Actual Madden League that PLAYS THEIR GAMES!

Snoopy and I just got our first game in. As one of my foreign exchange student friends once said back in high school: "I am suck!"

I'd like to thank Aaron Rodgers for his 0.8 passer rating in the game. I guess they rounded up from zero to give me an actual stat. Oh well, it was still fun. I've gotta practice-up to avoid even more embarrassment in Week 2.

[quote name='smiggity']Whoa, thats like Joey Harrington numbers lol[/QUOTE]

Funny. And being from Michigan myself, it's also kinda sad. :lol:

I've never come anywhere close to being that bad before. I think I was 6 of 20 for 80 yards with 2 picks and 0 TDs. I didn't know I played that bad until I checked the stats afterwards...I only lost 10-0.

It stinks because the first time Snoopy and I tried to play our game, I tossed an 80-yard TD pass to go up 7-0 and then the game had connection problems.

I seem to be either really good or really bad. And when it's bad...it's really bad.

[quote name='dmlopr']Are you still looking for more people to join? How about a newb?[/QUOTE]
I finally got my copy of Madden from the SI deal. I'd like to join the league. Niners are my team, but I also kind of like the Cards since I currently live in Tempe.

@ dubbfoolio and dmlopr...

Drop a PM to smiggity and see if it's still possible for you guys to join (hopefully it is). Since we only have about 10 guys in the league it's not like teams aren't available. We started playing Week One games this week so I'm not sure how it works once things get going.

Damn, I'd love to take part in this league but I have no time nowadays :(
I love playing with my friends, but they never want to start a league like this. It's a shame I know I don't have the time for it

[quote name='aaronmills']@ dubbfoolio and dmlopr...

Drop a PM to smiggity and see if it's still possible for you guys to join (hopefully it is). Since we only have about 10 guys in the league it's not like teams aren't available. We started playing Week One games this week so I'm not sure how it works once things get going.[/QUOTE]
I responded to a pm from sj1 that I'd like to join.
It's just for fun so I don't mind missing the first week.

scratch the niners off the board. we're a ragtag bunch of pantsless winners and we're taking the league by storm. when do we start playing week 2 games?

wow I got destroyed my the computer. this isn't my super easy default settings! hopefully I rise to the difficulty before the season is over. Shaun Hill was decimated.

Shaun Hill may have been decimated, but don't feel bad because Aaron Rodgers was "decimal-pointed" in my season opener. Stupid 0.8 QB Rating.

I've discovered that if you can hang around kicking field goals (if you can't get into the end zone), eventually the CPU makes a mistake and your can take advantage. I think I was only up 6-0 late in the 3rd Quarter against the Bengals when my defense made a couple picks and helped set up a couple scores. Similar things have happened to me in my offline franchise as well.

Week 3's up and running. Rack-up another win for the Packers against a winless team (first the Bengals, now the Rams). Seems like I can only beat teams that have a zero in their win column. Luckily, playing in the NFC North, the Lions are on my schedule twice. :lol:

Odds are the 2-game winning streak will come to an end for me in week four when I match-up with YesterdaysRising and the Minnesota Favre-lings.

um, I still haven't played week 2 as the person I need to play against (Giants) has not responded to my psn mail. Can we get a master list of teams/cag id/psn id?

[quote name='smiggity']Should be on the second page[/QUOTE]

It's on page 3 and the name there is not a CAG username (can't send a PM to it.), It looks like their PSN ID, which I emailed a few days ago and haven't heard back.

So if you advanced to week 3, does that mean week 2 games that were still unplayed were simulated?

[quote name='dsheinem']
So if you advanced to week 3, does that mean week 2 games that were still unplayed were simulated?[/QUOTE]

I'm not in charge of the league so I can't verify it, but I would guess that the games that weren't played were simulated.

Last night, I decided to go into our franchise just to look at the standings and was surprised to see that Week 3 was already active. I figured we'd have one week to get our games in, but when I opened the "League News" it said that games must be played within 3-4 days of the week changing. That was a bit of a surprise.

I was hoping for 3-4 days after the week has advanced(to make the league go quicker, some were complaining) but I can extend it until 5-7 days. Other changes I made are 6min qrts from 7 min(W/accelerated clock) I also opened up trading limit 1 per team and must be within 5 pts.

Teams and owners as of 9/11/09

httpwwweasportsworldcom.png

Thanks for the updates, js1. I don't know what everyone elses thoughts are, but I'd rather have the week change every 5-7 days. Some teams (especially us in the NFC North) have more games versus actual users so it might be best to have a bigger window to line up a time to play.

Also...would it be possible for you (or some other person) so post on this page when the next week will advance? Maybe if we have a specific day that we need to get our games in by it'll help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and dubbfoolio are trying to set up our game for week 3. Hopefully today if possible for him. We are trying to get it in. Sorry for the delay.

Smiggity, in our other franchise NFC east one, I almost lost to the Cowboys. I scored the game winning touchdown 59 yrd. touchdown pass to my TE with 5 seconds left in the game. I was so Pumped! Plus I got the trophy at the end of the game. So it was a win win.

[quote name='CRH7386']Me and dubbfoolio are trying to set up our game for week 3. Hopefully today if possible for him. We are trying to get it in. Sorry for the delay.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I think after you guys play yours then I believe we can advance the week.

[quote name='js1']Smiggity, in our other franchise NFC east one, I almost lost to the Cowboys. I scored the game winning touchdown 59 yrd. touchdown pass to my TE with 5 seconds left in the game. I was so Pumped! Plus I got the trophy at the end of the game. So it was a win win.[/QUOTE]

Nice, you are making a run # the NFC east title! I bet Snoopy was pissed:lol:

For some reason Snoopy dropped out of the franchise(ghosteast) along with disciple. They were both having issues with one another. Snoopy is in the superbowl run one as the Bears.

[quote name='js1']That's cool. I think after you guys play yours then I believe we can advance the week.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm trying to get it done today or tomorrow if I can get a hold of him. I just don't want to make everyone wait forever so if we don't get it in soon and you want to sim the game, then it's not a big deal.

Looks like Snoopy dropped out of the franchise. I always see him playing Socom when he's online so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows?

@CRH7386: After we advance to week 4 here, let's set up a time to play. I sent you a reply to your PSN message. Write me back there or here. I tend to check CAG messages more often. Keep in mind that I'm on Eastern time.

Okay, so, me and dubb got disconnected and he has stuff to do tonight so we are going to play again tomorrow morning at 7am pst and hopefully finish. Sorry for delaying everyone.

[quote name='smiggity']Hey no worries guys. I think Snoopy left the franchises once he started losing :)[/QUOTE]

But not before he managed to hand me a loss. :roll:

Does anyone know if the "TS" (times started) column has an effect on anything? My week one game with Snoopy has a three...my week two game has a one...and my week three game has a two (started it twice because I started playing and didn't have enough time to finish before work).

I'm guessing it's only there so you can call-out the guys who have a "5" or something under the TS column because they restart the game everytime they're about to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted a limit of two per game TS for everyone. Because sometimes things happen, disconnects or whatever..

[quote name='js1']I wanted a limit of two per game TS for everyone. Because sometimes things happen, disconnects or whatever..[/QUOTE]

That's sounds good to me. Limiting it to two should help prevent people from restarting against the CPU until they win.

My strategy of making CRH7386 play early in the morning worked flawlessly. He accidentally let me get some scores before he woke up, and by then it was already too late! :twisted: muwahahah! Now I just have to beat Aaron's packers and I'll finish the year with a triumphant 2-14! The niners have never looked better!

Small world, by the way, me and CRH go to the same college.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']My strategy of making CRH7386 play early in the morning worked flawlessly. He accidentally let me get some scores before he woke up, and by then it was already too late! :twisted: muwahahah! Now I just have to beat Aaron's packers and I'll finish the year with a triumphant 2-14! The niners have never looked better!

Small world, by the way, me and CRH go to the same college.[/QUOTE]

Great job guys! On to week 3! That's is cool about being at the same school.

Ya, no more early morning games for me, haha. Dubb tells me he loses to the computer and then whoops me.... I hope I play him again so I can redeem myself! :)

[quote name='smiggity']Lol thats crazy.....Hey ghost you may wanna say something to Lionman...Dude every game he has like 3 restarts...[/QUOTE]

He will send me messages about it sometimes. I'll have to keep an eye on him about it.

Me and Millsy should hopefully get our game done Friday night. I hope we keep up the pace so we can play more games! I'm loving the online franchise :)

lost to the computer again. I came back from being 17 points down in the third quarter but they scopred a touchdown with 30 seconds left. I'm getting a little better. I'm hoping to snag a win from the cpu before the season is over. what is the difficulty set to in this league? With default difficulty on, my niners look like the Steelers. This must be ratcheted up a couple notches right? If any cpu opponents get into the playoffs we should reseat the highest human players with the next best records into those teams.

The settings are on all-pro. The highest setting is all-madden. Also Snoopy decided to rejoin as the Steelers. He was upset because the league was not moving fast enough.

[quote name='js1']Also Snoopy decided to rejoin as the Steelers. He was upset because the league was not moving fast enough.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to re-join as some random team that's undefeated at the end of the season...punk. :lol: I have a feeling he was just intimidated by having to play myself and YesterdaysRising four times this season. Little does Snoopy know that we meet again in Week 15. I guess I shouldn't have deleted him from my PSN Friends list after he quit the first time.

bread's done
Back