means theres no hope for canada :(

^theres hope...

I just snagged a complete, mint one from EB for $8.99!!!

Im holding on to it!

its the first game too...

[quote name='gamer602']^theres hope...

I just snagged a complete, mint one from EB for $8.99!!!

Im holding on to it!

its the first game too...[/quote]

DAMN gamer! you are giving me too much hope!!!!!

justt?!

when? where? how? where? where?

:)

hmm. i guess if i want this, i gotta shop around.... and i want it so badly :(

and i dont even hav a DS yet :p

soon tho, since im at my last GBA game..... superstart sega.... :)

[quote name='gamer602']hmmm....
I do have a new ds lite for sale....
when will you get a ds?[/quote]

im going to futureshop right now to trade in a few games... and than if i see a dsi... ill get that... but its up to my last minute decision.

i might just buy a bunch of ps3 games... eh.

aiming for a dsi tho, cuz of DSIware.

Don't know if you're still hunting GBA games Bencherstyle. But if you're digging through Walmart's bins you might wanna keep your eyes open for Gunstar Super Heroes. I spotted a copy still in the bins over here, and it's worth grabbing if you don't have it.

I haven't found myself a Apollo Justice around here :( If anybody is selling a spare sealed one I'd happily take it.

walmart eh? i could go there tom....

Gunstar Super Heroes was on my list to get.... do you know how much it is?

also, im trying to find these out of print games for the DS now so Nintendo can't pull a GBA on me.... you know, not supporting games after they release.. ..

[quote name='ragnar14']Don't know if you're still hunting GBA games Bencherstyle. But if you're digging through Walmart's bins you might wanna keep your eyes open for Gunstar Super Heroes. I spotted a copy still in the bins over here, and it's worth grabbing if you don't have it.

I haven't found myself a Apollo Justice around here :( If anybody is selling a spare sealed one I'd happily take it.[/QUOTE]

i can attest to this. I found a squashed boxed copy of gunstar , scanned it and it came up at 0.94-0.98 cents!

[quote name='HyperD']i can attest to this. I found a squashed boxed copy of gunstar , scanned it and it came up at 0.94-0.98 cents![/quote]

i gotta stop paying overpiced GBA games at EB ... X:d

thanks! ill be sure to check this out!

Lougheed Walmart had an endcap of the $10 games this morning (not in the regular bins) - had Apollo Justice, but with cello wrap w/ french instructions...

[quote name='rlek2']Lougheed Walmart had an endcap of the $10 games this morning (not in the regular bins) - had Apollo Justice, but with cello wrap w/ french instructions...[/quote]
is that bad?

[quote name='rlek2']Lougheed Walmart had an endcap of the $10 games this morning (not in the regular bins) - had Apollo Justice, but with cello wrap w/ french instructions...[/quote]

Are the French instructions on the outside, and is the cellophane wrapping the entire package? It's most likely English on the box art and instructions inside: thanks to language laws they have to add the French manual, so they slap it on outside and cellophane the whole thing.

damn it, last time, they glued my street fighter case to the french manual...

.... it was all sticky.... :lol:

is it expensive to get a nice good placstic wrap or something... whats with these publishers these days.. :(

it's just french instructions on the outside, and the cello around all of it... it's just that I'd rather be opening up the shiny original packaging. I'm kind of fussy that way haha

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ yea, i've been talking to my friend in US who is into those Action focused games.

and he saids the first game is really rare to find..[/quote]how long ago was this. i remember when Phoenix wright came out a it became rare.. and I picked up mine thinking it was hard to get but that was when they started the reissue.

[quote name='Gerwich']I'm not quite clear on that bit of terminology. Is a gutted game just the opened display copy? [/quote]yep they take the guts out of it and just leave an empty pathetic shell.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']since im at my last GBA game..... superstart sega.... :)[/quote]my ex-girlfriend loved SuperStar Saga.. I gave it to her when we broke up and got another one myself I haven't gotten to it yet but I remember the first 2-3 hours and it was pretty awesome.

Picked it up when I was at Walmart today. Loved the other ones, so this one should be no different.

[quote name='HyperD']i can attest to this. I found a squashed boxed copy of gunstar , scanned it and it came up at 0.94-0.98 cents![/quote]

Holy crap! If it's only a buck I could just pick it up and mail it to Bencher. Postage would cost twice as much as the game.

[quote name='Wolfkin']how long ago was this. i remember when Phoenix wright came out a it became rare.. and I picked up mine thinking it was hard to get but that was when they started the reissue.[/quote]

The reprints are all gone now and it's appreciating yet again. It's fetching like $30 for used copies.

Picked up a copy today. Thanks OP!

There were about 3ish copies left at Edmonton - Capilano for my fellow Albertans interest.

I'd LOVE a copy of Gunstar on GBA. For a dollar? That's an insane bargain. If anyone sees a good deal on a copy in Edmonton (prefer w/ box) let me know :bouncy:

Wow I'm surprised anyone is still able to find Gunstar Super Heroes at Walmart, it was 2.99$ a year or more ago. I guess it's really unpopular. A shame!

Anyhow, I just grabbed a copy of this game 2 weeks ago for 4.99$ somewhere else. Beat it last week :)

if Gunstar is such an amazingly awesome game. Now that I think about it. That was probably the last game I picked up strictly off the box art. I never read anything about it but it was musta been $10 or so and when I got home read a review (which unfortunately ruined a boss fight by exposing the glitch) and it was every bit as awesome as the review said. if it wasn't for many many games I want to buy that I don't own I definitely wouldn't have bought a second copy. Heck I'd buy one for anyone I know that has a GBA because it's that awesome.

Bencher, if you don't find Gunstar around I picked up that copy I saw. $1 is too good to pass up, even if it is squished. It doesn't actually scan in their system anymore though, I had to go up to the counter and tell them that the internet told me they sell it for 99 cents :lol: So if you want it just lemme know.

Boourns. I swung over there as I was kinda in the neighborhood tonight. They had none... I did pickup the PS2 version of Puzzle Quest off that rack, so it wasn't a total waste. I even dug over the ENTIRE (really deep & overflowing) bin there and couldn't find one Apollo Justice :cry:

Any chance anybody can grab me one and mail me it? I'd happily Paypal $20 for it.

Yea, i found it little over a month ago. It was at the bottom of the bin, absolutely squashed. Thankfully both the manual and cartridge were in tip top shape!

I saw some mint Ace Attorney (10$) in Montreal (Angrignon) and Sherbrooke.
Also picked up SNK Arcade Classics for 14$ SWEET COLLECTION!!!!!
Shoulda picked up the Williams Pinball collection (also 14$) but passed.

Glad to see wal-mart are FINALLY getting their ass in gear and giving budget games a better treatment. No more bins! At least from these two stores.

well i've been all over the North York area and most of Pikering when visiting my nephews but no dice. I'm gonna have to count this one out and hope one of ya'll will grab me a spare.

I was at the Warden/Eglinton Walmart Supercenter and from what I saw, they had one copy of Legend of Kage 2 for $10. It got mixed reviews but I thought I'd let people know anyway.

if you're looking for Legend of Kage :ds: then you aren't looking hard enough. I've seen at least 2 in every WalMart to which I've been.

the 10 dollar bin, i anything worth mentioning was.... Shadow of the Colossus Ps2....

Picross DS....

that... is about it. richmond hill wal-mart.

OH. some stats for the lols.

i found that they put GAMEBOY ADVANCE NEW games behind the glass at 28.99 lololol.

the games i remember was sudoku, and that drill platforming game...

drill dozer good game if you can get it but I picked it up back when I was still in the states for $9. Bought another one for my ex when she moved. pretty fun game.

I saw this deal at Lougheed Mall Wal-mart. I also picked up Samurai Shodown Anthology PS2 & SNK Classic Volume 1 Wii for $14.85 each.

bread's done
Back