Alan Wake $49.99 @ Wal-Mart w/bonus

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Finally somebody's put a good deal on this game that is not locked into some inane restrictions. I'll wait a bit to see if Amazon will match.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they didn't tell you? The $10 GC is only redeemable while standing on your head...#-o

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Finally somebody's put a good deal on this game that is not locked into some inane restrictions. I'll wait a bit to see if Amazon will match.[/QUOTE]

The KMart deal doesn't have any insane restrictions. You just get a $20 credit that has to be used on something 360 related (it is a MS exclusive after all) within the next month. Use it for another game, a controller, or free 1600 points card, whatever.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The KMart deal doesn't have any insane restrictions. You just get a $20 credit that has to be used on something 360 related (it is a MS exclusive after all) within the next month. Use it for another game, a controller, or free 1600 points card, whatever.[/QUOTE]

It has TO BE AN MS product not just 360 but MS only. PASS. I might go for Walmart ans you can use there gift card for anything, have to pay tax at both places. But at Walmart I can buy anything not just an MS related Video game product. I have 3 prescriptions there too.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Going to cancel my Amazon order if Amazon doesn't match...[/QUOTE]
Tell them that, maybe they will :p

I have $45 credit at Gamestop but this is a good deal and I already ordered Red Dead Redemption from Wal-Mart and have a $20 gift card from that, but like most people on here I am poor and have a family where gaming comes last as it should.

- Jason

[quote name='tightclaws']It has TO BE AN MS product not just 360 but MS only. PASS. I might go for Walmart ans you can use there gift card for anything, have to pay tax at both places. But at Walmart I can buy anything not just an MS related Video game product. I have 3 prescriptions there too.[/QUOTE]

Naw its anything 360 related bro, SHC even said so.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very good question; it is not restricted to first party. It is anything branded Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']The KMart deal doesn't have any insane restrictions. You just get a $20 credit that has to be used on something 360 related (it is a MS exclusive after all) within the next month. Use it for another game, a controller, or free 1600 points card, whatever.[/QUOTE]

Inane. Not insane.

Definition: 2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly

$20 credit that has to be used on only Xbox 360 games, to me, is inane, silly. I prefer not to buy games on 360 that are on both platforms because 360's tend to fail and the diamond coating on Blu-ray games make them much more resistant to damage than 360 games. When one platform has games and a console that are more resistant to damage and wear than another platform and the prices are around the same, I tend to prefer the console with the superior resistance.

With Crackdown 2 being the only game on 360 that will interest me after Alan Wake, I see no use for a $20 MS-only credit that expires at the end of June.

Hence, inane. :)

EDIT:

Now that Walmart has dropped the price of the game by $10 up front and are offering a GC for the rest, seems like the deal beats Kmart, unless you intend to buy the other deals at Kmart, too. Split/Second for $45 with the 10 gaming cr was better at amazon (no tax, too), the $20 amazon gc is better for RDR, so...

The Kmart deal might still be decent for Prince of Persia, I guess?

so what is the deal? everything coming out this month is getting knocked down in price before it even comes out. are these games just not that good or is may just too cluttered with somewhat "big" releases?

[quote name='ritchardf']so what is the deal? everything coming out this month is getting knocked down in price before it even comes out. are these games just not that good or is may just too cluttered with somewhat "big" releases?[/QUOTE]
It's a crap economy.

[quote name='ritchardf']so what is the deal? everything coming out this month is getting knocked down in price before it even comes out. are these games just not that good or is may just too cluttered with somewhat "big" releases?[/QUOTE]

Bad economy like mentioned and a lot of places are reporting the steepest drop in video game sales in recent history so that could be playing a role as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37140577/ns/technology_and_science-games/

- Jason

[quote name='Stele']It's a crap economy.[/QUOTE]
Too true. This time last year, the best you could have gotten was a $5 gift card or something. Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago, GameStop actually gave out worthwhile stuff (like soundtrack cds or posters) with pre-orders rather than all these exclusive in-game maps or items.

I just emailed Amazon asking if there was any chance on price matching walmart, I suspect it will be the usual "we don't price match" reply, but it can't hurt asking.

[quote name='earvcunanan']"Amazon: we don't price match"... ? Crazy.[/QUOTE]
Says that in their policy. But the usually do.

"Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry."

I wonder if this'll be in-store as well or not. I'm tempted to get the game, but I'd kinda like to pick it up in-store morning of release.

I emailed Amazon and asked them to match the price or I will cancel...

I will update this when I get a response.

[quote name='mitnosi']Says that in their policy. But the usually do.

"Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they match prices but they don't price-match. I'll probably bite on this if Amazon matches it but that's not a good enough deal to make me give any money to Walmart.

Amazon doesn't "price match," but if enough people email them they might decide to spontaneously lower the price so it coincidentally is the same as the Wal Mart deal. ;) Although since it comes out so soon, I kind of doubt they will lower the price.

I was going to wait but if Amazon matches this deal I will place an order. Not at all interested in a Wal-Mart GC. If they don't match I'll wait till it drops.

April was the fourth worst in year to year sales decline in history according to this article.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/video-game-sales-make-surprise-plunge-in-april/1398993

The video game industry is starting to feel the economic impact we are in.

*EDIT* I see someone already posted about this. :)

the fact that walmart has tax makes this only slightly better than amazon. You're probably saving 5 or 6 bucks instead of 10 bucks. I know I know, a few bucks is a few bucks but look at it this way -

the $10 walmart GC can only be used on walmart.com, and you'll probably end up getting another game, which is another 5 or 6 bucks in tax. In the end, when you've purchased two games, it's a wash. Amazon being tax-free is probably the greatest shopping advantage, EVER. Hopefully it continues this way.

[quote name='sdcranford']I was going to wait but if Amazon matches this deal I will place an order. Not at all interested in a Wal-Mart GC. If they don't match I'll wait till it drops.[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='gsr']the fact that walmart has tax makes this only slightly better than amazon. You're probably saving 5 or 6 bucks instead of 10 bucks. I know I know, a few bucks is a few bucks but look at it this way -

the $10 walmart GC can only be used on walmart.com, and you'll probably end up getting another game, which is another 5 or 6 bucks in tax. In the end, when you've purchased two games, it's a wash. Amazon being tax-free is probably the greatest shopping advantage, EVER. Hopefully it continues this way.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying and I agree completely. I just wish Amazon gave you the credit when you purchase like Wal-Mart does, and not when the game ships. I have used a lot of the e-cards I've obtained from pre-orders the past few days to put down money on games I want right now. If Amazon handled their $10/$20 gaming credits like Wal-Mart does, I'd stay with Amazon.

This is a better deal than most, and I understand these forums a little more now than I did, I usually just used the website. But, I would think that most people would be glad to see a deal, but I am naive to remember that people just look at something and pick it apart until they make something good look bad.

- Jason

[quote name='gsr']the fact that walmart has tax makes this only slightly better than amazon. You're probably saving 5 or 6 bucks instead of 10 bucks. I know I know, a few bucks is a few bucks but look at it this way -

the $10 walmart GC can only be used on walmart.com, and you'll probably end up getting another game, which is another 5 or 6 bucks in tax. In the end, when you've purchased two games, it's a wash. Amazon being tax-free is probably the greatest shopping advantage, EVER. Hopefully it continues this way.[/QUOTE]

Then, of course, there are those of us who live in states where Amazon charges sales tax. Not that I'm jealous or anything........

[quote name='Jabrim']This is a better deal than most, and I understand these forums a little more now than I did, I usually just used the website. But, I would think that most people would be glad to see a deal, but I am naive to remember that people just look at something and pick it apart until they make something good look bad.

- Jason[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Some people can take any great deal and turn it into garbage. I guess you just have to look at games and figure out what you're willing to spend. If the deal is in YOUR range, do it. If not, just wait it out.

I usually just look at the deal, not so much what people have to say about it.

[quote name='Chris60319']Then, of course, there are those of us who live in states where Amazon charges sales tax. Not that I'm jealous or anything........[/QUOTE]
I hear you man. Washington state here. It's so weird knowing that so many people don't pay any tax at Amazon. Kind of pisses me off actually. But not too much. Amazon is still frequently the best deal around.

As expected the reply I got back was the basic "we don't price match" reply. With this shipping out tomorrow I don't see Amazon matching it by then, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Stele']It's a crap economy.[/QUOTE]

This. Sales were down for April, so it seems retailers are adjusting accordingly (trying to tempt consumers more).

Two questions: Is this online only? And if so, does anyone have experience with ordering from Walmart.com? (Is it guaranteed to arrive on Tuesday?).

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']if they lowered the Collectors to $69.99 and offer the $10 I would buy[/QUOTE]

Guess you don't have an Ultimate Electronics near by?

bread's done
Back