Alice Madness Returns $44.99 Preorder @ TRU w/ Free Shipping

Wow, that is a pretty good price for preorder considering you also get the first Alice game for free ($10 value) for buying it new. I think I'll have to get it. Toys R Us does what Amazdon't.

If Amazon matches, I'm canceling my GS preorder & ordering from them, credit or not.

Man, the GS guys are really starting to hate me. :p

Also submitting to Amazon. The Kmart deal is underwraps, but I doubt it'll be much better than this (probably buy for $60 and get $15-$20 SYWR credit).

I did my part also and submitted the lower price to Amazon. I hope they match it. This game and LA Noire are the only ones I'm interested on until the Fall season. Does Toys R' Us charge when you order the game or when it ships?

Submitting to Amazon! I already have it preordered there with credit so I'd like to keep that if possible, but this is a good deal.

I have a question about Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. Will you get the lowest price with the item in your cart, or do you actually have to fully submit an order?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I have a question about Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. Will you get the lowest price with the item in your cart, or do you actually have to fully submit an order?[/QUOTE]

Could be wrong, but I believe you need to actually have your order in.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I have a question about Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. Will you get the lowest price with the item in your cart, or do you actually have to fully submit an order?[/QUOTE]
You have to place an order.

[quote name='argyle']If Amazon matches, I'm canceling my GS preorder & ordering from them, credit or not.

Man, the GS guys are really starting to hate me. :p[/QUOTE]

Enough people start doing this kind of stuff GS will either start making their policies more crazy and strict, or will start having better deals. I know which one a smart company will do, it just depends on how smart GS is.

Are Toys 'R' Us preorders easy to cancel? I went ahead and placed one, but I'm going to hold onto my Amazon preorder too in case they match.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']EA is publishing this right? It will be $40 as an Amazon DotD 2-4 weeks after release, almost guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
Is it really worth waiting 2-4 weeks just to save $5?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Are Toys 'R' Us preorders easy to cancel? I went ahead and placed one, but I'm going to hold onto my Amazon preorder too in case they match.[/QUOTE]

It's literally like 2 clicks to cancel the preorder.

[quote name='emperordahc']I want to pick this up just for the original Alice game included. :)[/QUOTE]
I always wanted to play the original as well.

is the first Alice DLC a limited print like the Ps3 Dead Space? Knowing EA they may make it an incentive to buy new rather than used.

The original Alice was awesome. I preordered this from Gamestop, but I also submitted the price to Amazon. Hope Amazon matches. If not, I'll place an order for it on TRU this evening.

The original Alice is part of a $10 games program. It will be free with pre-orders of Alice MR and will be sold in the PSN store after release for $10. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Deus_Ex_Nox']The original Alice is part of a $10 games program. It will be free with pre-orders of Alice MR and will be sold in the PSN store after release for $10. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]
The achievements for Madness Returns were revealed today: X360A

Interestingly, the list for Madness Returns includes achievements for completing the original Alice. It looks like American McGee's Alice is actually included as a component of Madness Returns; it's not a separate Live Arcade release, or else it would have its own list and its own 200 points separate from Madness Returns' 1000.

It's the same as buying access to Dead Space 2's multiplayer for $10. You only buy the access code separately; you still need the Dead Space 2 disc to play it.

Submitted price match to Amazon. Hopefully they match it or add on a 10-15 dollar gift card. I'm definitely getting this game.

Madness Prevails80
gp-g.png
Complete the Game on Nightmare Difficulty

^I was afraid of that.

I don't plan on getting it right away, but I did submit the price for those of you hoping Amazon will match. I'm not even all that intrigued by the game, but my wife is an Alice-freak. I'll probably end up eventually playing through it so she can watch and see the story, since she refuses to play video games.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The achievements for Madness Returns were revealed today: X360A

Interestingly, the list for Madness Returns includes achievements for completing the original Alice. It looks like American McGee's Alice is actually included as a component of Madness Returns; it's not a separate Live Arcade release, or else it would have its own list and its own 200 points separate from Madness Returns' 1000.

It's the same as buying access to Dead Space 2's multiplayer for $10. You only buy the access code separately; you still need the Dead Space 2 disc to play it.[/QUOTE]

wait im confused, so is the original game on a 2nd disk or is it actually DLC? id prefer an actual disk

Im not sure which verison to get. ANyone know what the lead sku is? Ive been trying to get more PS3 games lately since 360 moved to those shitty flimsy game cases, despite the fact that 360 games tend to look better and i care about achievments more than trophies. However the whole PSN fiasco has me concerned if the first game is a DLC option vs a game on disk

Id also like to see some screenshot comparisons or know which was the lead development sku

Oh, people hadn't heard about this? The original Alice is a bonus with Madness Returns and can only be accessed through Madness Returns main menu, the original Alice is included on the disc. The original Alice will not be seeing a seperate release on PSN/XBLA, instead it will be an unlock (think the gamepass for online multiplayer many publishers, such as EA, are doing) that'll cost $9.99.

To sum it up;

- Original Alice is on Alice: Madness Returns disc.
- Original Alice can only be played through the main menu of Alice: Madness Returns.
- New copies will include a voucher to download the unlock key for the original Alice.
- If you do not have a voucher cause you bought used, your only way to unlock the original Alice on Madness Returns disc is to pay $9.99 for the unlock.

This is the latest in an attempt to get people to buy new instead of used. But it's not as major as the gamepass which basically locks out a major aspect of the game, instead this locks a bonus.

[quote name='Kenshindono']wait im confused, so is the original game on a 2nd disk or is it actually DLC? id prefer an actual disk

Im not sure which verison to get. ANyone know what the lead sku is?.......

Id also like to see some screenshot comparisons or know which was the lead development sku[/QUOTE]

:ps3: Sku D0294403
:360: Sku D0294203

I don't know how to tell which one is the lead sku

hmm thnx buuhan. anyone know what the lead development sku was? im still not sure what version to get

honestly i understand why companies are doing this to get people to buy new, but i really dislike it. My biggest gripe about the current gen is stupid DRM issues. I miss the days of having a save on a memory card and being able to play the game on any ps2 i wanted in the house or at a friends house. Its my god damn game why so many restrictions on what the hell i can do with it and its saves! Now a days you cant even transfer saves for 360 withouth locking down your profile to one console. Even then, some games do not allow you to transfer or move saves AT ALL. (someone please tell me the point of that?!) Once you throw in DRM garbage with games it becomes even worse, making it almost impossible to play on different systems.

The biggest issue with this will show up down the road. Im on my 3rd 360. They just dont make stuff like they used to. What happens 6 years down the road when XBL is gone, and if your 360 dies? Say you have to buy a used one or something to replace it. Your just totally screwed because all the stuff with DRM and DLC will no longer work since you cant get online to authenticate it. Thats why i never buy DLC, ever. Companies adding DLC like restrictions to retail copies im paying good money for really pisses me off

*edit* couple posts went up while i was typing. Thanks for the sku's but im not sure how to check either =P its just a term, mening which game they worked on first/focused on. AKA the lead/focus sku

Submitted the price to Amazon, not sure if I want to order this one or not, but I figured I'll try to help out

i submitted to amazon as online but i'm not sure which would be best

also i agree with you about dlc... that's why i don't purchase it either

I don't trust TRU. Who knows if this is another price mistake that will be canceled due to being "out of stock" even though it is a preorder.

bread's done
Back