Alan Wake (360) $19.99 Free Ship from Buy.com (Currently OOS)

I figured it would hit that price around BF and was going to hold off until then, but since it is there now, I jump in it.

Thanks!

That was my price point as well and I ordered it. Too cheap to upgrade the shipping though and the free ship will take 14 days! I'll bet we see this somewhere else for this price by that time :)

Oh well.

Nice find. I picked one up since I was just about to buy it at best buy for $30. The free shipping is even better

Can't recommend this game enough and at this price point, it is a steal for anyone that hasn't played it yet. I picked it up for $20 used, the game is fantastic.

hmmm, buy now with long shipping time or wait until a similar deal on Amazon (BF) and just go that route?

Everyone should just say "Forget about the backlog. I'm playing this shit." Seriously, the game is that good. I'm only up to Chapter 4 and I'm loving it. It's a great game. And everyone should support the makers so buy it new, please. I want Alan Wake 2! Make sure you the DLC while you're at it as well :p.

Sadly, games like these are rarely made anymore =/. It's a perfect blend of Gameplay, story and great graphics. For those on the fence because they don't like horror games, give it a try. I hate horror games and I couldn't play Bioshock because it creeped me out, but this game is a bit different. It's not really that creepy and things don't jump out and scare you. It's kind of obvious when enemies are about to destroy you, so there are really no surprises.

Does anyone know if "The Signal" DLC is still free with the purchase of new copies of Alan Wake? I already ordered my copy ($20 seems like a good price even if the DLC isn't included), but I'm just curious.

I bought a new copy of the standard edition and it does come with "The Signal" DLC. So buy away. Great game too, glad I did not leave it in the backlog for long. Now to my other 50 games that I haven't played.

Between this, the bundle, and the poor sales, I wouldn't be surprised if buy.com is just a few days ahead of a universal price drop for the holidays. Microsoft and Remedy know this is a good game. It was a big critical hit and those who have played it love it. They just need to get it in customers' hands so they can turn it into a franchise and sell millions of copies of Alan Wake 2 & 3.

[quote name='typikal82']I think only the LE comes with a PDLC code.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing and then found an official statement:
"Included with every new purchase of the standard or limited collector's editions of Alan Wake, fans will score a token code card to download the title's first game add-on at no cost only on Xbox Live when it becomes available later this year," Microsoft said.
Granted that may no longer be the case like Runch was wondering. I would hope it's still there.

New Vegas will take up another 40-50 hrs of my life, but for $20 this will be on top of my backlog.

I was able to get this game from Family Video (USED) for $20 dollars (Free Shipping). @louiedog, most likely you are correct. Alan Wake problably did not have the best sales. However, it is a good game and probably people might have been put off with the premise of the game.

thanks, I've been holding off from buying it at gamestop for awhile. This is a steal same went for Mass Effect 2 when it was $19 @ K-Mart (back in June). I was debating weather to pick the 2 day shipping or 3 Day but Black Ops is coming out REAL soon so I think that will occupy me until Alan Wake until comes in..

Damn ... just missed it!
Probably going with Black Ops on Tuesday ... hopefully AW gets another markdown somewhere soon after.

Anyone know if any stores such as Best Buy or Target or Walmart will price match this deal? Meaning if I show up in the store with the ad printed out that says the game is 20$ on Buy.com, will they give me the same deal?

I don't really want to wait until buy.com has it in stock and I don't feel like buying online either so I'm just wondering.

[quote name='IronZombie']Anyone know if any stores such as Best Buy or Target or Walmart will price match this deal? Meaning if I show up in the store with the ad printed out that says the game is 20$ on Buy.com, will they give me the same deal?[/QUOTE]

I believe Best Buy's policy is they'll only price match stores in the local area, not internet sites.

[quote name='IronZombie']Anyone know if any stores such as Best Buy or Target or Walmart will price match this deal? Meaning if I show up in the store with the ad printed out that says the game is 20$ on Buy.com, will they give me the same deal?

I don't really want to wait until buy.com has it in stock and I don't feel like buying online either so I'm just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact that Wal-Mart won't.

With all the good I've heard about this game, that was exactly the attitude I took. Forget my backlog, for $20 I'm in. Luckily I got one right before it went OOS.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Everyone should just say "Forget about the backlog. I'm playing this shit." Seriously, the game is that good. I'm only up to Chapter 4 and I'm loving it. It's a great game. And everyone should support the makers so buy it new, please. I want Alan Wake 2! Make sure you the DLC while you're at it as well :p.

Sadly, games like these are rarely made anymore =/. It's a perfect blend of Gameplay, story and great graphics. For those on the fence because they don't like horror games, give it a try. I hate horror games and I couldn't play Bioshock because it creeped me out, but this game is a bit different. It's not really that creepy and things don't jump out and scare you. It's kind of obvious when enemies are about to destroy you, so there are really no surprises.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back