Actual Madden League that PLAYS THEIR GAMES!

I don't know if he has been disconnecting, I think he has connection issues. Because even in a private chat the connection takes a minute to connect. I know he has a faster connection than me, but he had some possible router issues and he lives in an apt. so maybe someone leeching off of him?

I don't know if any of these are the case, but I want to think so..

Im telling you he is cheezing. I be checking their restarts... I havent been on in a while...Ill get my games done tonight or tomorrow. Amillsy for sure gets to quit and take the best team in the playoffs that is CPU controlled. Anyone else who doesnt make playoffs can do the same for all I care.

I agree, the online franchise is the best thing to happen to Madden since the hit stick. I love it

[quote name='smiggity']Im telling you he is cheezing. I be checking their restarts... I havent been on in a while...Ill get my games done tonight or tomorrow. Amillsy for sure gets to quit and take the best team in the playoffs that is CPU controlled. Anyone else who doesnt make playoffs can do the same for all I care.

I agree, the online franchise is the best thing to happen to Madden since the hit stick. I love it[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Lionman or Snoopy? I agree the online franchise has made this game for me, the gameplay and the improved presention helped too! I can't wait until next year, hopefully the online franchise will be more fleshed out next year.

[quote name='smiggity']Im telling you he is cheezing.[/QUOTE]

I know you made a typo there, but just for fun I typed "cheezing" into Google and the result from Urban Dictionary was pretty funny.

Cheezing (verb): (1) sniffing male cat piss to trip balls. (2) the act of inhalation of female felines "spray"

Then again, if someone in this league is "cheezing" I think they have worse problems than restarting games over and over until they win. Of course, I don't condone cheating or cheezing for what it's worth. :lol:

[quote name='dubbfoolio']lost to the computer again. I came back from being 17 points down in the third quarter but they scopred a touchdown with 30 seconds left. I'm getting a little better. I'm hoping to snag a win from the cpu before the season is over. what is the difficulty set to in this league? With default difficulty on, my niners look like the Steelers. This must be ratcheted up a couple notches right? If any cpu opponents get into the playoffs we should reseat the highest human players with the next best records into those teams.[/QUOTE]

Man, why don't you just make me feel worse about losing to you, haha :razz:

How is the league going? I just bought the game off ebay and should get it by Sunday. I'm thinking it might be fun to join a league with people here!

Well, I played Snoopy and lost.. 13-7. I played pretty bad on the offensive side of the ball. I made some bad throws. couldn't get the running game going.

[quote name='aaronmills']I know you made a typo there, but just for fun I typed "cheezing" into Google and the result from Urban Dictionary was pretty funny.

Cheezing (verb): (1) sniffing male cat piss to trip balls. (2) the act of inhalation of female felines "spray"

Then again, if someone in this league is "cheezing" I think they have worse problems than restarting games over and over until they win. Of course, I don't condone cheating or cheezing for what it's worth. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:applause::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lionman especially but Snoopy too

YesterdaysRising and I played our week 4 game last night. He beat me 37-31. Losing the game wasn't the worst of it for me, though. Ryan Grant suffered a season-ending pectoral muscle tear on the first play of the game so I'll have to rely on my backups for the final 12 games of the season. :bomb: I actually came back from a 28-10 2nd quarter deficit to pull within three late in the fourth quarter, but just couldn't come through in the end.

Adrian Peterson got injured three times for him and left for good in the second quarter so it turned into an Aaron Rodgers vs. Brett Favre game the rest of the way. Unfortunately, YesterdaysRising picked Rodgers four times in the game. Three were returned for touchdowns...yes, that's right...three. The fourth came on my final drive of the game that sealed the win for Minnesota.

Besides that devastating injuy to my backfield, I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to a rematch with the Vikes in a couple weeks - this time at Lambeau.

[quote name='aaronmills']YesterdaysRising and I played our week 4 game last night. He beat me 37-31. Losing the game wasn't the worst of it for me, though. Ryan Grant suffered a season-ending pectoral muscle tear on the first play of the game so I'll have to rely on my backups for the final 12 games of the season. :bomb: I actually came back from a 28-10 2nd quarter deficit to pull within three late in the fourth quarter, but just couldn't come through in the end.

Adrian Peterson got injured three times for him and left for good in the second quarter so it turned into an Aaron Rodgers vs. Brett Favre game the rest of the way. Unfortunately, YesterdaysRising picked Rodgers four times in the game. Three were returned for touchdowns...yes, that's right...three. The fourth came on my final drive of the game that sealed the win for Minnesota.

Besides that devastating injuy to my backfield, I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to a rematch with the Vikes in a couple weeks - this time at Lambeau.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a good game. After Peterson decided that getting hurt 3 times was enough, I had no offense, haha. My defense held up pretty well though so it worked out. It was a good ending too. I especially enjoyed my pick to end it :) I'm just glad that I'm playing the computer next week cause Peterson is out with a dislocated elbow. I'm sure glad it's only a week though.

That's good that most of the games have been competitive. All of my game have been close in either victory or loss.

All the games are done now so it looks like we can advance to the next week. Now, lets see if I can beat the Rams without Peterson, haha.

I proposed a trade to the CPU-controlled Texans:

Ryan Grant (85 overall and out for the season) from me for Steve Slaton (87 overall).

Here's to hoping the trade logic in the game is broken and it goes through because otherwise I'm gonna have to be a pass-heavy team without a decent running back.

It will go through, but that's why I said we have to limit the trades point wise 5pts. Also to limit the trades overall.

[quote name='js1']It will go through, but that's why I said we have to limit the trades point wise 5pts. Also to limit the trades overall.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it does. I went through all the teams and Slaton was the closest runningback overall-points-wise to Ryan Grant, which is why I decided to try doing that trade.

[quote name='CRH7386']I didn't even realize we could trade! I need a wide receiver. So what are the rules on that? Just a 5 point difference?[/QUOTE]

I think the rule is that we have to keep the overall points to within 5 (although I think it says 7-points in the actual Franchise News and 6-points earlier in this thread). I don't remember how many we're limited to, but I believe it's only one trade.

My injured Ryan Grant for healthy Steve Slaton trade went through (thank goodness) so I have a running back again. I've got a bye week here in Week 5 and then I'll be matching-up with the Lions in Week 6. It's the perfect cure for my Week 4 Hangover (a loss to YesterdaysRising's Vikes).

Non-Madden-related: I have a feeling that the Lions are going to bring an end to their losing streak this Sunday against Washington.

[quote name='aaronmills']
Non-Madden-related: I have a feeling that the Lions are going to bring an end to their losing streak this Sunday against Washington.[/QUOTE]
The Detroit Lions looks slightly less pathetic than normal, and the Washington Racialslurs look more mediocre than normal. It's a recipe for upset.

[quote name='js1']Do any of you guys know what the patch today was for?[/QUOTE]

I think it was to make the niners awesome. because I absolutely destroyed the cpu falcons. 45-6. Is there any chance that it took the league setting off of all-pro? Please say no.

here's a list of fixes from the update:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubbfoolio']I think it was to make the niners awesome.[/QUOTE]

In a way, that's kinda right. In massive roster update, it says that they removed Michael CRAP-tree from the 49ers roster since he's more interested in setting the Guiness World Record for longest holdout than he is in suiting-up.

When asked about the roster update, Coach Mike Singletary said: "Cannot play with Crabtree. Cannot win with Crabtree. Cannot coach with Crabtree. Can't do it. If he's not in the game, he's not in the game."

[quote name='CRH7386']I can't connect to the franchise :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I asked to have you kicked out of the Franchise after you beat me. Just kiddin'. :lol:

I've had that problem a handful of times as well. I'm guessing it's EA doing some maintenance of some sort with all their Franchise stuff.

No more CRAPTREE!? But in my make believe Madden world he's my best receiver on the team!! In reali life I wish they'd tell him to go shaq-fu himself. The guy has bust written all over him. He's not worth a dime. I hope they never sign him.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']No more CRAPTREE!? But in my make believe Madden world he's my best receiver on the team!! In reali life I wish they'd tell him to go shaq-fu himself. The guy has bust written all over him. He's not worth a dime. I hope they never sign him.[/QUOTE]

QFT! :applause:

[quote name='dubbfoolio']No more CRAPTREE!? But in my make believe Madden world he's my best receiver on the team!! In reali life I wish they'd tell him to go shaq-fu himself. The guy has bust written all over him. He's not worth a dime. I hope they never sign him.[/QUOTE]

I heard the real reason that Crabtree hasn't signed is because he already had a pre-existing deal to appear on VH1's Divas with Kelly Clarkson and Miley Cyrus.

just about to post that. but you beat me to the punch Aaron.

y the way this just in.... I HATE BRETT FAVRE!!!! The refs helped as much as they could, giving him all the calls... fixing his fucking shoulder pads for him, and giving him a big pat on the back... I couldn't fucking believe it. But honestly he didn't need their help really, he just owns the niners. plain and simple. I can't wait for that selfish prick to retire so I don't have to look at his smug face anymore. I guess it was good enough to see Mark Roman knock his lights out in the first half.

[quote name='aaronmills']Reebok is giving away free codes to download the AFL Legacy pack for PS3 Users. All you have to do is follow the link and put in your e-mail address. They give you the code right away.

Enjoy!

http://www.reebok.com/US/afl[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was also going to post this. This a cool update for me(chargers fan).

[quote name='dubbfoolio']just about to post that. but you beat me to the punch Aaron.

y the way this just in.... I HATE BRETT FAVRE!!!! The refs helped as much as they could, giving him all the calls... fixing his fucking shoulder pads for him, and giving him a big pat on the back... I couldn't fucking believe it. But honestly he didn't need their help really, he just owns the niners. plain and simple. I can't wait for that selfish prick to retire so I don't have to look at his smug face anymore. I guess it was good enough to see Mark Roman knock his lights out in the first half.[/QUOTE]

@Wyatt: You know I'm a Favre fan, but being a Packers fan trumps that for me...and that means I'd like the Vikings to lose so GB can take the NFC North. I was bummed (although not as much as you) about the game. The fact that Minnesota won on pretty much a "Hail Brett" pass (I think that's what the NFL is calling it now) when you only had Frank Gore in there for one carry because of the injury has got to be frustrating. If Gore would've been healthy, the Niners would've won by a landslide.

In other NFL News...I was glad to see the Lions finally win. Players were crying after the game and everything - it was crazy. I'm a TV sports anchor in Michigan and told our viewers this week that the Lions were going to win (first time I've ever done that). I also picked the Lions in my Yahoo Pick 'em League. Now if only I would've put some money on the game...oh well, you can't win 'em all...just ask the 49ers. :lol: Just kidding, Wyatt. Heck, my Packers lost to the Bengals last week for crying out loud.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']just about to post that. but you beat me to the punch Aaron.

y the way this just in.... I HATE BRETT FAVRE!!!! The refs helped as much as they could, giving him all the calls... fixing his fucking shoulder pads for him, and giving him a big pat on the back... I couldn't fucking believe it. But honestly he didn't need their help really, he just owns the niners. plain and simple. I can't wait for that selfish prick to retire so I don't have to look at his smug face anymore. I guess it was good enough to see Mark Roman knock his lights out in the first half.[/QUOTE]

See, that's what you get when you beat me :D The Vikings had to redeem themselves, haha.

It was a frustrating loss to say the least. I think it's the fact that Brett has done it to us so many times. And that calls tend to go his way in these games. As they were driving down the field my buddy and girlfriend were poking fun at me, and I asked them "do you really want to see Favre every time you turn on espn next week?" Last night they showed that pass literally 5-10 times on the NBC game.

With the Cardinals abysmal play yesterday, I have to feel a lot better (even though I like the cards).

I had no idea you were a sports anchor Aaron. Glad you had some good news to report finally. Hopefully the lions can win a couple more this year. I think bad things happen to that organization once the NFL becomes uncapped. Lions have a good football market, with no money, and an owner who is clueless. Out here we call them Raiders. Hopefully the team can rally around what they have and stay afloat. It'll help a lot if they stop drafting 5 wide receivers every year with no one to throw them the ball.

Craig, from now on I lay down to all opponents in the Madden league. ;)

Let me know when the week advances. This is my bye week so I haven't even played Madden since my week 4 game against Craig. I'm not in a hurry...just bored.

Sorry guys, been super busy lately. Feel free to simulate my game(s) if needed.

BTW--GO LIONS!!! We finally got one!!! Shame it was blacked out though

I got a pretty good scare from the Lions. They got the ball first and drove down the field for a Touchdown. A couple plays into my first posession, they hit me as I was throwing and a D-Lineman and returned my 2-yard wounded duck of a pass for a touchdown putting me down 14-0 early. Thankfully, I came back and won 34-24.

It looks like whoever has the Giants ("guitatrplyr" or something like that) had a pretty easy time with the Saints...on his third re-start. Hopefully he was having connection problems because 3 restarts? As the ESPN Monday Night countdown guys say, "Come on, Man!"

[quote name='dubbfoolio']It's strange but... I'm rooting for the packers tonight. I feel dirty.[/QUOTE]

And I cheered against Favre for the first time in my life. If only the Packers offensive line could've given Aaron Rodgers, I don't know, at least two seconds to throw the ball. Getting sacked 8 times? Come on...that doesn't even happen in Madden.

[quote name='aaronmills']I got a pretty good scare from the Lions. They got the ball first and drove down the field for a Touchdown. A couple plays into my first posession, they hit me as I was throwing and a D-Lineman and returned my 2-yard wounded duck of a pass for a touchdown putting me down 14-0 early. Thankfully, I came back and won 34-24.

It looks like whoever has the Giants ("guitatrplyr" or something like that) had a pretty easy time with the Saints...on his third re-start. Hopefully he was having connection problems because 3 restarts? As the ESPN Monday Night countdown guys say, "Come on, Man!"[/QUOTE]

Ya, guitatrplyr is my friend and I talked to him about it. He has connection problems. I play him a lot and I'd say we get disconnect at least 50% of the time. So don't worry, he won't cheat. He's a good guy and pretty good at Madden.

I beat Lionman tonight 56-22 so the only game left for the week is Smiggity against the computer so I'm ready for next week when everyone else is!

bread's done
Back