Action Replay Max Corrupted Data

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Ok, so I picked up a AR Action Replay Max at Sears for $5 today. Loaded it up and after crushing some save files, I tried to restart the system to play a game. It wouldn't. So I took out the cd and inserted Katamari. Tried to restart again but it still didn't work. I just said screw it and pressed the power button in the back. Turned it back on and ALL of my data on my first memory card was corrupt. Luckily, my memory card in the 2nd slot was fine.

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover the data somehow? I had a ton of game saves on it.

The memory cards were Sony Official. I just bought the thing to compress some saves that I don't play that much anymore and when I wanted to play them again I would uncompress them.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I hope you didn't have any RPG saves.[/quote]Disgaea, FFX, Growslanser Generation, FFX-2.... That combined with the rest of my memory probably equals 300+ hours.

[quote name='62t']compressing save is probably not a good idea. You should just copy the save to a usb drive.[/quote] Tried to, but it wouldn't recognize the USB drive.

Once data is corrupted or lost... it's gone for good.

That's a risk you always take when using cheat devices. You should always use a spare memory card when playing games using cheat devices. Hell, even a third party one would've been fine.

[quote name='62t']compressing save is probably not a good idea. [/quote]

That's what I was about to say. Tough luck OP. I don't know if there is any way to get tha data back.

NEVER USE AR PRODUCTS.
they corrupt saves, they have HORRIBLE number of codes, their customer service is crap, and armax has long ass loading time.

they JUST added codes for FFX armax
their forum has been down for years
they have extremely crappy cheats for rpgs, about 1/10 the number of cheats for codebreaker.

I have to TOTALLY agree with omegaweapon07...AR products are horrible!

After going through about 3 of their products, I finally wised up and purchased a PS2 Codebreaker (made by Pelican) and it's been a great product! They update their codelist with new games the day of release (unlike AR), they have a forum (unlike AR), and their product doesn't require some dongle thing (unlike AR). Check Codebreaker out, you won't be sorry!

bread's done
Back