Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooohoo, In for one, I was about to buy the Regular edition for $29.99 the other day, this way I get the SE for $10 more. Plus depending on how the book looks I"m using it as a stash spot blended in with my other books.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='trunks982']damn. i bought this for full price $80 and i thought this gonna be very limited. great game though.[/QUOTE]
me to, but I don't regret it. Great game and the DLC that it comes with is good too, helps flesh out the ending a little.

Well, I bit. I almost got it when it was ...$35? at Target, but I waited to save my giftcard. A shot at the LE for just a little more is worth it for that book that comes with it. I love shit like that.

I hope this game is as good as it looks!

Soooo temped uhhh, I rented this from gamefly and beat it (loved it) and idk. I'm stripped for cash but $40 is just so tempting. What to do what to do.

Ok guys def in for this! Do yall think this will sell out quick? Got some trade in stuff to send in, but dont know if I should wait for trade in credit or just buy it outright.
Dont want this to be like when I rushed to best buy to get the Bioshock CE and then the price just kept dropping with another BB 20 off coupon....

Yeah thanks OP. I've been wanting to try this game for a little while now. I probably won't get to it till October but what better month than that to play a spooky game.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Ok guys def in for this! Do yall think this will sell out quick? Got some trade in stuff to send in, but dont know if I should wait for trade in credit or just buy it outright.
Dont want this to be like when I rushed to best buy to get the Bioshock CE and then the price just kept dropping with another BB 20 off coupon....[/QUOTE]
imo I think it will sellout and/or be that price for a limited time.

[quote name='Armads']I'm sorry, this is the internet. Please stop trying to sound intelligent.

It was a poke at a game that was in many areas a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

That sentiment pisses me off. Going on the internet doesn't suddenly make being a dumbass cool, if you have actual intelligence you're going to use it everywhere you go. So the people that correct grammar and spelling do so because it is frustrating to them to see themselves surrounded by dumbasses.

/soapbox

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Do yall think this will sell out quick[/QUOTE]

I believe it will probably sellout before you get your Amazon credit. yuugotserved posted the deal a couple of hours after the op did at slickdeals and will probably not last many days at this price.

Just a fair warning for those who like to unlock avatar items, you need the bonus disc only available from the collectors edition to unlock the jacket/scarf item: :roll:

Alan Wake's original jacket and scarf.
You must have the Collector's Edition of Alan Wake. Insert the Bonus Disc and install the Developer's Commentary. After its done installing, insert the game disc and turn on the commentary from the options menu to unlock the award.

thanks for the heads up, I rented this during the summer and didn't have a chance to beat it but loved it, been waiting for a deal on a new copy

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I already own one & at this price I feel like buying another one.
Am I insane?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all! It's a great game and an even better special edition.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Rather have the game only for for $29 than extra junk.[/QUOTE]

That'll drop in price too eventually. Don't need to be so sour about it.

[quote name='mr dude65']what should i do with my regular edition????? It's still sealed.[/quote]
[quote name='chris in cali']rather have the game only for for $29 than extra junk.[/quote]
:cool:

Torn on this one. Looking forward to getting this, but not really a CE kind of guy. Would rather grab it at $30 or $20 around xmas.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does this LE comes with steelbook case? It says unique artwork, but I'm not sure what it really mean...[/QUOTE]

No it's a standard XBox case but it's all black instead of green. If you got the Forza 3 CE from Gamestop, it's the same game case. Middle item is the book with all the background stuff. The other case are the bonus disks. One is the soundtrack and the other has the documentary vids and the commentary you can install into the game.

FYI once you install the commentary into the game, you get the 2 exclusive avatar awards for this game, it's the male/female version of Alan Wake's original outift from the 2005 trailer. As chatgirl said, install the commentary from the bonus disk then load the game disk and go into the options and turn it on. You don't have to leave it on if you don't want to, just turning it on once gives you the items.

Okay, I'm not sure if I can post this here, so if I can't can a mod please inform me ASAP??? Anyways, would anyone like my regular edition that's sealed for $33 shipped? Also will look at offers. Please PM me or post in my trade thread. Thanks!!

EDIT: I'm obviously trying to get rid of this so I can get the LE, and I saw people say they'd rather have the regular for around $30, so that's why I posted this. Like I said, though, I will take it down if a mod deems it necessary.

[quote name='ZForce915']That sentiment pisses me off. Going on the internet doesn't suddenly make being a dumbass cool, if you have actual intelligence you're going to use it everywhere you go. So the people that correct grammar and spelling do so because it is frustrating to them to see themselves surrounded by dumbasses.

/soapbox[/QUOTE]

Hold on, let me get you a Kleenex.

This is an incredible deal for this LE. I bought it for 60 bucks and still don't regret it for a second. This is an amazing game, and the Limited Edition is one of the highest quality LE's i've ever seen and is not to be missed. I would recommend buying this version for a mere $10 more than the regular in a heartbeat. Also, among all the great goodies, don't forget this version includes a commentary track with video (that appears in the bottom corner of your screen) that offers very cool insight into the making of the game at certain scenes during gameplay which makes a second playthrough very fresh and fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really tempted. The polarizing reviews give me pause though. Reviewers either loved it or thought it was average.

[quote name='jsvalmont']This is an incredible deal for this LE. I bought it for 60 bucks and still don't regret it for a second. This is an amazing game, and the Limited Edition is one of the highest quality LE's i've ever seen and is not to be missed. I would recommend buying this version for a mere $10 more than the regular in a heartbeat. Also, among all the great goodies, don't forget this version includes a commentary track with video (that appears in the bottom corner of your screen) that offers very cool insight into the making of the game and certain scenes which makes a second playthrough very fresh and fun![/QUOTE]

I don't own this LE, yet, but from what I have heard from most people, this is definitely the truth. This does not appear to your usual LE, with some plastic trinket and a 10-minute making-of video.

bread's done
Back