Alan Wake (360) $49.99 + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

Cyrian

CAGiversary!
Looks like they matched Walmart. It's one of those things where you have to add it to the cart to see the price. And it still has the $10 gaming credit.
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']I finished episode 4 today. REALLY enjoying the game so far. I know there is likely no replay value, but at least there is some free DLC coming (if you buy new).

If this game had Resident Evil in the title, it would have about a 10 point boost on Metacritic.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I picked this up last night right before they took down the Pre-Order bonuses. I wasn't sure I made the right decision to pay $50 for a shorter single player game, but now i'm glad I did.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']On the phone with them now about this. The game was sent like 12-16 hours ago and I don't even have it in my hands, so they better refund me the $10 and still give me the $10 promotion certificate as well. Considering this was ordered with ECA 30% off at $42, take away the addition $20 and that makes this game $22, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I called asking about the 10 dollar difference and they informed me that they no longer have the price match policy even though my game just shipped. My only option was to refuse shipment of the original order and order it again at 49.99. The first negative amazon experience for me.

[quote name='Shimmerz']I called asking about the 10 dollar difference and they informed me that they no longer have the price match policy even though my game just shipped. My only option was to refuse shipment of the original order and order it again at 49.99. The first negative amazon experience for me.[/QUOTE]

Call again and ask for a different rep. Sometimes, on rare occasions, you will get a bad rep. If calling again yields no results, try either the chat or e-mail. I've found e-mail to work the best, but I haven't tried their new chat feature yet, so that might work just as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got this e-mail myself:

"Hello from Amazon.com.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game sold by Amazon.com, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

However, if your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between shipment and release date.

I confirm that you should receive refund within 24 hours after the order ships.

I request you to wait until the end of the day on May 18, 2010 for your refund confirmation. If you don't receive refund confirmation by May 18, 2010, please let us know so that we will issue refund of $10.00.

Best regards,

Dayanand M.
Amazon.com"

Bah can't believe I went with GS on this although I got it for about ~$47 after tax and $10 credit. Just pre-ordered about everything at amazon with a $20 credit to make up for it. :p

RDR shipped, now waiting on my $20 credit so I can get this and use the last $30 of graduation money to blow on this game :p

[quote name='mr_bungle']RDR shipped, now waiting on my $20 credit so I can get this and use the last $30 of graduation money to blow on this game :p[/QUOTE]

damn still waiting on mine to ship, I hope they send the code today

[quote name='Saix_XIII']On the phone with them now about this. The game was sent like 12-16 hours ago and I don't even have it in my hands, so they better refund me the $10 and still give me the $10 promotion certificate as well. Considering this was ordered with ECA 30% off at $42, take away the addition $20 and that makes this game $22, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat and just shot out an email. I paid $41.99 as I pre-ordered this last year with ECA discountss. Hopefully it is not a problem getting refunded $10 (although technically they should only refund me $7) as the base price in my order still says $59.99. I'm worried I'll get a clueless rep who suggests that I already got it for less than $49.99 so the pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply.

[quote name='Moravagine']I'm in the same boat and just shot out an email. I paid $41.99 as I pre-ordered this last year with ECA discountss. Hopefully it is not a problem getting refunded $10 (although technically they should only refund me $7) as the base price in my order still says $59.99. I'm worried I'll get a clueless rep who suggests that I already got it for less than $49.99 so the pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply.[/QUOTE]
We all feel your pain. I hope you get everything you are entitled to...GOOD LUCK! If that stupid ass rep doesn't give you what is rightfully yours, you should make sure he/she is fired. While you're at it, you should demand that you get the game free for all the trouble they've put you through. I'd think about starting a class action lawsuit if I were you. Dumb ass Amazon!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poker360']nice deal, i got the collectors edition though.

and made myself a new signature and avatar.. :D[/QUOTE]

I really wish they would drop the CE price $10 or at least offer the $10 credit

[quote name='Moravagine']I'm in the same boat and just shot out an email. I paid $41.99 as I pre-ordered this last year with ECA discountss. Hopefully it is not a problem getting refunded $10 (although technically they should only refund me $7) as the base price in my order still says $59.99. I'm worried I'll get a clueless rep who suggests that I already got it for less than $49.99 so the pre-order price guarantee doesn't apply.[/QUOTE]
This is a response from Amazon Customer Service that I got back in February:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your concern.

I understand you've $10 promotional funds and wants to pre-order a game.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. If the price changes, you'll see the update (or refund, if your shipment is already being prepared) within 24 hours.

Your $10 promotional funds will be applied normally. If the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date is $x, your payment method will be charged $(x-10) only.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

I hope this information helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I would take that to mean all promotions are applied to only the base price of the game. In this case, it would be $49.99. The ECA discounts are applied as credits so I would think you'd get the full $10 refund because that price decrease is off the base price, and unrelated to the ECA credit or any other credit. I do not know if they would go back and recalculate the -10% off the ECA discount since it is applied simply as a lump sum value.

Along the same line, if you preordered at $59.99 like I did with the $10 credit, you should get a $10 refund. I shot a quick email to Amazon customer service with all the information needed including quotes of their Pre-Order Guarantee and got a reply an hour later saying that have already put in the request for my $10 refund. Don't just contact them asking for a price match, you kind of have to hand feed them everything to make sure they understand why you are owed the refund.

[quote name='dino88']We all feel your pain. I hope you get everything you are entitled to...GOOD LUCK! If that stupid ass rep doesn't give you what is rightfully yours, you should make sure he/she is fired. While you're at it, you should demand that you get the game free for all the trouble they've put you through. I'd think about starting a class action lawsuit if I were you. Dumb ass Amazon![/QUOTE]

Worry not, I'll be close to getting it for free as a customer service rep just issued me a $10 refund. After their automated system likely inadvertently issues another, I should be looking at about $22 with a $10 credit. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONCERN1!11!

If my game backlog wasn't so big, I might bite on this deal. Instead I'll just wait for the game to hit Platinum Hits.

Glad to see they finally matched the price...wonder how long this will last? Waiting on some credit to go into my account.

Got it at Best Buy for 54.99 because I had a $5 coupon. I should have waited! (Oh well, at least I got it on release day...)

Emailed them about the 10 dollar difference and basically was told again that it already shipped and they wont adjust it. Guess its Kmarts lucky day since I might give them another try after Amazon's lack of consistency in customer service.

You know I've never contacted Amazon on a price drop of any kind and yet I'm always greeted with an e-mail notifying of a price drop and the amount refunded to my card. I'd wait a few days before piling on tons of e-mails to their customer service department.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Emailed them about the 10 dollar difference and basically was told again that it already shipped and they wont adjust it. Guess its Kmarts lucky day since I might give them another try after Amazon's lack of consistency in customer service.[/QUOTE]

Did you try quoting Amazon's policy from their own web page?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

Since there is a clause specifically for this exact situation, they shouldn't deny you if you bring this to their attention. Just in case there was any question, I quoted that section in the email I sent and was refunded $10 within an hour.

It's important to spoon feed Amazon's CS. Don't ask them for a refund. Instead, ask them when you should expect the refund and then refer them to the pre-order guarantee.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The credit just goes into your account, but you won't see it till you go to the payment option page. If you don't see it there by I would say Thursday (again if your game shipped on Monday) then give amazon a call.[/QUOTE]

The RDR credit is actually regular Amazon gift credit that can be used for anything at any time. This means you should be able to see it in your gift card balance link under payment options of your account page.

Most games get game credit that can only be used on another game item within a certain time. I was surprised they offered the $20 as a regular gift card credit on this game.

I'm really tempted on this Alan Wake deal. I've got a backlog and had told myself I could probably pick this up for $35 within a couple of months, and that I was going to play RDR and maybe even some stuff from my pile like Dead Space. Then Alan Wake comes along all new and shiny and with a deal to boot :wall:

After browsing this thread and heavily debating, I decided to wait on making this purchase-I just have too much backlog. I then popped over to Microsoft's Retail Zone (for retail employees who sell microsoft stuff) and they had just added Alan Wake to their prize list! A few points and $20 later and the game is on its way. From the good reviews I've read here I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

If the Red Dead credits ever get to us, $49.99 - $20, so $29.99 would be a pretty sweet deal for this game. It'll be even sweeter when Alan Wake drops to $40 in a couple weeks though. Every new game seems to have a $40 sale in it's first month now...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']...The credit just goes into your account...[/QUOTE]

I haven't taken advatage of any of these orders before... does this mean that if you had multiple credits coming from multiple games, you could use them all on one order (unlike the non-stackable GS credits)?

[quote name='bitzer']I haven't taken advatage of any of these orders before... does this mean that if you had multiple credits coming from multiple games, you could use them all on one order (unlike the non-stackable GS credits)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use more than one on a single order.

[quote name='bitzer']I haven't taken advatage of any of these orders before... does this mean that if you had multiple credits coming from multiple games, you could use them all on one order (unlike the non-stackable GS credits)?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Has always been this way in the past but who knows if they change it.

I plan on using a couple codes on SMG2.

Might jump on this if I get my Red Dead $20 credit in time for this deal. Wanted this game anyway.

well, CE might be rare (edit: errr maybe not if Amazon still has copies readily available). I went to 2 Best Buys during lunch. Neither had the CE on the floor, rather 2 copies behind the CS desk. Of course for pre-orders when I inquired at one location. If they said I could have bought one, probably would have got a second copy..

[quote name='token2k6']well, CE might be rare (edit: errr maybe not if Amazon still has copies readily available). I went to 2 Best Buys during lunch. Neither had the CE on the floor, rather 2 copies behind the CS desk. Of course for pre-orders when I inquired at one location. If they said I could have bought one, probably would have got a second copy..[/QUOTE]

Amazon still has 974 copies available!

Does anyone know if the credit is restricted to only hardware, or can it be used to buy say a 360 controller or something?

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon still has 974 copies available![/QUOTE]

haha, I got you man, that's why I had to re-edit. So I should have said, rare at Best Buy possibly for those thinking about picking it up there..go soon!

[quote name='exzokill']Does anyone know if the credit is restricted to only hardware, or can it be used to buy say a 360 controller or something?[/QUOTE]
Well I was able to use credit when I bought my Black Wii, so I'm assuming it works on all hardware.

[quote name='skubish']I wish my RDR credit would get here fast. I would pop this deal in a second.[/QUOTE]

Srsly, I'm constantly checking my e-mail/Amazon account.

[quote name='token2k6']haha, I got you man, that's why I had to re-edit. So I should have said, rare at Best Buy possibly for those thinking about picking it up there..go soon![/QUOTE]

I was hoping it'd be rare so my LE is worth something.

Anyone get theirs yet?

I was going to try and get this through Goozex, but it would probably take me a year. I saw this thread and had to jump on the deal. Great price and I get the $10 game credit to put towards Lego Harry Potter.

Are they suppose to email the Avatar Shirt + Theme codes? My copy arrived with no codes, only the one inside the case for future DLC.

[quote name='mitnosi']Are they suppose to email the Avatar Shirt + Theme codes? My copy arrived with no codes, only the one inside the case for future DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I already received mine.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Ughh still waiting on my RDR credit. I will be bummed if this goes back up to 59.99 before I can order it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Well if it does go up again. I'll just wait for it to drop again.

bread's done
Back