Alice: Madness Returns $24.99/$29.99 + Free Shipping at Origin

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=7005]23092[/IMG-R]Use coupon code afdamr5ty7 to get 50% off and free shipping on all versions of Alice: Madness Returns from Origin (formerly the EA Store).

This is a CAG exclusive offer and ends August 14th at 11:59PM or after 400 redemptions. You can find Shipwreck's review right here.

50% off Alice: Madness Returns

[quote name='deantjeep']Thanks OP! I also had a 25% off birthday code I just got, so with that I picked up Alice and Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PS3 for a total of $45 free shipping and no tax.[/QUOTE]

When do the birthday codes actually get sent? Is it on your actual birthday or do they just send it at the beginning of the month like a lot of places do? My birthday is at the end of the month, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing out, haha.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']When do the birthday codes actually get sent? Is it on your actual birthday or do they just send it at the beginning of the month like a lot of places do? My birthday is at the end of the month, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing out, haha.[/QUOTE]

I received my birthday code on my birthdate. It is good for 25%, and it applies to your TOTAL order, not just a single item.

i got this at launch for $45 but didnt start playing it until this morning. lol wish i had waited for this deal.... 5hrs in and still on the 1st chapter, really liking it so far.

[quote name='BamNanas']Made my origin account yesterday made my birthday today too nothing yet =/[/QUOTE]
must be active for a year.

That's pretty lame. I understand why they did it, but I also have another account that's been active for three years and I've never received a birthday email from them. Lame.

Figures that by the time I have the money and find the game I've been waiting to hit $30, my money's being held for some preorders to authorize. They haven't cleared from the bank yet so I can use that money again. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be $30 again soon enough.

[quote name='exceed19']wow the 360 version looks way better. I am suprised, usually the ps3 stomps the xbox. I own both consoles.[/QUOTE]
So where are you getting this information from?

I decided to jump on this if and only if I can get my birthday code to stack with the deal. My birthday code has said invalid, even when I use it without this code. Talking to EA rep right now. Will update soon.

*Edit* They couldn't get my 25% code to work and wouldn't give me a new one (even though it wasn't even expired or used yet). They gave me a 20% off code instead which brought the game down to $19.99 so I grabbed it anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fishphoenix']I decided to jump on this if and only if I can get my birthday code to stack with the deal. My birthday code has said invalid, even when I use it without this code. Talking to EA rep right now. Will update soon.[/QUOTE]
The % coupon code do expire. I just found out about that last week.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So where are you getting this information from?[/QUOTE]

go back to page 2 and look at my post which is #40

Anyone else have trouble getting Free Shipping for this deal?

Trying to order in California, but getting a 6.99 shipping charge.
Discount of Xbox version to 29.99 showing correctly, but shipping still adds that price.

[quote name='exceed19']wow the 360 version looks way better. I am suprised, usually the ps3 stomps the xbox. I own both consoles.[/QUOTE]

Generally, most multi-platform games look better and perform better on the 360. Recently, though, most games are about equal. I'd say Alice: Madness returns looks better on the 360 by a slight margin going by comparison screen shots on the Lens of Truth website.

While I can't speak for Alice directly, I highly suggest those with both a ps3 & 360 to try and remember to check Euro-Gamer's Digital Foundry face-offs regarding multi-console releases. Along with screenshots (which are also available from Lens of Truth*), they have detailed breakdowns with actual direct-feed video to compare each game, which I find infinitely more compelling than static images with gimmicky sliders and magnification.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

*edit*
To be clear, Lens of Truth & Digital Foundry do NOT share screen captures. I was merely pointing out that Lens of Truth seems to ONLY offer still frames, instead of video.

REDEMPTION

Hey I just received my birthday code yesterday !

Somehow I still managed to receive the deal even though I'm well into 8/15 (eastern)

So for anyone who created a made up birthday a day after you made your account, check your emails.

So apparently, the free shipping from Origin is slow as balls. I ordered this the first morning it was posted, just got confirmation that it shipped. At least I have plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.

[quote name='Runch']So apparently, the free shipping from Origin is slow as balls. I ordered this the first morning it was posted, just got confirmation that it shipped. At least I have plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.[/QUOTE]
Mine is already here.

[quote name='Runch']So apparently, the free shipping from Origin is slow as balls. I ordered this the first morning it was posted, just got confirmation that it shipped. At least I have plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

I have used EA's free shipping at least a half a dozen times and I usually get the package next day or two days at max. It always really catches me off guard. Since it has shipped for you, expect it in a day or two max.

I got the fame recently on the ps3. I have been playing the original game. It looks great for being 10+ years old. The HD conversion really makes the game pop. The gameplay reminds me of Epic Mickey with blood.

bread's done
Back