Aksys Games "Deal With It" Sale /w Free Shipping

Wargamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19714[/IMG-R]Aksys Games is having a "Deal with it" sale featuring several of their quirky games across multiple systems. The sale runs until December 20th and features free shipping and no tax (California residents will be charged tax).

Shipwreck's 2 cents: Perhaps the most eye-catching of the offerings you get to "deal with" is the loli-tastic side-scrolling shooter Deathsmiles. You can read my review if you want, but for $20, you can't go wrong with the Standard Edition. And if you want all the goodies the Limited Edition offers up, it's on sale for $30 as well.

Highlights:
:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

Aksys Games' Deal With It Sale

dwijake.gif

Aksys Games is having a"Deal with it" Sale. It will run until the 20th of December 2010, and features the following items:

:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:360: Guilty Gear 2: Overture $12.99
:ds: From the Abyss $14.99
:ds: Heroes Saga Laevatein Tactics $14.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles $9.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past $14.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:ds: World Cup of Pool $9.99
:wii: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core $9.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

They have Free Shipping as well.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/12/10/deal-with-it-or-us-actually

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lemarfanz']stupid question: anyone know if these sales are on the PSN for the psp games? (I have the pspgo)[/QUOTE]
Nope, these are for the UMD versions only. Sorry. :(

I really want one of them joysticks but 129 is still too much. i think my buy price point clear the shelves is 80.00 I have the MVC and streetfighter one. The 1500 limit is tempting but I am surprised it hasn't sold out at 1500 already. LOL

[quote name='Spokker']Are you seriously describing the game as "loli-tastic" as if it were a good thing?

As if lusting over fictional underage girls were a feature.[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it.

[quote name='doodofdoods']why try loli's when you can try the real thing?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't be gross, dooood.

OT, I'm in for Deathsmiles and RoAW. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for sharing, Wargamer!

Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past got a favorable review at IGN a while ago. I haven't finished the game yet myself but it's nice to know that the original JH game was redone and included with this release on the same cart. Lots of extra goodies included in the game overall. From what I've played, it's more novel than game, but that is not a bad thing if you know what you're getting into. I recommend it at this price for sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I almost bought both Jake Hunter games but instead went with just Memories of the Past. This should tide me over until I get 999. I'm having a hard time find that game in stores around here (although I think my wife might be picking it up for me for Christmas)

Mulling over Mimana Iyar, but I'm wondering if it comes with the outer box or if it's just the standard game + bonuses like Agarest. I just have this thing about oversize PSP boxes, they look so nice together on the shelf :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']Mulling over Mimana Iyar, but I'm wondering if it comes with the outer box or if it's just the standard game + bonuses like Agarest. I just have this thing about oversize PSP boxes, they look so nice together on the shelf :lol:[/QUOTE]
It does come in the oversize box. To give you an idea of what it looks like, here's mine (sorry for the bad quality, it's just a phone pic):
mimanabox.jpg

I recommend you get it, of course, but like I said before I'm a little biased. ;)

[quote name='bruceg']Are those River City ds games pretty good? They don't seem to have received many reviews...[/QUOTE]

I've been a big fan of the Nekketsu Kunio games for the Famicom and loved the "River City Ransom" and "Super Dodgeball Games". So, I was waiting for them to go down on Amazon but they shot back up after BF (well only one of them...the Hooligans). But at this price, I bought both.

[quote name='Altanis']Curious question, is Guilty Gear for the Wii good? It's $10, that's where my impulse buy range is, but I'm still unsure. Thanks![/QUOTE]

For GG Accent Core Plus? I would go for the PSP and also the PSP version comes with the CD soundtrack. As for the Wii, if you use the Classic controller, you'll be fine.

Just ordered LE Deathsmiles. I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but this one looks like it will be worth a dip into the genre.

Thanks, in for Mimana: Iyar Chronicles for the PSP. Just recently finished up Record of Agarest War on the 360 and while it got a bit grindy at the end trying to get the last couple of achievements overall it was fun and challenging. Will probably play through again someday to try some different party combinations.

I think I'll pick up Memories of the Past on payday (I'm sure it'll be back in stock). Thanks for the heads up that it includes a remastered version of the first one.

[quote name='rainking187']Probably would have got Guilty Gear for the PSP if it had been $10 like the Wii version.[/QUOTE]

The Wii one on sale isn't the most recent edition of the game. The one for PSP is. Some of the new features in Accent Core Plus include a new story mode, the return of two characters, mission mode, and further rebalancing and bug fixes. (More details on wiki.) And you get the great soundtrack to boot.

[quote name='zeke222']ordered Record of Agarest War.

These past three weeks have been killing my wallet.[/QUOTE]

Totally worth the price. I was really skeptical that the sexual aspect of the game would be too awkward, but it's actually very downplayed. The "wedding scenes" are a bit strange... I raised an eyebrow and looked out the window to make sure no one was passing by and noticed me playing it. But otherwise, the game has a great battle engine, if you're patient, a decent story, and the character customization is outstanding. You're basically unlimited in how you want to build your characters and your overall team. It's a blast.

[quote name='kndy']For GG Accent Core Plus? I would go for the PSP and also the PSP version comes with the CD soundtrack. As for the Wii, if you use the Classic controller, you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]
I don't have a PSP, so that's not an option.

[quote name='Nitemare25']Gah, looks like I missed out on Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past. It's sold out now. Oh well, nothing for me, but thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be back on Monday. I'm pretty sure we have the stock, we just need to reset the stock numbers in PayPal. If you still want a copy, I'd check back Monday afternoon or so.

[quote name='belisarius']It'll probably be back on Monday. I'm pretty sure we have the stock, we just need to reset the stock numbers in PayPal. If you still want a copy, I'd check back Monday afternoon or so.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will! Oh yeah, and don't get me wrong when I say there's "nothing for me" in the sale. It's mainly because I have most of the stuff I want already. btw, I was really impressed with the translation in 999.

[quote name='kndy']I've been a big fan of the Nekketsu Kunio games for the Famicom and loved the "River City Ransom" and "Super Dodgeball Games". So, I was waiting for them to go down on Amazon but they shot back up after BF (well only one of them...the Hooligans). But at this price, I bought both.
[/QUOTE]
HOLY CRAP~!

I can not believe they remade the Nekketsu Kunio series! I played the crap out of them and loved every game in the series. I almost lost hope for the series.

Anybody know if it has the basketball game in there? That game was amazing.

I reluctantly picked up Record of Agarest War (I've wanted the game for a while)... I would prefer to have the ps3 version given the extra content... but at the same time I much prefer owning an actual disk, and I can't count that the ps3 version will ever go on sale (or if it does that it will actually be less then $30). I figure I will play the 360 version and if I really like it then if the ps3 version goes on sale I will but it there as well.
I sure hope that there is no data transfer between the first and second game :/

[quote name='JAlbertL']Does mimana come in the over-sized psp box or is just the game with a cd?[/QUOTE]
It comes in the oversized box. I posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.

[quote name='belisarius']It comes in the oversized box. I posted a picture of it earlier in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just placed my order.

Thank the cheappy gods

I've been looking for Guilty Gear PSP for a good price recently, this is the cheapest I've seen it plus I get a soundtrack.

[quote name='Solid Snake Man']Damn... I only own a PS3 and was hoping Record of Agarest would go on sale for PSN... Someday...?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I think this would sell like hotcakes if they dropped the price. (Of course, I'd be even happier if it was offered to PS+ members as a freebie!)

Just quick update on the sale, everyone:
Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ (PSP version) are completely sold out. They are no more (at least insofar as our warehouse is concerned). For the time being, they can still be found on Amazon, although they are obviously not on sale there.

Also, this brings into sharp relief something I should have mentioned earlier: Everything in the sale is "while supplies last", and in some cases, supplies may not last very long.

[quote name='belisarius']Just quick update on the sale, everyone:
Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ (PSP version) are completely sold out. They are no more (at least insofar as our warehouse is concerned). For the time being, they can still be found on Amazon, although they are obviously not on sale there.

Also, this brings into sharp relief something I should have mentioned earlier: Everything in the sale is "while supplies last", and in some cases, supplies may not last very long.[/QUOTE]

Are there many Agarest copies left? Hoping Jake's fate isn't shared before I can get confirmation on shipping to Puerto Rico and order, ;)

[quote name='Wargamer']Are there many Agarest copies left? Hoping Jake's fate isn't shared before I can get confirmation on shipping to Puerto Rico and order, ;)[/QUOTE]
I don't think I'm at liberty to disclose exact numbers, but I wouldn't say it's in danger of selling out unless we have an enormous run on it. Also, Puerto Rico is GO. We ship there, for free. So order away!
[quote name='opportunity777']Does Record of A come in the big box?[/QUOTE]
No it does not. It is just the standard edition of the game, with the mousepad and pillowcase shipped along with it. It doesn't have the "Naughty" box or the soundtrack.

[quote name='Wargamer']Just placed my order. Hoping the sequel has goodies as well, I'll probably buy direct from you guys to support.[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear it! Hope you enjoy the game. :) We are planning on having a special edition for Zero, but we haven't decided on what, exactly, will be in it yet.

Also, this brings into sharp relief something I should have mentioned earlier: Everything in the sale is "while supplies last", and in some cases, supplies may not last very long.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, sometimes I hate being right. Oh well, like I said before, thanks anyway.

Just picked up Record of Agarest War. Been wanting it for a while but didn't have the money. Couldn't pass it up at this price! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Are you ever getting more or are they out of print?

Thanks for the Best GG on the PSP.

Now I can VORUKANIK VIPAAAHHH and ROKIT on the go(but not on the GO!).

Now to get to waiting for the Platinum BB patch.

bread's done
Back