Aksys Games "Deal With It" Sale /w Free Shipping

Wargamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19714[/IMG-R]Aksys Games is having a "Deal with it" sale featuring several of their quirky games across multiple systems. The sale runs until December 20th and features free shipping and no tax (California residents will be charged tax).

Shipwreck's 2 cents: Perhaps the most eye-catching of the offerings you get to "deal with" is the loli-tastic side-scrolling shooter Deathsmiles. You can read my review if you want, but for $20, you can't go wrong with the Standard Edition. And if you want all the goodies the Limited Edition offers up, it's on sale for $30 as well.

Highlights:
:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

Aksys Games' Deal With It Sale

dwijake.gif

Aksys Games is having a"Deal with it" Sale. It will run until the 20th of December 2010, and features the following items:

:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:360: Guilty Gear 2: Overture $12.99
:ds: From the Abyss $14.99
:ds: Heroes Saga Laevatein Tactics $14.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles $9.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past $14.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:ds: World Cup of Pool $9.99
:wii: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core $9.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

They have Free Shipping as well.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/12/10/deal-with-it-or-us-actually

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='belisarius'] We are planning on having a special edition for Zero, but we haven't decided on what, exactly, will be in it yet.[/QUOTE]

Dakimakura and/or character-themed fleshlight. Gotta keep the streak going.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Are you ever getting more or are they out of print?[/QUOTE]
I hesitate to say "never" about anything, but the chances of us ordering another print run are extremely slim.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Dakimakura and/or character-themed fleshlight. Gotta keep the streak going.[/QUOTE]
I'm pushing for an Ultimate edition that comes with an Alice Real Doll.

[quote name='belisarius']
I'm pushing for an Ultimate edition that comes with an Alice Real Doll.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what game you're talking about, but the extras have me interested! :roll: I'm just glad your company isn't doing those lame "extra character skin and bonus level!" extras. Those are ridiculously stupid. Am I the only one who hates that a lot of game companies are basically punishing us for not pre-ordering by chopping off bits of their games???:bomb:

I liked Deathsmiles so much, I went to Play-Asia and bought every region free shmup I could find. I hope that Deathsmiles II comes stateside. It looks fantastic, but I haven't seen any news. :cry:

[quote name='Magikarp830']I don't even know what game you're talking about, but the extras have me interested! :roll: I'm just glad your company isn't doing those lame "extra character skin and bonus level!" extras. Those are ridiculously stupid. Am I the only one who hates that a lot of game companies are basically punishing us for not pre-ordering by chopping off bits of their games???:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breathe on things like this :lol:

[quote name='Zurcamos']I liked Deathsmiles so much, I went to Play-Asia and bought every region free shmup I could find. I hope that Deathsmiles II comes stateside. It looks fantastic, but I haven't seen any news. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I need a shmup fan to educate me. Do we have a thread on CAG somewhere? I used to love these games and want to know what i missed over the last 10+ years.

[quote name='Japakneez']I need a shmup fan to educate me. Do we have a thread on CAG somewhere? I used to love these games and want to know what i missed over the last 10+ years.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this is up on CAG somewhere else, and I confess it has nothing to do with Aksys, but GOG is giving away Tyrian 2000 for free. It's an older game, but it was and is one of my favorite games, and favorite shmups, ever. Also, to try and keep this on topic, there's a CAG review of Deathsmiles here.

Oh man...I'm late to the party. I wanted Jake Hunter Memories of the Past so bad since it's a freakin rare game. Too bad it's sold out...what a letdown. At least I bought Mimana, Deathsmiles, and River City games. Great deal, Aksys. You should do something like New Year's After Sales and discount BBCS, 999, and Gladiator Begins. I support you guys and I'm looking forward to that Jikandia game and Record of Agarest War Zero.

Just wanted to say how impressed I am at the shipping speed of Aksys. I ordered Guilty Gear Wii on Sunday, and got it Wednesday in the mail.

That's some pretty damn fast shipping, especially with First Class Mail and the USPS.

very happy when my Deathsmiles LE and Jake Hunter: Memories came in the mail was super fast
havent opened it yet but looks nice on my shelf

Hmm.. I'd have bit at this, but I already had what I wanted out of this sale (namely jake hunter and deathsmiles).

Now if only Record of Agarest War went on sale on the PSN...

Just picked up 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for the DS w/ the included replica watch last night! :D Based on reviews I've been reading, I am very excited!

Just received Record of Agarest War. Got the mouse pad and pillowcase.

Probably going to order DeathSmiles tonight.

[quote name='zeke222']Just received Record of Agarest War. Got the mouse pad and pillowcase.

Probably going to order DeathSmiles tonight.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game, it's really great. If you have patience and you enjoy building your characters to suit your style, you'll love it.

[quote name='belisarius']I'm sure this is up on CAG somewhere else, and I confess it has nothing to do with Aksys, but GOG is giving away Tyrian 2000 for free. It's an older game, but it was and is one of my favorite games, and favorite shmups, ever. Also, to try and keep this on topic, there's a CAG review of Deathsmiles here.[/QUOTE]

If it's up somewhere else, I missed it. Great find, thanks! I played this so much back in the day. The demo came with our family's brand new Windows 95 'puter and it was the first (and one of the few) computer game I ever bought. This seriously made my day!

Just got Mimana today, damn fast shipping.

[quote name='default_shepard']If it's up somewhere else, I missed it. Great find, thanks! I played this so much back in the day. The demo came with our family's brand new Windows 95 'puter and it was the first (and one of the few) computer game I ever bought. This seriously made my day!

Just got Mimana today, damn fast shipping.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, glad to know somebody else loves and remembers that game. :) Hope you enjoy Mimana too.

I JUST got Record of Agarest of War in the mail. Pretty damn fast considering the destination (Puerto Rico). Very well packaged, give my props to your shipping guy.
Gonna read the manual soon and pop this in my 360.

Quick question for those of you that ordered Minima Iyar Chronicles. Was is shipped in a bubble mailer or sturdy shipping box? Thanks!

Sturdy box with a full complement of bubble wrap, and some "Tamper Evident Tape" to boot. Very well packaged, and shipping was fast too.

[quote name='default_shepard']Sturdy box with a full complement of bubble wrap, and some "Tamper Evident Tape" to boot. Very well packaged, and shipping was fast too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear!

Just got my Deathsmiles Limited Edition. I'm happy, but there's room for improvement.

Packaging: 7/10 - Not enough bubble wrap, box was a bit too large, game box was mildly damaged.
Shipping Speed: 9/10 - Very fast, especially on holidays.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Does Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for PSP on Amazon come with the soundtrack? How does the PSP version compare to the PS2 version?[/QUOTE]
I believe the version on Amazon does still come with the soundtrack. I can confirm on Monday when I get back to the office.

[quote name='Trygle12']Damn... I didn't get a CD soundtrack with GG AC+ for PSP.

Did you guys run out?
If so that's cool. :p[/QUOTE]
We did indeed run out. :(

[quote name='belisarius']I believe the version on Amazon does still come with the soundtrack. I can confirm on Monday when I get back to the office.

We did indeed run out. :([/QUOTE]

I placed an order for 999 & the watch. You guys haven't run out of the watches yet, have you? :cry:

[quote name='apathylad']I placed an order for 999 & the watch. You guys haven't run out of the watches yet, have you? :cry:[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure we still have some. Won't know for sure 'til Monday, though. :(

[quote name='apathylad']I placed an order for 999 & the watch. You guys haven't run out of the watches yet, have you? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Based on how the item is listed on the site and in checkout, they'd be breaking consumer protection laws in my state and probably every other one if they didn't have watches.

[quote name='belisarius']I believe the version on Amazon does still come with the soundtrack. I can confirm on Monday when I get back to the office.[/QUOTE]

Amazon isn't actually selling the PSP version anymore, just third parties.

[quote name='rainking187']Amazon isn't actually selling the PSP version anymore, just third parties.[/QUOTE]

Some of the 3rd parties are fulfilled by Amazon though if that makes a difference.

Just a heads-up for people who missed out on Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past. It is currently a more reasonable price than usual on Amazon at $20 from "game-ware" and fulfilled through Amazon. Since the publisher's rep said that the chances of them ordering another print of the game are "extremely slim", and judging by how much the other sellers are selling it for, I have a feeling this may be the best price you'll be able to get it for if you want it new.

http://www.amazon.com/Jake-Hunter-Detective-Story-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001URRGZO/

First of all: Sadly, this sale is now at an end. :( I will still be happy to answer your questions, but you can no longer Deal With It.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Does Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for PSP on Amazon come with the soundtrack? How does the PSP version compare to the PS2 version?[/QUOTE]
I was wrong earlier—only the version that we were selling on our site includes the soundtrack. Since we are now all out, the only way you would be likely to find one is from a second-hand seller.

We have not run out of watches. If you order the game off our web site, you will get one.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hey belisarius, any word on whether the PSN version of Record of Agarest War will go on sale in the near future?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

[quote name='Wargamer']Hey ben, I sent ya an email yesterday about something but haven't got a reply yet.[/QUOTE]
That's because it was the weekend, and I don't like to work on the weekend. ;) You should have a response now, though.

Did this sale literally just end?

I bought Deathsmiles for $19.99 like 45 minutes ago. I was debating it for a while because I'm not really familiar with the genre, but I ended up going for it. Looks like I got it just in time.

I managed to jump in on this last night and ordered Deathsmiles, Record of Agarest, and Guilty Gear for X360. Looking forward to playing them -- Thanks for the sale Belisarius!

[quote name='wrldindstries302']Did this sale literally just end?

I bought Deathsmiles for $19.99 like 45 minutes ago. I was debating it for a while because I'm not really familiar with the genre, but I ended up going for it. Looks like I got it just in time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you got in right under the wire. I think we must have shut it down about 15 minutes after you ordered.

[quote name='Player2']I managed to jump in on this last night and ordered Deathsmiles, Record of Agarest, and Guilty Gear for X360. Looking forward to playing them -- Thanks for the sale Belisarius![/QUOTE]
You're welcome! Hope you enjoy your games!

bread's done
Back