Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Collectors Edition for $4

The shipping price is steep but still a good deal for the game. The collector's edition box is pretty big though.

[quote name='Vinny']$14 shipped for a collectors edition is a pretty good deal guys...[/QUOTE]
Except for this game. The community is gone now.

[quote name='Jodou']Except for this game. The community is gone now.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? That sucks.

They should really put some offline modes into these games so people have something to do when the community dies.

Nevermind, I take back what I said then. This isn't a very good deal...

[quote name='whitereflection']And it's F2P up to a certain level, like 20 or something.[/QUOTE]
Don't let that fool you either: 1-20 content was extremely polished for release and then you play the rest of the game where half the content was broken, buggy, or not adequate for leveling purposes. Most of that was fixed from what I hear, but there's really no point bothering since endgame content is a joke unless you just like PvP. I actually played it longer than my clan until WAR hit and might have gone back if it weren't for the constant memory leaks/crashes. By then most everyone had quit anyways and servers were being migrated constantly. I think they're down to maybe 2-3 live servers now IIRC.

[quote name='doodofdoods']$10 shipping? For shame, gogamer.[/QUOTE]

The box is big and quite heavy. It likely would cost 10 or better to ship.

I wanna say the CE is $10 at Gamestop if yours happens to have it in stock... although I would say it's probably not worth it regardless since the game seems to be on its last legs.

[quote name='doodofdoods']$10 shipping? For shame, gogamer.[/QUOTE]

don't complain about GoGamer shipping.

The GoGamer rep here will literally have a rage-seizure

[quote name='mietha']The box is big and quite heavy. It likely would cost 10 or better to ship.[/QUOTE]

only if they're shipping from moscow.

I don't know why AoC isn't popular. I didn't encounter many bugs after level 20, and I hit 80 pretty quickly. The graphics are far and away the best of any MMO. The only reason I quit is that I felt like I had seen everything.

[quote name='Sideswiper']I don't know why AoC isn't popular. I didn't encounter many bugs after level 20, and I hit 80 pretty quickly. The graphics are far and away the best of any MMO. The only reason I quit is that I felt like I had seen everything.[/QUOTE]
Obviously you didn't play during launch.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh really? That sucks.

They should really put some offline modes into these games so people have something to do when the community dies.

Nevermind, I take back what I said then. This isn't a very good deal...[/QUOTE]

" Modes Singleplayer as well as Multiplayer
Unlike most MMORPGs, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures includes a significant singleplayer experience as well as deep overarching multiplayer gameplay. This is an atypical MMORPG feature, but one that has a purpose. Players enter the game as a lowly galley slave with no memory of his/her past, and over the first five to 20 levels of singleplayer action build the skills necessary to survive in the game's multiplayer levels. During this time you will traverse a variety of rich environments including jungles, deserts, mountains, valleys, dungeons and cities packed with NPCs, beasts and monsters, before eventually leveling up and moving back to your chosen culture’s homeland. Because the only character-related choices that players have to make at the game’s opening are their looks, clothing and culture, this singleplayer mode is important in deciding what class and subclass to pursue and thus the level of impact your character will have in greater multiplayer portions of the game.

In-game levels 20 and above are strictly multiplayer. 20-40 introduce players to guilds. 40-60 deal with large scale combat. 60-80 have the player interacting with King Conan and levels 80 and up represent end-game play. Here gameplay changes as social aspects of MMORPG gameplay take over on a large scale. "

sounds like the first 20 levels are singeplayer, don't know if you can actually play them offline though, probably not

I played at Launch, left and recently came back. The game is substantially improved. There's a pretty decent sized community as well, at least there was on Wiccanna. My only real complaint at this point is the Mid 40's to around 70 is still kinda barren and grindy, but there's lots to do once you hit the cap.

With so many places like Amazon offering free shipping does anyone really go for a place that charges for it? Prime has spoiled me. I just pass on places that charge especially a $10 shipping on a dead, albeit good, game.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']sounds like the first 20 levels are singeplayer, don't know if you can actually play them offline though, probably not[/QUOTE]There's no offline aspect to AoC, as the SP portions are only for your main story arc and are instanced. You will still see other players (well, if anyone is playing a twink that is) in town or doing the menial collection/kill quests elsewhere. This was actually my favorite part of the game because newbies would be leveling in White Sands and I'd take my twink Ranger out there to just destroy groups of people in PvP. It was hilariously easy thanks to that godly Amazon exclusive pre-order bow, since it was an item ranked for a level 35-40 player but usable at 20 (did I mention item stat balance was horribly broken in AoC? No Blizzard item level checks here!). I'd one-shot people all the time using aim shot and since every class can stealth, I'd just hide until someone passed and pick them off.

Sadly, I think they added exp for killing players to fix this long after I quit, so who knows.

I don't know why GoGamer doesn't do some Amazon Fulfillment ... oh wait, now I remember ... its because they love to profit on their shipping side ... see every deal on gogamer killed by shipping yes fuck gogamer

[quote name='ninja dog']don't complain about GoGamer shipping.

The GoGamer rep here will literally have a rage-seizure[/QUOTE]

Let him rage, you can throw this in a flat rate flexi-envelope and ship it priority for $6.95.

[quote name='Jodou']I stopped reading that thread; did he start raging at everyone for real?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any, unless that was cleaned out by mods.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh really? That sucks.

Nevermind, I take back what I said then. This isn't a very good deal...[/QUOTE]
Great idea but never happen, to many cheaters so much of the info and such is generated server side, the work to make a offline mode would be huge.

AoC is one of the FEW (maybe -ONLY-) MMORPG i can say has actually improved enouhg to go back to if you left in the early days. BUT as some have said, endgame is ...errr endgame, nothing ot do but kill others, and there is NO MMORPG where there is really any PvP that resembles a "fighting chance" depending on which side you are on. You are either on the side with vast numbers or on the side without... not much challage there (for either side).

I went back, was a much better game, but I only lasted about 3 months.. MMORPG are all grinding, some you grind less, some you grind more.. you will never have the ability to beat the 14 year old who can play all summer or every day after school.. well if you have a 'normal' life.. :)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']" Modes Singleplayer as well as Multiplayer
Unlike most MMORPGs, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures includes a significant singleplayer experience as well as deep overarching multiplayer gameplay. This is an atypical MMORPG feature, but one that has a purpose. Players enter the game as a lowly galley slave with no memory of his/her past, and over the first five to 20 levels of singleplayer action build the skills necessary to survive in the game's multiplayer levels. During this time you will traverse a variety of rich environments including jungles, deserts, mountains, valleys, dungeons and cities packed with NPCs, beasts and monsters, before eventually leveling up and moving back to your chosen culture’s homeland. Because the only character-related choices that players have to make at the game’s opening are their looks, clothing and culture, this singleplayer mode is important in deciding what class and subclass to pursue and thus the level of impact your character will have in greater multiplayer portions of the game.

In-game levels 20 and above are strictly multiplayer. 20-40 introduce players to guilds. 40-60 deal with large scale combat. 60-80 have the player interacting with King Conan and levels 80 and up represent end-game play. Here gameplay changes as social aspects of MMORPG gameplay take over on a large scale. "

sounds like the first 20 levels are singeplayer, don't know if you can actually play them offline though, probably not[/QUOTE]

I checked, you can't play offline.

You know, I started playing this a bit over the summer--I have the free trial downloaded and bought the full game for $5 off of Amazon (standard edition), just never installed it.

I really liked playing it, and was interested in the lore behind the game, so I started reading the classic Conan short stories (which, BTW, are awesome). It was my summer project--read the Conan stories and then go back to playing the game. Then I got hit with a Final Fantasy 14 beta plus helping out my WoW guild, so I stopped playing. Seeing this thread reminded me that I need to finish my last 5 Conan stories and pick it up again (and probably drop playing Final Fantasy 14 for at least another couple months).

bread's done
Back