Actual Madden League that PLAYS THEIR GAMES!

I just realized that I'm gonna have a first round bye and home field advantage! Sweet :) Although I don't really want to wait. Maybe on my off week I'll go find Favre some steroids and he can play through his broken collarbone, haha. I wish we could play the whole playoffs in a day. I've been in the Madden mood lately.

Hmmm... Aaron, shouldn't I win our division since I beat you both times we played? I would think an NFL game would go by NFL tie-breaking rules which is definitely by head to head record.

I'm almost 100-percent positive that you should've won the division and have no clue why it gave it to me instead of you. Maybe Madden has some sort of tiebreaker that takes total record in human vs. human games into account? I wish I knew how the tiebreaker worked because Dubbfoolio missed out on the final NFC playoff spot because of a tiebreaker with Arizona.

Getting into the playoffs didn't come easy for me...well, at least not free.

I blew out the Cardinals, holding them without an offensive touchdown all game while forcing 7 turnovers (6 INT, 1 fumble) and returning 2 INTs for TDs. However, Steve Slaton suffered a broken jaw and may not be back for my first playoff game. Aaron Rodgers also suffered a bruised shoulder. It's not as bad as the Vikings losing Favre or Lionman's Steelers being with Roethlisberger, but apparently the injury bug is biting hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronmills']Dubbfoolio missed out on the final NFC playoff spot because of a tiebreaker with Arizona.
wonder what the tie breaker was because we were 1-1 vs eachother. Maybe they compute strength of schedule. Although those must be nearly identical too I'd imagine. Oh well. Maybe I'll take over the birdies. I've jumped onto the hometown bandwagon in real life for the post season. It might be exciting to play with a good team, but not that it will matter much.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']
Maybe I'll take over the birdies. I've jumped onto the hometown bandwagon in real life for the post season. It might be exciting to play with a good team, but not that it will matter much.[/QUOTE]

I'll kick you out of the franchise and send you an invite to join again this afternoon. You can take over the Cardinals. They play Seattle here in the first round. If you don't want to take over the Cardinals, that's okay too. You'll probably have about a week to get your game in if you need it.

I wouldn't mind at all but home field advantage would have been nice. Damn Madden... I was ready to celebrate my division title. You know what's funny about it, if you look at the standings in the game, I'm on top of the division and last week it showed my clinching a playoff spot and you didn't and I still didn't take it. I looked at message boards and a bunch of people had the same problems. Good job EA, you are awesome! I guess I'll just play my game against the Bucs now.

I just beat Tampa Bay 34-7. I should have won by more but I missed a long field goal and made some pretty dumb plays. Also, Madden screwed me again by keeping the clock running at the end of the second half when I clearly went out of bounds and they did not show the play clock or anything so I didn't know the clock was running so I didn't call a time out. I think the Madden gods have it out for me, haha.

By the way, guess who was player of the game!? Sage Rosenfels, hahahaha!

I'm glad you joined us for the playoffs, Wyatt.

The Wild Card round is underway. Here are the scores so far:

AFC
Titans vs. Ravens - SmogItUp still needs to play this game
Colts vs. Patriots - Will be simulated since it's CPU vs. CPU

NFC
Vikings 34, Bucaneers 7 - YesterdaysRising wins handily without Favre
Cardinals 38, Seahawks 28 - Dubbfoolio takes over Cards & advances

Once SmogItUp gets his game in, I'll simulate the Colts-Patriots game.

He has until Friday morning (around 1 AM-ish) to do this. Hopefully he can get it done sooner than that. If SmogItUp fails to play his game by then, I will simulate the remaining Wild Card games and boot him from the franchise to be fair to everyone else. I sent him a PM and he replied so I think the odds of him getting his game in before the deadline are pretty good.

NOTE: I'm going out of town and won't be able to advance the schedule until Monday night at the earliest even if SmogItUp gets his game in this weekend.

Aaron, if you want to give me commish duty for the weekend, I'll take it over in case he gets his game in. If not, that's cool. You're in the next round so we'd have to wait anyways. I hope I don't play Wyatt next round! He beat me this season saying he couldn't even beat the computer, hahahaha! Although, with my new all-star Rosenfels, I might be a little tougher :)

[quote name='dubbfoolio']It's fun playing this game with a good team.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it's also really fun when your best players aren't hurt, haha :lol:

Just so everyone updated on things, I just checked the Franchise and SmogItUp has not played his game yet. The schedule will be advanced no later than Friday at 1 AM. If he has not played his playoff game by then, he will be booted from the league and we'll be down to four player-controlled teams (3 in the NFC, 1 in the AFC). If he gets his game in earlier than that, I'll let you know.

SmogItUp does not have his game back (he let a friend borrow it) and has asked to leave the league. I will be advancing the schedule when I get out of work tonight around 12:30 AM or so.

Also...when Lionman took over the Steelers from Snoopy, Ben Roethlisberger was on IR without Lionman knowing. I will attempt to turn trading on when I advance the schedule. If Madden allows trades to happen, teams will get a maximum of one trade for their team in order to replace an injured player. However, there's a catch: If you make a trade, the player you trade from your team also has to be comparable in rating to the one you're replacing (within one or two points lower is okay). For example, Craig can attempt to trade for a replacement QB, but must trade someone good as well. He can not trade an injured Brett Favre from the team. Maybe Sidney Rice or someone else with a solid rating that's healthy.Lionman said he'll likely trade Brian Urlacher (who Snoopy traded to get early in the season) for a random QB.If people are opposed to this trading idea, let me know and if there's a majority against it, we won't allow trades.
**NOTE: My work computer is being weird and made my post one long sentence. Sorry about that.

I don't mind if he trades. I'm gonna stick with Rosenfels though. I'll ride out the injury and see what happens. I'm not scared, haha :p I would never get rid of Sidney Rice!

I have advanced the schedule so we're now in the Divisional Round. SmogItUp has left the franchise, which means we're down to four player-controlled teams (3 NFC, 1 AFC).

Here are the Divisional Matchups:

NFC
Cardinals (Dubbfoolio) at Packers (AMillsy)
Vikings (YesterdaysRising) at Redskins (CPU)

AFC
Steelers (Lionman6928) 27, Titans (CPU) 17
Colts (CPU) at Chargers (CPU)

Lionman already played his game. Wyatt and I will try to play our game at around 12:15 AM EST tonight. Once Craig gets his game in, I'll advance the schedule to the Conference Championship round.

Also...trading is set to ON in our Franchise, but I'm pretty sure that since we're in the playoffs we can't trade now anyway. The only person affected by this is Lionman. He'll just have to go with Free Agent pickup Gus Frerotte as his Roethlisberger replacement.

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I'd like to start another season at some point after this one is finished as long as there's enough interest. Ideally, I'd like to get at least eight people in the league. All players from this league would get dibs on their teams of choice.

I don't think I'll want to start a new season immediately following our current season, though. I have a pretty big backlog of games that I really want to play through right now and I don't have a ton of spare time to do that and a Madden League. BioShock 2 and Heavy Rain are coming out next month too so that'll add to my backlog even more.

Odds are I'd wait until at least March to start-up a new season. If anyone here wants to start a new league before then, go ahead. I need a bit of a break from 'ol Johnny Madden, though. ;)

I'll probably get my game in tomorrow afternoon after I get home from class. I'll definitely be up for another season as well. I don't mind waiting. I have school to keep me busy now and of course other games. I really hope we can get a bunch more people that actually play this time.

Wyatt and I got our game in last night. Final score: Packers 45, Cardinals 14. The score definitely doesn't tell the whole story. Wyatt out-played me offensively the entire game, but my defense helped make up for it.

Charles Woodson returned two INTs for TD (99 yds & 40 yds). Al Harris returned another INT for a 40-yard score as part of a 5-interception game for my defense.

Wyatt had more total offense, more passing yards and more red zone attempts. Unfortunately, he turned it over twice inside the 20 and I think that turned out to be the difference.

Assuming Craig wins his game, I'm curious to see if he or I get home field in the NFC Championship game. The Vikings SHOULD get it, but then again they should have won the Division on a tiebreaker as well. We shall see...

Don't forget that you can check box scores, stats and schedules for our franchise on EA's website here:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/madden/franchise/franchises

In case any of you want to play another season before we get around to starting one here on CAG, you can join other franchises there too.

Awesome didn't know about the box score site! Now it'll be easier to follow the rest of the playoffs. Good luck guys, had a fun season even though I suck at passing!

Thanks for playing, Wyatt - it was fun. And congratulations on tying Snoopy and Lionman for the franchise lead for most teams controlled in one season. ;)

The schedule has been advanced to the conference championship round:
AFC
Steelers @ Chargers - Lionman vs. CPU...again

NFC
Packers @ Vikings - Aaron vs. Craig (who finally gets home field advantage)

So now I get home field advantage? You know, if the game is gonna mess up, it should keep it that way, haha. Alright Aaron, lets see if I can make it 3-0 :)

The matchup for the Super Bowl is set:

MILLSY BOWL I
Minnesota Vikings (Craig - YesterdaysRising)
vs.
Pittsburgh Steelers (Wayne - Lionman6928)​

------------------------------------
NFC Championship Game Recap:

Minnesota Vikings (YesterdaysRising) 38, Green Bay Packers (AMillsy) 6​

Green Bay jumped out to a 7-0 lead with about a minute and a half left in the first quarter thanks to an opening drive that ate-up four and a half minutes off the clock...and then the EA servers acted-up, forcing a restart...great news for the Vikings, terrible news for the Packers.​

In NFC Championship Game: Take 2, it was all Minnesota. Adrian Peterson had 148 rushing yards and 88 receiving yards, breaking 7 tackles along the way for some huge plays. Minnesota went 4-5 in the red zone, scoring 4 TDs. Green Bay had just two red zone attempts, managing just a field goal.​

------------------------------------
AFC Championship Game Recap:

Pittsburgh Steelers (Lionman6928) 53, San Diego Chargers (CPU) 38​

Pittsburgh's easy road through the CPU-controlled AFC playoffs continued with a high-scoring win over the Chargers. Santonio Holmes returned three kickoffs for touchdowns (104 yards and two 100-yarders) and also had an 82-yard touchdown reception.​

------------------------------------​

Here are the results for the Super Bowl:

MILLSY BOWL I

Pittsburgh Steelers (Wayne - Lionman6928) 34
defeats
Minnesota Vikings (Craig - YesterdaysRising) 28
in OVERTIME​

For a recap of the game, check out Craig's post below.​

Congratulations to Lionman on winning Millsy Bowl I and thanks to those who stuck it out this year.​

We'll try to start another season later this year. Right now we're tentatively planning for sometime in March. Players from this season get first pick of teams for next season. New players are also welcome to join. Just post in this thread if you want in.​

Well, it was an interesting game to say the least. I must say, in the next franchise, I will not be the Vikings because I can't handle Peterson's fumbling all the time. Anyways, onto the game...

It started out as all offense, he scored and then I scored until it was 21-21, then we finally started stopping each other. The 4th quarter was quite intense. I stopped Lionman and got the ball back with a little under 2 minutes left. I was on my own 45 yard line or so and all I needed was about 25 yards for a field goal win. I dumped it off to the right to Adrian Peterson and he got hit and decided it was a really good idea to fumble (this was his second fumble of the game but the first one I recovered) and Lionman returned it for a TD for the 28-21 lead. I got the ball back and it took me a few plays until a 60 yard pass to Percy Harvin for the score, 28-28 with about 28 seconds left. Lionman returns the ball to my 45 yard line (I was nervous) with about 18 seconds left. He gets a first down and close enough for a field goal. He ends up kicking a 47 yard field goal short with only 1 second on the clock. So I just did a run play to end the quarter. OT starts and I pick heads and lose the toss. I kick it off and Lionman returned it the 29. First play, he bombs it 71 yards to SHAUN MCDONALD (where did he come from, haha) for a TD, game over. It was a very intense game and you can see but I will be taking back the Millsy Bowl next time when I don't have Peterson to fumble the ball :)

Sounds like the Millsy Bowl was an awesome game. I hope in future Maddens they let the rest of the league spectate/heckle. I had fun losing to you guys. I look forward to next season.

Millsy Bowl II will be put on hold until Madden 11 comes out. Amazon's trade-in value jumped from $26.25 to $35.50 today for Madden 10 and I couldn't resist trading it in. With Madden 11 currently $59.99 with a $20 gift card, I'm pretty much swapping Madden 10 for Madden 11 straight-up.

I do plan to start a Madden 11 league when it comes out in August so I'll start a new thread sometime before then.

Wierd question. Anyone not using the Online franchise code on the back of the manual? If so could I possibly use it? Message me if you have one. Thanks in advance.

that's a message a friend of mine sent out, I was trying to help him out. thanks.

I am having a problem with creating a player I hope one of you can help me out on. I know I must be doing something wrong here -- for the life of me I can not figure out how to get a created player on a team. I see where you select what team he will go on, and I have tried selecting the save now and keep player option - but he does not show up on the selected team or in the free agent section. What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance...

[quote name='DestroVega']Wierd question. Anyone not using the Online franchise code on the back of the manual? If so could I possibly use it? Message me if you have one. Thanks in advance.

that's a message a friend of mine sent out, I was trying to help him out. thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Well this is a thread about a Madden franchise so it should be safe to assume we've all used our codes ;)

oh... see, I don't know anything about it.

I didn't buy Madden this year and I usually buy it for 360... why are there codes for Franchise mode??

[quote name='DestroVega']oh... see, I don't know anything about it.

I didn't buy Madden this year and I usually buy it for 360... why are there codes for Franchise mode??[/QUOTE]

It's EA's way of getting people to buy new copies instead of used copies (since they don't make a penny off used game sales). If you get a used copy that already has its Franchise code used, you can still buy one in the PlayStation Store (I don't remember if it's $5 or $10). When you factor that in, it's almost worth it just to get a new copy. The same thing applies to the 360 version.

EA did a similar thing with Mass Effect 2's Cerebrus Network card.

bread's done
Back