Actual Madden League that PLAYS THEIR GAMES!

smiggity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well its looking like the other Madden League thread is going nowhere so I decided to start another one. Trying to get around 10 CAGs together to get an Online Franchise going. So far we have 3 members

SmogItUp-Detroit Lions
GhostFace36-San Diego Chargers
MountainDew77- San Francisco 49ers

Remember, it is a fantasy draft so teams are unimportant beyond facility and coaches.

Drop a line if you are interested. I guarantee we will be playing our games on time and quickly.

This is a little different then the league, because you don't always have to worry about only having to play each other. There will be CPU teams as well and it is easy enough to kick out teams/players who do not participate.

[quote name='m_d_amore']good luck with that think last years CAG league played maybe 7 games[/QUOTE]

That's about right as I was 0-7. :)

We had all the spots taken, split into two Conferences, one conference folded, owners were coming and going all season and at the end only 2 or 3 of us had played 7 games when the season was only 11 games long.

After my third message of "C'mon guys, play your games" with no response I gave up too.

Never understood why one would drop $60 on one of the biggest selling games and not take advantage of multiplayer especially in a generally friendly environment like CAG.

Seriously, good luck to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its odd I have an easier time getting an online franchise going from the XMB friends list than in the CAG Forums. The other madden thread is just a clusterfuck. They are going nowhere.

Whatever if noone joins JS1 & I can use this thread to talk smack about our season.

True. I was wondering if you wanted to restart our other one with snoopy and the other guys. The reason for this is because one of the guys was not happy with his team and I found out that the Online franchise trade logic is broken. I noticed this based off of some of the trades that the CPU accepted in the regular franchise we are in(A. Gates for the eagles tight end + their 3rd string).

I wanted to be the chargers and another guy wanted the falcons, another guy wanted the skins , so on and so on. That way it would be possible to meet in the SB. But I'm not sure how often we would play in the regular season.

Let me know what you think.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']That's about right as I was 0-7. :)

We had all the spots taken, split into two Conferences, one conference folded, owners were coming and going all season and at the end only 2 or 3 of us had played 7 games when the season was only 11 games long.

After my third message of "C'mon guys, play your games" with no response I gave up too.

Never understood why one would drop $60 on one of the biggest selling games and not take advantage of multiplayer especially in a generally friendly environment like CAG.

Seriously, good luck to you guys.[/QUOTE]

The best thing about the franchise mode versus the league last year is that you can sim the games whether the people play them or not. That way after so long it is possible to move on without the people are waiting on.

Yeah we can restart our other one. I dont mind. I would like to continue with the NFC East one though, its gonna get crazy the last couple weeks of the season

We can keep em' both the way they are. I NEED to win against Detroit. I'm freakin' 0-2! Made a dumb pass that the CPU took to the house that cost me the game. I don't play anyone until week 7. I saw you beat snoopy.

Some of the guys were asking about the trading that you had done and deciple as well, we were wondering what you think about this. Some want to restart it and have 3 in NFC and 3 in AFC that way we have a chance to meet in the superbowl and people can pick their favorite teams.

I also posted in the other madden post that we have a franchise going on now and if they want to join to let us know.

The other thing we wanted to do was because of the lopsided trade/s that you could balance it out more by sending a starter offense or defense to NE to for a scrub to balance out the moss trade, the Cinci one was not too bad the same would be asked of for deciple and Lionman as well.

Or the other option that some of the guys wanted to do was for me to open the trading again and let every one do one trade one for offense and one for defense.

Because of the trade logic being broken for the CPU, I think we should just leave it to human to human instead unless we set it up to make it so it's more balanced(realistic).

Yeah. Sucks cuz I gave up Osi and the dude I got is out all year. I really dont wanna keep restarting cuz we will never finish a season. I can release OchoCinco

That's cool, I what do you think about deciple? He got Gates from SD for his starter and his 3rd string. I want to keep going also I think it's fun to be playing each other along with playing the CPU. The CPU is pretty good this year on ALL-Pro without being really cheap.

My frustration with T-Dot's Non-Starting League has reached its point. I've come to the realization that we'll never get that one going.

I'm on the fence about joining this league, though. The main reason being, I don't really have time to sit around and draft 54-players (assuming it's just like a fantasy football draft where everyone takes a turn and picks one at a time). Call me weird, but I'd rather just take the 6-10 Packers instead of drafting an entire team. Does it take a long time to do a draft?

Also...I work second shift so really, playing between 2 PM-Midnight EST wouldn't work for me. Would that conflict with any certain time when games get played?

If someone can answer those two questions, I'll be able to make a decision about joining the league.

Thanks.

Well, some of the guys wanted me to start another one so that they would have their teams. So I did right now there are 6 of us we want 3 in the AFC 3 in the NFC Smiggity, I say we just scrap the fantasy one we have in favor of this one.

It seems that most want just the regular rosters. I wanted to be SD, I know another guy said Baltimore, deciple wanted either Tenn. or ATL. and TH wanted WAS. I know Snoopy wanted either DAL. or CHI. Smiggity who would have in mind? Also how do feel about trades? Should we allow one CPU trade per team, with some sort of realism? Or another option would be to only allow a bad team to perform a trade or pick up a FA? What do you think?

aaronmills, the draft does take a while and I also prefer just using regular rosters. What time would you be able to play? The only issue would be when playing against another human controlled team, but their is a option to simulate that game and move ahead also.

I can play pretty much every day during the week except between the hours of 2 PM-Midnight EST. I normally don't home from work until about midnight and would need a few minutes to get logged onto my PS3 and everything. On the weekends, I'm very flexible as to when I can play since I have most weekends off. I've got some random things already planned over the next few months, but if it came down to it, I could always sim a game if need-be.

As long as we keep the rosters in place (mainly to cut down on having to draft an entire team), I'd like to join the league as the Green Bay Packers.

I'm okay with allowing one trade per team. That way, if someone gets injured, you can try to replace him.

My PSN ID is AMillsy if you need it.

I'll check back on Tuesday to see what people have to say.

I have officially joined the league as the Packers. As of right now, it looks like I don't play an actual person until week 12 or so. However, if someone signs up as an NFC North team, that'll change quite a bit.

Let me know when we're gonna start playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested - but can someone explain how/when a fantasy draft would work for the league? Is it like fantasy drafting for regular fantasy leagues (round by round)?

So if I picked the Cowboys, I could have Tom Brady as my QB, T.O. as my WR, etc?

Also, where, exactly would I sign up? Sorry - I am along time Madden player but have never tried any online leagues so this is all new to me...

I'm pretty sure we're sticking with the actual rosters for the team you sign up with, but are allowing one trade during the season. That'll help you replace an injured player or try to get someone you really want on your team. Doing a draft would just take too long. 54 rounds is a little much.

I got my sign up info from js1. I'd say drop him a PM if you want in.

Hey guys how does this sound about trades?
If you do decide to do a trade let's make it somewhat fair and keep it within 6pts.

Which means if you want a 90 OVR you have to give up a 84 OVR. The reason for this is because the trade logic is broken in the online franchise and they wont let you trade draft picks.

But there is a rookie draft at the end of the season. EA didn't put a TON of features in the online franchise but I hope in next years game they will really build upon it.

On another note I wish that when doing the online franchise they gave us the option to turn the speed down to slow. I just like the flow of the game so much better when playing it that way. BTW, I got beat by the mother fuckin' Raiders! In my 1st game... LT was hurt for a quarter and McFadden tore me up on some big plays.

[quote name='js1']BTW, I got beat by the mother fuckin' Raiders! In my 1st game... LT was hurt for a quarter and McFadden tore me up on some big plays.[/QUOTE]

So I guess that means we're starting our league now, eh? Guess I'm gonna have to track down whoever has the Bears and set up a time because they're my week one game.

Also...I'm fine with that trade rule. Do we have a certain number of trades that we're limited to, though? I think we settled on one, but just want to make sure.

amillsy and dsheinem you guys can play your games. I know snoopy is ready to play you amilsy and dsheinem you just have to play the CPU.

The teams that are taken are as follows:

Bears
Chargers
Cowboys
Packers
Ravens
Redskins
Steelers
Titans

Alright, well, since it's a draft, it doesn't really matter. What's the league name to sign up for? Do I need a password?

Me and snoopy tried playing on Saturday, but lost connection with EA twice. If it happens to anyone else, you are not alone. Hopefully whatever their issue is gets fixed soon.

Alright, I joined the league and I am the Vikings. I'll play my first game today since it's against the computer. Looking forward to playing with everyone :)

Also, I know this league is for CAGs but I could get my friend to join if you want to have another person. I play against him online all the time and I know he would be interested. Let me know if you want me to get him. If not, that's cool too.

i keep losing the server connection to the franchise partway through games - I also drop head to head games online frequently. Is there some kind of network problem going on?

Snoopy and I had issues last night when we were playing. We were late in the 2nd quarter when the first game got dropped. I thought it was a problem with my wireless network, but after changing to a wired connection and starting again, it booted us in the first quarter.

Snoopy and I are supposed to give things a-go later tonight. Hopefully things are working by then because it's getting pretty annoying.

I havent had any problems personally. It does seem like the Franchise servers go offline around 2am EST though for a little while (Presumably maintenance)

We are up to 10 owners now! Let's get those games in! We have started week 1.

smiggity, feel free to update the OP with this info and to change the info to let others know we are using reg rosters.

The teams taken are 8/30/09 as follows:
Bears-Snoopy_419
Chargers-Ghost_Face_36
Cowboys-dsheinem
Giants-guitatrplyr
Packers-AMillsy
Ravens-LIONMAN6928
Redskins-MrTHCaka420
Steelers-II_D1SC1PLE_3-16
Titans-SmogItUp
Vikings-YesterdaysRising

Looks like we're pretty much guaranteed to have an actual human make the playoffs out of the NFC North with me, Snoopy and YesterdaysRising filling things out. I'll post back tonight if me and Snoopy have problems with the EA server again.

I am interested in playing as well. I don't care what team I get, if we are doing Fantasy draft. My PSN is shawnk380 hit me up with a message if your interested in getting a league together. If we have to keep current rosters, I can play with any team. I am not a great Madden player, but am trying to learn. I am a great NCAA footballer though. But this years game was terrible.

shawnk380 it all good, we are mainly just playing to have fun. I used to play nothing but NCAA and Madden for I don't know how many years, but then Metal Gear Solid game out and changed what types of games I play, so sports game kind of took a back seat for me. This year's madden is pretty good and the group of guys we have are pretty good about getting their games in so the league should move quickly.

I'm actually looking forward to next years game to see what features they add to the online franchise,hopefully it will be more fleshed out then this years version.

bread's done
Back